Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Men Destroyed by Alpha Females

What are some good examples of men being destroyed by overbearing women? Liberace and his helicopter mother comes to mind or Rob Kardashian and his whore mother & sisters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 30, 2019 11:13 PM

Principal Skinner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2019 9:24 PM

Me. I think I’ll say the same thing Liberace said when his mom died “I’m free”.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2019 11:19 PM

Dezi Arnaz

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2019 11:24 PM

R2, can’t you put her in a nursing home?

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 11:27 PM

On my Dad’s first date with my Mom, they went to an ice cream shop. When they were leaving, my Dad got a pint to go, for his mother.

My Mom would occasionally say that a man who was good to his mother would be good to his wife. So, it worked out.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 11:39 PM

Prince Harry is looking more pathetic by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2019 11:44 PM

John Lennon

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 11:50 PM

The black widow Kardashians and their cunt mother win this hands down. The only one who seems to have escaped unscathed is Kris Humphries.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 12:45 AM

Jerry Kennedy...almost.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 12:49 AM

Ronald Reagan

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Paris, of Troy

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 1:10 AM

Chris Watts.

Oh, wait. That wound up being mutual.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 1:21 AM

Also, my father.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 1:24 AM

Nels Olsen

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 1:24 AM

Sylvester and Jackie Stallone.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 1:31 AM

Sunny Clift, controling manipulative mother of Montgomery Clift. And by extension Monty's brother Brooke Clift and their father. The only one in that family who seemed to have a relatively good life was the Monty's twin sister Ethel, who got married and moved away to Texas far away from Sunny's grasp.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 1:32 AM

Yeah, R16, “Sunny” Clift was one for the ages....

What was her deal anyway? She was *such* a piece of work....

Did she have a personality disorder of some kind? And did she molest Montgomery?

(She seemed obsessed with him as a child—to the exclusion of all her other children/family members—and Monty’s emotional life and relationship with his sexuality was never normal or healthy. He also told people as an adult that he *hated* his mother, but would never explain it.....)

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 2:11 AM

Clifton Webb had a domineering mother; never married, he lived with her until her death in 1960.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 2:29 AM

Connie Jarrett, formerly of Lake Forest.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 2:32 AM

Harry Hemsley

Egon Von Furstenberg

Joseph Lauter (later Lauder)

Bill Clinton

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 2:52 AM

The Hapless Harry's:

Harry Markle

Harry Hamlin

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 3:11 AM

^^^^Damn Autocorrect!

Hapless HARRYS!

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 3:12 AM

Raymond Shaw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 3:14 AM

John-John Kennedy. Although he-he got his final revenge.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 3:14 AM

The Duke of Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 3:16 AM

Norman Bates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 3:17 AM

R17, I don't believe she molested him, if she had I doubt he would've allowed her to come back into his life during his final years when most of his friends had abandoned him and his relationships had deteriorated, he could have called upon anyone but he chose to call upon her.

I definitely believe Sunny had some type of mental problem. She was very jealous of other women in Monty's life, especially older women like Monty's acting coach, Mira Rostova, who she accused of trying to control him. I think Sunny wanted to be the only woman in Monty's life and she had a hard time handling the reality of the situation. This could be born out of her insecurities surrounding her identity issues and her fear of abandonment. Sunny lost her husband to his mistress and she might well have feared she would lose Monty the same way too.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 4:55 PM

I predict that when women finally take full power in the world it will be worse than with men. Women are sadistic, get drunk with power-much more than men and don’t know how to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 5:03 PM

Kenneth Williams. Possibly the most self loathing gay man in British history. And who killed his dad? ( looking at you Lou).

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2019 5:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2019 5:08 PM

OP = MRA incel douchebag who hates women

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2019 5:10 PM

"Women are sadistic, get drunk with power-much more than men and don’t know how to deal with it."

Yeah, women are drunk with power.....that's why women make up 50% of the population but maybe 20% of Congress.

"I predict that when women finally take full power in the world it will be worse than with men."

90% of homicides have male perpetrators. And about 95% of mass shootings. But it's women who are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2019 5:13 PM

Sante Kimes deserves her own thread.

The t.v. movie with MTM was o.k. but they cleaned a lot of it up.

Pure evil, dopey son and a world class grifter.

And they murdered that old woman they were living with.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2019 5:14 PM

oh hell yes,forgot all about that bitch.Older son escaped and testified against her IIRC?..off to googleland.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2019 5:20 PM

Harry Mudd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2019 10:36 AM

Dahmer

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2019 1:09 PM

reply 18-Clifton Webb had a domineering mother; never married, he lived with her until her death in 1960.

As Webb and Coward grew older, so did Mabelle. Finally, Mabelle died at the age of 91. Webb was consumed with grief at the loss of his mother, who he had lived with for his entire life, and he carried his inconsolable grief everywhere he went for the rest of his life. One of Coward’s famous quotes rose from Webb’s grief.

According to Graham Payn, when Coward called Webb from Jamaica after Mabelle’s death, Webb spent so much time on the phone saying nothing and letting out racking sobs, that the only way Coward could calm him down by threatening to reverse the charges. When he hung up the phone, Payn says the Coward turned to him and said, “You realize this makes Clifton the worlds oldest, living orphan.”

In his book, Behind The Screen: How Gays and Lesbians Saved Hollywood, William Mann says the line was actually said at the home of Billy Haines and Jimmy Shields. After a dinner party, about a year after Mabelle’s death, someone made a suggestion that everyone go downtown to see a XX Show. Deep in grief, Webb wanted nothing to do with merriment and kept saying, “It’s too soon, It’s too soon.” An exasperated Coward is said to have turned to to Webb and said, “You know, Clifton, it’s not a terrible thing to be orphaned at seventy four.”

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2019 1:30 PM

Sasquatch got his heart ripped out by Snowbird when he was revealed to be one of the Seven Great Beasts! That was insane.

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2019 1:33 PM

"Women are sadistic, get drunk with power-much more than men and don’t know how to deal with it.".

Nothing and no one is more sadistic, violent, vicious, vindictive and duplicitous than men are. There isn't a society in this world where men don't commit the vast majority of crimes. Men make up the vast majority of child rapists and so on, but don't let your simple minded misogyny get in the way of facts, you dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39August 22, 2019 1:45 PM

If anyone wants to be actually sane about this or any topic involving humans it must be acknowledged that once someone becomes an adult they have a choice.

As a child there is nothing you can do.

As an adult if you make no effort to free yourself then you are getting something out of the dysfunction whether you want to admit it or not. If you weren't then you wouldn't stay swirling around in a toxic mess.

At the very least you can blame all your failures/problems on the other person.

by Anonymousreply 40August 22, 2019 1:51 PM

r28 just dropped in from another dimension and has no knowledge of the entirety of human history.

by Anonymousreply 41August 22, 2019 1:54 PM

Liberace had a Polish mother and an Italian father. Could there be a better combinatia for sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 42August 22, 2019 2:00 PM

Tennessee Williams had a bad mother, but at least she provided fodder for art.

by Anonymousreply 43August 22, 2019 2:25 PM

C'mon, give us a smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 22, 2019 2:35 PM

R39 just wait.

by Anonymousreply 45August 22, 2019 2:46 PM

What happened to behind every successful man is a vadge and so on.

by Anonymousreply 46August 22, 2019 3:01 PM

The Duke of Windsor's problem was at least equally, if not much more, his cruel, overbearing father. And if you think Wallis destroyed him, you are entirely wrong. All the evidence is that she was just your average social climber having a bit of a fling with the Prince, and that Mr Simpson was the partner she really wanted. Both Simpsons were allegedly horrified, when David ascended the throne, to learn that he didn't intend to end the affair. They wrote each other affectionate letters all their lives.

Just remember while you're at it in this thread that mothers who are destructive of their sons are able to do it because the father either scarpered and left the kid/s with a mother he couldn't deal with himself, or stood by and did nothing to stop it. (Fathers who died may be excused.) Men are much better than women at letting each other off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 47August 22, 2019 3:23 PM

J. Edgar Hoover

by Anonymousreply 48August 22, 2019 3:57 PM

It’s the Red Vadge of Courage r46 !

by Anonymousreply 49August 22, 2019 6:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 22, 2019 6:50 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor were a beard arrangement, same as Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 51August 22, 2019 6:53 PM

Richard Carpenter by his mother, Agnes. Poor Karen never stood a chance.

by Anonymousreply 52August 22, 2019 6:59 PM

The term 'alpha' applied to human relations is risible.

Only psychologically unsound people view things like this.

by Anonymousreply 53August 22, 2019 7:08 PM

r53: Mary!

by Anonymousreply 54August 22, 2019 7:10 PM

Mia and Ronan. You bitches are slippIng.

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2019 1:16 AM

Loony Barbara Baekeland and her son come to mind. But usually it's men with domineering and controlling fathers who tend to be the biggest basket cases in all honesty, even more so than domineering mothers.

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2019 1:25 AM

Don José

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2019 1:32 AM

Shouldn't that be: What are some good examples of men *allowing themselves to be* destroyed by overbearing women?

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2019 1:43 AM

R51, I can't accept that.

Wallis was already quite happy with the husband she had, and had no need to enter into a second bearding arrangement. She was not stupid enough to think that being Queen could ever have been part of the deal.

David, if he needed a beard (I have no views on this) could easily have gone on to choose a woman the BRF would have been able to accept. He clearly either REALLY wanted to get rid of the throne ASAP, or he did have the level of need for her everyone thinks he did. Whether it was sexual or not who really cares; that kind of obsession is not what most of us understand by "bearding".

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2019 2:22 AM

Was Elizabeth "AID$" Taylor the downfall of Richard Burton?

by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2019 8:23 AM

Absolutely. Look at Burton's filmography once he got tangled up with La Liz.

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2019 3:28 PM

Tom Hiddleston and Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2019 11:12 PM

Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2019 11:18 PM

John Kennedy Jr. Owns this thread. His Mother totally controlled him, as did his wife. He is somone who should have been gay. He would have been the world's number one Trophy Boy. His was at the top of the US socially, had an amazing body and cock, a beautiful face and a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2019 11:27 PM

Definitely Rob

by Anonymousreply 65August 30, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote]Men Destroyed by Alpha Females

OP, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 66August 30, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote] His was at the top of the US socially,

His what was??

by Anonymousreply 67August 30, 2019 10:33 PM

I guess she helped his career, but Danny Kaye supposedly had an EXTREMELY controlling wife (Sylvia Fine) who was very invested in how he was presented in films ... even down to having his costar Barbara Bates almost eliminated from THE INSPECTOR GENERAL.

The actress eventually killed herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 30, 2019 10:42 PM

R36, Dahmer’s mother wasn’t domineering, she fucked off on him and moved away with her new husband. He lived alone for his last year of high school.

by Anonymousreply 69August 30, 2019 10:51 PM

I loved Sante Kimes! As a villain, of course.

She was profiled on 60 minutes and protested being called a “grifter”, saying she lived in various places for extended periods. She was pretending to not know the word “grifter”, confusing it with the word “drifter”. I thought she was being too clever by half, but obviously people fell for her schtick.

She was like a real Cruella DeVille.

by Anonymousreply 70August 30, 2019 11:03 PM

The Cody boys from Oceanside, Ca

Andrew

Craig

Baz

Deran

and Joshua!

by Anonymousreply 71August 30, 2019 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!