Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Restaurant owner in Albania goes crazy after Spanish tourists decide to cancel their order

Girlfriend is hardcore. 😵

[quote]Tourist group ordered lunch, it was being delayed, they wanted to cancel it and leave. The owner started threatening the group with a knife and then chased them while they were driving. During the video there's another car with the restaurant owner's friends chasing the tourist car. The driver and the guide are Albanian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2019 9:26 PM

The Minister of Tourism apologised to them in person and they will finish their vacation there.

The crazed owner was arrested and his business suspended. To no one's surprise, he has strong ties to the Albanian mafia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2019 8:06 PM

I'm afraid of all the Albanian doormen in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2019 8:09 PM

What the fuck is going on in that video??!

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2019 8:11 PM

What kind of a Yelp review do you think they got?

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 8:24 PM

r4 I don't know, but here's their TripAdvisor site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 8:27 PM

It’s like a scene from The Terminator! Nothing will stop him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2019 8:29 PM

Am I a horrible person for laughing my ass off watching this?

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 8:39 PM

I apologize for the behavior of my PASSION!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2019 8:43 PM

R7 why did you find it funny?

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2019 8:44 PM

OMG! That guys is seriously mentally ill! All over a cancelled food order??!

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2019 8:45 PM

r10 Disrespect is a huge no-no in the mafia and I guess this incident was just the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2019 8:48 PM

I once gave a talk at an European institution where representatives of over thirty European countries were present. In the discussion about a certain topic (rehabilitation and reintegration of prisoners), the representative from Albania acknowledged with resignation that it's very difficult in Albania because they still have such a strong tradition of blood vengeance.

I have talked to a few Albanian prisoners who referred to the Kanun of Lekë Dukagjini, a medieval set of laws which is often the basis for these vendettas.

From what I've personally seen of the Western Balkans, it's a very beautiful region with a lot of very nice people in it but, in some regards, they still live according to very archaic rules.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2019 8:58 PM

Is the T-1000 the older one on the left in r1's photo?

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2019 8:59 PM

"Disrespect is a huge no-no in the mafia..."

FFS, it's not like one of them screwed his teenage daughter on the floor of the restaurant. I mean, if a cancelled order is now considered "disrespect" by the mafia, they sure have turned into fragile little snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2019 9:01 PM

r13 Funny but no, that's a photo of them meeting the Minister after the incident.

r14 I should have said "perceived disrespect". The smallest things are triggers in their warped arrogant minds. And like I said, this incident was probably just the last straw for his meltdown. Of course it had more to do with who knows what mafia business he had going on on the side at the time.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2019 9:07 PM

There's no excuse, but I wonder how long the lunch order was "delayed." I can see a restaurant owner being upset if an order was timely prepared and the customer changes their mind and doesn't want to pay. However, if the customer is waiting for an inordinately long time, is hungry, and wants to go somewhere else, then I can see wanting to leave the restaurant.

I skipped through the video, but there was blood on the windshield. That restaurant guy was unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2019 9:14 PM

Be careful where you go when on vacation....

Gigi Hadid posted something about getting robbed in Greeze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2019 9:17 PM

* Greece, not Greeze

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2019 9:18 PM

To be fair, the restaurant owner thought they ordered The Dance Of The Seven Veals and those things tend to loads of prep time.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 12:04 AM

**tend to require loads of prep time.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Damn, hell hath no fury like an embarrassed Albanian government.

[quote]Follow up: The restaurant, whose owner made it to the front page chasing tourists on the hood of their car last week, is being demolished due to lack of license and tax evasion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2019 9:03 PM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

[quote] Albania bulldozes restaurant after owner attacks tourists

Tirana (AFP) - Albanian officials on Wednesday razed a beachfront restaurant whose owner was captured on camera attacking a car rented by Spanish tourists, as the country scrambles to clean up its reputation as a burgeoning holiday destination.

The incident, filmed by the victims' tour guide from inside their vehicle, took place at the weekend in Porto-Palermo on the Ionian coast in southern Albania, a popular tourist spot.

The viral video shows the restaurateur punching through the windshield of the vehicle and ripping the glass while he clings to the bonnet for several minutes as the tourists drive away.

The restaurant owner, 51-year-old Mihal Kokedhima, was arrested and faces trial for "verbally assaulting a group of Spanish tourists for futile reasons", damaging their car and causing minor injuries, police said.

According to local media reports, the tourists were not happy with the service at the restaurant and left after the owner became aggressive.

Kokedhima told the court the Spaniards had tried to leave without paying.

During their probe, officials found that his restaurant "Panorma" had been built without an official permit three years ago and that no taxes were ever paid.

On Wednesday, a demolition team bulldozed the restaurant perched above the white beach and azure waters.

Albanian officials apologised to the Spanish tourists while Prime Minister Edi Rama condemned "the barbarian who attacked our Spanish friends (and) violated the sacred code of Albanian hospitality".

One of the Spanish tourists replied in a video posted online that "one man does not represent a whole country" and promised to return someday.

Since it emerged from communism in the 1990s, Albania has slowly become a destination for cheap and adventurous travel in Europe, drawing visitors to its long coastline and dramatic mountains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2019 9:08 PM

There were 5 people in the car, and one idiot on the windshield.

Why didn't they just get out of the car, and stomp him in the face?

If that happened in the US, that Albanian guy would have been crushed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2019 9:16 PM

He was wielding a knife the entire time. Do you know just how much damage a person can do with a knife? Why risk it?

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2019 9:18 PM

Slam on your brakes, and let him fly off of the car's hood.

Done.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote]If that happened in the US, that Albanian guy would have been crushed.

Luckily, it wasn't in the US, and so the innocent people got away unharmed and the guy got arrested. In short, an ideal resolution. What's with this bloodlust retribution fantasies some people have?

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote] What's with this bloodlust retribution fantasies some people have?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

That's the way it works.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2019 9:24 PM

The people in the car don't sound Spanish.

They're not speaking Spanish.

It almost sounds Portugese.

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2019 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!