Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete is building a never seen before grassroots movement across the country

His grassroots supporters are virtually his devotees. Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 4:08 AM

[quote] She found her way out of a pound into her forever home with me and my parents in South Bend.

I just determined I can't vote for him unless it's in the general election.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2019 11:54 PM

What's wrong with that sentence, R1?

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2019 11:56 PM

Both he and his dog are cute. Somehow he reminds me of Bjork there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2019 11:57 PM

So the grassroots are posting childhood pictures on Twitter. Yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote] What's wrong with that sentence, R1?

The fact that you can't tell is reason enough not to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2019 12:01 AM

Uh, there's nothing wrong with that sentence.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2019 12:03 AM

Exactly, R6. R5, you may be a grammar Nazi in another language, not English.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 12:06 AM

Awww! Little gayling Pete was adorable!

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2019 12:09 AM

He does look like he could be Bjork's son, r3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2019 12:16 AM

He's building a grassroots movement without any African Americans.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2019 12:18 AM

OP was that picture taken before or after the nanny jumped?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote] a never seen before grassroots movement

Well, maybe once

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2019 12:42 AM

Was that before they killed all of the adults?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2019 1:18 AM

So sad that many people nowadays don't recognize proper grammar or the lack of it.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote]She found her way out of a pound into her forever home with me and my parents in South Bend.

I think grammar Nazi might have preferred "my parents and me".

[quote]the pronouns you use to refer to yourself, such as “me,” and “I,” are different from other pronouns. With those three, put them last in a list, meaning you got it right when you said, “That’s won’t work for Maria and me.” Think of it as a matter of politeness, as if you're opening a door and letting the other person walk through it first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2019 4:29 AM

It's not a grammatical issue, r15. Either works. Grammar Nazi is dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2019 4:37 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2019 5:59 PM

A grassroots movement built around Howard Dean too. People drove across to country to join up. Obama's astroturf built on that. Pete is very smart. I'm sure he's gauging the situation closely.

How long is this nomination thing going to go on anyway? When's the DP convention? We'll see how much momentum grassroots fathers by then.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote] A grassroots movement built around Howard Dean too

And what each movement had in common can be seen in a crowd view of their supporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 1:16 AM

South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg held a self-described grassroots campaign rally in Bronzeville on Tuesday night, but the overwhelmingly white audience he drew to the event in a historic black neighborhood reinforced the difficulty the Democratic presidential hopeful has had in connecting with African American voters.

Buttigieg did not acknowledge the makeup of the audience in his remarks or in answering questions from the 1,000 people at the sold-out event, but did touch on it briefly as he closed the hourlong rally with a plea for his supporters.

“Find the people who don’t look like most of you in this room and let them know they have the chance, not just to support this campaign, but to shape it,” Buttigieg said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 4:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!