Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anthony Scaramucci Predicts Exact Month Donald Trump Will Abandon 2020 Race

“He’s gonna drop out of the race because it’s gonna become very clear. Okay, it’ll be March of 2020. He’ll likely drop out by March of 2020. It’s gonna become very clear that it’s impossible for him to win,” the former (short-lived) White House communications director said in an interview with Vanity Fair published Friday.

“He’s got the self-worth in terms of his self-esteem of a small pigeon. It’s a very small pigeon. Okay,” Scaramucci continued about Trump. “And so you think this guy’s gonna look at those poll numbers and say — he’s not gonna be able to handle that humiliation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 27, 2019 5:20 PM

Whatever way we get Trump out of The White House is fine with me. Looking forward to March 2020!

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2019 10:06 PM

He will just call the poll numbers "fake news" as he always does.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2019 10:07 PM

I just can't see it, though I can definitely see the logic behind him not wanting to be utterly humiliated by not getting reelected. Still, I think he'll plow through.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2019 10:07 PM

PSYCH!

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2019 10:09 PM

He won't drop out, Scaramucci is just an opportunistic boob.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2019 10:11 PM

Yeah, I don't see him retreating either. After all he likes the campaigning so much. Getting into office was so much more fun for him than being in office. OTOH, if he withdraws he can claim being undefeated. That would be much better than the humiliation of getting voted out. He should consider that.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2019 10:12 PM

I'd love to see Trump drop out--or drop dead. However, wouldn't it be more humiliating for Trump to not even try and decide to drop out versus going forward, run and lose even though losing would be very humiliating for this con man, fraud and criminal?

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2019 10:15 PM

The way its looking now, with all the demands of ideological purity from the Dems, it is actually looking like that he will be re-elected.

Not an American myself, no skin in the game. Just an outsiders observation.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2019 10:15 PM

He'll just call his pal Vlad, who will rig the election again.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2019 10:16 PM

Nah he won't drop out. If he thinks he's likely to lose he'll find more ways to cheat. Because that's what he is, whether at taxes or at golf.

He will rely more on Putin, make a mockery of the democratic process, and incite violence.

Putin's and the GOP goal is to destroy democracy and substitute a one party state. Just ask Rove, yeah him.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2019 10:16 PM

I love that the mooch is mouthing off now. I suspect that there's some kind of job out there that he's auditioning for . That said, if the Orange shit blossom hasn't been humiliated by anything yet, there's not much that will make him try to save face.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2019 10:19 PM

well he's a evil sociopath so rationale isn't exactly his cup of tea!...hmm, humiliation at the voting booth OR humiliation of dropping out? that is the question! however, CAN ANYONE EVEN FATHOM what the next 4 years would be like if he won again??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2019 10:20 PM

Either way is humiliating for him. If he drops out, people will know why. If he loses, we'll never hear the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2019 10:21 PM

I can see him coming up with a (clearly fake) health related reason if his poll numbers are abysmal.

He may even be prompted by the rest of the GOP if they fear losing the Senate in a landslide.

But if I were betting on this, I'd go with those of you saying he loves campaigning too much to drop out

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2019 10:21 PM

By dropping out he would admit he was a failure.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2019 10:23 PM

I don't really believe the Mooch. However, in all likelihood the Dem candidate will be decided - or almost decided - on Super Tuesday. There are so many states holding their primaries on that date it's difficult to imagine that some candidate does not emerge as the front runner - if not the outright nominee. Of course, with so many candidates, there is the possibility that the nomination could go to the convention floor. But that's a long shot.

If the Dem nominee (actual or apparent) is beating Trump in the polls, there is a slim posssibility Mooch is correct. It likely has to do more with how many Republicans not in Cheetolini's base are jumping ship.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2019 10:25 PM

Why'd they put the mooch on their shows? Will the whoredom of the media never end?

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2019 10:26 PM

Trump won't drop out of the race. He will burn everything down running to the bitter end and if his losss is at all close he will continue scorched earth.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2019 10:53 PM

R8: Purify the inside of my butt. We’re having a primary to pick a nominee, there will be disagreement. The same thing happens when parties in parliamentary systems pick new leaders.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2019 11:38 PM

The Mooch has become a very bitter person. The prognostication of someone not so extremely vengeful might be of more value.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]I can see him coming up with a (clearly fake) health related reason

We haff no fake helt in dees famly, rite Barrun?

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2019 12:29 AM

And we all know Anthony Scaramucci's track record, so......

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2019 12:39 AM

r2 is right. In 2015-2016 many were predicting Trump was going to drop out of the race, that he was just a clown who wanted a bit of attention, and so forth. Then there were those who bet he would run until the end because he was a narcissist who wanted power above all else and had blind faith in himself, and these were the ones who were vindicated. It's the same thing now. That Trump is going to drop out is wishful thinking on the part of people without a grasp on human and individual psychology.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2019 12:48 AM

We're all going to work our asses off in hopes of an honorable election - and the motherfuckers are going to steal it again. I hope China hacks this election in our favor.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2019 12:51 AM

I don’t get all the sympathy for Scaramucci. He was a sycophant like Cohen. Someone who wanted to be in Trump’s inner circle and kissed his ass up until the day he fired him as WH Press Secretary and even then continued to crawled through cut glass to be let back in. Now he’s spilling the beans. Meh. The one who will really do damage to the Trump presidency is KellyAnne. That’s the bitch every one of them is scared of. Can’t wait to read the chapters about Jared and Ivanka and all of Trump’s batshit antics that will give us all nightmares for a lifetime. You know he’s a hundred times worse than he appears on t.v. George is privy to all of the goings on and he will most likely write a book too.

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2019 12:52 AM

I could see Trump announcing he doesn't want to run for a second term because he's losing too much money.

Two hours later he tweets that he's decided to run for the good of the American people because no one is as good as he is.

Then he goes to a rally and asks the crowd should he run? (Looks all across the arena) Or should he retire and multiply his fortune?

The crowd screams he should run and keep America great. They jump up and down.

I don't know, says Trump, nodding his head like Ralph Kramden did whenever Ralph just knows Alice is wrong and he's right.

I don't know if you really want me, Trump says, or if you want some democrat snowflake who wants open borders and the outright murder of babies, tearing them out of women's stomachs on the street.

Right there on the street with the blood....it's horrible, horrible what these democrats want to do. They're horrible people. They're disgusting.

Do you want that?

Crowd screams and jumps out of their seats. No, no!

All right then, Trump shrugs. I guess I'll have to put aside my wants and needs for you because I know you love me so much.

Crowd screams -- the men ejaculate and the women moan and shiver.

I'll do it. For you. For you, my friends. Because you love me. DONT YOU? Was it good for you? I know it was. I always am.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2019 12:54 AM

That sounds frighteningly accurate R26

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2019 12:56 AM

Those idiots make up 39% of the vote. He can’t win with those numbers unless he cheats. So the odds are good that Russia and possibly another bad actor will see to it that he won’t. Lose that is.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2019 12:58 AM

Trump will run because he beat the polls the first time, for whatever reason. He makes up his own reality. He will look at the good polls and ignore the bad ones and will refuse to speak to anyone who tries to talk to him about it. Any news reports on the bad polls will be labeled "Fake News" by him and his sycophants, and he will do everything he can to stay in power.

As soon as he is no longer President, he will be hit with so many lawsuits and investigations he will be busy for the rest of his life fighting them. Holding on to power is the only way to try to run out the clock for some of the laws he's broken.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote]with all the demands of ideological purity from the Dems, it is actually looking like that he will be re-elected.

[quote]Not an American myself, no skin in the game. Just an outsiders observation.

This is embarrassing. I am actually embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]I don’t get all the sympathy for Scaramucci.

No one really feels sorry for him, they're just saying that to give themselves an excuse for listening to the guy. He's irrelevant and he's a right-winger, and he's doing the exact same thing all the other rightwing fuckups have been doing: saying whatever the public wants to hear, just to get attention.

It's sad that it works.

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2019 1:06 AM

The Mooch clung to DJT for 30 months, and lasted two weeks as an employee. In whose eyes is he relevant, or a pundit?

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2019 1:06 AM

He's ridiculous and should be ostracized the same way Sean Spicer was.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2019 1:08 AM

R29, his vulnerability to criminal prosecution once he's out of office means that he should make a deal to resign before the election in exchange for a pardon (including relief from state authorities), like Nixon did. Who can play the Barry Goldwater role in brokering that arrangement?

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2019 1:09 AM

He could always resign one day before he leaves office and have his new VP pardon him. I bet that is the plan if he doesn't win.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2019 1:11 AM

His new VP?

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2019 1:12 AM

So what do we think happened to the Mooch and donarrhea to cause this failing out between them?

I never liked the mooch, but he was a good friend to trump

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2019 1:19 AM

I'm not entirely sure Pence would do it. Unless commanded to by the Republican leadership.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2019 1:19 AM

Mooch is palatable to some because he's socially liberal to an extent and not a wingnut. He has gay relatives and supposedly considers himself an "LGBT activist."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2019 1:31 AM

A federal pardon doesn't apply to non-federal crimes. So the NY Atty General (and any other state authorities who have grounds to prosecute him) would have to agree to back off if he were to receive full relief -- which I imagine they'd all be glad to do in order to get him out of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2019 1:33 AM

Given that Trump is under multiple investigations AND that much has yet to occur between now and 2020 (i.e. economic changes, international affairs - diplomatic failures/wars/tariffs, environmental disasters, mass events/shootings, etc.), there is also the very real possibility that Don May. Not. Even. Be. A. Viable. Candidate.

Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote]he's socially liberal to an extent and not a wingnut. He has gay relatives

He can't be a bigot, he's got gay relatives? Come on now.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2019 1:47 AM

He is a nut case, can we just face that? A nut case who has no morals.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2019 1:56 AM

just texted me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2019 2:02 AM

R42: You cut me off in mid-sentence. In the video I linked (whether he's genuine or not) he explicitly refers to himself as an "LGBT rights activist" and says he supported marriage equality from the start. Says he considers himself a "New York-style Republican."

I'm a Dutch guy living in Ireland. I'm quite detached from US politics but subscribe to the Oxford Union's YouTube channel and happen to have watched that video.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2019 2:07 AM

My point would have been the same even if I'd quoted your whole post, R45. People can claim to be whatever they want, that doesn't mean they're being honest with us or themselves.

The GOP has long had an explicitly anti-gay agenda. It's written into their actual platform. If he's a Republican, he's not really pro-gay, even if he says he is. That's all I was saying.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2019 2:11 AM

Fight me on the roof

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2019 2:11 AM

He could be right, but for that to happen someone would have to tell him the actual polling data. I don't know if anyone around him has the balls for it. He could always bow out and then take up a career as a talking head on Fox or that other network he talks about -- OANN? Scaramucci is an opportunistic sleazebag but he probably knows as well as anyone what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2019 2:14 AM

IF Trump dropped out then who'd replace him? Pence? Pence would be a far, far worse POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2019 2:19 AM

I bet Romney is quietly and very carefully putting out feelers.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2019 2:28 AM

R12 types crazy

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2019 2:29 AM

He’ll be arrested if he drops out. He ain’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2019 2:37 AM

Can he do a fandango?

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2019 3:06 AM

We are being played. That little freak knows that will never happen. It is just to add to the list of items to make us complacent. We will be so lucky if we void another Trump term, and as it stands now, I see it as an almost certainty.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2019 4:10 AM

Trump's thang last time was cutdowns and threats, Deplorable rallies and vague promises to apply his real estate acumen to fix everything. He had Steve Bannon whispering in his ear (and possibly still does) and the perfect foil in Hillary the Schoolmarm.

He has nothing this time. Coasting on the last fumes of the Obama economy and caging babies is not enough. How much kompromat dirt can they get on his rivals? Maybe start a war?

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2019 5:44 AM

Pence has been dreaming of being POTUS since he was an altar boy and the Priests were molesting him. Delusions of grandeur. And he promised God he would go after all homosexuals if he was in power.

Remember: he and Kellyanne are thisclose. She will work her evil magic and make him President.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2019 5:54 AM

Trump will have no problem wining a second term as long as the Democratic party keeps being perceived as pro immigration.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2019 7:01 AM

JaVanka would never let Donald abandon the presidency. Without Donald, they have no power base.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2019 7:23 AM

R 15 ...and that is why he will never drop out. He never admits failure.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2019 7:29 AM

Do whatever you can to deny Trump a second term. It would be a disaster for the country and destroy what's left of our democracy. He cannot be reelected. Please Jesus NO!

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2019 7:30 AM

While Trump has a 95% approval rating in the party, no one else is going to challenge him. No other serious candidate can emerge until Trump voluntarily steps down. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of pressure behind the scenes for that to happen.

Meanwhile, Trump dropping out in March would be a nightmare for the Republicans logistically, because it would be too late for other candidates to register to get on the ballot in a lot of states. That would leave only Weld on the ballot. People could manually write-in Pence's name - or any name they wished - but realistically, most wouldn't bother. So through a technicality, Weld could get the nomination, and Trump's entire base would stay home. The party isn't going to let that happen. If Trump is going to drop out, it needs to be before the end of December. If he's still in the race after December, the party won't let him drop out.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2019 7:47 AM

Being president* is the only thing keeping Trump out of prison, no way he's leaving early unless he gets pardoned, and then there's still state charges.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2019 7:58 AM

Is there any doubt that Trump is going to be pardoned by Pence? If Trump loses the election, he can just retire one week from the end of his term, so Pence gets to be President for a week. Pence grants Trump a legal pardon, in exchange for becoming the hero of Trump's base and setting up a 2024 run for President - or else a comfy private career as a former President. Trump will never see the inside of a federal prison. As for state charges, Trump's legal team can drag that out for years and years, so I can't see Trump being too worried about that.

As an aside, the Bridgegate case is going before the Supreme Court next term. From what I've been reading, there's a good chance that the Bridgegate duo's convictions might be overturned. If that happens, it sets up the Republican machine to argue that it was political prosecution by a Democratic administration. If Trump is ever charged, Trump will then argue that his own prosecution is just another example of a political prosecution by another Democratic administration. His base will eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2019 8:18 AM

Damn r26, you're good.

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2019 11:30 AM

Is this his new job now? Predictions? Is he the new white homunculus version of Miss Cleo? How much does he charge per minute?

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2019 12:15 PM

Grifter making money off of other people’s desperation. Story as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2019 12:18 PM

[quote] Says he considers himself a "New York-style Republican."

Take it from someone who has lived in NY almost their entire life, "New York Style Republican" mean scum

Think Barbara Walters, donald trump, Rudy Giuliani, Kelsey Grammer, Elizabeth hasselbeck, ron perelman and all those creepy people from the NY Social Diary

Elizabeth is the only one out of all these people who hasn't been married at least 3 times and didn't get caught cheating on her spouse

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2019 12:26 PM

R67 Don’t forget Ann Coulter. Apparently she’s nice in person but that doesn’t excuse her hateful screeds.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2019 12:40 PM

I don’t know why they are giving Scaramucci air time. I guess the “Hillary will run in 2020” clickbait headlines stopped working.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2019 12:43 PM

I watched the Mooch on Bill Maher. He was nice, very New York. It was sad to see him defending Trump. Now, he's getting airtime because he's saying what people want to hear and because he's funny doing so.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2019 1:00 PM

Is this bitch gonna do the fandango already or what? I can't see Trump dropping out. The opposite actually seems more plausible: that he will refuse to concede when the time comes. He is delusional and won't accept defeat no matter how clear the writing on the wall. Certainly not months out. And he'll probably spend the rest of his life complaining about the "deep state" that unfairly ousted him or some crazy shit like that. Or the illegal immigrants again: convenient that he alleges "three million" illegal votes, the same number he lost the popular vote by. He will always come up with "alternative facts" that allow reality to mesh with his perspective.

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2019 1:13 PM

The Mooch is one of the stupidest of Trumpers. This is yet another example. Trump will no more drop out of the race than Putin will stop interfering with the next election.

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2019 1:37 PM

The presidency is what's protecting Trump from a floodgate of lawsuits, investigations, etc. He's not going to walk away from that.

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2019 1:38 PM

R61, the Republican convention is in late August of 2020, which is where a candidate can be named in a brokered convention. So he doesn't have to drop out by December.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2019 1:59 PM

[quote]Is there any doubt that Trump is going to be pardoned by Pence? If Trump loses the election, he can just retire one week from the end of his term, so Pence gets to be President for a week.

A question for the legal experts here: Could it be argued that this would be a violation of the pardon power in that it could be viewed as a political favor traded in return for a presidential pardon -- i.e., "If you want the presidency, you can have it but only in exchange for a pardon so I can get away with what I did." If a cop stops me to give me a ticket and I offer him money to let me off the hook, that's a bribe; therefore, wouldn't Trump be essentially bribing Pence with the office of the presidency to do the same? On a technical basis, could such an argument hold up?

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2019 2:17 PM

No one is advising Trump to drop out, and Trump won't do it. He is banking on getting re-elected to ensure that he doesn't get indicted. If a Democrat is elected president, there will be a new attorney general starting in January 2021, and Trump can get indicted in federal court for obstruction of justice along with all of his other crimes. If Trump loses there are a number of challenges he faces.

First, he has to give a concession speech, and he may be more inclined to file a lawsuit claiming that the election was stolen from him. That, or his opponent -- the winner of the election -- files a lawsuit to get Trump to concede. (Nightmare Scenario Number One).

Second, if he loses those lawsuits, he has to concede. But he may still have time to hatch a plan to evade investigation, indictment, and conviction. I would not be surprised if Donald Trump resigned in the final days of his presidency so that Mike Pence could be sworn in and pardon him. The hard part of that is that he can only be pardoned for something that has been investigated. This scenario would be more likely to play out if Trump earned a second term and impeachment proceedings began. If Trump is succeeded by a Democratic president, he will not be pardoned and he will be prosecuted. I suspect Trump will flee the country and seek asylum -- probably in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2019 2:19 PM

I don't see him faking a medical reason either because he's "the healthiest, most fit" president of all time. I don't think his narcissism would allow him to admit being sick.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2019 2:27 PM

R76: He doesn't have to concede. Concession is irrelevant. Once the Electors at their state capitols have cast their ballots for Warren, and they are opened in the House and Warren is announced the winder with other 270 votes, then on January 21st 2021, the Orange Afterbirth is GONE. He has no choice.

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2019 2:39 PM

Isn't it also possible that Trump gets reelected but the Dems hold on to the House AND win the Senate, which means Trump could then be impeached, removed from office, and then still be charged for his crimes? That would mean getting reelected wouldn't be enough to save his sorry ass after all.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote]the Orange Afterbirth

I love this.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2019 2:44 PM

R79: No. Unless the Democrats are winning 67 seats, he ain't getting removed. But he wouldn't be able to stack the courts with Federalist Society Nazis anymore.

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote]Is there any doubt that Trump is going to be pardoned by Pence?

He can’t pardon state crimes.

by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2019 3:31 PM

Exactly right, r82. New York will go after him.

by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2019 3:33 PM

"While Trump has a 95% approval rating in the party, no one else is going to challenge him"

While it may be pointless to run against him, a rival could still do a lot of damage tearing Trump down in the media daily.

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2019 5:07 PM

Yes, a rival could do a lot of damage against Trump. But that rival has to be prepared to forego any kind of further career in the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2019 5:14 PM

THIS IS EXACTLY what some people formerly close to Trump said in the fall of 2016 when he was losing to Hillary badly in the polls: Trump may drop out before the election because he doesn't want to be humiliated by losing badly. And you know what happened with that.

In March or any month in 2020, if Trump has bad poll numbers, he'll think back to 2016. His advisers will remind him over and over about 2016. He'll do those big rallies and believe he will win. If, and hopefully when, Trump loses, he'll sneak out the back door and say nothing. Six months later he'll be back on the "campaign trail" doing those rallies again to feed his ego. Next stop: indictment.

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2019 5:48 PM

I think little Antony is half a gay himself

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2019 5:56 PM

^ His nose job give him a femme look

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote] Yes, a rival could do a lot of damage against Trump. But that rival has to be prepared to forego any kind of further career in the Republican party.

Weld doesn't care about a further career in the GOP. He'd be a perfect sacrificial goat, which isn't a dig -- that's an honorable position under these circumstances. I also think he'd make a good President and I'd love to see enough people take him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2019 6:03 PM

How about this scenario....

Harbingers of recession become apparent after Christmas when the new Chinese tariffs go into effect. Trump's poll numbers continue to tank and it becomes obvious that he will not get re-elected. He resigns with the excuse that his sons cannot run the family business in tough financial times --- we all know he cares more about his own $ than the country.

He resigns in March 2020 and Pence becomes president and thus the Republican candidate for November. Pence pardons Trump from all future federal investigations. Trump gets a book deal and is able to golf as much as he wants.

The 'traditional' GOP always favored Pence over Trump anyways, and the white Evangelicals are delighted.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2019 6:09 PM

Hmmm, R90...I don't think so. Trump hates Pence and doesn't want him to take his throne. Trump also hates the Republicans because he knows they hate him and would be delighted if he let Pence take over.

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2019 6:39 PM

The Mooch spews mulch.

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2019 6:48 PM

R90, very believable

by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]I think little Antony is half a gay himself

Or at least "open-minded" under the right circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote] If Trump is succeeded by a Democratic president, he will not be pardoned and he will be prosecuted. I suspect Trump will flee the country and seek asylum -- probably in Russia

Come on. These are the democrats we are talking about. They'll let him off too. They always have and they always will. Never underestimate the weakness, ineffectiveness and the unwillingness to leave from past mistakes of the democrats

Carter couldn't be bothered about Nixon

Obama didn't want to offend the bankers who almost bankrupted the world and was only too happy to loan them , bunches of other million/billionaires and even donald trump money to bail them out. And that was his NUMBER ONE mistake. The repugs knew he was a wimp. That's why they worked to defeat everything he did and refused to let him pick a supreme court justice. And he did nothing

The next democratic president will just want to move on. And the repugs will continue of obstruct everything. The dems need to come in there and kick some ass. Prosecute everyone, expose the traitors and when the repugs obstruct, do what reagan did and tell them if they continue to do this, the president will never, EVER sign another one of their bills/laws

by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2019 10:59 PM

Scaramooch looks like he could be a member of the Addams family. Just put some powder on him.

by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Trump will not drop out. He can’t be indicted as long as he’s President.

by Anonymousreply 97August 18, 2019 11:02 PM

He did a hilarious interview with Erin Burnett on CNN a few days back where he went OFF on Trump. I just caught the last half and it was really something. He’s very bitter but funny as hell.

Is he promoting something? A book maybe?

by Anonymousreply 98August 18, 2019 11:05 PM

R98, He's promoting himself.

by Anonymousreply 99August 18, 2019 11:42 PM

Keep it up. I got kompromat on you, midget.

by Anonymousreply 100August 19, 2019 3:04 AM

Scaramucci looks like an insect. He Scaramucci’s me.

by Anonymousreply 101August 19, 2019 3:26 AM

A Democrat, in an attempt to " unify" the country will not pursue charges against Trump. Deplorables, once again seeing the weakness of the Democratic pansies, will laugh in their face.

by Anonymousreply 102August 19, 2019 3:30 AM

Mini Twitter rant .this am:

[quote]Anthony Scaramucci is a highly unstable “nut job” who was with other candidates in the primary who got shellaced, and then unfortunately wheedled his way into my campaign. I barely knew him until his 11 days of gross incompetence-made a fool of himself, bad on TV. Abused staff,

by Anonymousreply 103August 19, 2019 12:50 PM

[quote]....got fired. Wrote a very nice book about me just recently. Now the book is a lie? Said his wife was driving him crazy, “something big” was happening with her. Getting divorced. He was a mental wreck. We didn’t want him around. Now Fake News puts him on like he was my buddy!

by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2019 12:53 PM

I bet he will make a deal, he will drop out if no one prosecutes him.

by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2019 6:49 PM

R105. He will show up for the debates and hope a lot of people vote for him. He will never make any deal with the democrat to drop out. Your statement is not based in reality.

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2019 7:29 PM

tRump will run. tRump will lose. tRump will give blanket pardons to anyone and everyone too include himself. Republicans will lose the Senate and a lot of states. If Biden is President, he will abide by the Pardon. I’d Kamala is President, she will gut him.

by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2019 7:40 PM

"John meet Whore, Whore this is John."

Hunt and Fish Club= Grab um by the pussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2019 7:45 PM

the only way Dump would resign is if indeed he had a deal with Pence to be pardoned for everything he’s done. But Pence can’t pardon future crimes or state crimes. So my question is—can Pence indeed pardon him for every crime Dump has committed, discovered or undiscovered? Can he blanket-pardon him for everything crime Dump has ever done? That’s the only scenario I see that’s viable. There is no way Dump is resigning without that, and I believe he would resign if he got that guarantee. He’s nuts, but I think he knows the shit he and his family have done, and that he’s incredibly vulnerable without the cloak of the presidency.

I go back and forth re the Democrats pursuing Dump when they take back the WH. We have never imprisoned a former president (and MANY have deserved it) and it does send a banana republic message to the rest of the world. This president’s crimes certainly warrant it though.

by Anonymousreply 109August 19, 2019 9:24 PM

Wow, how far he's fallen from grace. For some reason the Trumps kept him around for months before they were able to find him some job in the administration.

Now he's "a nutjob".

by Anonymousreply 110August 19, 2019 9:26 PM

[quote] R63: Is there any doubt that Trump is going to be pardoned by Pence?

Yes. There is every doubt. Pence will never pardon Trump. Especially not if her gets to be President only for a week. Why?

Because Ford’s pardon of Nixon cause Ford his second term election. There was a lot of bitterness about a perceived “deal” trading the Presidency for a pardon. Pence would remember this.

Because it doesn’t get Pence anything. Trump can pardon himself. He would do that, rather than trust Pence, anyway. He might also want a Pence double-pardon him, and that would free Pence from being pestered by Trump, but Pence can promise to direct his justice department to quash investigations of Trump, but no pardon. That should keep Trump quiet, for a while.

If I were Pence, who has probably pledged his personal loyalty to get the VP slot, I’d promise Trump anything to get him to resign, then I’d not take his calls and deny knowing him. It’s not like he has any morals or love of country, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 111August 19, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote] R68: [R67] Don’t forget Ann Coulter. Apparently she’s nice in person but that doesn’t excuse her hateful screeds.

Ann Coulter and Newt Gingrich are both completely different people when interviewed on MSNBC. They seem contrite and thoughtful. I think it’s Chris Matthews who has had them on. I am convinced there must be some kind of agreement they arrive at in order to get someone like them on. Something limiting how aggressive the host can be, the topics covered, and so forth. All in exchange for future appearances by them, or other far right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2019 9:35 PM

[quote] R75: A question for the legal experts here: Could it be argued that this would be a violation of the pardon power in that it could be viewed as a political favor traded in return for a presidential pardon -- i.e., "If you want the presidency, you can have it but only in exchange for a pardon so I can get away with what I did."

You are correct. But how to prove It? It they agree to this, and then Pence reneges, as I suggested in R112, then that is illegal. Just ask Gov. Rob Bogoyevitch. But that would only be provable if a jilted Trump then produces tapes, but that would incriminate them both. If he indeed got the pardon, the two would never confess it, so we’ll have no proof that there was an illegal conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote] R109: Can he blanket-pardon him for everything crime Dump has ever done?

Even Nixon’s pardon was only for “crimes committed while in office”. So, Trump could get a blanket pardon, but he won’t. Think how the public would turn on Pence for that, especially if it included crimes from before Trump took office!

Besides, remember that anyone who accepts a pardon is admitting to a crime. I don’t know how this works in a “blanket pardon”. Would be need to allocate to the crimes for which he is accepting a pardon? I don’t know. But, aside from him never admitting to ever doing wrong due to vanity; it could also be used as evidence to convict him for related crimes in State court. So, he won’t accept a pardon, unless it’s one he issues himself.

by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2019 10:01 PM

Wow! Mooch is really going after Trump on every channel. He actually seems sincere.

by Anonymousreply 115August 20, 2019 12:15 AM

Is the Mooch connected? Maybe he can put a hit on the Orange Anus?

Wouldn't that be a fitting ending to this saga? Death by mafia.

by Anonymousreply 116August 20, 2019 12:19 AM

Um, ladies, the President will be pleading diminished capacity in some instances and insanity in the rest. I thought that up a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 117August 20, 2019 12:32 AM

Agree and lol, r50.

This thread has given me a lot to think about, especially r23. Still, if Trump actually believed he will lose the election, I can't shake my belief that he won't be capable of stomaching the humiliation.

Trump humiliates others for, in his perception being a "loser". Sheer projection and fear of being one himself will compel him to drop out.

He'll announce he's not running again by saying, "I've gotten more done in 4 years than any US President has in 8 or more. That's why I don't need to be President for another 4."

At least, in my daydreams he drops out that way.

by Anonymousreply 118August 20, 2019 12:45 AM

After Trump criticized Scaramucci, the Mooch lost a speaking engagement at some Republican shindig. I think that's when the worm turned.

by Anonymousreply 119August 20, 2019 11:14 PM

Mooch was going to be filthy rich, hundreds of millions, half a billion, if SkyBridge sold and then it did not, and he even had to go back to work. This was all wrapped up in China. I am sure something about Trump, China, and hundreds of millions never acquired stick in mooch's craw. Maybe Trump promised something and then burned him. Why isn't there more clear reporting not this?

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2019 1:21 AM

Mooch said he's starting a superpac to run negative ads against Trump. Man is on a mission, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2019 10:28 AM

The main reason Trump won't drop of out of the race is because he will be waiting prosecution as a non-seated president.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Gosh, I wonder if the fear of prosecution might keep him from dropping out?

by Anonymousreply 123August 22, 2019 2:16 AM

Fear of Prostitution?

by Anonymousreply 124August 22, 2019 2:49 AM

Trump went off the deep end this week. The rumblings within the Republican Party have to be starting.

by Anonymousreply 125August 22, 2019 1:50 PM

You'd think, but the Republican Party doesn't exist any longer. It's now the party of Russia and Trump. Russia has leverage on US and they aren't about to let that go, especially given how cheaply the GOP can be bought.

by Anonymousreply 126August 22, 2019 3:52 PM

I heard Denmark offered to buy the United States from Russia.

by Anonymousreply 127August 22, 2019 5:18 PM

Drip, drip, drip......

by Anonymousreply 128August 26, 2019 9:53 PM

Captain Queeg is in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 129August 27, 2019 4:38 AM

I would not be surprised if Trump is sectioned before then anyway. He's so very clearly mentally ill, the rest of the world can't understand why the US is allowing it to continue.

by Anonymousreply 130August 27, 2019 10:22 AM

[QUOTE] Trump also hates the Republicans

What?

by Anonymousreply 131August 27, 2019 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!