Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Trump debate the Democratic Candidate?

I suppose he will as he's fearless.

However, I imagine Trump could troll Biden so hard Biden will slug him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 19, 2019 4:15 AM

He will not debate...he is ignorant and stupid and only knows how to call names.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2019 11:17 PM

Biden is good with prepared responses. Trump will make a fool of him.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2019 11:18 PM

Oh, for the ratings' sake alone, I don't they'd have it any other way.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2019 11:19 PM

The mere thought of Joe Biden whipping that sorry bastard’s ass on live national television made a rush of adrenaline surge through me. It’ll never happen but damn it would be sweet.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2019 11:21 PM

He'll debate and lie.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2019 11:23 PM

he isnt going to make it that long......I think the mooch got it right that trumps poll numbers will be so low he drops out before the democratic convention leaving the republican party in an interesting place....................I know this isnta popular opinion on datalounge as there are a high high percentage of conservative readers.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2019 11:23 PM

If they can get something really good on him, maybe he will resign? He has betrayed all of our friends, been a complete idiot and he burns crosses, what more could he do?

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2019 2:01 AM

Will not get within 100 yards of a debate stage. He had nothing to lose before. If he loses now he'll go from the White House to Prison.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2019 3:12 AM

If he refuses, his base will only love him more ("Jeah! He's rubbing the libtards' FACES in it! Jeah!"

To normal toddlers, adolescents and the adult-adjacents better known as Independents and Undecideds, it will be a bridge too fucking far. He'll be done.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2019 3:26 AM

So tired of the Trumptard and Russian trolls on here. Lol...you’re bigger buffoon than Hair Furor because you know what he is and you still support him. But I guess that isn’t the point is it?

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2019 3:33 AM

If Trump refuses to debate, the network ought to give the Dems 40 minutes for the P, and 15 minutes for the VP, to make speeches. That’ll keep Trump from skipping the debate, no more than once, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2019 3:51 AM

Of course not. He's leaving in March.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2019 3:52 AM

Doesn't he have to debate? I thought that was a rule.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2019 3:57 AM

R13 Its normal convention that the two major candidate for president debate but there is no official rule. He has broken every other convention and I don't think he'll go anywhere near the debate stage. He will say the debates are all sponsored by fake media and he want's nothing to do with them. He'd rather go to one of his MAGA parties where they worship him. Hillary Clinton won all three debates and he isn't going up against any one ever again.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2019 5:37 AM

Trump has to stay in the race to save himself from immediate indictment and prison.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2019 5:49 AM

Trump knows nothing. Not the Constitution or policies or how the government even works. He can't debate an intelligent, aggressive opponent without looking like a fool.

He'll want to be onstage, but they won't let him. Any of the minority candidates will read him to filth and humiliate him, and he'd explode on live TV.

Last time he got by on bravado and bullshit. It won't work this time.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2019 6:03 AM

R13 He has to debate about the same as he has to reveal his tax returns and business conflicts. He'll do what he wants because it's all about him and nothing about the American people. Anyway, if he does I won't watch because I look away from liars.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2019 6:04 AM

He debated Hillary so he will show up for all the debates. Saying he won't show up his wishful thinking not reality.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2019 12:24 PM

I honestly don't think he'll debate. He'll find a way to get around it. IF he does do the debate, it will only be after a lot of negotiating and ridiculous back-and-forth with the network and campaigns about the questions, rules, etc. He always makes things about himself. I bet he even tries to get the debate to be held at one of his properties.

I would LOVE to see Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren debate him. They'd wipe the floor with his orange ass and he'd be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2019 2:52 PM

I'm really hoping that whoever debates him gets him so worked up that he appears like a petulant child, even more so than when he debated Secretary Clinton. It won't affect his base, who will revel in the namecalling. But it'll turn off independents.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Hillary clearly won all 3 debates but the deplorables believe otherwise. The debates mean nothing. I would like the Dem candidate to invite all of Trump’s sexual accusers to sit in the front row.

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2019 3:01 PM

Invite them up on stage, especially that girl who was 13 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2019 4:01 PM

It depends. He will not participate in any Primary debates with any challengers. Depending on who the Dem candidate is he may decide to not debate. Warren, probably, Biden, definitely, Harris, I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2019 4:19 PM

I'm still scratching my head trying to remember what an awesome Presidency he has had. Did he bring jobs back to Podunk? No. Did he make yuge infrastructure improvements like he promised, across our great land? No. Did he replace Obamacare with the incredibly awesome Trumpcare? No. Did the billionaire dealmaker make incredible trade deals around the world? No. Did he become more "Presidential" after all the campaigning of 2016? No (he got worse). Did he get N. Korea in line, with all those meetings and love letters? No. Did he apply his genius business acumen to fixing the immigration problem? No (he just talks about it a lot). Did he even build The Wall? No.

Campaigning on the fumes of Obama's successful 8 year presidency is not just dishonest- it's embarrassing.

But the Democrats will continue campaigning on Medicare for illegal aliens; reparations checks for African Americans; and erasing student loans... and they will lose.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2019 4:55 PM

Mr. Greatest Deal Maker couldn't even swing a deal to buy Greenland.

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2019 5:04 PM

I know you'll all scoff at this, but I've long felt that he's not going to be the nominee by autumn 2020.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2019 5:07 PM

R25, in fairness, Denmark and Greenland would never agree. Trumps greatest failure here, was thinking it might ever be possible.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2019 7:11 PM

I think he will. He will talk over, lie, and bluster. I think regardless of the Democratic candidate, he’ll look like a fool. However, I see only Kamala humiliating him.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2019 8:04 PM

Will be interesting if the Dem nominee is Warren.

Lots of landmines there.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2019 8:07 PM

He beat all the Republican candidates and beat Hillary. I think it was in part, because these people had some sense of personal dignity and decency. None of them would stoop to his level. Hillary said Trump was “temperamentally unsuited for the Presidency” which was fine, but she should have added that this meant that “he’s batshit crazy”.

The next Dem candidate needs, in a debate, to refer to him as a liar. When he interrupts, she should turn to him and call him a liar and a coward, to his face. Say in front of him, that “we can’t afford a President who is too stupid and lazy to read a briefing report, not that he would understand it.” Call him the stupidest President in history, to his face. Call on him to release his school transcripts. Call him “Donald”. Disrespect him in the debate.

There must be experts who can explain how to rattle him. It shouldn’t be hard to do.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2019 8:26 PM

R29, what landmines?

There’s the Pocahontas thing, and the lie that she used it to get ahead via affirmative access. She should be prepared for this. Otherwise, what is there?

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2019 8:27 PM

She didn't lie. She repeated what her mother had told her for years.

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2019 8:40 PM

Right, R24. That's what idiots like you said in 2018. How did that work out for you? The Democrats will be campaigning on health care, on jobs, on fair wages, on immigration, on foreign policy. So far, anyway, it's working out just fine for them.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2019 8:52 PM

I meant that it’s a lie to accuse Liz of using the family story of her heritage, which she proved was genetically true, as a means to get ahead via affirmative action. It never played a role in her hiring or job advancement. Not that she lied.

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2019 8:52 PM

Trump is too stupid to be fearless, OP.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2019 8:56 PM

R34, thanks, and sorry that I misread your post.

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2019 11:08 PM

He will not debate Harris. He is very afraid of her.

He probably will debate Biden and probably Warren.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2019 11:12 PM

He went through with the second debate right after the "pussy" tape leaked. People were speculating that he wouldn't show. (Instead he pulled the Bill Clinton accuser stunt to deflect.) He will do it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2019 11:18 PM

R37 it’s because Kamala could give two shits what he says to her and he knows it, that and she can run circles around anyone. She’s not my favorite but I’d love to see that debate.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2019 11:45 PM

If Harris doesn’t become President, I would like her to become Attorney General and prosecute the fuck out of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2019 11:52 PM

'There’s the Pocahontas thing"

A lot of Americans have "Indian" DNA in them. If Warren was smart she would embrace this rather than try to bury it. Become a champion of Native Americans (they need someone). Go to a pow-wow. Go to a rally where they are protesting having their land raped and stolen by the oil pigs.

by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2019 2:51 AM

R41 She just put out a plan for Native Americans on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 42August 19, 2019 2:55 AM

Said plan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 19, 2019 2:56 AM

No way will Trump debate ANYONE!

He's already POTUS, he breaks all the laws he pleases, and is too stupid and lazy to debate!

Ask yourselves how many knuckle-dragging retards who voted for him will change their minds?

by Anonymousreply 44August 19, 2019 3:49 AM

Hills kept her composure during that spectacle instead of calling this person out in real terms, the Pic in the op's comment shows how out of it the fuck is.

by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2019 4:09 AM

Every time I see him I can’t get over how fat, stupid, and fucking disgusting he looks. All rational and intelligent thoughts leave my mind and I just need to scream profanities. How could anyone debate this man and not say fat, disgusting, ugly, or fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 46August 19, 2019 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!