Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Queer As Folk Reboot Finds Home on NBC's Upcoming Streaming Service

Is anyone willing to pay for yet another streaming service for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 11:57 PM

Are they getting old age benefits in this version?

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 9:04 PM

Oh, joy.

Re-boot a shitty show that sucked its first time around.

Why not make an even SHITTIER version of it, the second time around?

Fucking Hollywood. And they actually PAY these people to come up with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 9:05 PM

I read they were remaking the original, superior UK version? The original writer is one of the producers.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 9:09 PM

“With new characters in a new setting, it’s described as “a modern take on the original British series that centers on a group of club-going friends who find support in the gay community following a tragedy.” What does everyone think the ‘tragedy’ will be? Pulse nightclub type shooting or something more personal?

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 9:18 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 9:41 PM

I cancelled Xfinity tv just this afternoon. I had Netflix and Amazon already. Added the $6 Hulu. I'll probably get Acorn or Britbox,

Not going to take the NBC or CBS or Disney streaming.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 9:42 PM

It's just going to be loaded with SJW crap and revised history. Almost every so-called gay movie is like this nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 9:42 PM

I imagine a lot of arguing about pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 9:45 PM

There is absolutely no reason to re-do this shit.

It wasn't even good the first time around. What makes them think it'll be better the second time?

Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 9:49 PM

The tragedy is someone gets dead named. It's literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Please refer to all genders as -CIS and X, please.

Anything else is hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 10:30 PM

Will the new version also try to convince viewers that Pittsburgh, looking a lot like Canada, is the gay mecca of the world?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 10:39 PM

It sounds like they won't be using much from the old show but the name. Who asked for this?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 10:43 PM

Will there be dong?

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 10:43 PM

There will be shenis, R14. Lots and lots of shenis!

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 11:29 PM

I ant to see it. Are any of the old actors going to be in it?

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!