Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Are Fat Women Being Pushed on Us, But Fat Men Are Still Shamed?

If all is equal why don’t we throw some fat, “body positive” men into fashion ads?

Me thinks it’s because hypocritical women want to look like Chrissy Metz and expect that Brad Pitt will fuck them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 19, 2019 8:48 PM

Uhm... Bears 🐻

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2019 3:22 PM

There's also the related question of why gluttony and laziness are being made acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2019 3:23 PM

Gunt City

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2019 3:24 PM

Because fat men are too chickenshit to speak up for themselves and try to get some acceptance?

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 3:24 PM

[quote]Me thinks it’s because hypocritical women want to look like Chrissy Metz and expect that Brad Pitt will fuck them.

The sad thing is, he would.

My co-worker makes Chrissy look anorexic, but her boyfriend looks like Chris Meloni.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 3:26 PM

Yes, Brad is just racing after Chrissy dying to pull open 18 flaps of skin to lick her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2019 3:31 PM

Did you ever watch the video for Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass"? It's supposed to be about body positivity for women and loving themselves and their "curves", yet it has a fat MAN (and a probable gay one at that) doing silly dance moves for comic relief. Such hypocrisy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 3:33 PM

Because the average sized American woman is a 14-16, they are the majority and their image has been hidden from marketing. I'm an American woman of the size 6-8 range, and although I appreciate the diversity of sizes sometimes, for people to allow themselves to become so large, when it's unhealthy to do so, I don't like images of large/obese women in underwear being tossed in my face as something beautiful and to aspire to. Basically saying it's ok to be obese and you can still be "sexy" and we're underwear in ads for the world to see. I'm seeing very large women in yoga poses and attire in surprising places, but it's still very unattractive to me. I don't even like seeing the size 00-2 women in yoga clothes because they have starved themselves to be that small.

Size politics is disturbing enough as it is with extreme sizes, both too small and way too large, are being marketed as normal.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2019 3:41 PM

If I was that heavy, I would have type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension. Sorry, but bad health and needing to be on tons of medications for fat-related problems is not sexy whether you are a man or a woman.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2019 3:43 PM

R7, don't forget Megan Trainor became really skinny after that video. Or, at least she tried to be. I guess body positivity is only a tool, not a "state of mind" like some fat people want to promote it as.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2019 3:45 PM

R8, what's even worse is that is that there are even people who are now saying that you can be fat and healthy at the same time. NO, you cannot. Being fat will eventually catch up to you.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2019 3:46 PM

Hey bitches, I just got the all you can eat Lifetime Olive Garden pass! Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2019 3:49 PM

Fat women are a huge and a (oy) expanding market. There's money to be paid in pandering to fat women!

Most fat men don't really notice that they're fat, or at least the straight ones don't. So you can't really appeal to them through marketing.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2019 3:49 PM

Because straight guys run everything and they like to fuck women, some of them like fucking fat women.

So there you go.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote] I would have type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension

. . . and major knee, back, foot, spine and breathing problems. Normalizing people with poor health habits is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2019 3:53 PM

I am confused as to why a gay "man" like yourself would care what women do.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2019 4:01 PM

R16 Frau incest Survivor

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2019 4:02 PM

No fat women allowed at Gap in 2002.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2019 4:04 PM

R17= another lifeless gay "man" My goodness, you're way too into women's business for a "man"

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2019 4:05 PM

It's because fat women buy lots of shit.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2019 4:05 PM

R19 calling my masculinity into question doesn’t bother me, but I bet your Daddy pounded your lil pussy too early and you’ve been grinding your gears over it for a long time. Get therapy, Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2019 4:08 PM

Yep, the fatties buy like crazy since they aren't getting enough man meat.

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Fat women have $$$ and they are a HUGE demographic now!

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2019 4:12 PM

R23, you just copied what R20 said.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote] calling my masculinity into question doesn’t bother me,

Honey, who are you kidding? Of course, you care. Deeply. And I'm sorry you got issues there, but concocting bizarre theories about strange women won't help you. Maybe therapy will.

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2019 4:13 PM

Piss off R24

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2019 4:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2019 4:18 PM

R26, stupid copycat. Yuch!

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2019 4:20 PM

The politically correct term is "Person of Size".

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2019 4:20 PM

R25 Deeply. You got anything original?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2019 4:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2019 4:24 PM

"I celebrate my curvy sisters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2019 4:26 PM

Nobody likes a lardo......

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2019 4:31 PM

I worked with a woman some years ago and she was about 3/4ths of a Chrissy Metz. She was in her early 20's and would make mean comments on this other woman who had to take time off due to an autoimmune disease, saying how unhealthy this woman was because she was skinny, how it was a lie people wanted everyone to believe that fat was unhealthy, and that it was just fat phobia. The weird thing was she was obsessed with the show America's Next Top Model, she was always wanting to talk about it. She claimed to be in perfect health, but you could hear her wheezing and heaving with any kind of exertion.

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2019 4:32 PM

OP, it's the opposite. Fat women don't expect Brad Pitt to fuck them but fat and ugly men go on mass shooting sprees if women don't pay attention to them

Fat men like Trump think they're hot, and go around accusing others of being fat

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2019 4:32 PM

OP hasn't heard of incels if he thinks women are the ones with unrealistic expectations

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2019 4:34 PM

As opposed to dataloungers who obsess over fat women like Chrissy Metz but rarely insult fat men?

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2019 4:36 PM

R16 LOL

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2019 4:39 PM

R37 - you haven't been here long - fat men get talked about here all the time. Even 20 pounds overweight.

Every fat person I've met had (obviously) issues with food but had no concept of nutrition, calories or portion sizes. And they rationalized (to illogical degrees) their food intake all the time.

Lastly, they make this all or nothing argument about 'life isn't worth living if I can have a cheeseburger now and then'. Bullshit - no one is saying that .

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Fat people are a gift to Big Pharma, gotta keep growing the markets!

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2019 4:44 PM

"you haven't been here long - fat men get talked about here all the time. Even 20 pounds overweight."

I can't think of any fat male celebrities that DLers obsess over like Chrissy Metz. She's C-list but you talk more about her than most A-listers.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2019 4:48 PM

I think this is all about #metoo and women feeling comfortable in their own bodies that have never met Madison Avenue standards. Also, as we have embraced diversity we have learned that other races and ethnic groups have different standards of what is considered a sexy body. Spanish Men, black men, Italian men have long preferred women with a little extra and the gay ones prefer their men with a little extra.

Being at a healthy weight for your height is preferred. But at the same time you shouldn't be embarrassed and become a shut in if you're not.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2019 4:52 PM

What are you talking about. Fat men are not shamed. They've never been shamed. Traditionally men have been allowed to be fat, while women were expected to be no bigger than 120 pounds. A look at film/television casting shows the double standard. On sitcoms and in film, fat men are often paired with very thin, beautiful women.

The only really large women to be cast in television and film are Roseanne Barr, Melissa McCarthy, and Ricki Lake. But there are tons (no pun intended) of famous fat men.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2019 4:54 PM

r8, you sound boring and you're just jealous that these girls are fat and still able to get some. That's what this thread is, a bunch of jealous people who are conventionally attractive (probably only marginally, though) but still struggle to find happiness and jealous of fat people comfortable in their skin. It's like, "how dare they?"

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2019 4:55 PM

I love R35, who is telling it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Just as an FYI, none of the women in that photo are a size 14/16. They are much bigger (except the handicapable one in the chair).

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2019 4:59 PM

It's the fault of Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote] What are you talking about. Fat men are not shamed. They've never been shamed.

Exactly. And most straight men who are fat and/or ugly have little difficulty landing a woman who is significantly more attractive and/or fit.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2019 5:02 PM

Some straight men prefer fat women. Even handsome, fit, intelligent men. Perhaps their very loving mothers were the same size, Or they want a super busty woman and there's much less competition for the heavyset ones. Others are convinced very fat women are wilder in bed and much more open to fetishes and kink, doing everything possible sexually to please their man.

There's also the belief that large women are more loyal and will put up with more bad behavior from their partners.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2019 5:05 PM

I think society is more sympathetic to morbidly obese women because of the notion that is way easier for men to lose weight. People think its hard for women to lose weight after 30 especially if she has had kids. With that being said, with morbidly obese there is usually a medical condition involved and not just bad diet/exercise; thats why I never make fun of the morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2019 5:06 PM

There is a world of difference between talking about morbidly obese Chrissy Metz and women who are plus size. The comments here about Chrissy are because there is truly no financial impediment to her being a healthier weight. Instead she has put on more weight.

A chef and trainer and psychologist are well within her financial means.

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote] And most straight men who are fat and/or ugly have little difficulty landing a woman who is significantly more attractive and/or fit.

That used to be the case, but not as much anymore. I see more and more big women with hot guys than the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2019 5:08 PM

Why is the skinny crippled one in the pic with all of these Size 22-to-26s? She can't walk but she's not fat.

Is that Rachel Dolaenaz or water her name is seated at the right in her cultural appropriation?

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2019 5:09 PM

r43 is correct. Look at the "fat guy, skinny wife" sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2019 5:11 PM

Because fat men don't buy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2019 5:15 PM

The whole world is being controlled by political correctness. We are not allowed to have any opinions that might hurt someone’s feelings. So despite having a dislike for obesity we aren’t allowed to express it and are expected to feel guilty for our feelings. And obese women are being shoved down our throats as a result. Nobody has to remain obese these days all kinds of treatments, and those who do are usually hiding from other failures in life and blaming their size. If they lose the weight -what will they blame?

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2019 5:16 PM

r56, you are allowed to have opinions, and people are allowed to call you out on having those opinions. No one is putting you in jail for your opinions. It's really funny to see gay men whining about "political correctness" since the Republicans who whine about "political correctness" think pro-gay opinions are politically correct. They dismissed gay marriage as "political correctnes"

No one is shoving "obese women" down your throat. No one is forcing you to like them. But some of us wonder why you have so much hostility towards obese women but not obese men. Some might wonder why a person who is part of a hated group (gays) is so lacking in empathy towards others.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2019 5:21 PM

[quote]A chef and trainer and psychologist are well within her financial means.

How much do you think she makes? She is a working actor. She's on a hit show, but she isn't making a million dollars an episode.

[quote]The whole world is being controlled by political correctness. We are not allowed to have any opinions that might hurt someone’s feelings.

That's bullshit. No one is stopping you from having your opinions. And no one is ramming anything down your throat. Say what you want, just don't "get your feelings hurt" if there are repercussions to what you say.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2019 5:21 PM

I'm no body fascist, but it seems like all that energy spent trying to convince everyone to appreciate your fatness might be spent trying to be less fat. Kind of a twofer, no?

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2019 5:25 PM

Amen, r58. So sick of the Republicans here who don't have any self-awareness. They are using the same language as conservatives who think gay issues are being "shoved down our throat"

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2019 5:25 PM

R58 - she makes $250,000 per episode. She's not working for SAG daily minimums. If you don't think you could hire a personal trainer, someone to cook nutritious meals, and someone to listen and help you with your issues on that 'meager' salary, then I can't convince you of anything.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2019 5:29 PM

Who cares if she wants to hire a personal trainer or not? And, btw, hiring a trainer doesn't magically make you thin.

Perhaps if people like you and r59 spent more mental energy attacking homophobes and Trump fans than you do attacking people who aren't hurting anyone, you might actually do some good in this world.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote] But some of us wonder why you have so much hostility towards obese women but not obese men

Because these haters see these fat women with hot men and are jealous. Seeing beautiful women with hot men is bad enough, but seeing them with fat women is like spitting in their face.

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2019 5:33 PM

Some prescription drugs cause weight gain like Amitriptyline.

Some people should go on a low-fat, Asian diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2019 5:33 PM

R61, be reasonable. How much of that does she take home? After taxes and agent and manager fees, she probably takes home $125K an episode. She has bills and there is the cost of living in LA, saving for retirement. A personal chef is at least $60K a year.

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2019 5:34 PM

Fat men don't buy bras.

Fat men buy a bag of 6 BVD boxers and they're done with their underwear shopping for the year. They don't buy thongs, bikini underwear, boy shorts, lacy red panties, teddys, bathrobes for summer and winter, long pajamas, pajama short sets, crotch less panties.

Fat men don't buy makeup.

Fat men buy a bottle of Suave hair and body waah and that's their grooming routine. They don't buy shampoo with Argan oil, coconut oil, jojoba, placenta, dandruff shampoo that is used a few times a year in the itchy months. They don't buy $32 rinse -out hair condition, $21 leave-in Haus conditioner, "special treatment conditioner." They don't bleach or dye or straighten or curl their hair. They don't use 5 different size hot irons. They don't go to the salon for Brazilian hair treatments or hair extensions.

Fat men wash their face and they're done within skin care. They don't buy after-shower body lotion, body lotion for bedtime, Shea body lotion to take to work with them and slather on their arms, vanilla bean lotion at Christmas, grapefruit lotion in summer, skin sloughing treatment for foot calluses, special socks for bed to keep the foot lotion from rubbing off

. They don't buy biore strips for their noses, anti-wrinkle cream, daytime facial moisturiser with SPF, nail polish, nail remover, nail glue, nails, eyelash curlers, eyelash glue, eyelashes.

Fat men wear a pair of brown shoes, a pair of black shoes and one or two pair of athletic shoes. They don't buy high heels, medium heels, flats in various colours, flip flop sandals in 7 different styles, platforms, wedges,and 8 pair of sneakers in various shades of black, gray and white.

Are you getting the picture, OP?

Dresses, skirts, capris, tees in 14 colours, cardigan sweaters, pullover sweaters, cashmere, pashminas, 12 baseball caps, matching winter hat, glove & scarf sets, pumpkin latte flavour lip balm...

Why would advertisers pursue fat men?

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2019 5:34 PM

R65 - are you fucking serious? So she takes home over $2 mil a year just from the show alone. Who knows what the residual agreement is and what other appearance fees and work she gets.

You don't have to hire 3 full-time people. These resources may cost $3-5K a month, maximum, and that's on the far high end.

You can't say she can't afford the help she needs. Sorry. Just like I had no sympathy for James Gandolfini - and we all know what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2019 5:43 PM

Chrissy Metz can’t afford a trainer, she blows her $2m+ salary at Golden Corral.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2019 5:47 PM

r67 doesn't have sympathy for fat people but probably has sympathy for people who smoke all day, drink too much, bake in tanning beds......

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote]Because fat men are too chickenshit to speak up for themselves and try to get some acceptance?

More like:

- Men don't enjoy playing victim as much as women.

- Men know that if they speak up on not being attractive to women, all they'll get is vicious mockery. That happened a few years ago with geeky men. Only women can go on TV and whine about not attracting partners without having social media eviscerate them.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2019 5:54 PM

Rich people who smoke can afford nicotine patches

Rich people who get skin cancer can afford sunscreen

Rich people who drink can afford AA

Rich druggies can afford drug treatment

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2019 5:55 PM

r5 That happened.🙄

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2019 5:55 PM

" Men don't enjoy playing victim as much as women."

Or - SHOCKER! - fashion layouts are aimed at women and not men

"Only women can go on TV and whine about not attracting partners without having social media eviscerate them."

Men don't just expect to get "partners" but ones they think are hot. And if they don't get them, they go on mass murder sprees

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2019 5:57 PM

Fat men have never been shamed in the straight world.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2019 5:59 PM

FAT!

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2019 6:02 PM

[quote]Or - SHOCKER! - fashion layouts are aimed at women and not men

Have you checked who controls the fashion world, sweetie?

The fashion world goes wherever gay men go. If gay men enjoyed playing the victim of thin-cispatriarchy, there would be a fat movement for men, too. But there isn't because men - gay or straight - don't enjoy mulling obsessively on the wrongs they're subjected to in public in search for sympathy.

[quote]Men don't just expect to get "partners" but ones they think are hot. And if they don't get them, they go on mass murder sprees

See? Maybe if men enjoyed the female privilege of having their pathetic concerns about dating taken seriously, there would be fewer shooting sprees.

NO👏PITY👏FESTS👏FOR👏WOMEN👏ONLY!

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2019 6:02 PM

R74 - totally true. Marlon Brando, Chris Christie, Jonah Hill, Val Kilmer, James Corden - none of them have ever had anyone comment about their weight or say anything negative about them.

The mental gymnastics some of you go through on this thread is exhausting. Men don't get a free pass. Women are held to a different standard, but to say that men live in this fantasy world where they aren't judged is just fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2019 6:06 PM

r76, most people who read fashion magazines are straight women, not gay men. Plenty of men enjoy playing the victim, that is why you and your fellow loons started the Men's Rights Activist movement, where you and your fellow right-wing, anti-Feminist, Trump-loving incel assholes can complain about how hard men have it. The vast majority of all murderers in the world are committed by men, so why are you trying to blame "the culture" for the fact that men are far more violent than women?

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2019 6:06 PM

r77, just compare the number of posts here to the number of posts here about Metz about any of those guys. People talk way more about her than those guys, despite the fact that she is C-list. But you guys give her more attention than most A-listers.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2019 6:07 PM

I have never known of a horny straight man turning down a woman for sex because she was too fat. In college, I was in a fraternity. The fat girls got just as much dick as everyone else. Go to any mall in the US and watch all the big gals with hot guys.

Let's be honest here. Skinny straight white women and white gay men are the only ones who are obsessed about weight. Everybody else just deals with it.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2019 6:14 PM

R79 - but compare to the thread about the rich Matthew Perry and his fucked up drug life and bloated body. Comparable and for the same reason, albeit different vices.

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote][R76], most people who read fashion magazines are straight women, not gay men.

That's irrelevant to the point I was making, that it's gay men who control the fashion world. And if gay men wanted, there would be a fat male movement in the fashion world as well.

[quote]Plenty of men enjoy playing the victim, that is why you and your fellow loons started the Men's Rights Activist movement

Which is nowhere as large as the feminist movement, so suck it. Victim playing is still a largely female business.

[quote] where you and your fellow right-wing, anti-Feminist, Trump-loving incel assholes can complain about how hard men have it.

Yeah, it's not like men are most of the victims of violence, and most of those employed in dangerous or physically exploitative professions were male, is it? It's not like men were discriminated against in higher education programs despite already being in the minority of university students, or that they were more likely to die earlier but forced to retire later, is it? And it's not like men were more likely to get heavier penalties than women for the same offenses, and so forth, is it?

Oh wait, it is. For every single one of those issues.

[quote]The vast majority of all murderers in the world are committed by men

So are the vast majority of victims of violence, the vast majority of scientific and artistic geniuses, the vast majority of inventors, the vast majority of Fields medalists, the vast majority of firefighters and other pro-social risk takers, and so forth.

We'd be living in mounds of turd of civilization had been left to the care of women.

Yet we live in a culture where little gashes like you are allowed to dump on all men for one single stat you brought up, while men are not allowed to recognize, let alone celebrate, all of the stats I mentioned.

And honey, you're in a gay forum. You don't get to play the victim here because we're oppressed than you, and we're less violent as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2019 6:19 PM

Lots of fat Fraus posting here

by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote] - Men don't enjoy playing victim as much as women.

Sure they do. They do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2019 6:26 PM

R70, R73, Would you like links to many online sites where Incel ie fat and/or unattractive men whine non-stop about Chads and Black men "stealing" all of of the hot women? Most fat women are more realistic by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2019 6:26 PM

R85 whining on a random message board is different than being in billboards plastered up and on every talk show... so yes these fat cunts are being shoved down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2019 6:28 PM

Fat men are getting shamed more, probably because of social media, shirtless shredded Insta hos, actors in superhero roles, and our current "culture" of vanity and selfies. Still, it doesn't equal the crap fat women get and have been getting for a long time. Society hasn't changed that much: women are valued for their looks while men are valued for their social status/bank account.

They made "dad bod" an excuse, but I've never heard anyone say "mom bod".

Another thing: vanity sizing has been used for women's clothes for decades. To make fat guys feel better, vanity sizing is common now in men's clothes. With some brands, a man's shirt, size extra small, would have been a size medium 15 years ago. Today's large was yesteryear's XXL.

What's with the obsession over Chrissy Metz on DL? Yes, she's terribly unhealthy. I suppose some fat women look up to her because she's on a hit tv show, but that doesn't mean she'll still be relevant after that show ends. I doubt she'll have longevity. She is today's flavor and I think that flavor is boiled tripe.

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2019 6:30 PM

Isn't that a redneck thing though R5, where the women are the size Macy's parade floats and the men are still as skinny as 14 year old boys with 26 inch waists?

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2019 6:33 PM

R86, Sorry I don't watch TV anymore and all of the billboards in my city are of very thin, super sexy women.

Perhaps we should be complaining about the entitled generation which cannot understand true competition for the most attractive partners.

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2019 6:35 PM

R87 - agree with men's vanity sizing. I'm 6'2" and 200 and I often wear a medium now. It's ridiculous. If I put on an XL, I'm swimming in it.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2019 6:36 PM

The vanity sizing for men was because how many Xs could they keep adding on? I mean at some point they would have had to make it IVL:

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2019 6:38 PM

Why don’t they just do meth like we do??!!

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2019 6:42 PM

Metz' Jesus movie was a "hit" with Xtians. Plus, she gets paid to go on those horrible game shows as well as talk shows and other appearances.

She's rich and can afford to be slim now.

by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]No one is shoving "obese women" down your throat.

Yes you are. Just like fat women shove doughnuts down their throats.

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2019 6:44 PM

If it weren't for black men, fat white bitches would never get fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2019 6:48 PM

If it weren't for black men, fat white bitches would never get fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2019 6:48 PM

R91: Apparently, 4XL is not the upper limit. The website below offers sizes up to 8XL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 18, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]Yes you are. Just like fat women shove doughnuts down their throats.

How so, weirdo? Is somebody forcing you to fuck a fat chick? Do you spend your time viewing advertisements aimed at women? Are you incapable of ignoring things you find displeasing?

by Anonymousreply 98August 18, 2019 6:53 PM

To be fair - an 8XL in UK is like an XXXL in US.

by Anonymousreply 99August 18, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote]Are you incapable of ignoring things you find displeasing?

No, because I put you on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 100August 18, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote] Yet we live in a culture where little gashes like you are allowed to dump on all men for one single stat you brought up, while men are not allowed to recognize, let alone celebrate, all of the stats I mentioned.

Are you kidding? Men pump themselves up all the time. And the vast majority of men are mediocrities who will die with no accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 101August 18, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]Men don't just expect to get "partners" but ones they think are hot. And if they don't get them, they go on mass murder sprees

This statement is ludicrous considering that the number of mass shooters relative to the number of men is so minuscule.

by Anonymousreply 102August 18, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]What's with the obsession over Chrissy Metz on DL?

It's more of a fascination with her growing size despite the earlier articles that she was contracted to lose weight. It's like a freak show and hard to look away. That and how the media speaks about her as though she is very desirable, if they were more honest I think people wouldn't make fun so much.

by Anonymousreply 103August 18, 2019 6:57 PM

^^^R101

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 18, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote]The whole world is being controlled by political correctness.

Sure, dude. That's why we were forced to elect our first female president instead of a racist, misogynist pigman ... oh, wait.

[quote] We are not allowed to have any opinions that might hurt someone’s feelings. So despite having a dislike for obesity we aren’t allowed to express it and are expected to feel guilty for our feelings.

Not allowed? Have you been tossed in jail for having hurtful thoughts about fat women? Does your mommy give you a spanking when you make jokes about Chrissy Metz? Or are you basically just whining because the world doesn't rush to embrace and applaud you every time you express some asinine opinion?

by Anonymousreply 105August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote]What's with the obsession over Chrissy Metz on DL?

She's the 1000 pound gorilla in the room. She's massively overweight yet no one ever seems to mention that she's a huge fat blob. Everyone who interviews her acts as if she's a beautiful normal healthy weight, rather than acknowledge that she's as a big as a house.

by Anonymousreply 106August 18, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote] No, because I put you on ignore

Well, that was a good first step. Now if you can grow up and learn to mentally do the same when an image of a scantily clad fat woman is in your vicinity, you may no longer have to feel like fat women are being shoved down your throat.

by Anonymousreply 107August 18, 2019 7:03 PM

Ah, I see. It's like the media talking about how beautiful Gisele Bündchen is when she's harsh and mannish in the face, especially compared to earlier supermodels like Paulina Porizkova.

Thank you for the explanation, R103!

by Anonymousreply 108August 18, 2019 7:05 PM

^^^R107 typing between bites

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Yep, r104, you're certainly making my point for me.

by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2019 7:07 PM

Someone should make a point R110 since you haven't.

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote] [R107] typing between bites

r109 = tediously predictable. And, LOL, I knew you were too childish to actually put me on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2019 7:12 PM

Male or female, I wish overweight people would buy two seats when flying.

Last week I got stuck sitting next to a whale who farted the entire flight. I feel bad for people who are morbidly obese because they obviously have a lot to deal with, but they need to take responsibility for their size. Those seats are already crammed as it is.

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2019 7:15 PM

r113, why don't you pay for business or first class?

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2019 7:18 PM

Because I can fit in a coach seat. That is, unless, I get seated next to someone who is morbidly obese and literally spreads into my seat. You are not a "victim" because you are morbidly obese, r114. Nobody forced that food into your mouth. Stop punishing people because you don't have self control. Take responsibility for your size and buy two seats when you fly. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2019 7:27 PM

I don't agree with your R115. You need to take up your problem with the airlines who have made it so that even thin people are uncomfortable in coach seats. If someone is spilling over into your seat, then talk to flight attendant about moving or ask for some compensation from the airline. You are misplacing blame.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2019 7:30 PM

Because fat is still considered feminine, so women can get away with it.

Men can't.

Note the comment at R19. Anything relating to women isn't acceptable, and fat is feminine.

by Anonymousreply 117August 18, 2019 7:31 PM

Oh, I agree that airlines need to implement sizing requirements for customers. If your carry-on can only be so many inches, the same should apply to your ass. But asking a flight attendant to be re-seated on a packed flight is laughable. Obese people KNOW they cannot fit in these seats and, yet, they have no problem making those around them uncomfortable (and then ordering the family-size peanut m&ms to chomp on during the flight).

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2019 7:35 PM

It’s ironic that the one woman in OP’s photo who doesn’t have full range of motion to exercise is the thin one.

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2019 7:36 PM

You hide your eating R112? That's so sad.

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2019 7:42 PM

R116 is right R115. Don't blame fatties for being fat, blame the airlines for not making XXXL seats.

by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2019 7:43 PM

I just don't care that much about whether or not fat women are in ads. I don't know who makes the decisions but it's not me.

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2019 7:47 PM

There are fat guys all over the media. Actors, comedians, pundits, singers, you name it.

This reminds me of the guy over in the "waah, I'm too old for this world" thread who apparently thinks only women's shoes make noise on uncarpeted floors.

You only see what you want to see. Especially when you're hateful, hungover troll.

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2019 7:48 PM

The airlines have decided that if you want any kind of halfway decent experience, you are going to have to pay for it. This is why I always fly first or business. I realize that isn't an option for everyone, but in this instance you get what you pay for. After 9/11 can you even purchase two seats in the same name?

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote]The whole world is being controlled by political correctness. We are not allowed to have any opinions that might hurt someone’s feelings. So despite having a dislike for obesity we aren’t allowed to express it

Yeah, I totally remember that time the government rounded up everyone who put "no fats" in their profiles. We never saw those poor persecuted men again. And also the FBI -- who have just changed their name to The PC Thought Police -- are coming to your door RIGHT NOW because you said something that is not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2019 7:55 PM

Yes, it is absolutely possible. Airlines suggest in their guidelines that obese customers buy two seats and some provide a discount for the second seat in this event. But enforcement depends on the gate agents and flight staff. Again, why should thin people have to buy a first-class seat? Shouldn't the obese person be required to do this?

by Anonymousreply 126August 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Many airlines have the "armrest" rule. You have to buy an extra seat if you cannot comfortably sit with the armrests lowered.

by Anonymousreply 127August 18, 2019 8:03 PM

That's bananas, R97. But at least you got my joke ;l)

As for airlines, this article outlines the various policies in place. No idea how strictly they are enforced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 18, 2019 8:04 PM

R127 - and how do they possibly enforce that pre-boarding? Flights are almost always at 100% capacity.

Sounds great - but it is not enforced.

by Anonymousreply 129August 18, 2019 8:05 PM

Thank you r128.

by Anonymousreply 130August 18, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote]Maybe if men enjoyed the female privilege of having their pathetic concerns about dating taken seriously, there would be fewer shooting sprees.

Jesus. You're a fucking psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 131August 18, 2019 8:10 PM

Fat women eat. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 132August 18, 2019 8:21 PM

You think R132?

I thought it was because they drank a lot of water

by Anonymousreply 133August 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Large and in charge!

by Anonymousreply 134August 18, 2019 8:58 PM

[quote]Let's be honest here. Skinny straight white women and white gay men are the only ones who are obsessed about weight. Everybody else just deals with it.

This is the truest statement I've ever read on Datalounge, and I've been here over 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 135August 19, 2019 2:34 AM

Teenage girls are on the average about 20 pounds heavier than they were 50 years ago. Link offers a naked man and offer truths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 19, 2019 3:36 AM

Because of titties. Fat men's dicks all but disappear in fupa but a woman's get megazord large when they get fatter.

by Anonymousreply 137August 19, 2019 3:47 AM

Because hot women LIKE fat men

by Anonymousreply 138August 19, 2019 12:48 PM

I like big men and have slept with my share of fat guys. That being said, I never have with someone grossly overweight. But I do like a guy to rock some chunk. There are plenty of people in the gay community who are attracted to heavier, bearish guys. I know many women who are like that, too. They don't like skinny. They want their men to have some meat on their bones, and yes, some fat, too. We all like what. we like.

by Anonymousreply 139August 19, 2019 12:59 PM

r139 there is a difference between a bearish guy and a guy who cannot fit into an airplane seat.

by Anonymousreply 140August 19, 2019 1:01 PM

Right now it's hot and sexy to be "thick", for women and men. That simply means you have some extra weight on your body, especially in the ass/thighs area.

The recent internet meltdown over Nick Jonas showing off his fuller figure is a good example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 19, 2019 1:06 PM

No shit, R140. Did you miss my "grossly overweight" statement?

by Anonymousreply 142August 19, 2019 1:07 PM

It's hopeless r140. Datalounge hates fat of any kind, abd no matter how much you qualify your preferences, you'll be treated like you want to fuck a literal whale.

by Anonymousreply 143August 19, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote]And the vast majority of men are mediocrities who will die with no accomplishments.

Vast majority of men don't kill either, which doesn't stop cunts like you from playing victim by shouting stats on murder. I bet the male advantage on mathematical accomplishments is far larger than that on serial killers lists. If you don't want to hear how much more men have contributed to knowledge than women, then spare us the "all men are Ted Bundy" crap.

by Anonymousreply 144August 19, 2019 1:34 PM

[quote]I have never known of a horny straight man turning down a woman for sex because she was too fat. In college, I was in a fraternity...

I've never seen my brother and his buddies with fat women, and they were definitely dudebro types in their youth. Not all straight men treat their dick like they found it in the trash.

by Anonymousreply 145August 19, 2019 1:37 PM

Chrissy Metz isn't just heavy but her body shape looks OFF somehow. Like she doesn't have a chest and it's just all one huge belly.

by Anonymousreply 146August 19, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote] If you don't want to hear how much more men have contributed to knowledge than women, then spare us the "all men are Ted Bundy" crap.

I didn't say all men are Ted Bundy. You just want to pretend all women think that, because it helps you play victim. You're a bore.

by Anonymousreply 147August 19, 2019 3:36 PM

R145, as a former fat girl, I can assure you I enjoyed lots of sex with alpha males; but they didn't take me out in public or home to meet mama. I didn't mind being the last resort as I was coming to terms with my lesbianism and preferred NSA sex with guys.

by Anonymousreply 148August 19, 2019 3:55 PM

r139 that was my point - you say big men but it is all subjective. A 6'6 300 pound guy would be considered bearish but he is not fitting in a coach seat. It is easy for an airline agent to look at a mama june sized woman and go "you need two seats mam" but it is harder in that fluffy to fat stage,.

True story though - airlines really don't have a way of doing it (the two seats things) Every seat must have a name attached to it, FAA rules. We were flying to Europe and it was a 3-5-3 coach section. I could not get upgraded so I was going to buy the middle seat for myself and my partner since it was only 550 dollars versus 4000 to upgrade to first. That way we had extra room for the long flight. The airline told me I could not buy two seats for one person. Each seat had to have a different name on it. I told them I was 600 pounds and needed to buy to seats to be comfortable and the woman laughed and said "we can determine that at the airport if you need to purchase an extra seat but for reservations each seat must have a name attached and it cannot be the same person on two seats." Then she tried to upsell me into first lol.

by Anonymousreply 149August 19, 2019 4:00 PM

I can't think of any current working male actor who needs to have a loveseat brought out for talk show appearances like Chrissy on Kelly and Ryan.

She really should just kill herself.

by Anonymousreply 150August 19, 2019 4:05 PM

R150 the bar stools had to go into storage because they couldn’t hold her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 19, 2019 6:16 PM

R150 -Or- make 1 meal a day a big salad or steamed vegetables with brown rice.

Cut out or gradually minimize sugar.

by Anonymousreply 152August 19, 2019 8:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!