Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Egads! The Underwear Horror!

We are a dirty, dirty nation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2019 12:22 AM

The real gasp inducer is that 13% admit to wearing the same pair for a WEEK OR MORE. Mother of all that is holy...,. Do these people shower. I cannot imagine coming out of a shower and putting on used underwear.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2019 9:54 PM

We’re supposed to buy new underwear every six months?! That’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2019 9:58 PM

I don't believe this:

Another underwear rule, the survey stated, is to get rid of old undergarments every six months to a year.

The survey cited a study from goodhousekeeping.com that stated even clean underwear contains up to 10,000 living bacteria – even after being washed.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2019 9:59 PM

That’s pretty gross.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2019 10:00 PM

However, getting rid of underwear every six months sounds ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2019 10:01 PM

who in the world doesn't change their underwear daily? I cannot imagine.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2019 10:06 PM

[quote]We’re supposed to buy new underwear every six months?

Who sponsored this study underwear makers, retailers?

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2019 10:07 PM

I do a 90C wash white wash with bleach the first load. This kills the germs in the washing machine from the previous tenant. Hang clothes to dry in the sun and it kills bacteria. People are filthy and don't know how to wash their clothes.Some housewives and servants used to know, but now people are mostly clueless about all household cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2019 10:07 PM

Does the sanitary setting on the wash machine help clean the undergarments better? Or is adding bleach the way to go, R8?

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2019 10:09 PM

Europeans wear their undies and socks multiple times. Households don’t always have washers and if they do, they’re tiny. Plus water and electric is expensive.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2019 10:09 PM

You’re supposed to clean your washing machine for the same reason. I forget the exact stats but there’s Xmg of feces in the average pair of underwear. To think my grandmother used to wash the entire families underwear by hand and boil soiled, cotton diapers and sanitary cloths in a pan on the open fire.....can’t be that deadly though if they all survived.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2019 10:09 PM

Which European countries do that? The Brits and Irish are somewhat obsessed with “the wash” and the Scandinavians are rather ritualistic about it too.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2019 10:11 PM

They need to be more descriptive - underwear can mean many things. If they are referring solely to underwear covering your genitals - that's one thing.

But if a man wears the same undershirt or a woman wears the same bra for 2 days, is that so horrendous?

Granted, I've worn the same underwear a few times in college when laundry ran out. I turned it inside out - but only a handful of times and never more than 2 days. I cannot imagine someone wearing the same briefs for a week.

This sounds like bullshit designed to get attention to Tommy John underwear.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2019 10:13 PM

In Slovenia we simply go commando.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2019 10:14 PM

I just quoted this to my roommate who used to be a hotel housekeeper and she said she’d believe it and that people are totally disgusting.She said she picked up underwear left on the floor that were so soiled they were practically alive and could have filed a claim for citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2019 10:18 PM

White briefs, and even boxers, I wore back in the 70s', 80s' etc., lasted for years and were very durable. I never wore underwear more than a day without washing them.

Now, I have to buy very high quality underwear for it to last 6 months or longer. Some of the popular brands I was wearing would quickly wear thin, tear, get holes, and the elastic gets weak and flimsy. Not much quality control with undergarments made in certain foreign countries, particularly China.

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2019 10:21 PM

[quote]I've worn the same underwear a few times in college when laundry ran out. I turned it inside out

The logic behind this has always eluded me. So you flip your piss-stained, skid marked undies to rub directly against your pants?

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote] The logic behind this has always eluded me. So you flip your piss-stained, skid marked undies to rub directly against your pants?

Right I always thought underwear was there to protect your pants. I’ve even heard women say this which has the added delight of vaginal discharge rubbing against the pants defeating the purpose, why not go commando at that point.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote]The survey cited a study from goodhousekeeping.com that stated even clean underwear contains up to 10,000 living bacteria

Newsflash: Your skin also contains up to 10,000 living bacteria. Most of it is perfectly harmless.

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2019 10:28 PM

People that wear their underwear only once and then wash it are wasting water and polluting the rivers with detergent.

Think of the environment, for fuck’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2019 10:30 PM

R20 is a filthy hippie.

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2019 10:31 PM

I often just skip undies all together, especially in the summer. It's not like I'm not wiping my ass or have skid marks. I can't imagine a thin layer of cloth is in anyway a germ barrier. It's like those tissue paper toilet seat covers, do people really believe they have any effect one way or another?

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2019 10:31 PM

This is why the anti-circumcision crowd is so fucked up. They claim all you have is wash you dick properly.

Face it. Most people are pigs, and this article proves it. If someone is too fucking lazy to change their dirty drawers everyday, what makes you think they're going to take the time to wash their dick properly. And I'll go even further and say most people don't even wipe their ass properly.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2019 10:35 PM

This is why we must have circumcision. Can you imagine what the subway would stink like in this hygienically challenged country?!

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2019 10:51 PM

r17 - obviously they weren't piss stained or had skid marks. Light use with nothing nasty. Like I said, it was college - if the pair looked OK to turn inside out, it happened.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2019 11:04 PM

Circumcision is mutilation, and uncut is always way hotter than cut.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote] I cannot imagine coming out of a shower and putting on used underwear.

OHMYGAWD, Mary!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2019 11:13 PM

I wear them days at a time. I wear several in a day, for going out,lounging around, working out. I work out of home and don't wear underwear more than an hour or two daily usually.

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2019 11:48 PM

I bet they are all straight men.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2019 11:51 PM

Go commando or go home!

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2019 11:55 PM

R23 is on point

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2019 12:05 AM

The cut is once. Bathing has to be daily. Sure it may hurt but a one-time snip of body part that is not clean is more practical than changing habits of hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2019 12:10 AM

Years ago a friend told me straight men won’t wash their asses properly because it’s gay. He said men won’t really get in there and soap it up and aim the water at it. I wondered if he was BSing but then you hear so much about skid marks......so maybe there was some truth to it. I shower well once a day and I think I’ve had a skid mark on my shorts twice in my adult life, if that. I don’t do anything special just take one good shower every day and wipe until the paper comes back clean.

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2019 12:15 AM

I recall a poll published in the late 90s stating amongst Europeans, Germans on average wore their pants (briefs/boxers) 3x or more before washing. It was quite high a percentage. I'm all down with conserving water, enery, etc., but any garment touching your skin all day should only be worn once. I suspect many women's bras are equally nasty.

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2019 12:15 AM

Bras are the least of women’s problems.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2019 12:16 AM

Have you ever seen a picture of the used underwear women sell to horny pervs on Reddit? No? Lucky you! Don’t look or you’ll have to come out of the closet a second time. Variable discharge isn’t talked about but it’s real and it’s not pretty. It changes in color and consistency throughout a woman’s cycle so a week of that crusted on a gusset? Just no.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2019 12:19 AM

I would worry about jock itch if I wore my undies for more than one day without changing them. On particularly humid days I change into fresh ones at night.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2019 12:19 AM

The point being the bras usually aren't laundered often R35. Go speak about the woman problems/demerits somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2019 12:21 AM

That is so nasty. Mine smell pretty bad after a day. I couldn’t imagine wearing it another day and feeling like everyone can smell my asshole.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2019 12:23 AM

I like getting em real stanky on weekends. 4 day weekends are the best because I just radiate my stink. I usually have to take a shower Sunday night as well as Monday morning because the one shower on Monday won't cut it for me to be back in public.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2019 12:25 AM

[quote]He said men won’t really get in there and soap it up and aim the water at it.

R33, they keep their asses dirty as a protective measure against surprise anal.

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2019 12:30 AM

I don’t think my straight brother used to wash his ass in the shower. I distinctly remember a damp towel being hung on the hook in the bathroom after he used it, and me and my sister both remarking on the disgusting skid mark and the crumb of shit on the towel.

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2019 12:30 AM

45% of Americans don't change their underwear.

Donald Trump has a 45% approval rating.

Polls don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2019 12:31 AM

So they don’t wipe properly either. What’s with all the skid marks?

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2019 12:38 AM

My panties are yellow and gnarly. Gonna peel em off in the kitchen wastebasket

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2019 12:42 AM

There may be some truth to the straight man theory. having had my share of so called straight men Ive ran into the skid mark thing more than a few times. Did it stop me from doing them ? Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2019 12:48 AM

I cum in my shorts all the time and go about my day. Who needs tissues?

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2019 12:49 AM

I happen to use a bidet, motherfucker. Not everyone is a pig.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2019 2:38 AM

This has caused me to delete all dating apps.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2019 3:50 AM

"Buy new underwear every six months!"

Signed, The Underwear Manufacturer's Council of America

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]I suspect many women's bras are equally nasty.

During a conversation I did not ask to be a part of but was included in anyway, I learned that bras aren't washed often because they're made of fabric that doesn't hold up well.

Unless a woman has a lot of under-boob sweat, surely it's not a problem like unwashed underwear.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2019 3:30 PM

Boobs are sweat glands. I'm certain they could cook up quite the aroma.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2019 6:11 PM

R50 is right, Big Panties must be behind this statistic!

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2019 6:19 PM

[Quote] That is so nasty. Mine smell pretty bad after a day.

You should bathe every day.

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2019 10:17 PM

[quote]Buy new underwear every six months

I keep my underwear until it rips or the waistband gives out

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2019 2:42 PM

And mark your underwear so when you go places there is no mix-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Gross! And I thought I was bad for wearing worn out underwear that are starting to get holes in them. They may have holes, but at least they’re clean and I wear a new pair each day.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2019 8:55 PM

If I don’t poop during the day, but have had a sweaty day, sometimes it’s a turn on to sniff the ass part of my undies. I like to pretend it’s another guy i’m about to rim.

by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2019 12:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!