Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lord Mountbatten WAS GAY!

So who was that?

by Anonymousreply 68September 2, 2019 3:56 AM

Idiot, factless assertion.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 11:27 PM

Why were the young boys sleeping on the boat?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 11:40 PM

He was Prince Philip's mentor.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 12:39 AM

He ended up going all to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 12:46 AM

Lord Mountbatten was a homosexual with a perversion for young boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 1:05 AM

A British noble a homosexual?

Color me shocked!

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 1:06 AM

I thought this was known.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Ghjkkj

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 1:28 AM

[quote]But recently uncovered FBI files and new interviews paint the 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma as a sexually voracious man whose bisexuality became a theme of US intelligence files. The documents came to light during research for a biography of Lord Mountbatten and his wife a by Andrew Lownie, a fellow of the Royal Historical Society and president of the Biographers’ Club.

[quote]Since the assassination of Mountbatten in an IRA bomb attack 40 years ago, rumours have swirled about his sexuality, fuelled by his comment: “ a and I spent all our married lives getting into other people’s beds.”

[quote]The FBI files cover more than three decades. The first is dated February 1944, soon after Mountbatten became supreme allied commander of southeast Asia. Elizabeth de la Poer Beresford, Baroness Decies, when interviewed about another matter, had mentioned being an intimate of Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary and their ladies-in-waiting.

[quote]“She states that in these circles Lord Louis Mountbatten and his wife are considered persons of extremely low morals. She stated that Lord Louis Mountbatten was known to be a homosexual with a perversion for young boys. In Lady Decies’ opinion he is an unfit man to direct any sort of military operations because of this condition. She stated further that his wife Lady Mountbatten was considered equally erratic.”

[quote]In April 1957 the FBI produced a memo on allegations of an affair between Paul Robeson, the singer, and a, who had several liaisons with black men. She had an on-off relationship with Leslie “Hutch” Hutchinson and is said to have given the West Indian singer and pianist a gold bracelet bearing her name and a jewelled penis sheath from Cartier.

His wife also supposedly had an affair with Nehru as well. Sorry, the whole article is behind a paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 1:30 AM

And the walls come tumbling down. Now we have Archie Mountbatten Windsor. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 1:49 AM

It WAS known. The gay history blog Gay Influence has a post about Lord Mountbatten from 2011:

Lord Louis was known as “Dickie” to family and close friends, which was unusual, considering that Richard was not among his given names. Oh, I nearly forgot. "Dickie" was widely known in the military as "Mountbottom." I'm not making this up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 2:19 AM

If anyone here has a jeweled penis sheath, please post a picture!

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 2:37 AM

Noel Coward was in love with him, and wrote In Which We Serve as a tribute to him.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 2:40 AM

Killed by an IRA bomb. Guess they don't care for pedophiles either.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 2:42 AM

He was called Dickie because his name was Nicholas, but the Russian royals already had a claim on the “Nicky” nickname, so he went with Dickie instead.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 2:59 AM

He apparently had an affair with Edward VIII when they toured the world in 1920.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 3:07 AM

I want to see extended rosy family peen

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Now I'm much more interested in this woman he "used to flirt with", the Duchess of Argyll. She was a little ahead of her time. I'll remember the first time I ever read the word "bepearled", and that it was followed by "Duchess fellating".

[quote]The evidence discovered resulted in the 1963 divorce case, in which the Duke of Argyll accused his wife of infidelity and included a set of Polaroid photographs of the Duchess nude, save for her signature three-strand pearl necklace, in the company of another man. There were also photographs of the bepearled Duchess fellating a naked man whose face was not shown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 3:09 AM

R18, Her story was turned into the chamber opera 'Powder her Face'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 3:22 AM

"Killed by an IRA bomb. Guess they don't care for pedophiles either."

The IRA doesn't go in for booze and dope! And pedophiles!

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 3:23 AM

I can understand someone being gay and royal. They may have to enter into a heterosexual marriage to preserve their status and prevent being ostracized. However, being a pedo and using your money and status to hide your peversions is disgusting! And the royals seem to have a lot of pedo's around them!

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 3:27 AM

r21, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 3:28 AM

Oldest news ever

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 3:30 AM

How many boys did he mount?

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 4:41 PM

So he was gay because his nickname was "Dickie?"

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 4:44 PM

Here's another with he and Edward cozied up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 5:13 PM

^Quite nice tits.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Have you ever seen a grown man naked, Charlie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote] a jewelled penis sheath from Cartier.

You’re slipping, boys. A what?

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 5:33 PM

He was pretty hot in his younger years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 6:27 PM

I tried googling "jeweled penis sheath" and nothing came up. Nothing on the Cartier website either.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 7:03 PM

He was quite the ride I can tell you!

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 7:12 PM

I’ll thumb through my Sotheby’s catalogues.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 8:32 PM

R5 Is the "'PERV' DOSSIER" a regular feature of the Sun and in every issue pointing out a different perv?

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 8:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2019 8:45 PM

Wouldn't Duke of Windsor and Mountbatten be cousins?

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2019 8:47 PM

In the Seventies, the rumour I always heard was of course Mountbottom was a huge homo, and he was helping Charles get over his homosexuality for the sake of the crown. (This was when there was a big rumour Charles was gay).

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2019 9:08 PM

r31, that's because it's an urban legend

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2019 2:29 AM

I'm the person who posted a link from The Times and a few quotes from the article. I believe The Times is considered a reputable news souce.

[quote]But recently uncovered FBI files and new interviews paint the 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma as a sexually voracious man whose bisexuality became a theme of US intelligence files. The documents came to light during research for a biography of Lord Mountbatten and his wife a by Andrew Lownie, a fellow of the Royal Historical Society and president of the Biographers’ Club.

Of course, I wasn't expecting to go to the Cartier website and find a selection of penis sheaths from which to choose. I would imagine if it existed, it was bespoke. The only penis sheaths of which I'm aware are the ones work in places like Papua.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2019 3:48 AM

He had many affairs with women too. His daughter said that her parents "always went mad for attractive people".

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2019 4:52 AM

I guess that's a nice way of saying your dad went mad for 15-year-old boys

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2019 4:53 AM

It's doubtful he had sex with the Duke of Windsor. If he had, George V would most likely have heard about it and would have made sure the two no longer were allowed to associate with each other.

Mountbatten's sister-in-law was a Lesbian and was for a time the lover of Anderson Cooper's grandmother, Gloria Vanderbilt (senior).

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2019 4:56 AM

R42, how do you know that George V would've found out about it? You're just making that up in your head. Young fellas mess around with each other all the time and manage to keep it hidden.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2019 8:49 PM

Gay? Then why did he want to marry Grand Duchess Maria, the most beautiful of the doomed Romanov sisters? After she and her whole family were assassinated he supposedly kept her picture at his bedside for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2019 9:41 PM

"Gay? Then why did he want to marry Grand Duchess Maria, the most beautiful of the doomed Romanov sisters?"

Gee, ya think money and status might have something to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2019 9:51 PM

"Gee, ya think money and status might have something to do with it?"

He had plenty of that himself. He didn't need her for that.

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2019 10:18 PM

No wonder he joined the Navy..,

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2019 10:24 PM

R46, I thought the Greek royals were busted broke.

Or was that later?

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2019 10:35 PM

[quote] how do you know that George V would've found out about it? You're just making that up in your head. Young fellas mess around with each other all the time and manage to keep it hidden.

Except for his daughter, Mary, George V had his children spied on at all times. He kept dossiers on them which were later destroyed by George VI.

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2019 11:51 PM

R46 The Battenbergs/Mountbattens were not rich. Dickie's father had a small income from some property he owned in Darmstadt and his Navy pay was not great. Dickie's mother received money from an investment fund set up for her by Queen Victoria. It provided for a high standard of living, but not a royal standard of living. Dickie's two aunt's in Russia supplemented the family's income, but after the Revolution that source stopped. By the end of WWI, the family was living off of Dickie's mother's allowance. Dickie's brother George had married the morganatic daughter of a Russian Grand Duke. Her wealth was also curtailed by the Russian Revolution, but she helped the Mountbattens out when she could.

The Mountbattens didn't really hit the jackpot until Dickie married a.

by Anonymousreply 50August 22, 2019 12:08 AM

R50, you know your shit.

by Anonymousreply 51August 22, 2019 1:38 AM

I don't think Dicke was after Maria Romanov's purse. She was a little plump but gorgeous. And hot to trot, it's been said.

by Anonymousreply 52August 22, 2019 2:10 AM

His daughter Pamela sold her tiara not long ago- needed the money.

by Anonymousreply 53August 22, 2019 2:10 AM

Is there an FBI dossier on my old friends the Duke and Duchess of Windsor?

by Anonymousreply 54August 22, 2019 2:12 AM

He honest to God looks like a lot of fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 22, 2019 2:52 AM

And THIS one on the left, in this photo looks like he has potential

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 22, 2019 2:53 AM

^^ That's the best pic of Charles I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 57August 22, 2019 3:25 AM

The essential thing about Mountbatten was his glamour and sex appeal. He was sexy into his sixties.

(Though his reputation was ill-served by this recent soapy movie where he was impersonated by some bloated Robert-Morley look-alike)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2019 9:32 AM

That’s Uncle Dickie to you, thanks.

A jewelled penis sheath seems like the most necessary thing in the world.

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2019 9:40 AM

It was queens who kept the Empire afloat all those years

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2019 1:34 AM

R60 That mindless assertion sounds as ill-thought as David Lean's 1985 remark that 'It's a well-known saying that the women who lost us the empire. It's true'.

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2019 1:38 AM

What on Earth could anyone mean by "... the women lost us the Empire"?

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2019 3:33 AM

Perhaps David Lean was doing publicity for Passage To India which is about Adela Quested going on a quest to find out about India and makes a complete hash of everything and making a charge of rape against Mr Aziz.

Perhaps David Lean was voicing the opinions of a true patriot who has witnessed his beloved empire devolving from its zenith in the 1880s to its nadir in the 1950s.

I daresay David Lean met Mountbatten and flibbertigibbet a as he spent 5 years trying to make a film about Gandhi and the bloody 1948 Partition of India.

David Lean was a master at his craft but he married 5 times; he complained frequently about his ice queen of a second wife, and Alec Guinness' memoirs suggest David Lean was a sex-fiend.

I suspect this mid-1980s quote was when he was VERY bitter about his projects getting cancelled, Robert Bolt becoming mortally ill and he (perhaps) lapsing into dementia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2019 3:50 AM

The hottest royal currently is Princess Margaret's grandson, Arthur Chatto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2019 5:29 AM

gaaaaaayyyyy

by Anonymousreply 65August 25, 2019 2:30 AM

More about Lord Mountbatten abusing kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 30, 2019 3:04 AM

R64 Arthur Chatto is not royal. His mother, Lady Sarah Chatto isn't even royal. Princess Margaret stated years ago, "My children are NOT royal."

by Anonymousreply 67August 30, 2019 4:55 AM

Dear OP, endless, factless speculation over dead people is all too silly, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 68September 2, 2019 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!