Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump decries 'great disloyalty' of Jews who vote for Democrats

President Trump said Tuesday that Jews who vote for Democrats were either ignorant or disloyal.

Trump was asked if the United States should reconsider its policies toward Israel after the country refused to permit two Muslim-American U.S. congresswomen to enter.

“Any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” said Trump. It wasn’t clear what he meant by “disloyalty” — and whether it be to Israel, the United States or their faith.

Although Trump has many prominent Jewish supporters and won in 2016 in some heavily Orthodox neighborhoods of New York City, the majority of American Jews have supported Democrats for generations, and continue to do so.

Trump has spent much of 2019 attempting to paint the Democratic Party as anti-Semitic, picking fights with two Muslim-American congresswomen, Reps. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, both freshman Democrats who were denied entry by the Netanyahu government, at Trump’s insistence, when they sought to visit the West Bank. Tlaib was eventually granted a humanitarian waiver to visit family but she declined, saying the conditions Israel attached were unacceptable.

“The Israeli government used my love and desire to see my grandmother to silence me and made my ability to do so contingent upon my signing a letter — reflecting just how undemocratic and afraid they are of the truth my trip would reveal,” said Tlaib in a statement.

According to a Pew Research study, 79 percent of Jewish voters went for Democrats in the 2018 midterms. Pew said this number has varied over the years, from 87 percent in 2006 to 66 percent in 2014. In presidential races, the Jewish vote since 2000 has ranged from 69 percent to 79 percent for Democrats, with Hillary Clinton getting 71 percent against Trump in the 2016 race.

The president himself has trafficked in “dual loyalty” accusations, referring to Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu as “your prime minister” when talking at a conference of Jewish-Americans and has called Israel “your country” at a White House Hanukkah celebration. Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric was blamed by some Jews for inspiring a terror attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue in which 11 people died last year.

While Trump and several Republicans have accused the congresswomen of being anti-Semitic, IfNotNow, a progressive Jewish group that has supported both Tlaib and Omar, sees the president as the one spreading hate.

“American Jews see through Trump’s lies,” Emily Mayer, IfNotNow’s spokeswoman, said in a statement to Yahoo News. “We watched as his 2016 campaign regularly used anti-Semitic tropes and inspired the rise of white nationalism. We’re still watching as he spews anti-Semitic and anti-immigrant rhetoric from the Oval Office, inspiring mass violence — and putting so many Americans, including our community, in real danger.

“Rashida has been one of the strongest allies of the Jewish people,” Mayer added. “Trump is once again cynically weaponizing our community’s pain to brush aside legitimate criticism of Israel’s human rights violations.”

Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter, converted to Judaism when she married Jared Kushner and their children are Jewish. Trump has called himself “the least anti-Semitic person you’ve ever seen.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2020 4:59 PM

OH! I'd soooo stick him with this one!

You mean that if you don't vote and support the all white male party that you're disloyal?

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Because if any man knows what it means to be a good Jew, it's German/Scottish American buffoon Donald J. Trump -- whose base of support is the most poisonous anti-semites in the country.*

*(and I mean real, Elders of Zoin Anti-Semites, not critics of Israel)

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Asshole

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 9:50 PM

He’s getting desperate now. Lol

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 9:51 PM

I was just going to post that, R4.

He's trying to shore up anyone and everyone that he can get.

He's really going to start ratcheting up the fear mongering and hate mongering, as we get closer to 2020.

trump feeds off of hate and division.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 9:52 PM

I hope that Jewish Americans speak out against this kind of bullshit.

No matter what their political affiliation, this kind of divisive talk should not be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 9:54 PM

They mostly hate him anyway, r6, his rabid Zionism notwithstanding, because he's basically Hitler 2.0.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 9:56 PM

I don't know about that, R7.

Netanyahu loves him, and most Jewish people support Netanyahu.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 9:57 PM

Is it also a “great disloyalty” as a white person not to vote for the WORST US President ever??? Fuck I hate this SOB.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 9:58 PM

R2, Trump supporters are rabid supporters of Israel. You’re wrong about them being Anti Semites. Fox News tellenrhem jews are the chosen ones and they eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 9:58 PM

I'm Jewish and I support the President.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 9:58 PM

Tell them*

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote] You’re wrong about them being Anti Semites.

Oh my god you are. So. Wrong.

Where to even begin with this guy?

Uneducated Middle American white males. No one in this country is more anti-Semitic than that.

Have you been paying attention? You do know that Steve Bannon basically ran his campaign, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 10:07 PM

R8 I wouldn't be so sure about your comment. I'm Jewish, and I don't know any Jews who love, let alone support Bibi. One can support Israel, and be pro-Jewish and detest him. You must know and hang with only Republican, Likud-loving conservative Jews.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 10:12 PM

Clearly he thinks Jews are not loyal to the USA.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 10:18 PM

“These Jews ain’t loyal”

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote]Uneducated Middle American white males. No one in this country is more anti-Semitic than that.

American Jews are made up of white males and they currently are working in Trump’s cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 10:25 PM

"Uneducated Middle American white males. No one in this country is more anti-Semitic than that."

Don't like Hymietowners

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 10:31 PM

[quote]American Jews are made up of white males and they currently are working in Trump’s cabinet.

Way to cherrypick two words out of a sentence and pretend they are all that apply. Are those Jews also uneducated middle Americans? And of course the VAST majority of uneducated middle American white males are Christian.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 10:42 PM

R8 not sure which Jews you're referring to. Most I know abhor Netanyahu.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote] not sure which Jews you're referring to. Most I know abhor Netanyahu

Then why does he keep getting elected as Prime Minister?

Give me a break.

Israelis have elected him to be their leader in 1996, 2009, 2013, and 2015.

He has been Prime Minister for something like 13 of the last 23 years.

I'd say that qualifies as having their support.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 11:00 PM

Jews see the world through the eyes of difference and oppression- that's why they're Democrats. Just like gays, blacks, etc.

They're also wary of demagogues, for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 11:02 PM

Jews are their own worst enemies.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 11:02 PM

r21, you do understand that American Jews and Israeli Jews are different, right? Or, like Trump, do you believe that all American Jews are citizens of Israel? American Jews are roughly 60-70% Reform or Conservative. Many of these are non-practicing. Probably fewer than 10% of American Jews are Orthodox. (Other Jews are atheists - they are culturally and ethnically Jewish). In Israel, the Orthodox and super-Orthodox are more numerous and they hold much more political power. They are the group that most strongly supports Netanyahu, and they will make coalitions with other conservative political parties to make a majority in the Israeli Parliament (the Knesset) . As with all Parliamentary systems, the Prime Minister is not elected, per se. He is the head of the party which has the most seats in Parliament. In Netanyahu's case, he is the head of the Likud Party. Other political parties that support him are ones that are in favor of a very strong military.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Uh-Oh....

Jewish leaders outraged by Trump saying Jews disloyal if they vote for Democrats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote] Jewish leaders outraged by Trump saying Jews disloyal if they vote for Democrats

As they should be!

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 11:40 PM

It would be wonderful if this snowballed into massive backlash. Not holding my breathe though.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 11:40 PM

Does R21 and R8, whether you are the same is irrelevant, believe any old Jew gets to vote in Israeli elections?

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 11:42 PM

Well, I'm going to write this; I don't think that most people even know why they support Israel. It's just the de rigueur thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 11:44 PM

R29 You should have cocktails with R8, and R21 this evening. I trust the conversation shall prove quote stimulating.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 11:49 PM

^quite

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 11:51 PM

The bronzer — or Cheeto powder — is affecting the synapses even more than usual.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2019 12:01 AM

I think more Jews support Trump the media reports,Most jews are very fiscally conservative and appreciate Trump's loyalty to Israel. Remember it was Trump not Obama who moved the embassy for them

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2019 12:19 AM

I think more Jews support Trump the media reports,Most jews are very fiscally conservative and appreciate Trump's loyalty to Israel. Remember it was Trump not Obama who moved the embassy for them

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2019 12:19 AM

So R33/R34, do you think that more Jews support Trump, than the media reports?

And are they very fiscally conservative too?

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2019 12:20 AM

r35, Yes! They Admire Trump's business sense

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2019 12:21 AM

I think it’s great that he said this. He!’s alienated another group of voters reducing his chances of getting re elected.

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2019 12:33 AM

I wish this halitosis-ridden, dumb-shit FART BAG would shut the fuck up and DIE already.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2019 12:35 AM

Dogwhistle much?

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2019 12:36 AM

Where does he get off, speaking for Jewish people?

That's what I'd like to know.

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2019 12:48 AM

I'm Jewish and I don't think Israel should ever get another dime of American money. I have no love of the so called Jewish nation. As for Trump he can shove it up his racist ass. I wish I could tell him to go fuck himself to his ugly hate filled face. Going back generations no one in my family would ever vote for a Republican, especially Hitler II. I went to Hebrew school for a couple of years and there was only one kid whose family was Republican, of course his piece of shit father was a rich attorney. Other than that I knew of no Jews who would ever vote for a Republican. Of course I grew up in NYC.

Now the only Jewish Republicans I know are Russians. My guess is they are as anti-American as Trump and the other Rs. They only came to this country for money.

I would ask anyone who loves America and our democracy and who considers themselves a patriot how they could vote for any Republican. Even the one, Susan Collins, who is supposed to be Republican lite, is a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2019 12:49 AM

R8 No we don't. You've got some kind of crazy batshit derangement syndrome going on.

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2019 12:52 AM

Call me a Jew who's Sitting Shiva for the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2019 12:52 AM

LOL, R43. I hope they are dead, really, really, REALLY dead, that a house fell on all of them.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2019 12:55 AM

R8 you stupid turd, most "Jewish people" do not support Netanyahu. You do understand that there are more Jews in the US than in Israel. And Netanyahu and his vulgar wife are not popular with American Jews.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2019 1:09 AM

Trump's Christian followers support the state of Israel, not the Jewish People. In their book of superstitions known as the Book of Revelations, it is stated that in order for this poor Jewish fellow named Yeshua to return to Earth and raise the dead, there must be a state of Israel run by the Jews.

That is the sole reason these Christians support Israel. They are waiting for the "rapture". These superstitious fools couldn't care less about Jews.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2019 1:16 AM

And he just happens to say this on a day where there was more bad economic news, companies announcing lay-offs and closings, Trump being mocked about saying he was buying Greenland, and more. Deflect!

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2019 1:20 AM

Do you think we could somehow trigger the christian rapture, like an earthquake is triggered by fracking? That would be really good right about now.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2019 1:41 AM

Why should Jews feel loyal to a president who called mobs of white supremacists "good people" after they marched down the street chanting "Jews will not replace us"? Is the crazy bitch off his meds?

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2019 1:50 AM

[quote]Jews are their own worst enemies.

Unlike the rest of us who are our own BESTIES 4EVER!!!

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote]In their book of superstitions known as the Book of Revelations,

Fairy tales is more like it, same as the Koran or Torah.

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2019 2:01 AM

Another New York Jew here. Not one American Jew I know has ever supported Trump. Or Netanyahu, for that matter. And on the question of why Netanyahu continues to be re-elected, Orthodox Jews in Israel have electoral power way out of proportion to their numbers. (Sort of like Republicans here in the US).

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2019 3:10 AM

He's really an evil piece of shit. It is reminiscent of the 'stab in the back' lie told by Hitler and his ilk after WW1.

This and Boris, also an evil piece of shit, calling MPs working against a no-deal Brexit 'collaborators' is pure facist language.

I don't understand how anyone, with a knowledge of history, can't see the terrible danger we're all in.

It always starts with the Jews...

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2019 3:24 AM

R41, all of my life, I grew up with, hung out with, and am good friends with Jews from Israel, & those who were born and raised here in the states.

Almost every Jew I know is a liberal, including the wealthy ones, and that’s in NY, and California.

And most Jews who I know are either atheists, agnostics, or only observe for certain holidays.

Non-Jewish Americans, particularly white evangelicals, have a misguided belief of the Jewish community in the United States, and in Israel. They are taught in church, that after the rapture, the tribulation, and Jesus Christ’s return to earth, that Jews will finally recognize the Christian Jesus as their Messiah whom they’ve been waiting for. I guess once all of this happens, we will all live together, Goyim and Jews, as on big happy family.

Every single Jew I’ve discussed this with thinks Evangelicals are nuts to believe something that is so antithetical to the Jewish faith, even if they don’t practice, or believe

The typical, white, Christian boomers, have zero understanding of Jews, and the various sects within the faith, politics, etc. Their idea of Jews is what they learn in their Christian Bible. They really just don’t know any better, and I don’t think that they even understand what it is that they mean, when they say that they support Israel.

Conservative,, White Evangelicals, are under the odd impression that they are allies to the Jews, and hence, Jews, particularly Jews in Israel, are allies to them as well. So this comment Trump made proves my point. That comment was made for the benefit of conservative Evangelicals, and that line of thinking, that Jews are either misinformed or disloyal to not vote for conservative Republicans, comes from the Evangelical church.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2019 3:50 AM

Why don’t Jews like me???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2019 4:03 AM

Threads focusing on Jews and Israel are guaranteed to attract DL's legion of haters and bigots proud to spew their stupidity and ignorance. This thread is more of the same.

Trump reiterates that Dems and Repubs share commonality in their anti-Jewish bigotry and hatred. Not news or a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2019 4:06 AM

R56, give us a break. None of us here are antisemites, except for one idiot upthread. DL has always skewed heavily pro-Jew.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2019 4:09 AM

[quote]None of us here are antisemites,

R57 Of course not. What bigot/hater considers himself one?

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2019 4:14 AM

Israel has universal health care. Perhaps he should start by trying to emulate that and drop the hate-mongering crap. Idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2019 4:33 AM

I’m curious how Jewish Democrats in general feel about Israel. Do they love Israel, indifferent to it, hate it? Because while the Republicans are absolutely pro-Israel, the Democrats are wishy-washy and there is definitely a lot of Israel hate and anti-Zionism on the left.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2019 7:02 AM

R60 I think I'm starting to figure it out. It's not about loving Israel, they (we) do. It's the current administration. More and more evidence that Benny Net is as corrupt as they come, just as much as Trump, only he's smart and cunning, which Trump is not. So it's a fine line of staying loyal to Israel while negotiating it's current leader, (just like it is here).

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2019 7:15 AM

[quote]And most Jews who I know are either atheists, agnostics, or only observe for certain holidays.

You’ve hit upon it. Imagine if the political views and voting records of former Christians, or of people who are not Christian but their parents are, were added into the views of Christians and all labeled as Christian. It would greatly alter the result. There doesn’t seem to be a concept of being “ex-Jewish” to separate the views of practicing Jews from non-practicing. Of course the latter would have no special concern for the protection of Israel from its neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2019 7:25 AM

Trump senses a potential vulnerability that he is trying to exploit.

Trump sees a young Democratic congresswoman who is a bit of a loose cannon and who made inappropriate comments at a time when she should have been getting to work and listening to the advice of experienced mentors like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

The Jews have voted Democratic in every election since 1948 and they will do so again in 2020. Most American Jews are liberal and cannot be persuaded to suddenly abandon decades of commitment to progressive policies just because Trump and the GOP throw in a lot of random references to Israel and anti-Semitism. American Jews are too clever to fall for right-wing tricks.

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2019 8:03 AM

Trump doesn't give a shit about the Jews or Israel, just like he doesn't give a shit about anything but himself. But he didn't say it to try to win over Jews, he said it for his White Supremacist base because he knows that's what they love to hear.

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2019 8:21 AM

The Jews have . . .

Most American Jews are . . .

The Orthodox do/do not . . .

Ignorant over-generalization and stereotyping. You're exactly the same as those right-wingers/freepers/Trumpsters/KKKers you so self-righteously and hypocritically condemn.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2019 9:06 AM

Oh, I do love the false equivalence troll. The posts are so genuinely stupid that they don't need any rebuttal. He gives himself away with every word of ignorant bile he spews here.

You should see his posts on other threads. He's really a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2019 10:26 AM

All of a sudden, Trump speaks for Jews?

Fuck him and his hateful supporters

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2019 10:36 AM

[Quote] Because while the Republicans are absolutely pro-Israel, the Democrats are wishy-washy and there is definitely a lot of Israel hate and anti-Zionism on the left.

Historically, Dems are the ones who supported Israel while the GOP was indifferent. The rise of the evangelical right and large pro-Israel donors suddenly switched that around about GWB’s time when the GOP started being pro- right wing Israel.

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2019 10:38 AM

American Jews overwhelmingly are Democrats and do not support Netanyahu. He's trying to sway the more extreme Jews.

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2019 10:44 AM

Trump has been blackmailed into acting as a Rothschild agent. Massive exponentially growing 'national debt', endless wars/genocide, etc, less personal freedom every day,

"By their deeds you shall know them" Jesus

by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2019 10:45 AM

[quote] I do love the false equivalence troll.

R66 The SOLE "false equivalency" is your hypocritical belief that your bigotry and hatred is somehow different to everyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2019 10:51 AM

In Trump's mind, (and others), Jews are white--except Sammy Davis, Jr who was a fantastic entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2019 10:52 AM

R71, since my "bigotry and hatred" exist only in your fevered imagination, I'm afraid that all you're managing to do is to continue to make a fool of yourself with your posts, as well as repeatedly demonstrating your own "bigotry and hatred."

But it is amusing, so you do have that going for you.

by Anonymousreply 73August 21, 2019 10:54 AM

R73 Another bigot/hater who truly believes he isn't. THEY hate, WE don't. Or rather, WE have the right (or should that be left?) to hate them. Hypocrites shrieking false equivalency. THAT is what is truly amusing. And so foolish.

by Anonymousreply 74August 21, 2019 10:59 AM

LOL.... Oh, you poor thing. You can't find a single post of mine that exhibits any "bigotry" or "hatred," so you have to make up shit and pretend, and hope that nobody notices.

Sorry, hunty; we noticed. You really are you hilariously obvious. And inept.

by Anonymousreply 75August 21, 2019 11:01 AM

Here's what most of you are missing:

Trump's pre-presidential friends are almost all Jewish.

In fact, many people in NYC assumed he was Jewish. All the other real estate families of his era were Jewish, that is who the Trumps socialized with and he just seemed like one of them, only more desperate.

Steve Ross, of Equinox fame, is one of his pre-presidential Jewish friends and there are many others.

(By "pre-presidential" I mean when he was just a loudmouth guy appearing on Howard Stern and promoting his hotels. And a Democrat.)

And most US Jews do not support Bibi, who stays in office because Israel has a parliamentary system that allows small radical parties to have great power in a system where the more mainstream parties poll fairly evenly. So it becomes "which nutjobs can we appease enough to get our total number of supporters into the majority" and Bibi chooses right-wing nutjobs.

by Anonymousreply 76August 21, 2019 11:04 AM

What gets me about this idiot, is that he says this, after he REFUSED to condemn a group of antisemites, who spent a weekend in Charlottesville, VA, chanting “The Jews will not replace us”, which eventually resulted in the murder of Heather Haeir.

The problem we have here in America and which still exists in Europe, is that kids have been consuming misinformation and alternative history on the internet now, for over two decades. People no longer know the history of the world. They are inept at recognizing the small, tiny steps that are taken in order to transition a democracy into fascism.

I urge anyone here who doubts the President Trump and his administration are not taking their directives from the fascist playbook, to spend some time doing REAL research on what fascism truly means, it’s definition, and hold up those definitions up to what this administration has attempted to and has done to our government.

The ONLY thing that has prevented Trump from following down the path of someone like Hitler, Mussolini, et. al, are a group of judges who have blocked his attempts to subvert the Rule of Law.

This isn’t bullshit. This is real, and it is a movement that is currently affecting parts of SE Asia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa, and the US. And if you are naive enough to believe that it could never happen here, elements are happening here, in the US, right now.

Don’t be a fool. Being a conservative is not synonymous to being a fascist. If that’s what you want in our country, then perhaps the Philippines, or Turkey, our better places for you.

by Anonymousreply 77August 21, 2019 11:05 AM

R75 We?? You speak only for your hypocritical, bigoted self. You are the one that mentioned "false equivalency". Keep that in mind. For the next time.

by Anonymousreply 78August 21, 2019 11:11 AM

Yes, dear. "we." As in everyone else on this thread who has been laughing at your idiotic posts. I do love how you keep doubling down on the bile while completely unable to find a single example of said "hatred," "bigotry," or "hypocrisy." DL says that I've posted 1600 times on this forum, so such posts should be ridiculously easy for you to find and yet, somehow, you are unable to locate a single one.

Like I said, you really are you hilariously obvious. And inept.

by Anonymousreply 79August 21, 2019 11:14 AM

R79 There is no "we". There is only YOU. Bigoted, hypocritical YOU. Who shrieks false equivalency when her fetish is threatened. And I will continue to remind you of that as often as you require. We'll be meeting again, I've no doubt. Soon.

Oh, and on the subject of inept, it is patently obvious that you're clicking your own WW icons, as your posts appear simultaneously with several votes. Insecure, are WE?

by Anonymousreply 80August 21, 2019 11:25 AM

[quote]DL says that I've posted 1600 times on this forum

Has anyone ever explained to you the concept of a "door"?

by Anonymousreply 81August 21, 2019 11:31 AM

So you respond to a quite correct comment about making shit up by ... making shit up. That's hilarious! I love how you double down on the stupidity. And how you continue to be unable to find a single example of said "bigotry," "hatred," and "hypocrisy." Not one. Why is that?

Moving on, since this is just too easy. Have fun launching other futile, depressingly obvious, attacks against me and the rest of the posters here.

by Anonymousreply 82August 21, 2019 11:33 AM

Most Jews in the US are registered as Democrats. Russian emigres from the 1980s onward tend to register GOP because they fled the Soviet Union and fear/ hate anything leftist which they identify as similar to Communism ( just like the early Cuban refugees here). Orthodox Jews favor conservative Dems (in NYC) or GOP candidates because they are socially conservative like evangelicals or deeply religious Catholics). (Non-practicing Catholics tend to vote Democratic as do moderate/liberal and Black Christians.)

by Anonymousreply 83August 21, 2019 11:40 AM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! @newsmax @foxandfriends @OANN

by Anonymousreply 84August 21, 2019 11:44 AM

R76, native NYer here, so I am quite familiar with Trump’s friends before he ran, and most of them are democrats, just like he was, before he decided that democrats were too smart to vote for him, including all the Jewish ones he hob-nobbed with in NY and played golf with in his various country clubs.

This man is such a con. I look at conservatives who I personally know. Some of these people are smart, but not wealthy in order to benefit from the tax changes Trump passed. And I look at them, and I think to myself, “Why did you admire this guy? This isn’t about bipartisan. This guy has been a con and a crook his entire life, and he doesn’t believe in God, couldn’t care less about Christian values, or concerns for unborn, aborted babies. He would actually not spend 30 seconds of his personal time with you, because he LOVES to hang out with DEMOCRATS who have as much money as he does.

Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 85August 21, 2019 11:48 AM

R72, Um, they are white.

by Anonymousreply 86August 21, 2019 11:49 AM

That’s some delusional shit at R84. I know not ONE Jew who voted for Trump. Even ones worth over 1 million, which many who I know, are.

by Anonymousreply 87August 21, 2019 11:53 AM

I noticed the person who Trump quoted praising him as the second coming and King of Israel was not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 88August 21, 2019 11:55 AM

Wow... Wayne Allyn Root is really a toxic piece of work. His Twitter feed, which I'm not going to link to, is every bit as vile as you might expect after having read the comments quoted in R84.

He's really got a hate on for Buttigieg, it seems, insisting in multiple tweets that Buttigieg is guilty of a crime and that "it's time for indictment, perp walk, prosecution" because Buttigieg is a "criminal and traitor," who "could actually be charged with conspiracy in the murder of a federal law enforcement agent."

As you might expect, he really doesn't like Omar and Tlaib, those "evil, lying, Jew hating witches" who are also "radical commies." Also, as you might expect, he does love him some Trump, who "is greatest president in modern history." And he's a conspiracy nut, pushing various theories, mostly around Jeffrey Epstein with some Seth Rich thrown in for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 89August 21, 2019 12:07 PM

[quote] Omar and Tlaib, those "evil, lying, Jew hating witches"

He did get that bit right.

by Anonymousreply 90August 21, 2019 12:10 PM

R87, perhaps you don't live in NYC. Although most Jews vote Democratic, not all do. My Russian Jewish barber and the Russian Jewish owner of the shop he works in sheepishly (since the shop is in Manhattan and not Brighton Beach) have admitted to voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 91August 21, 2019 12:36 PM

“Any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” said Trump. It wasn’t clear what he meant by “disloyalty” — and whether it be to Israel, the United States or their faith.

He meant "disloyal" to DJT

It's all about him.

by Anonymousreply 92August 21, 2019 12:44 PM

If he's pandering to his Jewish base, he already has Roseanne's vote.

by Anonymousreply 93August 21, 2019 12:45 PM

+1 on older Soviet Jews, voting for Trump in the US and for Bibi in Israel, their experiences with communism have made them easy targets for the right, the same, as someone noted above, as Cubans.

But in the US they are a small percentage of the Jewish community.

The Hassids all vote as a block for whomever promises their leaders the best deal, not a huge issue in the US, but a major issue in Israel where smaller parties have the ability to be kingmakers in governments.

The enmity between secular and religious Israelis is almost at the level of enmity between Israelis and Palestinians, to the point where Netanyahu and the secular Likud have explored ways to form governments without the Orthodox, who hold power over things like marriage laws and control of the Western Wall.

by Anonymousreply 94August 21, 2019 1:50 PM

It sounds weird but it's basically a dog whistle, right? Accusing Jews of not being loyal is something that happened a lot in history, countries always saying things like "Jews are loyal to Judaism first and not our country like they're supposed to be." Pretty scary stuff coming from Trump and the GOP lately.

by Anonymousreply 95August 21, 2019 1:57 PM

This probably has something to do with the "Never Again" protesters too. They're starting to get a lot of media attention which makes the Repugnants nervous, they like it when the news ignores protesters.

by Anonymousreply 96August 21, 2019 1:58 PM

It is a dog whistle and will backfire.

by Anonymousreply 97August 21, 2019 2:02 PM

Correct R95

He has previously referred to Netanyahu as "your prime minister" (or something to that effect) when talking to Jewish GOP donors

by Anonymousreply 98August 21, 2019 2:02 PM

[quote]but a major issue in Israel where smaller parties have the ability to be kingmakers in governments.

Rubbish! There are limits that the party horse trading to form a government will not overstep. Which is the main reason why Israelis will return to the polls on 17 September to try again to elect the 22nd Knesset. Because neither Netanyahu nor Gantz could successfully form a government.

[quote]to the point where Netanyahu and the secular Likud have explored ways to form governments without the Orthodox,

There are 40 political parties in Israel. Which "Orthodox" parties are you referring to? Do you realize that there are various streams of Jewish expression in Israel that are represented by political parties? That the term "Orthodox" is erroneous and nonsensical outside the US?

by Anonymousreply 99August 21, 2019 2:14 PM

What is this thing babbling about now? It’s so old.

by Anonymousreply 100August 21, 2019 2:34 PM

I've linked to an article on the "Your prime minister" moment that R98 refers to. He also said:

[quote]if implemented, the Democrats' radical agenda would destroy our economy, cripple our country, and very well could leave Israel out there [bold]all by yourselves[/bold]. (Emphasis added; he was not speaking to Israelis.)

When members of the alt-right do this, it's clearly an attack, because there is this assumption that Jewish people are loyal to their religion and/or Israel first and to their country of residence second, i.e., they cannot be trusted. The same thing was famously said of Catholics in the 1960s as an attack against JFK, that he was loyal to the Pope first and to the U.S. second.

With Trump, I'm honestly not sure. He's pretty dumb and on more than one occasion it has seemed that he regards Israel as an extension of the United States. By that "logic," any attack on Netanyahu is an attack on Israel which is an attack on the United States. And any Jewish voter in the United States who votes for the Democratic Party is saying that they don't support Trump, which is saying that they don't support Netanyahu, which is saying that they don't support Israel, which shows "great disloyalty."

On the other hand, maybe I'm overthinking this and this is just a bigot being a bigot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 21, 2019 3:15 PM

Do you think he is purposely trying to fuck up? I suspect he does not want to get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 102August 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Also, let's point out the hypocrisy/ The tactic used against Muslims is that they are loyal to Islam first not the US and then he turns around and tells American jews they are disloyal for not aligning with "your prime minister?".

by Anonymousreply 103August 21, 2019 3:38 PM

[quote]because there is this assumption that Jewish people are loyal to their religion and/or Israel first and to their country of residence second, i.e., they cannot be trusted.

This is not an "assumption" but eon's old entrenched, institutionalized slander against Jews, fomented by the Catholic Church and happily adopted by Muslims. It is the basis for the anti-Jewish bigotry and hatred expressed in America (and on DL0 and the reason that bigotry and hatred, which would be condemned were another minority targeted, is rationalized and accepted.

by Anonymousreply 104August 21, 2019 3:39 PM

Trump's father and grandfather were KKK. He must have been brought up with lots of love for Jews, yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 105August 21, 2019 3:48 PM

R89, at least Buttigieg served in his country's military and put his life on the line. Where was trumpy when he was asked to serve? Looking for excuses to get out of serving. So much for being a true and loyal American.

by Anonymousreply 106August 21, 2019 3:51 PM

I think that Jared promised him the Jews. He probably told him that if we (the US) do everything Israel wants, the Jews will be there for him during the election. Now he's shocked to hear the polls are showing otherwise. I'm actually cracking up at the thought of Cheeto chastising Jared and asking him "why don't the Jews love me? You promised!"

I am both American and Israeli. I came here as a child, speak Hebrew fluently and am a dual citizen. I despise Bibi and Trump. In fact, due to Trump, I have promised myself that I will never vote for a Republican. Jews (on the average) are too educated and intelligent to fall for this moron's nonsense claims that Republicans are truly our friends. Even if he didn't constantly prop up anti-Semitic white supremacists, the way he treats anyone who isn't white is too reminiscent of 1930s Hitler for my taste. The same goes for every other Jew with whom I associate.

by Anonymousreply 107August 21, 2019 3:55 PM

What faith denomination is solidly behind Trump at this point? Just the Southern Baptist Convention? That's 5.3% of the total population and falling. LDS is stepping away. Catholics are unenthused.

Really, who's he got in his pee soaked mattress of a corner?

by Anonymousreply 108August 21, 2019 4:01 PM

DJ Trump grew up in a predominantly Jewish area and regardless of what young Fred did, older Fred's business associates and the people they socialized with were almost all Jews. They may have mocked them behind their backs, but they're pretty well intertwined.

And Trump himself mostly had Jewish friends and [bold] many people assumed he was Jewish [/bold] back when he was still a Democrat and a reality TV star.

As for Trump's Jewish supporters in the US, it's mostly working class Jews (they do exist) who feel very alienated from the bulk of the community which is largely upper middle class. It's a mirror of how working class Americans of all religions feel that the top 15%-20% looks down on them as, I don't know, a basket of deplorables or something similar.

A quick look at Israeli media shows Netanyahu's people are taking a Three Monkeys approach to this latest outburst, claiming that they don't want to take sides in an internal American political dispute and that they "have friends in both parties, of all religions"

Much as it would have been nice for Netanyahu to call Trump out, given how insane Trump is, the 3 Monkey approach is probably most prudent.

by Anonymousreply 109August 21, 2019 4:02 PM

^^Like every other US ally (Canada, UK, France et al) the Israelis realize that Trump is fucking bonkers and that there is nothing to be gained from antagonizing him, much as it would make them feel better. I'm sure they're looking at the Denmark/Greenland thing and thinking "no one say anything, just pretend the crazy man isn't there."

by Anonymousreply 110August 21, 2019 4:06 PM

"The Israelis" are far more concerned with electing their next government, already well-aware that anti-Jewish bigotry permeates both the Repubs and the Dems. It's the American way.

by Anonymousreply 111August 21, 2019 4:12 PM

I'm Jewish and can't stand either Trump of Bibi. My entire family feels the same, as do my Jewish friends.

by Anonymousreply 112August 21, 2019 4:16 PM

I wish that were true, R110, and maybe it is now, but it was not true in October of last year, when Pew did a poll:

[quote]Israel was tied with the Philippines for the highest overall rating for the current administration at 83%. Among Israeli Jews that figure was still higher at 94%, while only 43% of Arabs agreed.

[quote]Israel is also far ahead of most countries in the belief that Washington takes its interests into account, with 86% saying the administration considers Israeli interests when making decisions. Once again the Philippines (74%) and Kenya (63%) were closest to the Israeli position, while the median for all countries was only 28%.

[quote]While most respondents did not register a major change in their nations’ relationship with the US between this year and last, Israelis once again stood out, with 79% saying ties had improved — likely a result of the US decision in December 2017 to recognize Jerusalem as the Jewish state’s capital and move its embassy there.

[quote]And while, as noted above, 69% of Israelis trust Trump’s handling of international relations, the number is far above the median of all 25 nations, which stands at 27%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 21, 2019 4:18 PM

I only know one Republican Jewish couple, they're pretty secular, and detest Trump. I'm also British, and know no Jews in my family or orbit back home who are keen on Trump. French Jews I'm close to hate him as well, including his "Jewish" family.

by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2019 4:27 PM

Everybody hates this guy except fake sm accounts, bots and foreign trolls.

by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2019 4:33 PM

I am an American Jew. I do not support Trump, the Republicans, Israel, Netanyahu or Zionism. I am not an anti-Semite or a self-hater. The allegation that a Jew who does not support Israel's racist policies or the establishment of a theocratic state is antisemitic was the creation of an advertising agency in the 1960's. Organizations such as the Anti-Defamation League used the "be a Zionist or be a self-hater" slogan because it served their purposes. Actually, prior to this change of message, Zionism was not universally supported among Jews, who were skeptical of theocratic nationalism and wanted to keep religion separate from politics. They were well aware of the dire results of mixing religion and politics. That Trump is telling me what kind of Jew I should be is another example of his profound ignorance. Zionists who welcome the support of right wing evangelicals should be wary. If they think they can separate "the convert or die" message of the Rapture and use these evangelicals for their own purposes, they are deluding themselves.

by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2019 4:46 PM

Many, many years ago, I was told by a classmate, whose grandfather was a very well known and prominent Jewish attorney, who was very well connected, that Trump’s father shared lots in common with Trump’s former, now deceased mentor and BFF, Roy Cohn, including their preference for certain “romantic” partners, and other things, like the reason they both passed away.

I only bring this up, not to speak I’ll of the deceased, but to point out that if this is true, it goes further in illustrating Trump’s hypocrisy in courting evangelicals and White Nationalists, who are not necessarily too accepting of homosexuals, even if they’re German-American Klansmen.

For sure all known on Cohn is true, and the person who solidified DJT’s relationship with Cohn, was Cohn’s trusted friend and confidante, Freddie Trump.

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2019 4:47 PM

L'Chaim

He is wonderful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2019 4:50 PM

Trump: 'I am the chosen one'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2019 4:54 PM

[quote]As for Trump's Jewish supporters in the US, it's mostly working class Jews (they do exist) who feel very alienated from the bulk of the community

I think it’s the Orthodox who support Trump because, like all fundamentalists, they are authoritarians and think in terms of us vs. them.

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2019 5:03 PM

Get ready for several days of pundits on TV parsing whether or not this statement is anti-Semitic.

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2019 5:10 PM

"Although most Jews vote Democratic, not all do."

Yeah, not all, just 80% or so. Fuck off, freepers.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote] I am not an anti-Semite or a self-hater.

You're far worse R116. You're a monster who enables Jew hatred. Too bad you are ignorant of Jewish history. You'd know that people like you were butchered in the ovens of Auschwitz and the gas chambers of Treblinka same as those Jews you villfy. Self-loathing Jews were the most pathetic, screaming that they were not like "those Jew scum" they were marching naked with to their extermination.

by Anonymousreply 123August 21, 2019 5:22 PM

R8, not they do not!

by Anonymousreply 124August 21, 2019 5:26 PM

What’s r123’s deal?

by Anonymousreply 125August 21, 2019 5:27 PM

MARY!!!

I wonder if R123 is really so deluded as to think that a ridiculous rant like that, wholly disconnected from reality and a complete [italic]non sequitur[/italic] to the rather benign post that R116 wrote, is effective?

by Anonymousreply 126August 21, 2019 5:28 PM

R116 reflects the thinking of most American non orthodox Jews who believe Bibi is turning Israel into a rogue apartheid state. I agree with them. Claiming that if you do not support the reactionary policies of Netanyahu you are anti-Semitic is ridiculous and false. Many American and international Jews as well as Israeli Jews believe in a 2-state solution and can't wait to get rid of Bibi. Has nothing to do with anti-Sem-tism.

by Anonymousreply 127August 21, 2019 5:34 PM

Hypocritical bigots like R126 love self-loathers like R122 because they confirm all of their anti-Jewish prejudices and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2019 5:38 PM

I love how you just randomly make up total bullshit. Is that because you really do not have anything intelligent to say? Or are you just a garden-variety sociopathic troll?

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2019 5:40 PM

Trump needs to prove to me that he's no fool and walk across my swmiming pool.

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2019 5:42 PM

R129 is upset because someone calls him exactly what he is. Excellent!!

by Anonymousreply 131August 21, 2019 5:44 PM

My husband's family, with the exception of his mother, are Jewish Trump supporters. They are conservative & hate black people. I used to have to listen to the old people bitch about how they gave black people jobs in their businesses (which were in black neighborhoods) and the black people robbed them or rioted and broke their store windows. A whole bunch of them on his his father's side and his mother's side became orthodox and moved to Far Rockaway or New Jersey.

My mother's family are Catholic racist Trump supporters and they're distributed up and down the East Coast.

No group or religion is immune to racism, bigotry, sexism.

Trumpism is everywhere. Dumbassery has no limits. "Whatever the situation, whatever the race or creed......it knows no segregation, no class or pedigree....it knows no sect or organisation, it knows no one religion or political belief"

by Anonymousreply 132August 21, 2019 6:05 PM

Statement from @michaelglassner , Trump Campaign Chief Operating Officer:

He's a Jew....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 21, 2019 6:28 PM

I and Velma think he stinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 21, 2019 6:46 PM

Trump dismisses criticism of his dual loyalty comments: 'It's only anti-Semitic in your head'

tTrump Wednesday expanded on his views about how Jews who vote for Democrats are “disloyal” and dismissed any criticism of his comments.

When asked by a reporter on the White House lawn Wednesday afternoon if his comments were anti-Semitic, Trump dismissed the criticism.

“No, no, no. It’s only in your head. It’s only anti-Semitic in your head,” said Trump, pointing to the reporter.

“Any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” Trump said on Tuesday. In response to a question Wednesday, he clarified that the “disloyalty” he meant was to Israel and fellow Jews.

“If you vote for a Democrat, you’re very, very disloyal to Israel and to the Jewish people,” he said.

"He made it clear he thinks Jews have a dual loyalty to Israel,” wrote Jonathan Greenblatt, president of the Anti-Defamation League, on Twitter after Trump’s comments Wednesday. “This anti-Semitic trope has been used to persecute Jews for centuries & it’s unacceptable to promote it. He should apologize immediately.”

“I have been very clear. And I think it’s imperative that we all be clear that anti-Semitism should be condemned wherever it comes from,” Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., said on CNN Tuesday evening. “The charge that somehow you are being disloyal to their government, that they’re not really good Jews. I had a meeting with a group of veterans just yesterday, and many of them are Jews, and many of them voted for me. The fact is that just like my father, who served our country, just like these brave veterans that I was with yesterday, when they vote for Democrats because that’s who they believe in, that’s what they want, that’s how they choose to exercise their right to vote, that’s what they do. And the president calls them out and suggests they’re disloyal Americans? How dare he?”

The president has often spoken of and to American Jews as if they were also citizens of Israel. Addressing the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas earlier this year, he referred to Benjamin Netanyahu as “your prime minister,” earning a rebuke from the Anti-Defamation League. He called Israel “your country” at a White House Hanukkah celebration. His anti-immigrant rhetoric was blamed by some Jews for inspiring a terror attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue in which 11 people died last year.

Under Israel’s “law of return,” Jews from anywhere in the world have the right to immigrate and become Israeli citizens, but unless they do they are considered citizens of their own countries.

In his Wednesday remarks, Trump continued his attacks on freshman Democratic Reps. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts. Over the past few months, Trump has attempted to paint the Democratic Party as anti-Semitic by picking fights with the four progressive congresswomen. Tlaib and Omar are Muslim and vocal champions of the Palestinians. Omar was criticized earlier this year for dual loyalty comments.

“If you look at what Tlaib, Omar, Cortez, if you look at these people: AOC plus four, or plus three, if you look at what they say, they are so bad for Israel,” said Trump on Wednesday. “They are so bad for Jewish people.”

Both Tlaib and Omar were denied entry to the West Bank by the Netanyahu government earlier this month, at Trump’s insistence. Tlaib was eventually granted a humanitarian waiver to visit family, but she declined, saying the conditions Israel attached were unacceptable. Tlaib and Omar have suggested that the U.S. reduce its aid to Israel since the country was unwilling to let two elected representatives visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 21, 2019 9:01 PM

Although Trump has many prominent Jewish supporters and won in 2016 in some heavily Orthodox neighborhoods of New York City, the majority of American Jews have supported Democrats for generations and continue to do so. According to a Pew Research study, 79 percent of Jewish voters went for Democrats in the 2018 midterms. Pew said this number has varied over the years, from 87 percent in 2006 to 66 percent in 2014. In presidential races, the Jewish vote since 2000 has ranged from 69 percent to 79 percent for Democrats, with Hillary Clinton getting 71 percent against Trump in the 2016 race.

The Republican Jewish Coalition defended Trump Wednesday after his latest comments.

“We take the President seriously, not literally,” wrote the organization on Twitter. “President Trump is pointing out the obvious: for those who care about Israel, the position of many elected Democrats has become anti-Israel. When Tlaib and Omar talk loyalty, they’re questioning American Jews’ loyalty to the United States. President Trump is talking about caring about the survival of the Jewish state.”

Of the 36 Jewish senators and representatives in Congress, all but two are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 136August 21, 2019 9:01 PM

So given that he's mostly succeeded in angering secular (e.g., non-Orthodox, e.g., the vast majority) of American Jews, is this shit playing well with Evangelicals who think that Jews all have to go back to Israel before Jesus will come back to earth again?

Or is it more Trump yelling at AOC + Squad to get off his lawn?

by Anonymousreply 137August 21, 2019 9:32 PM

Oh OK well news flash for the fat orange bitch! I'm a half Jew, my dad's whole side of the family is Jewish and we all literally fucking despise him. I fantasize about what it'd be like to stab him right in the neck and just laugh as he bleeds to death. God I HATE him!!!

by Anonymousreply 138August 21, 2019 9:55 PM

He’s telling American Jews that they’re not really Americans. They’re Jews, who will eventually go back to Israel, even if they’ve never set foot there, or have any desire to.

by Anonymousreply 139August 21, 2019 10:40 PM

And btw, I am giving my assessment of what I believe he means. I in no way whatsoever uphold that line of thinking.

This line of thinking is one of the reasons why I left “Christianity” and never looked back. Evangelicals don’t understand how narcissistic and anti Semitic it is, to want all Jews to “go back to Israel”, just so that one of their prophesies which involve great human suffering, wars, destruction, and mass genocide of non Jews and non believers, can finally come true.

It’s deranged, and it’s sick. But hey, they’re allies to the Jews, so it’s all good.

by Anonymousreply 140August 21, 2019 10:49 PM

Exactly r139. He previously referred to Netanyahu as “your Prime Minister” when speaking to an audience of Jewish US citizens.

The heart of the present controversy is that we’re supposed to subordinate our domestic political beliefs and the US Constitution to an obsessive defense of Israel against any criticism.

He is a fool, but scratch the surface and there’s some real darkness.

by Anonymousreply 141August 21, 2019 11:05 PM

R120. He’s more popular with the Chasidim and the Lubovitchers, some of whom reject secular Israel and believe only in Cheretz Israel.

by Anonymousreply 142August 21, 2019 11:50 PM

He's old testament evil.

by Anonymousreply 143August 21, 2019 11:56 PM

Lubovitchers ARE Chasidim, R142 (Haredim in Israeli Hebrew)

Those groups vote as blocks, but he is actually more popular with the Modern Orthodox (the Kushners are Modern Orthodox) who tend to be very conservative politically, really only do focus on Israel as their main issue, and are where many of the West Bank settlers come from--ask secular Tel Avivis about them and they'll tell you the settlers are a bunch of Americans from Brooklyn who think they're playing cowboys and Indians in the West Bank.

by Anonymousreply 144August 21, 2019 11:58 PM

^^Americans from Brooklyn who still hold US passports, so if shit gets nasty, they can always go back home.

by Anonymousreply 145August 21, 2019 11:59 PM

Trump always gives his game away.

by Anonymousreply 146August 22, 2019 12:18 AM

Schneerson and his Lubavitchers, though, in the US pushed the idea that *he* was the messiah. That’s pretty decidedly not mainstream Jewish thinking.

Same would be true of Neturei Karta or Satma Haridim, both anti-Israeli/anti-Zionist sects of Judaism. That we can see someone who appears to be Orthodox and they can be of an Orthodox tradition does not mean they support Israel.

by Anonymousreply 147August 22, 2019 12:35 AM

R147-- check out the write-up of Mea Shearim from Wikipedia. Clearly some pissed off secular anglophone Yerushalmis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 22, 2019 1:02 AM

He doesn't care about most Jews because he knows they won't vote for him except the most conservative groups who make up a small subset.

by Anonymousreply 149August 22, 2019 10:39 AM

R133 During Nazi Germany in the 1930s there were actually Jews who supported Hitler too.

by Anonymousreply 150August 22, 2019 10:44 AM

[quote]ask secular Tel Avivis about them and they'll tell you the settlers are a bunch of Americans from Brooklyn who think they're playing cowboys and Indians in the West Bank.

85% of Israelis living in Yehuda and Shomron were born in Israel. Your woeful ignorance is indicative of this entire thread.

by Anonymousreply 151August 22, 2019 10:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 22, 2019 1:04 PM

The advertisement right below R152, for me, is a woman with her hand over her mouth in shock, with wide eyes. Appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 153August 22, 2019 1:35 PM

R151 where are their parents or grandparents from? Brooklyn

by Anonymousreply 154August 22, 2019 1:48 PM

R154 Sorry Adolph. Nazi racial classifications don't work in this case.

by Anonymousreply 155August 22, 2019 1:58 PM

"Trump always gives his game away"

Maybe that is part of "the game"? Some say everything he does is calculated- even the gaffs.

by Anonymousreply 156August 22, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote] Some say everything he does is calculated- even the gaffs

Oh, dear.

Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 157August 22, 2019 2:19 PM

PEW: Jewish voters

2014: 66% DEM, 33% REP

2016: 72% DEM, 24% REP

2018: 79% DEM, 17% REP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 22, 2019 8:30 PM

R87, there are many Jews in the Deep South who are conservative and voted for Trump. Unfortunately.

The wealthier ones are also members of AIPAC, so I would be very interested to learn whether they agree with AIPAC's letter to Netanyahu criticizing his visa denial to Omar and Tlaib.

by Anonymousreply 159August 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Hey Don, Jesus was a Socialist.... and a Jew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 22, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote] R71: [R66] The SOLE "false equivalency" is your hypocritical belief that your bigotry and hatred is somehow different to everyone else's

Typically, the Right hates people for who they are. Black, Latino, Immigrant, poor, Muslim, and so forth.

The Left, if they hate at all, does so for how people act.

Those are very different. There is no equivalency there.

by Anonymousreply 161August 23, 2019 12:21 AM

Has Trump forgotten who and what Jared Kushner is ?

And that his daughter dumped Daddy Dearest for "that Kushner boy" ?

by Anonymousreply 162August 23, 2019 12:42 AM

R87, there are not many Jews who live in the Deep South. In fact, Jews make up less than 1% of the population in most of the Deep South states. We don't normally gravitate to shit holes like that.

by Anonymousreply 163August 23, 2019 12:46 AM

Sorry, meant R159.

by Anonymousreply 164August 23, 2019 12:47 AM

R162, neither Kushner nor Ivanka vote Democratic...........maybe.

by Anonymousreply 165August 23, 2019 12:51 AM

R163 Except for South Florida.

by Anonymousreply 166August 23, 2019 1:27 AM

Two theories have emerged:

1. Trump is clever and is playing to his Evangelical base whose whole worldview is based on Jews returning to Israel so Jesus will come again.

2. Trump, whose core friend group has always been almost exclusively Jewish is butt hurt that Jewish voters in general remain unimpressed with him, despite his strong support for Netanyahu and actions like moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. He is also likely repeating what Jared and Ivanka tells him when he asks why so few Jews seem to support him when he's so good to them and Omar is a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 167August 23, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote] is actually more popular with the Modern Orthodox (the Kushners are Modern Orthodox) who tend to be very conservative

My husband's relatives are like that. Charles Kushner got in trouble with the law over campaign contributions to democratic politicians but only because democrats were in charge of NY and NJ, where Kishner did the majority of his building. Jared Kushner for as supposedly a democrat too, but it was for show only. He's just a craven bastard like Trump is, a republican at heart. Trump only cares about Israel because it gets him votes and the monetary support of Jewish donors.

I'm starting to hear all these republicans talking about running someone else but Trump for president. All of a sudden Republicnas are "concerned" about Trump's antics. Now they even talk of the 25th amendment

Oh no they fucking DONT. They don't get to coddle a madman for 3 years while he signs insane executive orders dismantlng the US government, pulling us out if treaties, giving the environment over to energy companies to destroy and putting Gard right conservative federal judges on the bench until they decide he can't get reelected ...then dump him and run someone less insane for president. NUH UH.

This is a plot to get Trump to resign rather than be impeached so they can put Pence in office ahead of 2020. Then they either run Pence or Pence says he doesn't want yo run in 2020 and Republicans get to run someone more electable. Fuck that.

Now I know why Pelosi has been reluctant to impeach Trump. She knows their game. She knows it will give the GOP a chance to get rid of Trump in 2020.

We need to make sure that doesn't happen so we can vote out Trump and the whole GOP in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 168August 23, 2019 2:27 AM

Who are these "concerned Republicans" of whom you speak, R168, the ones who want to get rid of Trump?

Your husband's GOP relatives, or actual politicians?

by Anonymousreply 169August 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Trump always distracts the audience from something else that is going on. That and his divisive rhetoric are his only real weapons.

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2019 11:55 AM

Trump is an entitled Aryan Princess.

by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote]American Jews overwhelmingly are Democrats and do not support Netanyahu. He's trying to sway the more extreme Jews.

Yes. What most American Jews oppose is right-wing ideology. Most American Jews are socially and politically liberal and it will take more than Trump & the GOP making random references to Israel and anti-semitism to persuade Jews to abandon decades of voting for the Democrats.

Jews tend to be more liberal than Christians, with support for gay marriage being much higher among Jews than it is among Christians. (see the Pew poll on gay marriage).

by Anonymousreply 172August 25, 2019 10:23 AM

#NEW

@Ami_Magazine

Poll, Among Orthodox Jews: Trump 83% (+70) Biden 13%

by Anonymousreply 173October 14, 2020 3:31 PM

Orthodox jews are such a minuscule segment - and they have ALWAYS vote republican. Nothing new there.

by Anonymousreply 174October 14, 2020 3:38 PM

This is Trump's equivalent to Biden's "You aint black"

by Anonymousreply 175October 14, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote] Trump only cares about Israel because it gets him votes and the monetary support of Jewish donors.

No it’s to get the Evangelicals who are grater in number and richer. Jews make up less than 3% of the US population.

by Anonymousreply 176October 14, 2020 4:59 PM

*greater.

by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2020 4:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!