Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Susan Sarandon Is BACK Campaigning For Bernie Sanders

Saying "If people only chose Bernie, we wouldn't be stuck with Donald Trump"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 3:18 PM

"If people only chose Humphrey, we wouldn't be stuck with Richard Nixon."

"If people only chose Gore, we wouldn't be stuck with Bush."

"If people only chose Hillary, we wouldn't be stuck with Donald Trump."

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 3:00 AM

r1, she means if Bernie had been allowed to get the nomination, he would have won in the general.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 3:05 AM

Me thinks if "People only chose Bernie we'd be stuck with Trump"

Bernie Sanders is UNELECTABLE.

Hate 'em or love 'em Joe Biden & Elizabeth Warren to have electoral appeal - that doesn't mean they will beat Trump but it also doesn't mean they would loose to him either.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 1:01 PM

Bernie folk are a very special kind of... devoted.

My local NPR station (WNYC) had a segment (I forgot what the actual question was) about Bernie, the other day. The Bernie supporters who called in were articulate and intelligent, but they were ardent in a disturbing (to me) way. They were like religious converts. He’s their Messiah.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 1:27 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 1:33 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 1:33 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 1:33 PM

Fuck that dried up cunt. If I ever had the occasion to meet her I would spit in her face.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 1:34 PM

Well that wasn’t deliberate but I like it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 1:35 PM

But people didn't choose Bernie, and it's not because of any weird conspiracy theory or nasty Clinton doin's, it's because Bernie doesn't have enough popular appeal and people don't trust him. He's got supporters, but not enough of them to get him elected.

I don't know why his supporters can't accept that, but many can't. Apparently quite a few can accept it, though, because people who used to support Bernie are supporting others during this primary race now.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 1:39 PM

The only way Bernie would win the presidency is if the election were rigged - like Trump.

Diehard Bernie supporters are the same as diehard Trump supporters - fewer than necessary and stubborn to the point of being their own worst enemy.

If/When Bernie doesn’t get the nomination this HAS to be drilled into their brains.

They MUST NOT SIT OUT THE ELECTION or Trump will be re-elected.

This would ABSOLUTELY be NOT in their best interest.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 3:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!