Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mayor Pete Rejected Fashion Advice From Tom Ford

The shade!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2019 3:18 AM

America’s just not ready for a boa & assless chaps.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 7:42 PM

Tom Ford make some great clothing. I think it was a mistake that he didn’t take some of the advice. I would imagine he could probably get some clothes donated as well.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 7:44 PM

OP is worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 7:44 PM

To be fair, no one wants to hear about fake tans, toupees, and overly groomed scruff these days.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 7:44 PM

Of course Pete didn't want to be dressed more expensively and elitist looking.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 7:45 PM

I love Tom Ford. I love his clothes, but right now, it would send the wrong message if Pete wore designer suits. He's still paying off student loans and has a net worth of $100,000. Maybe he'll wear a Tom Ford at his Presidential inauguration, but after that, I like Pete's rolled up sleeves look.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 7:46 PM

Pete wearing Tom Ford for the campaign would be ridiculous. He looks fine. The move to jeans and white oxford for casual speakings is great as well.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 7:51 PM

He does kind of look like Alfred E. Neuman in that pic...

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 7:52 PM

Pete looks just fine as is!

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 7:55 PM

He needs to take fashion advice from someone besides Jim Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 8:00 PM

he is sooooo hideous

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 8:01 PM

Tom offered advice and he respects Pete's decision.

No shade at all, OP you divisive fuck, just grown men differing in opinion.

And Tom states that in the last paragraph.

So NO VPL pix for YOU OP!

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 8:03 PM

I suspect that outside of a select few DLers, the vast majority of men, gay or straight, would rather look like Pete than like Tom Ford.

To refresh your memories, Ford is 58, still hangs out at bars on the regular (no idea who is home with his kid) and is so fucking vain that he actually has strict demands as to the lighting in said bars, because you know, someone might not actually like him if they see he has an age-appropriate wrinkle or two.

Please shoot me if I ever get like that.

And on a side note--the story is BS, I'm sure it was sent over by Ford's publicist as a way of getting him name out there again and making it seem like he's politically active, drafting on Pete's fame.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 8:06 PM

He could at least get rid of the pocketed dress shirts with buttoned down collars. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Tom Ford is cross eyed and bald.

He, like Ralf Lauren, Perry Ellis (whose quite dead), Giorgio Armani and many others don't design anything.

All of the money is in fragrances and all the above mentioned are just brands now with many, many licensing deals.

Don't listen Pete. Your fine as you are and I wish you luck.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 8:14 PM

Pete will never be an empty suit, no matter ‘who’ he’s wearing.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 8:14 PM

"HE SHOULD WEAR AN ASCOT WITH A MATCHING HANDKERCHIEF LIKE ANY MAN OF STYLE"

"YASSSSSS. AND DITCH THE BLUE AND GREY SUITS, GO FOR SOMETHING MORE COLORFUL LIKE MAUVE OR PUCE"

"OR AT LEAST DITCH THE BLUE AND RED TIES. HE NEEDS A POP OF COLOR"

"YES! HE SHOULD TRY SOME INTERESTING SOCK AND TIE COMBOS. SHORTEN UP THE PANTS TOO--FAR MORE STYLISH!"

"THAT HAIRCUT IS TRAGIC TOO. THINK WHAT A GOOD UNDERCUT WOULD DO FOR HIM"

"AND LIGHTEN THE COLOR TOO. THAT DARK HAIR WITH HIS PALE SKIN DOES HIM NO FAVORS."

"I AGREE. I CAN SEE HIM AS A DARK REDHEAD"

"YES!!! ALMOST AN AUBURN. WITH A PALE BLUE SEERSUCKER SUIT"

"AND A LITTLE BLUSH AND LIP GLOSS TOO."

"AND HE'D HAVE TO FIX THOSE EYEBROWS"

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 8:16 PM

Pete, or at least Chastity should consider a wonderful, bold printed caftan for the inauguration

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote]Of course Pete didn't want to be dressed more expensively and elitist looking.

Exactly. If he gets elected he can get a makeover, a la AOC, but now would be poor timing

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 8:19 PM

I cannot wait until the Democratic primary in my state and to cast my vote for the first openly gay man to run for POTUS. Could never imagine that happening in my lifetime.

As for the makeover, I agree with YML (R13). The story is pure PR bullshit!

Still, I would consider a different haircut, if I were Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 8:19 PM

lmao, "if he gets elected"

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 8:19 PM

delusional

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 8:20 PM

Tom Ford is a shallow fool. That Mayor Pete said no thanks makes me like him all the more.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 8:21 PM

I think it's called High School Debate Team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 8:32 PM

I thought it was good of Tom F. to offer advice - ie, wearing better fitted suits. He wasn’t telling Mayor Pete to go buy his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 8:36 PM

(I posted this in another thread earlier this summer and will try to find the YouTube interview with Tom Ford.)

I watched an interview with designer Tom Ford, who's a big fan of Pete's. Tom said he was considering sending Pete a new wardrobe of suits, shirts, ties, shoes, accessories as well as volunteer to do a free make-over. Then it dawned on him that a big part of Pete's appeal is his normalcy and relatability, which resonates with so many Americans. So, Tom decided to leave well enough alone.

Wardrobe can be adapted in minutes, but you can't give someone character, empathy, authenticity, intelligence, charisma, all of which Pete clearly has. Pete and Chasten are just fine as they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 8:38 PM

It's much better for Pete to wear average, everyday clothes that other people can identify with. Waltzing around in designer clothes won't do the trick.

Pete knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 8:42 PM

Pete knows that his signature Robert Hall's look makes him appear less of an elitist.

In order to garner the anti-intellectual vote, one must dress like a schlub.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 8:46 PM

Tom Ford fashion clothes for men.

Somehow I can't see Mayor Pete in this lurid getup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 8:47 PM

Another Tom Ford creation. Nice but too pricey and preppy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 8:50 PM

Fragrances and glasses R15.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 8:56 PM

Um, most U.S. Americans don't wear ties and sports coats. If you ask me, his look is still erudite- and the hoi polloi won't relate (they already think the gays look down on them for being boring and dowdy).

He could use a few polo shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 9:23 PM

Pete should reconsider...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 9:26 PM

It's so weird that Tom Ford knew his kinds of clothes would be both unaffordable and all wrong for Buttigieg... and yet he gave him the advice anyway.

His ego is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 9:27 PM

R12, unclench your anus, bitch. Jesus fucking Christ on a popsicle stick, Mary. How can you bear sunlight, you whiny little snowflake?

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2019 9:32 PM

Sounds like he thinks Mayor Pete should look more stereotypically queer.

I think he looks great just as he is. He dresses like a normal business man (who happens to be majorly adorable).

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2019 9:35 PM

He looks like he belongs on the math team or the debate team.

NERD ALERT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2019 9:37 PM

OP, you are worthless.

You need therapy.

r12

PS cunt

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2019 9:38 PM

r12's hissy fit is pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2019 10:01 PM

R12, you need a zoologist to examine your unique species of derangement.

R12's psychotically obsessive comments in the now-infamous "dinner party" recent thread, linked for our convenience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2019 10:08 PM

Mayor Pete has the perfect combination of masculine sexiness and boyish innocence. And that's what makes him so appealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2019 10:11 PM

Thank you r40, I enjoy reading my posts again.

Dinner Party was fun.

I'm getting a paper plate vibe from you.

And Pete used good judgement in ignoring Ford's advice.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2019 10:14 PM

And, R42, I get a "raging queen who has to take over the room at any event while wearing a hideous fuchsia shirt that's too tight, because his bipolar swings refuse to allow him to calm the fuck down and shut the hell up ever" vibe from you.

Your drag name is Fuck Sia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2019 10:19 PM

I like Pete's ordinary guy look.

And you get "raging queen" from my most moderate posts?

Methinks you protest too much.

Definitely paper plates.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2019 10:23 PM

I think that Pete should appear naked at all of his appearances.

Just to shut everyone up.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2019 10:25 PM

R44, continuing to make the thread/room about yourself. Your narcissism is unworthy.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2019 10:26 PM

The dirty little secret is that Pete wears lacy panties under his baggy pants.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2019 10:43 PM

So he has something in common with Eisenhower?

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2019 10:47 PM

Is that you, Chasten @ R47?

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2019 10:49 PM

I envision Pete wearing nice snug boxer briefs.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2019 11:21 PM

Tom Ford is an amazing designer.... if you live in New York or San Francisco. And have the budget of a king.

Practical Pete made the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2019 11:27 PM

Tom Ford makes cheaply built footwear and charges a fortune for them.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2019 11:30 PM

So Justin Trudeau takes Ford's advice.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2019 11:52 PM

Justin Trudeau is from a wealthy family, and he is not directly elected by the whole nation like a president is: he's Prime Minister. He only has to be elected directly by his constituency in Montreal.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2019 12:03 AM

Such a dweeb and a cutie R33. Another reason I can relate to him.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2019 1:57 AM

Yup, R50. Some local South Bend radio show host asked him and that was his answer. Except he just said boxer briefs.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2019 1:58 AM

Justin is all ooh la la French so I would expect him to dress well.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2019 11:19 AM

With his booming voice I'm betting Mayor Pete has a sizeable member. He probably needs the support boxer briefs provide so any floppage wouldn't offend the populace. He seems like he would be considerate that way. His floppage is for Chasten alone.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2019 12:27 PM

[quote] I'm sure it was sent over by Ford's publicist

More likely Pete's publicist. Shows he's not elitist.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2019 12:34 PM

R59, they did it together. Part of the gay agenda.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2019 12:38 PM

No, R58. His boxer briefs are not about floppage.

The man is just hell bent on boring us all to death. So he wears cotton boxer briefs. Froot of the Looms, no doubt. Bought from Walmart. Made by forced child labor in Sri Lanka.

Buttigieg has the least interesting crotch on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2019 1:04 PM

He has, ironically, a.nice butt.

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2019 1:21 PM

I'm betting Pete is a very passionate lover, all top. He looks like he probably has a streak of wild beast in him under the duvet.

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2019 1:40 PM

Playing it safe with his wardrobe is a good strategy for him, trendy clothing doesn’t send the message that someone is stable and can be trusted. He’s also showing he’s careful with his money, and affordable trendy clothing is GHETTO. It’s what interns wear in offices.

Maybe he just wants to be comfortable as well, ultra slim dress shirts are uncomfortable and sweat inducing. Why do you think Tom Ford has his shirts almost completely unbuttoned?

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2019 1:47 PM

[quote] Why do you think Tom Ford has his shirts almost completely unbuttoned?

Because he's actually a typical show off cooze.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2019 1:50 PM

What the hell?! The DL-caftan-Mary-brigade have fetishized this guy beyond all reason!

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Oh do be quiet.

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2019 1:55 PM

[quote]He could at least get rid of the pocketed dress shirts with buttoned down collars. Yuck.

Where would I put my phone if my shirts didn't have pockets? And no button-downs? No. Just NO.

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Pete in business casual attire is hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Maybe Tom can teach Pete how to "smolder." It's the only look Tom has.

by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2019 2:19 PM

[quote]Buttigieg has the least interesting crotch on the planet.

Why thank you r61. Thank you so much.

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2019 2:29 PM

Tom just seems like a very unhappy person , probably lots of insecurity issues.

by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote] He has, ironically, a.nice butt.

It's not that surprising, given that he was in the military.

Honestly, though, you all who drool over him would not given him the time of day if he were not running for president. He's a very plain guy--no one would make a fuss over him at all if he were in a gay bar and you didn't know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 73August 21, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote] He’s also showing he’s careful with his money, and affordable trendy clothing is GHETTO. It’s what interns wear in offices.

???

Certainly not in South Bend. No one at all dresses in affordable trendy clothing in South Bend.

This is what keeps baffling me about Ford's original comments, and about this thread. He would look incredibly out of place--and pretentious-- in Indiana if he wore dark tailored designer suits.

by Anonymousreply 74August 21, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote] Honestly, though, you all who drool over him would not given him the time of day if he were not running for president.

Not true at all. He's just my type. Good looking boy next door type with a beautiful deep voice and a kind manner.

by Anonymousreply 75August 21, 2019 6:58 PM

[quote] With his booming voice I'm betting Mayor Pete has a sizeable member.

Highly doubtful. He looks like a Princess Tinymeat.

I'm guessing that Chasten really is the top.

[quote] probably lots of insecurity issues

Why do you think that Pete is running for President?

It's all about the ego.

by Anonymousreply 76August 21, 2019 8:01 PM

So much internalized homophobia in R76.

by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2019 12:34 AM

Tom Ford is a great designer but like most fashion people, sort of stupid and shallow. Did it never occur to him that Mayor Pete should never be seen in $12000 suits if he’s trying to get red state voters to support him?

by Anonymousreply 78August 22, 2019 1:32 AM

Ford is an effete snob with no sense of rural reality. He's like many a wannabe 'style icon' here on DL who think more about looks and exteriors and brand names than integrity.

by Anonymousreply 79August 22, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]Honestly, though, you all who drool over him would not given him the time of day if he were not running for president.

The average, everyday gay man looks more like Pete than those Insta thirst traps who are always being paraded around as the new gay standard of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2019 3:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!