Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PA Bans LGBT

[quote]The Palestinian Authority is banning all LGBT members from activities in the West Bank.

Think we'll get a comment from Omar or Tlaib?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2019 12:47 PM

Surprised it wasn't banned already.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2019 10:32 PM

Why do people post articles from the Washington Examiner?

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2019 10:33 PM

Welp

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote]Explaining the decision to ban the LGBTQ group from operating in PA-controlled areas, Luay Zreikat, spokesperson for the PA Police, said that such activities are “harmful to the higher values and ideals of Palestinian society.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 10:35 PM

[quote]Why do people post articles from the Washington Examiner?

Because this story doesn't fit in with the liberal narrative. Oppressed people don't have time to ban gays from events.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 10:37 PM

R2 Maybe because most mainstream media outlets in the USA don't report on things that make the PA look bigoted.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2019 10:37 PM

The Middle East is a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 10:37 PM

Michael Lucas must be so “I TOLD YOU SO” right now

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Glancing at the title of the post I thought this was about Pennsylvania, my home state, and wasn't even surprised. I saw a guy in a pickup truck with Trump 2020 bumper sticker on it today...

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2019 11:01 PM

Hebrews were the first to demonise homosexuality. Muslims are a spawn of Hebrews' hatred of homosexuality when pedophile copied from the bible to come up with his own religion.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2019 11:19 PM

I had no idea Palestine was anti-gay. Now I don’t feel bad about what happens in that shithole.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2019 11:24 PM

R11 Ask extreme jews how much they love us. As fundamental jews about the prayer they say every morning thanking yahew for not making them women

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2019 11:28 PM

There's more details here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]Why do people post articles from the Washington Examiner?

Right wing trolls, pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2019 11:32 PM

R12 The difference is that extreme Jews are a minor faction of the people of Israel. The PA is run by extremist Muslims who are the majority of the Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2019 11:33 PM

R15 More extreme jews than palestinians

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2019 11:37 PM

Not proportionally.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2019 11:43 PM

that area is a cesspool on both sides. creepy religious fuks

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 12:14 AM

r15 nails it. Regarding gays in that area of the world, there is one area that gays are accepted and openly living, and one area that ACTIVELY oppresses them. Choose one.

I've always been pro israel (though not necessarily pro Netanyahu) for this exact reason. When gays are able to live without fear of death in BOTH territories, then I'll reexamine the issue. For now, I'll side with the one without the anti-gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]The Palestinian Authority is banning all LGBT members from activities in the West Bank.

Is that English?

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 1:10 AM

Big shock. Israel and Lebanon are the only tolerant countries in the Middle East.

Now, wander over to Africa. How friendly is it. Just about damn zero. How about Asia? Exactly. Now shut up with the false hand wringing. F&F anybody who posts from the right wing religious newspapers Washington Times and Washington Examiner . They’re trolls and should be banned.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 1:18 AM

The alt-righties are always like r6, claiming their fake, biased news outlets are the only ones free to tell the truth.

The truth is a single group was banned from holding events. There have been no laws passed, yet anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Once again the Soft Bigotry Of Lowered Expectations™ will likely come into play here as posters will make up all sorts of reasons why it's not really so bad because you know you can't really expect non-white savages to understand the whole LGB thing, while simultaneously pulling out some hate speech from a random extremist rabbi as proof that Israel is equally anti-gay. Because you know, white Western people, higher expectations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Spot on, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 1:21 AM

Amir Ohana, openly gay Justice Minister in Netanyahu's government.

(And yes, Trump has a bunch of us working for him too, as ambassadors and the like.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 1:22 AM

^^That was not to endorse Trump, it was to explain that out gays work for right wing governments throughout the West.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 1:23 AM

So, according to the Zionists it is sweet as for israelis to murder people because 'some' of them are nice to gays? Cunty choice sorry

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 1:26 AM

I agree with R19 - I'll take Israel over the Palestinians any day.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 1:33 AM

All the whataboutism that people have invoked on this thread to deflect from the PA is not going to hide the PA’s views or actions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 1:36 AM

[quote]The PA police will chase those behind the LGBTQ group and see to it that they are brought to trial once they are arrested, Zreikat warned. He further appealed to Palestinians to report to the police about any person connected to the group.

[quote]A member of Al-Qaws said that since the police announcement, he and his friends have received hundreds of threats and hate messages from Palestinians, especially through Facebook. “The attack on us is unprecedented,” he told The Jerusalem Post. “They are calling us traitors and corrupt people and many are calling for our execution. We are afraid for our lives.”

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2019 1:40 AM

R29 And that does not negate the fact israelis are murderous thugs

by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2019 1:42 AM

R31 =Tlaib

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2019 1:43 AM

I wonder if R31 also posts about Americans being "murderous child concentration camp guards" or "murderous thugs of indigenous people"

Or if we're just too Christian for him to focus his hate on

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2019 2:19 AM

R33 Again, does not negate the actions of israelis. But, when 9/11 happened I said exactly what Chomsky did. It wasn't surprising it happened, it was surprising it took so long

by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2019 2:39 AM

R34 But, Muslim history is nothing but peace? Please, there is no culture on Earth, especially in the middle east, whose history isn't filled with killing and war.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2019 2:51 AM

R35 Again, one does not negate the other, you're both fucked, really really fucked

by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2019 2:58 AM

R36 And, where are you from? Because, I'm sure it describes your history as well, unless you are some alien visitor from a far away planet.

by Anonymousreply 37August 19, 2019 3:03 AM

Tlaib and Omar are actually Congresswomen in the United States, not a mid east country!

by Anonymousreply 38August 19, 2019 3:33 AM

Silence from the Left. Leftists truly are the enemy of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 39August 19, 2019 4:29 AM

"Leftists truly are the enemy of gay men."

Yeah, it was leftists who tried to amend the constitution to ban gay marriage. Oh, wait, that was freepers.

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2019 4:31 AM

If you put the Trumpster at r23 on ignore, a bunch of posts disappear

by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2019 4:33 AM

Homosexuality is a death sentence in Gaza. Homosexuality has always been socially abhorrent and taboo in the West Bank, which is why gays under PA control run to Israel for freedom. There is nothing new or newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 42August 19, 2019 4:41 AM

[quote]Tlaib and Omar are actually Congresswomen in the United States, not a mid east country!

That doesn't stop them from running their mouths about the way Israel conducts its national business. Let's see if they will condemn this as loudly as they have condemned Israel.

by Anonymousreply 43August 19, 2019 1:43 PM

R43 They won't because they image-conscious Far Left PC propaganda machines.

by Anonymousreply 44August 19, 2019 2:22 PM

[QUOTE]Think we'll get a comment from Omar or Tlaib?

Of course not.

R2 Go fuck your mother !

by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2019 2:42 PM

The fault is not a zero sum game. The PA is wrong, so is Israel. Neither can claim the moral high ground here. Just because one side is wrong does not mean the other side is right, and conflating Talib with PA is right wing trolling.

by Anonymousreply 46August 19, 2019 3:02 PM

That general part of the world causes FAR MORE TROUBLE than it is worth.

I could not care less what happens to any of it or to any of the people living there and carrying on so fucking poorly. A pox on all of their houses.

by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2019 3:12 PM

I guess it's very similar to Trump proclaiming businesses can deny LGBT services and LGBT can be fired without cause. Healthcare personnel can deny caring for LGBT.

This is happening in AMERICA

by Anonymousreply 48August 19, 2019 3:18 PM

With the right wing quickly taking over Israel, how much longer until gays get banned there?

by Anonymousreply 49August 19, 2019 3:18 PM

R21 Asia is a large continent with many nations so stop lumping the likes of Indonesia to countries such as Taiwan or Japan. No one gives a fuck if you’re gay in those nations for instance, but not so in Indonesia which is largely Muslim. Taiwan passed gay marriage and in Japan people there have this Zen philosophy of live and let be. I’ve traveled extensively in those two countries with my boyfriend and we’ve never felt like we were in danger. We also know many gay and lesbian friends who live there. Taiwan’s president is pretty much considered by many to be a lesbian but she’s not saying it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 50August 19, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]With the right wing quickly taking over Israel, how much longer until gays get banned there?

R49 Why don't you ask Amir Ohana, Israel's GAY Justice Minister appointed by Netanyahu?

by Anonymousreply 51August 19, 2019 3:35 PM

Sort of like Trump hobnobbing with GAY Peter Thiel and naming a GAY ambassador to Germany.

All of it is window dressing. They don't automatically make Trump gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 52August 19, 2019 4:05 PM

Trump naming Ben Carson Secretary of HUD means he just LOVES black people!

by Anonymousreply 53August 19, 2019 4:06 PM

r51, and yet Netanyahu worked hard to make sure gays were expressly left out of the new surrogacy law despite promising they would be included.

by Anonymousreply 54August 19, 2019 4:06 PM

[quote] I’ve traveled extensively in those two countries with my boyfriend and we’ve never felt like we were in danger.

If you're white, there's also white privilege to take into consideration. In so many of these countries, it is rare for anyone to challenge white people for the same things they would condemn their own country men for.

by Anonymousreply 55August 19, 2019 4:08 PM

[quote] Sort of like Trump hobnobbing with GAY Peter Thiel and naming a GAY ambassador to Germany.

These gays, long with the Log Cabins and those like Aaron Schock continue to support LGBT losing their rights in this country

by Anonymousreply 56August 19, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote] Think we'll get a comment from Omar or Tlaib?

Funny how we're not even getting a comment from Netanyahu or Trump either

by Anonymousreply 57August 19, 2019 4:10 PM

R53 The point is Ohana, like Carson, was appointed. Something you seem to conveniently overlook. Wonder why?

R52 Window dressing? Well, here's 250,000 dressed windows. For your enlightenment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Something you will never EVER see in Ramallah or Gaza. Or Amman, Damascus, Beirut, Istanbul, Baghdad, Teheran, Riyadh, Dubai, Kuwait, Lahore, Tunis, Rabat, Cairo, Khartoum, Mogadishu, Kuala Lumpur, Bandar Seri Begawan either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 19, 2019 4:26 PM

R11 I imagine these folks had no idea as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 19, 2019 4:56 PM

Hey OP, you do know that the Washington Examiner is right wing trash? Of course you do. Now get off of DL and stop spreading fake news.

by Anonymousreply 61August 19, 2019 5:36 PM

I can't say this enough: ALL RELIGION IS A SCOURGE ON SOCIETY. Supporting either Islam or Judaism or Christianity is unethical. All are embarrassingly foolish and silly.

by Anonymousreply 62August 19, 2019 5:44 PM

R55 No it's not like that at all, I'm biracial half-Asian/ half-White. if you know anything about 1st-world East Asian societies like Japan, Taiwan, or Singapore, then you'd know there is a big difference in attitudes bout homosexuality than those in 2nd-world or Southeast Asian nations that have large Muslim populations. East-Asian cultures that were influenced by Buddhism simply don't have history of punishing or being hostile to gay people the way that Islam and Christianity have throughout history. I have two cousins who live openly as gay men in Taiwan, and my extended family there hold typical Taiwanese mindset regarding homosexuality, it's pretty much whatever, just be happy and live your lives in honorable manners.

In Japan, homosexuality is treated the same in public as other aspects of sexuality in that it's your own business. Japanese people don't like to be demonstrative of romantic love or sexuality in public gay or straight. But if you hold hands or show signs that you're part of a gay couple, people don't give a fuck although you might get some furtive glances from older folks who aren't used to that sort of things. Homosexuality is also not a taboo in Japan in the ways that Westerners think, there are artwork and cultural references to male homosexuality dating back to ancient literature and artwork.

My boyfriend and I did travel to Malaysia and Indonesia a few years ago while we were visiting Taiwan, and there was no way that we were going to be open about being a gay couple even as tourists in Malaysia or Indonesia. No comparison between traveling to Muslim-heavy areas like Malaysia or Indonesia, and East Asian nations with more enlightened attitudes regarding LGBT population. In Japan and Taiwan polls show that most people believe homosexuality should be accepted in same way as being straight. It's the older folks that are mostly in opposition to the idea, and that shows it's mostly a generational thing. Whereas in Muslim-dominated nations it's also young people who abhor homosexuality and want to restrict or even kill gay people. That shows it's a cultural and religious thing in those countries. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 63August 19, 2019 5:46 PM

R60, I would venture to suggest that those folks in that pic pretty much dont have a clue about anything. Queers for Palestine is not far off Jews for Hitler

Along those lines, guess what the 6th top selling book is in Palestine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 19, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]Along those lines, guess what the 6th top selling book is in Palestine?

Heather Has Two Mommies?

by Anonymousreply 65August 19, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote] The point is Ohana, like Carson, was appointed. Something you seem to conveniently overlook. Wonder why?

EXACTLY the point. Do you think Trump is a huge supporter of black people solely because he appointed Carson? Plus, there is exactly ONE black person in Trump' huge cabinet.

It's the same with Ohana. Bibi has been kissing the asses of the right wing. He can't overtly push homophobic policies, so he appoints one gay guy to satisfy anyone who criticizes the views of the right against gays. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 66August 19, 2019 7:42 PM

Let's check out how attempts at gay pride gatherings go in Russia, Poland, the former Soviet Republics, Christian countries in Africa, etc etc etc

Hatred for LGBT spans the globe. How is this supposed to be special?

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2019 7:43 PM

R65 lovely if true

Sadly... its Mein Kampf

The world would be a slightly better place if Heather Has Two Mommies was a top selling book in Palestine. Somehow..... I dont see that happening

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Such a kind and loving people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 19, 2019 8:03 PM

R59.

Um. What’s that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2019 12:57 AM

pro-israel propaganda, again and again and again on DL

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2019 3:12 AM

I can hate how the Muslims treat gays while also hating how Israel treats Palestinians because I am capable of advanced thought. They are not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2019 3:20 AM

It appears it is.

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2019 3:25 AM

The Palestinians danced on the streets on 9/11. I'm not favorably disposed towards them. I'm no fan of the government of Israel or a lot of Trump loving Israelis either.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2019 3:28 AM

So Omar did come out and tweeted (twitter, the pinnacle of "activism") support for the LGBT group that the Palestinian Authority banned. Apparently Tlaib also retweeted something supportive, but didn't feel it necessary to add her own words of support. Here's the tweet:

[quote]LGBTQ rights are human rights, and we should condemn any effort to infringe upon them. But we should also condemn any effort to equate this with the occupation or use this as a distraction.

While I'm not a fan of the frequently extreme views of these two freshman congresswomen, I AM glad that they acknowledged that the homophobic situation EXISTS, which is a start. And it's more than a lot of people on this thread (including me!) thought that they would do. I hope now that they actually put their influence and connections with the PA and other societies to advocate for gays on a meaningful level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2019 12:09 PM

So first it's "they won't say anything because they hate the gays." Then when they do say something, it's not enough because it's on Twitter.

Sure, seems legit.

by Anonymousreply 76August 23, 2019 12:19 PM

[quote]I hope now that they actually put their influence and connections with the PA and other societies to advocate for gays on a meaningful level.

Standing in America and mouthing empty words for the photo op and sound bite about gays will not alter one iota that homosexuality is a death sentence and socially abhorrent, not only in Gaza and the West Bank but in 57 Muslim majority countries.

R70 Pride week in Beirut? Excuse me, but LOL!!!!!! Where was that image taken? Surely not on the Corniche or in Hamra. Those gays walk anywhere public with that flag and they will be beaten senseless or shot dead. You gullible Westerners really are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 77August 23, 2019 12:36 PM

If that is what they want, fuck Palestine.

by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2019 12:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!