Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen rides to Meghan's & Harry's rescue!

Because PR guru Latham thought Elton wasn't enough, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2019 10:34 AM

Shes insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 10:52 PM

Ellen's last stand up was mostly making jokes about how extremely rich and rarified her existence is.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 10:54 PM

Whats new? Gays coming to the rescue of the underdog straights as usual.🙄

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 10:56 PM

Americans fully support Meghan.

It's only the racist British Monarchists who are still desperately clinging to their "Blackamoor traditions."

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 10:58 PM

shut up ellen!

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 11:10 PM

Exactly. This girl has singlehandedly brought that foul, inbred family into the new century, saving their public image in the bargain, and they can't even appreciate it.

No wonder they're going under.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 11:12 PM

How many Vodka Stingers did that old drunk dyke have before posting that?

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 11:14 PM

I don't care about the new Duchess of Sussex and I sure don't care what Elton John or Ellen DeGeneres say about her.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 11:15 PM

R7 = Princess Michael of KUNT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 11:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 11:28 PM

Yes, I’m sure these retirement-age celebrities will convince everyone.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 11:29 PM

R11 convince them of what?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]Americans fully support Meghan. It's only the racist British Monarchists who are still desperately clinging to their "Blackamoor traditions".

No. Americans DO NOT fully support Meghan.

When those supporting The Harkles claim "racism!" it's always a bit suspect. She's about as "black" as the average person is purple. (Note: if she supported black traditions/history/people/boyfriends/appearances/ etc....that might be an altogether different thing. She married into one of the world's most traditionally White and oppressive families.).

Remember, though, all her poor and obscene behaviour is not based on her " blackness / or lack, thereof". Everything IS NOT race-based.

They are going down. And with Andy likely taking the BRF.

Perhaps with all the global changes, it's time.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 11:38 PM

Fuck Ellen. Not interested in her thoughts on anything.

She’s pretty much always been a money chasing whore but defending Kevin hart in the same unsolicited manner was the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 11:42 PM

R13 I think the point is that not many Americans are as worked up about Meghan as the Brits seem to be. In fact, most of the noise I hear about her has been from Brits.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Hahaha.

Look at how butthurt the Kate-STANS are, because Meghan is getting good publicity.

They can't stand it when famous people come out in support of Meghan. Especially because NO ONE is coming out in support of Kate.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Meghan is the biggest PR disaster since that king who abdicated. Prince Andrew's pedo past pales in comparison to her! Not surprised that the PR gurus are getting involved. I pray the Queen survives this terrible ordeal.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 11:57 PM

You're as much of a moron as Meghan and Harry are, r16.

Having celebrities come out to chide the British public on behalf of Meghan and Harry is the LAST thing I would have advised if I were her PR. It's actually making the whole thing worse for her because the British public hate seeing them behave like celebrities and now, a story that was just about ostentation and eco-hypocrisy is now also a story about how 'celebrified' M & H are - the key thing the UK taxpayers hate.

It makes H & M look even worse, not better, and I'll bet the two morons don't even realise that (yet - they will soon)

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 11:58 PM

[quote]r8 I don't care about the new Duchess of Sussex and I sure don't care what Elton John or Ellen DeGeneres say about her.

Racist much?

You will LOVE HER, and LIKE IT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 12:34 AM

[quote]r16 They can't stand it when famous people come out in support of Meghan. Especially because NO ONE is coming out in support of Kate.

Practically speaking, a visit with Kate Middling Middlesex would be a snoozefest. She'd probably just show you pictures of her damn kids for 2 hours.

Visiting Meghan, like Ellen and Portia and all the [italic]best[/italic] people are doing, would be much more fun.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 12:40 AM

^^ sorry, Kate Middleton ... not Middlesex.

god she's so vague I can't even remember her name!

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 12:41 AM

Hmmm... the Megstans seem really triggered by today's Harkle events. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 12:45 AM

We just don't like seeing the future queen of england dissed. A little RESPECT!

#TeamSparkle

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 12:46 AM

The Kate v. Meghan Rumble going on the minds of some is cause for an eyeroll.

Two different women, two different styles, and, most significantly, two different positions in the BRF.

Kate doesn't require any celebrity to come to her rescue. She's the future Queen Consort to a future King of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth. To acknowledge that reality isn't a put-down The Duchess of Sussex Markle.

I still am rooting for Meghan to right the ship, but this notion that Kate has to care, notice or compete with Markle is laughable. Again, and for the millionth time: Does the moon acknowledge a barking dog?

And no Megstans, I'm not referring to Markle as a dog, nor do I believe she is one, but, in terms of the relative positions of Kate and Meghan, the metaphor is apt.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]They were the most down-to-earth, compassionate people. Imagine being attacked for everything you do, when all you’re trying to do is make the world better.”

Imagine being so self-centered that you pretend to care about the environment to look good, but only if it's not inconvenient for you. As long as OTHER people do their part, that's what counts.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 1:22 AM

It's far too late for Meghan and Harry to "right the ship", r24.

Even years after they divorce, the British public, who loved Harry just a year ago (and two years ago he was the most popular Royal) will still loathe him, as they do now, with the fire of a thousand suns.

They feel he has been revealed and the true Harry is a selfish, luxury-loving, despicable hypocrite and parasite who relishes the most un-royal thing on earth: celebrity. They hate that and now they hate him.

They really are the most hated members of the BRF since Wallace Simpson. Perhaps more so since at least Wallace and Edward had the good grace to get out of the spotlight. Meghan and Harry seem to seek the spotlight (Vogue, barefoot Climate speeches). The public just want them to go away and never be seen again.

The public hate the Harkles in a way I've never seen before with the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 3:41 AM

I think they are angling to behave so outrageously that they will be paid off to decamp to LA. What other goal fits with events?

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 3:46 AM

Yeah, don't know why R24 keeps boosting the Dumbartons.

They've REPEATEDLY shown who they are.

Perhaps some are just a bit slower on the uptake, R26?

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 3:47 AM

Ughhh....ask Ellens employees how down to earth she is. I swear, the out of touch covering for the out of touch is so out of touch. I crossed paths with a guy three times who was so charming and down to earth. He was later convicted of 2 counts of rape.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 3:53 AM

My brother-in-law used to work on Ellen's show as part of her crew.

One word: nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 4:01 AM

r30

SPILL!

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 4:05 AM

I thought the royals were celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Not the prior poster but she is reputed to be a nasty drunk. Between her drinking and the eating disorders of the wife, they must be a real joy to be around. Have you not noticed the nasty games she has studio guests play? Ellen is the kind of nasty old drunk who gets her jollies humiliating others. She should really address her childhood sexual abuise, she has a lot of seething anger.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 4:08 AM

Who gives a fuck what these rich white people think??

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 4:10 AM

He adored Ellen and was in the entertainment industry. But left following a short stint.

She is meaaaaan as all get out. It's as if a light switches off after the cameras. No looking her in the eye, staff afraid, staff in tears, tyrannical behaviour, etc.

As R33 said, there are issues.....and anger and fear seem to be part of her toolbox.

This is conjecture on bros' part, but there may be issues of abuse with Portia. As R33 said, perhaps there are deep things going on that we're not privy to.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2019 4:16 AM

R33 Exactly, I would not believe a word from her mouth. The rich are her “people”. I feel sorry for Portia, because I think she’s been beaten down with the “you’re nothing without me!”.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2019 4:18 AM

Thanks r35 - very interesting. I never knew this about her. Sounds like a nightmare to work for.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2019 4:18 AM

And how's that different from any other royal?? They've been raised in the lap of luxury on the people's dime. (Even if you say they have their own personal wealth, it's blood money they culled through tyrany.)

But don't worry; Meghan and her democratic roots humanize the scenario a bit. And that's why she's beloved. That she's put a beautifully human face on that ghoulish group, and in almost no time at all, is nothing short of miraculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2019 4:20 AM

She doesn't "humanize" them, r38. She's making a mockery of them.

People in Britain now call her "Meghantoinette" as in, "let them eat cake".

She's hardly a humanizing element for the BRF. She's an embarrassment. And so is he.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2019 4:25 AM

R38 Enough with politics. Meghan is not beloved and is the most hated royal before Andrew. That says something.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2019 4:26 AM

[quote] Meghan and her democratic roots humanize the scenario a bit. And that's why she's beloved. That she's put a beautifully human face...

R38 Tell that to the staff Markles threw a hot pot of tea at in Oz.

Or to Lady Cosgrove (GG's wife then) who wished to speak with her about her treatment of staff at AH (Admiralty House)

M (who is known for her vulgar speech) in response to Lady C: "F**k off. Do you know who I am?"

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2019 4:27 AM

I watched Ellen for a few episodes when she first started and was totally turned off by her dancing. Does she still do this?

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2019 4:33 AM

P!nk is also weighing in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2019 4:33 AM

They're really rubbing people the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2019 4:35 AM

R38 do you have eyes?

Have you seen Meghantoinette's Pavlovian efforts to walk in front of her husband?

Prince Charles?

The Queen?

Thomas Markle even stated that she was hard to handle.

She acts more pretentious and elitist than the other royals.

She ghosts the majority of her family and friends.

And you talk about democratic, humanistic behaviours in regards to her?

Laughable.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2019 4:36 AM

The only people paying much attention are dump twat trolls on the intertubes, like some of you, and yellow journalism readers. It's all manufactured outrage for "people" pages. Elton John isn't helping the matter but he's not wrong. Give it a rest you twats.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2019 4:38 AM

Look up her appearance on Craig Ferguson on YouTube. Her talking points were all about her dad working on Married with Children. She mentioned him often at the beginning of her career, seeming like she has always been involved with the industry. She uses everyone till the don’t benefit her.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2019 4:44 AM

[quote]r41 M (who is known for her vulgar speech) in response to Lady C: "F**k off. Do you know who I am?"

god, that would be marvelous if it were true. That whole crowd sorely needs to be brought down a peg into the real world!

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2019 4:45 AM

The Harkles PR are doing a TERRIBLE job. They need to get the celebrities to shut up because it makes the public loathe them even more. As for the 4 private jets in 11 days ... how out of touch are they? It doesn't matter if Elton paid - is his money supposed to suck all the jet fuel emissions out of the sky and make everything better?

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2019 4:50 AM

R49 Right? I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even know what that means. Donating will magically erase the emissions. Magical celebrity thinking, if only it were real.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2019 4:55 AM

[quote]The Kate v. Meghan Rumble going on the minds of some is cause for an eyeroll.

I think the tabloids try to stoke the ‘catfight’ scenario because catfights sell. Look at the Real Housewives. *flips table*

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2019 4:56 AM

r41 do you have a link to that story? If that is true she's even worse than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2019 4:57 AM

R51 whatever gets you through the night. This has nothing to do with Kate.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote]god, that would be marvelous if it were true. That whole crowd sorely needs to be brought down a peg into the real world!

What’s your beef with the wife of the former Governor-General of Australia?

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2019 5:05 AM

The Daily Beast is pretty scathing on her Vogue effort.

Up until the Vogue thing, the DB were constantly defending her, but no more. The gloves are off.

(link is MSN's repost of the DB article because DB has adblocker requirements)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2019 5:06 AM

Thus, all fairy stories end!

Only an actress would pretend

Philanthropy is her latest play

Eight shows a week, two matinees

My, how the worm begins to turn!

When will the chorus girl ever learn?

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2019 5:37 AM

[quote]r54 What’s your beef with the wife of the former Governor-General of Australia?

Only that she was born with a silver spoon shoved so far up her ass she can't even shit.

Other than that she's perfectly lovely, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2019 5:38 AM

And her name is, R57? No googling, now.

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2019 6:04 AM

It's actually 8 flights, because the private plane goes back to home base empty after it has dropped off its' passengers.

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2019 7:50 AM

[quote] Only that she was born with a silver spoon shoved so far up her ass she can't even shit.

Thank you R57, for showing us who you are in the description of the former Governor General's wife. Can appreciate why you are supportive of the D. of Dumbarton. Sounds as though you are of the same ilk.

Foul.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2019 9:09 AM

[quote]That whole crowd sorely needs to be brought down a peg into the real world!

Yes, "Let Them Eat Cake", Meghan, Harry, Elton and Ellen could use a bit of reality in the real world, eh R48.

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2019 9:17 AM

R52 Regarding the link you requested, it is not in the MSM. But it is circulating on Twitter, DM's and in some writings if one looks closely enough. (There is even a meme circulating of the interaction.)

I'm surprised Lynn Cosgrove (that's her name, R58) has allowed this to circulate. Although frankly, she's likely as fed up as the rest of us.

I posted in one of the earlier BRF 80-something threads about what I heard occurring at AH in Oz, although I was not there firsthand to witness it. We are usually kept mum about the happenings there, as it is of state importance. It's just that the behaviour witnessed on that tour was so.....gobsmacking, the likes of it had never been seen from 1st World Representatives, let alone someone from the BRF.

I'll end with just one word an Aussie official used to describe the October 2018 BRF visitor who-shall-not-be-named: unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2019 9:32 AM

Oh, I’m aware of the name of the wife of our previous Governor General, R62. It’s R57 who doesn’t, and most likely couldn’t point out Australia on a map.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2019 10:15 AM

[quote] It’s [R57] who doesn’t, and most likely couldn’t point out Australia on a map.

True R63. So true.

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2019 10:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!