Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brexit. The insanity continues: "These are likely, basic, reasonable scenarios—not the worst case"

"France will impose EU controls on UK goods immediately. Many British supply trucks will be unprepared for French customs, which could reduce the number of vehicles passing through to 40%-60% of current levels within one day. Disruptions could last three months or more, which could have a “catastrophic” impact on the British economy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2019 3:41 PM

I'm sorry miss, I have my own problems.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2019 11:12 AM

You really think in globalized trade with supply lines stretching across the world that significant disruption in the world's 5th largest economy won't affect everybody else?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 11:18 AM

Between the Brit trolls who infest DL and the ridiculous pro-Trump Brits (and Canadians and Australians, supposedly) who act like lunatics on Twitter, I have to say that I am D O N E with the whole thing. I feel sorry for the sane people of the UK, but they didn't confront the sketchy vote or the trolls in their own media, let alone demand their politicians actually come up with a deal. They just sat around chuckling at May's constant failures, and now it's three years later and they've got Trump Spice and his sidekick Naziboy Nigel and a No-Deal Brexit about to kick their ass.

And they'll say the exact same thing about us when the Trump situation finally blows and we look around realizing we didn't do much of anything, either.

More people are literally going to die because of Brexit and Trump and all the other Western fascist nonsense, but that's what it's going to take to get people to finally fucking care about what's happening.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 11:21 AM

It's a very good time for the UK government to cull the weak and the poor from their population.

I bet my bottom dollar that the UK will crash out of the EU with no deals under the false illusion that the US would sign some bilateral trade deals with them on November 1. But but but....

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 3:42 PM

So many trolls, so little perspective and common sense.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 3:44 PM

Merkel will strike a deal to enable the continuation of business between the UK and German auto manufacturers.

The rest of the EU will fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 3:47 PM

They will still be engulfed in financial upheaval for years to come. Brexit/Trump USA, racism that will hit everyone in pocket. Can't wait till all the old whites die off, and that can not longer hold back progress . But in the meantime, everyone around will suffer climate demolition, financial ruin, health care suffering and continued social class systems denigrating the races and lifestyle choices. Hate, like cockroaches, lives forever

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Will Trump stand by Boris? The latter pins all his hopes on it.

"And they'll say the exact same thing about us when the Trump situation finally blows and we look around realizing we didn't do much of anything, either."

And that's the sad truth.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Trump standing by Boris? Oh, r8, you slay me!

When in his life has Trump ever stood by anything or anyone except his own immediate interest?

In that sense, he and Boris are actually two of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 3:28 PM

IIRC, “Just in time” inventory was a Japanese innovation that spread around in the 80s or 90s. What that means is that manufacturers have little wiggle room if their supply chain is disrupted. That’s a problem.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 9:01 PM

Couldn't have happened to a nastier people.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 9:46 PM

Not to worry. We have a solution:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2019 7:37 PM

Now the Brit's nightmare just came true!!!

Government to ask Queen to suspend parliament from mid-September

Britain’s Queen Elizabeth could be asked as early as Wednesday to agree to suspend parliament, senior BBC journalist Nick Robinson said on Twitter.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has refused to rule out suspending, or proroguing parliament, to prevent it from blocking his plans to take Britain out of the European Union by Oct. 31.

“Hearing that the Queen could be asked to agree to prorogue parliament as early as today,” Robinson, the former BBC political editor, said. “She’s in Balmoral. Would be done by Order in Council. Only one source. Not confirmed. Watch this space.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2019 9:41 AM

This is so Antidemocracy. I wonder if the queen will go along with this... Oh of course she will.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2019 10:23 AM

And you STILL you'll get people who think this is a great idea.

People I could spend my whole life trying to understand but I don't think I could even begin to after a thousand years.

I've never felt more like just fucking and drugging myself to oblivion, at least I could go out with a smile on my face.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2019 10:31 AM

Another of these boring fear-mongering Brexit threads from OP, The Brexit Troll.

He bores for Britain.

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2019 10:38 AM

Astounding. Parliament may be suspended? Worrisome what will follow...

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2019 1:59 PM

So BoJo has a plan? and he thinks he can force it through Parliament before the Oct deadline?

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2019 3:25 PM

Oh wow! Queen consents to suspension of parliament for five weeks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2019 3:37 PM

she's just a gal who can't say "no", she's in a terrible fix

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2019 3:39 PM

Charles won't be happy.

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2019 3:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!