Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

20 Year Old Man commits suicide after Facebook users bully him for dating a MtF trans

While bullying is disgusting, and I feel people need to mind their own business, I hate how people are so quick to kill themselves because of “bullying”.

It sucks but learn to grow a thicker skin and don’t let them get to you to that point!

“A man who was bullied in a viral Facebook video for dating a male-to-female transgender committed suicide. Maurice Willoughby, aka Reese Him Daddie, was only 20 when he took his own life after defending his relationship with Faith, who was born a biological male.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 3, 2019 7:06 PM

With technology and Social Media everything seems overwhelming and it stays around FOREVER. Hence the overwhelming sense of doom when these attacks happen.

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 2:51 PM

I don't get why any gay man would attack someone for being suicidal because of bullying. It's a huge issue among gay boys & men as well. Why can't people realize what their bigotry and actions doing to other human beings and get a sense of decency?

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote]Willoughby defended his relationship on Facebook last month. He even tattooed Faith's name on his forehead.

Yeah, I don’t think who he was dating was this dude’s issue.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2019 2:57 PM

I was going to say, this was not the most mentally sound to begin with...

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2019 2:59 PM

[quote]It sucks but learn to grow a thicker skin and don’t let them get to you to that point!

There is a Harvard study that looked at the use of trigger warnings that suggests that protecting people from ideas and situations that upsets them makes people much less resilient and less able to cope with negative situations.

People seem not to have learned basic coping mechanisms for life, and it appears to be becoming a more common and worse problem.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2019 3:03 PM

r3

Couples do that all the time. Faith is probably going to get a tattoo of his name as well if she hasn't already.

You are seeking any excuse to victim blame and defend the bullies. This same thing is a problem with gay males so you'd think we gay men would have the compassion.

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2019 3:05 PM

Forehead, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2019 3:14 PM

What a pity he didn't shut off Facebook and take Faith for a stroll and dinner in another town.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2019 3:19 PM

R2 is it really the same when you can just opt for not putting your private life online knowing the internet is full of hate and trolls?

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Where's the proof that he committed suicide because of the harassment? Sounds like they're trying to draw a connection. The article states he had a history of mental health problems.

This is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2019 3:23 PM

“Facebook users.” This guy was from some hood in Philly. Once word got out, he would’ve been suffering from more harassment in the streets than he did online, including the physical variety. Not to mention what his friends and family might have had to say about it—did they defend him or cut him off and join in on the bullying, which can intensify the misery and loneliness by magnitudes? The story likely goes far beyond a few nasty Facebook and Instagram comments.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2019 3:38 PM

R11 - and you know all this how? Oh, that's right - you're just supposing this happened.

There's no evidence that he killed himself over bullying.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]Couples do that all the time.

Get FOREHEAD tattoos???

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2019 3:45 PM

Were the Facebook users actual trolls or people he knew/from his neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2019 3:47 PM

[QUOTE]Were the Facebook users actual trolls or people he knew/from his neighborhood?

Probably both. The story of him dating her generated some buzz online, which means outsized attention from haters in various dark corners of the internet as well as the people in your local community.

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2019 3:50 PM

r14

It was probably a bit of both

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2019 3:51 PM

From what I’ve observed, only the mentally ill date trans people, so his issues were much deeper than “being bullied online.”

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2019 3:59 PM

What’s your definition of “mentally ill”? Many straights think homosexuality is a mental illness, and depression and suicide and substance abuse all have a badly disproportionate presence within our community.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2019 4:04 PM

[quote]What’s your definition of “mentally ill”? Many straights think homosexuality is a mental illness, and depression and suicide and substance abuse all have a badly disproportionate presence within our community.

"How dare you consider that schizophrenic to be mentally ill! You know what people think about you fags!"

He had a FOREHEAD TATTOO, moron.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2019 4:49 PM

This isn’t the 60’s anymore. Everyone with a tat on their face isn’t automatically schizo. I am friends with, work with, and in acquaintance of many individuals with facial tats who lead perfectly normal lives—people who may be doing more with their short time on earth than your judgmental ass.

While this young man may have struggled with some type of depression, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was in a relationship with a trans girl. Nor should we use it to excuse the possibility that bullying might have pushed him over the edge at a time in his life when he needed love, hope and understanding.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2019 5:06 PM

R20 - bullshit. Anyone with a facial tat is, at best, a person who makes bad decisions. They aren't 'rockin' the world - they've actually opted themselves out of that with their poor choices.

And yes, people are judgmental all the time - we make judgments every day about life and people.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2019 5:13 PM

Of course OP attacks the victim, not the perpetrators. Eat shit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2019 5:15 PM

It’s his mental illness that ultimately led him to suicide imho.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]"Where we are from, if you like trans woman, and you black, the streets will talk about you, fight you, even try to kill you. He was dealing with a lot."

The sad part is that several of those "street thugs" are on the DL, or at the very least experimented with sucking dick. Or are into trans themselves.

BELIEVE ME, you'd be shocked. Butch in the streets, femme between the sheets.

R23 The bullying did not help with whatever struggles he was going through, and it will often escalate one's own illness depending on the severity of it.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2019 5:20 PM

The reason people are defending the bullies is because they're guilty of bigotry and bullying against Trans people and people who date/fuck Trans people as well.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2019 5:43 PM

People who are blaming his supposed "mental illness:" how is bullying somebody who is mentally ill any better?

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2019 5:44 PM

R.I.P to the young man.

The most disturbing passage of the article is:

"Amiyah Scott, a MtF transgender who starred on the now cancelled series "Star", tweeted a plea to end the stigma of transgenders dating heterosexual men.

I don't think Ms. Scott has considered the implications of what she is saying.

So lesbians should sleep with trans women? She also invalidates the term 'homosexual', those two points make her homophobic to me.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2019 5:56 PM

You’ve hit the nail on the head r27. This mindset is extremely homophobic. It denies us as gay men and lesbian women our same-sex orientation, calls it into question, and attempts to redefine it.

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2019 6:19 PM

This is no great loss.....what was this troubled, face-tatted, thug gonna go on to do?

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2019 6:22 PM

The "homophobia" is only in your mind, r28. She's saying men shouldn't get hassled for dating trans women. You sound dumb, and easily offended.

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2019 6:22 PM

The bullying may have been the last straw, but the bullies (while assholes) are not to blame for his suicide.

Someone who is 20 years old is an adult and should be capable of dealing with cyberbullies. And someone who tattoos their partners' name in huge letters on his forehead has a host of other mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2019 6:24 PM

Why in the world would you bother with people on the net? We can all just turn off.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2019 6:43 PM

R27, yep. If a guy considers dating a transsexual woman, he isn’t straight. It’s really ok to not be straight. But don’t ask the rest of us to redefine the entire world,because a small group of people can’t deal with their own gay feelings. Similarly, men who think they’re lesbians used to be a punchline, now lesbians are actually supposed to date them...

I’m very sorry for the person in question here and would reiterate that being gay or bisexual is totally fine and this message should be communicated strongly. It is much more logical and consistent, of course, than “trans women are women”, which very few people actually believe to the extent of altering their behavior, even if they pay it lip service. It’s fine for males to like males, no-one should feel bad or be judged or hurt themselves for that.

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2019 6:44 PM

If you follow Black Twitter, it's clear plenty of Black people still have a hysterical attitude towards male homosexuality. Their rhetoric is fanatic and violent.

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2019 6:50 PM

R34 - why would any of us “follow black twitter?”

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2019 6:58 PM

Nothing says "ordinary" quite like a giant forehead tattoo, just as r6 claims!

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2019 7:08 PM

Suicide is the most extreme thing a person can do. I don’t know what kind of bullying he experienced and if that’s a commensurate reaction to whatever he feared. Sometimes when we are young, we lack perspective. Whatever it was, I’m sorry for him — and anyone who loved him — and hope he’s at peace.

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2019 7:13 PM

That Sandra Rose website itself is very homophobic. Both the administrator and the commenters. The latter have actually found a way to blame gay men for this. Like this Chicagowise person:

"A lot of gay men are filled with rage. Most of them turn that rage inward by engaging in risky sexual behavior or putting themselves in harm's way. Some of the men who are attracted to trannies are in denial. They can only accept their homosexuality if their male partner is disguised as a woman."

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2019 7:22 PM

R34 How exactly does one follow “black twitter”? Please elaborate! WTF does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2019 7:30 PM

r39 Just follow certain accounts and the comments and discussions that follow? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2019 7:35 PM

R40 How about I follow white nationalists and then make sweeping generalizations about white people, you myopic fucking moron

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2019 7:42 PM

r41 Except that these people are not members of extremist organizations or anything of the like. They're regular people who use the internet to express their views. It just so happens their views on male homosexuality are on average much more hateful than those of whites, Asians, and Latinos. I'm sorry the truth hurts but you're in denial if you think average Black people are as tolerant as average non-Black people in America. They're not.

And I'm Latino with a Black grandfather, you can make insult white people away for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2019 7:46 PM

[Quote] can make insult white people away for all I care.

Oh Dear!

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote]The "homophobia" is only in your mind, [R28]. She's saying men shouldn't get hassled for dating trans women. You sound dumb, and easily offended.

You’re no Einstein either toots. He’s saying straight men shouldn’t get hassled for dating men. Except that straight men don’t date other men, gay men do. Except this guy was so ashamed of dating and fucking another man, he apparently offed himself.

You don’t suck another dude’s cock and claim you’re sucking off a woman, no matter what makes your partner feel more valid.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2019 7:53 PM

This kid had absolutely no future, no career, no education, and no prospects. He would have been a drain on the healthcare system and public resources.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2019 8:35 PM

Some of you are so fucking miserable and full of hate it isn't even funny.

You're clearly intimidated by the idea of transgendered people. So you lash out with hatred and anger.

It's not even worth debating the issue. You're to be pitied, not entertained.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2019 8:38 PM

Live on in pride and presumption, r46.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2019 9:27 PM

This story provides something for everyone to be outraged about.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2019 9:32 PM

r46: I think somebody here needs to turn that frown upside-down!

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2019 9:48 PM

The person who suicided has two names?

Is "Reese Him Daddie" a name or a demand.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2019 10:20 PM

Well he probably doesn’t even have any money to pay for a burial, not any family that cares. Now the taxpayers will have to cover the cost of his cremation.

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2019 10:51 PM

LaKeith Stanfield speaks out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 22, 2019 1:40 AM

R51 is a horrific troll and Muriel needs to dispose of him at once.

by Anonymousreply 53August 22, 2019 1:47 AM

Get off Facebook people. It’s for the elderly and the chronically narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 54August 22, 2019 2:06 AM

I love FB

by Anonymousreply 55August 22, 2019 3:13 AM

[quote]"Y'all can say whatever about faith I really don't care if she not passable I don't care if she wasn't born a woman she is a woman to me & I love her flaws that's what makes her faith if you heard her story it's motivating..... I'm happy you should be happy for me".

Gender, grammar, and mental health issues aside, those are sweet words to say about someone you love.

by Anonymousreply 56August 22, 2019 3:53 AM

The comments in this thread are so disgusting. Some of you should be very ashamed of yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 57August 22, 2019 10:49 AM

Looks like his 'girlfriend' wasn't enough to live for

by Anonymousreply 58August 22, 2019 11:27 AM

R58 - LOL !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59August 22, 2019 12:27 PM

Yikes. A lot of these posts look like they were pulled from 4chan, Stormfront, or the deplorable parts of Reddit. I don't know why I thought a gay forum would be above this.

by Anonymousreply 60August 22, 2019 1:29 PM

Well my delicate maricon, welcome to DL! There is a reason viewing settings can be set to "asbestos."

by Anonymousreply 61August 22, 2019 1:37 PM

There are some vile people here

by Anonymousreply 62August 22, 2019 2:45 PM

R62 - we’re not vile, we’re just happy when trash people quit breathing our precious air.

by Anonymousreply 63August 22, 2019 3:02 PM

Is this thread a Trump rally?

by Anonymousreply 64August 22, 2019 4:03 PM

I wonder if anyone with a face tattoo has ever made it to 50 years old.

by Anonymousreply 65August 22, 2019 4:40 PM

Hopefully the “girlfriend” will pull a Romeo and Juliet to declare her love and off herself too.

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2019 5:51 PM

R65, in all seriousness, I wonder about that, too.

And there’s that old DL trope about “beringedness”. I have never met a woman (it’s always women) with rings on multiple fingers who was sane.

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2019 11:27 PM

some face tattoos can be cute... Bo Sinn for example... but a suicidal 20 year-old gayling who tattooes his face with the name of his MTF girlfriend is clearly in bad shape... and a name that this girl will probably change every 2 months depending on her need for attention... he would have committed suicide with or without social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2019 12:47 AM

Bo has a blonde crew cut recently and its lightened his look considerably. I would never call him cute.

by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2019 3:30 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2019 3:25 PM

R65, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 71August 28, 2019 4:16 AM

I thought he committed suicide because his "girlfriend" dumped him.

by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2019 4:44 AM

I'd say to him, "Oh, man up!"

by Anonymousreply 73August 28, 2019 5:01 AM

“Learn to grow a thicker skin” — great advice from someone who also would suggest...ugh I can’t even

by Anonymousreply 74August 28, 2019 6:33 AM

The video that went viral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 3, 2019 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!