Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Restaurants and other recommendations for dc

I’m going to dc to have a non surgical nose job. So I’ll have a weekend. Fine dining is a hobby for me so I’m look for some not miss dining experiences. Bar recommendations would be great. I’m prob coming in January or the cherry blossom festival

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2019 6:35 PM

Here are WaPo restaurant critic Tom Sietsma's 8 favorite restaurants right now. It may be paywalled. Sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 4:26 PM

Thanks @R1 I will be traveling alone Bar recommendation would be great as well

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2019 6:43 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 3:28 AM

Rasika Maydan

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 3:41 AM

Any restaurant where Stephen Miller was shamed.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 3:48 AM

Ris is low-key fantastic. Also a big fan of Clyde's in Georgetown--touristy but a fun, lively vibe and consistently excellent food. Peacock Cafe in Georgetown is another low-key neighborhood favorite, with lots of sidewalk tables for outdoor dining and people-watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2019 1:11 AM

I have to ask...what is a non-surgical nose job?

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 1:29 AM

Clyde's is a bland chain.

Try Jaleo or Zaytinya.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2019 1:31 AM

Zaytinya and Jaleo are also owned by a larger corporate restaurant group, R8--Jose Andres's, to be specific. And they're great restaurants. So is the Georgetown branch of Clyde's, in my opinion. Other branches maybe not so much, but the M Street Clyde's manages to combine tourist appeal with a local neighborhood vibe and reliably good food on a menu that's updated seasonally.

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2019 2:31 AM

I had a fantastic meal - great food, great service in a pretty space - at Bresca.

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2019 2:55 AM

Change the shape of the nose with fillers. I’m not ready to all the way with rhinoplasty @R7 Thank you @R6 , @R8, @R10

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2019 3:27 AM

Ethiopian food (it's not as foreign-tasting as it might sound) in the Adams Morgan district. Don't have a particular recommendation, but here's the Yelp link to their top 10. Metro does not stop in Adams Morgan, so you have to cab or Uber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2019 6:46 AM

I have not lived in DC for almost 20 years, but I was there most of the time between 1973 and 1999, and I have eaten at Clyde’s at least 20 times. At no time did I or anyone I know ever opine that the food was good, let alone great.

Also, you can walk to Adams-Morgan from either the Dupont Circle or the Calvert Street Metro stop. It is a long walk, and mostly uphill from Dupont, but maybe OP likes to walk.

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2019 7:00 AM

if you're traveling, why not go ahead and get a permanent nose job

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2019 7:23 AM

Restaurant and bar at the Tabard inn , near Dupont Circle

Hillwood , the fabulous estate of Marjorie Post , is incredible.

Moon 1600 as you walk by.

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2019 8:18 AM

DC is a pervy place. Visit the bars and sex clubs!

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2019 8:33 AM

Have you been there recently, R13? There must be some reason they're still in business--and constantly packed--after all these years....

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2019 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!