Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did you get your kids?

I’m worried I’ll have nobody to pass along wisdom to or rely on when I’m old. (I know, I know.)

How does the mother factor in? Maybe I’ll just marry a like-minded lesbian or woman who isn’t into men or men don’t like? Being gay hasn’t been THAT great to me. I guess there’s always adoption. Sorry, I’m rambling.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2019 1:35 PM

I have no kids, don't want them, but have friends who have gone the surrogacy route. It costs about $100K per kid, which is about the same as private and international adoption. You get an egg donor, inseminate it to create an embryo and hire a surrogate to implant it in. It is biologically yours so you don't have to list a "mother" on the birth certificate. If coupled, the other partner can legally adopt so you are both equal parents.

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 9:30 PM

Adopt a dog or cat. Kids aren't worth the trouble.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2019 9:40 PM

If you have a kid now, you are not doing them any favor.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2019 9:42 PM

Dads adopt 6 kids. Nice heartwarming story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2019 4:56 AM

African Craigslist.

They're cheap and the sellers don't ask questions.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2019 5:00 AM

Do you actually like children, OP? Raising a child involves a lot of sacrifice and hard work. There is no guarantee they will be grateful, loyal or will take care of you, though raising them well does mitigate somewhat against them turning out badly.

In Victorian times, single gentlemen could adopt a worthy lad as a ward who would stand to inherit his protector's wealth. I have no doubt they were well-behaved and suitably grateful.

A number of gay men take that role with a niece or nephew.

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2019 5:58 AM

OP, how interested are you in listening to your parents' wisdom, and taking care of them when they're old?

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2019 6:40 AM

God, you’re boring.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2019 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!