Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Aniston And Reese Witherspoon ‘The Morning Show" Trailer

Looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2019 11:42 PM

Direct link.

Looks okay I guess, but also super straight and white, and I already have Succession to fill that quota for me, so... 🤷‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 3:58 PM

Does it look good...?

Eh. Very earnest and self serious which seems a weird choice to make. Why not let these gifted comedians be funny. I mean this is Morning News, I expected it to be a little more fun.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 4:10 PM

Jennifer looks really rough is OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 4:22 PM

I think it looks really good!

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 4:24 PM

I'm seeing people being confused about its tone.

r3 Well, the story requires Reese to look like the shiny new toy, so they had to contrast Jennifer somehow.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 4:26 PM

Fillers. That’s all I see.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 4:29 PM

You might have your trends set to L.A. because Lange isn't trending nationally right now.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 4:36 PM

*Sorry, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Reese is supposed to be playing an up-and-comer news anchor? I hate to perpetuate ageism in Hollywood, but they should have cast someone 20 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 4:39 PM

Not impressed. Witherspoon is too old for the ingénue role. And they both look like actresses playing newscasters. Makeup and styling is not even remotely on point.

This whole concept was done much better in Being Mary Jane.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 4:45 PM

Reese's eyes look very, um, updated.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 4:45 PM

When did Jennifer Aniston turn into Barbra Streisand?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 4:53 PM

I couldn't help but think the same thing r9. Reese as the threatening younger woman to Aniston?

That's a part for someone in their early 30s, not tmearly 40s. Her and Aniston are only 7 years apart.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 5:00 PM

The only thing good about that trailer is the Supertramp song. Agree with everyone else, Reese is too fucking old to play this role.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 5:01 PM

[Quote]Her and Aniston are only 7 years apart.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 5:04 PM

And what is the cost of this service? Is it included either Apple TV? Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 5:10 PM

Is it supposed to be part of the comedy that Reese is playing the hot, new, fresh newbie threatening old Jen's position of power? I think they should've gone even further and cast Andrea Martin or Rita Moreno in Reese Witherspoon's role to make the audience howl.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 5:26 PM

Reese was second choice after Olivia De Havilland declined to come out of retirement.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 5:30 PM

Jennifer would have been good in "Wild"

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 5:40 PM

I think it looks like it has potential, but I am a little confused about Reese as the hip up and comer. That role should go to a Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone, shouldn't it? Someone who, say, could have grown up watching Aniston on Friends. Not Witherspoon who was actually professionally working and on the same show once. They should have really gone meta and cast Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 5:44 PM

Why the dusty Supertramp song? Are they trying to appeal to the 50+ audience? Weird.

Agree that Aniston looks nothing like a TV newsreader in this. She looks like the grandma hanging out at a surf shop.

I already have cable TV and Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime. This trailer did not make me want to subscribe to Apple Plus.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 5:44 PM

Yeah who is really going to subscribe to Apple Plus for this? I'll pirate it but I am not doing another subscription.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 5:47 PM

Is Addison DeWitt in this?

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 5:50 PM

Regarding the complaints that Reese is too old to play this part, I agree with this take that the small difference in their age makes this show different from other versions we've seen in the past.

[quote]What makes it all even more interesting is the subtle message underneath this casting. A message so subtle that we wonder if the show is even aware of its implications. This isn’t the story of an aging woman being threatened by a woman half her age, which is how you’d expect a story like this to go. Instead, it’s the story of a 50 year old woman responding to the threat of a 43-year-old woman replacing her. There’s a lot more nuance to a story like this one; an implication that the television news industry requires women to demonstrate the extreme capability that comes with decades of adult experience, but also to remain under a certain age. It implies that women in the industry get about five or six years at the top of their game. Of course, there doesn’t have to be any subtlety about this take, since it plays out in front of our eyes in the real world all the time. But we didn’t expect this show to be the one to make such a savage observation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote]Jennifer looks really rough is OP's pic.

And yet, OP's pic still makes one ask why Reese didn't go to her plastic surgeon instead of Courtney's.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Are either of them really Legally Blond?

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 6:18 PM

Geeze, late 90's-early aughts comedy has-beens trying to pass off as serious Emmy material? PASS.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 6:27 PM

You can really see the Greek in Aniston at r24. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 6:36 PM

Go easy on Aniston!

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 6:42 PM

How is this Apple tv going to work? My tv and laptop are not Apple. My phone is but I'm not going to watch some tv show on it!

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2019 8:19 PM

I always found Aniston really good at light comedy and pretty good in dramas as well, so I'll give it a shot. There's something about her that I really like and she's very watchable. She looks excellent, too. We should all be so lucky (and rich) to be able to look that good at 50.

Reese really excels at playing damaged, ruthless, loud, and brash characters so I hope there's a bit of that in her character here. I never liked her in all those rom coms. They weren't a good fit and it felt like she was playing things too safe after her early years of taking huge risks with things like Election and Freeway.

by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote]How is this Apple tv going to work? My tv and laptop are not Apple. My phone is but I'm not going to watch some tv show on it!

Calm down Becky, it's just an app like Netflix and Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2019 10:33 PM

I like Jen's "Don't fuck with me, fellas" moment at the end of the trailer, but they both look so plumped up with fillers they look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2019 10:50 PM

For fuck's sake. She's 50 years old. She looks fine. Go watch "Botched".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2019 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!