Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GOOD BOYS (2019) was SURPRISINGLY GOOD

I hate the idea of making a raunchy comedy surrounding kids but it actually was quite good! I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The first half was very funny, the second half not as much, but still good.

I liked its message that it’s OKAY to grow apart from people with time, because with time we change and usually in different ways, but just because you’re not as close doesn’t mean you can’t still be there for each other and remain friends. It was touching.

Go see it. All three boys were great but Jacob Tremblay was superb. He wasn’t as funny overall as the other two but easily the best actor. I loved when he finally got the girl he wanted then she dumped him, then he dates her best friend only for her to dumb him also so they can be girlfriends together lmao.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2019 10:21 AM

Lots of teen peen?

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2019 1:53 AM

They aren’t even teens yet. They’re in 6th Grade aka like 11 or 12.

No nudity. That’s the part I hoped wouldn’t happen in this movie because it’s kid focused and I know Seth Rogen loves grotesque nudity but not here.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2019 1:56 AM

Sounds dumb as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2019 1:57 AM

R3 no. It doesn’t. It’s a coming of age story.

Did you think a film with children leads was gonna be some deep philosophical film?

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2019 2:00 AM

They’re no Haley Joel Osment, Oscar nominee.

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2019 2:01 AM

Jacob Tremblay should have been nominated over Brie Larson.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2019 2:02 AM

How could they DO THIS with CHILDREN?

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2019 2:04 AM

And in the end the girls go lesbos with each other and totally ignore the little dude! What creative, great writing.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote]And in the end the girls go lesbos with each other and totally ignore the little dude! What creative, great writing.

Exactly! What a tired ass storyline.

OP has the depth of a puddle of a puddle if he considers this “surprisingly good.”

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2019 2:11 AM

Why are we upset two girls end up together? That wasn’t the plot, it was just a scene that implied they were not together.

Literally like 15 seconds long.

Relax. Hypocrites, because you know if he ditched the girls to be with a guy you would love it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]Hypocrites, because you know if he ditched the girls to be with a guy you would love it.

At least it would be original.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2019 2:19 AM

We’re talking about CHILDREN here.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2019 2:59 AM

Jacob Tremblay could be the next Brad Pitt if he grows up to be as good looking as he is now. He is a wonderful actor. His parents and sister are all great looking people,

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2019 3:04 AM

Jesus Christ, you’re seriously on here lusting after a 12 year old boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2019 3:23 AM

No one is lusting after him. I think he’s adorable. He’s a kid.

If he holds onto his looks he will be a beautiful man one day. His dad is hot.

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2019 3:33 AM

You said he’s “good looking.”

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2019 3:36 AM

Yes. A good looking kid.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2019 3:40 AM

So I am in the theater to see this now and it’s packed with many parents bringing their kids to see it.

Do parents think it’s a family film or????

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2019 11:39 PM

So it's not Superbad 2.0???

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2019 9:58 AM

#1 this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 1:15 AM

R5 and you’re no Jacob Tremblay, Hollywood Leading Man

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote]Go see it...I loved when he finally got the girl he wanted then she dumped him, then he dates her best friend only for her to dumb him also so they can be girlfriends together lmao.

Why bother when we already know what happens in the movie climax.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 1:18 AM

That’s not the movie climax.

That’s something implied later.

“Three sixth grade boys ditch school and embark on an epic journey while carrying accidentally stolen drugs, being hunted by teenage girls, and trying to make their way home in time for a long-awaited party.”

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 1:25 AM

Why would you go see a movie about little boys?

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 1:31 AM

Correction r24, it’s an R rated comedy starring kids.

Not a kids film.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 1:34 AM

R13 and if he plays his cards right...

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 1:44 AM

More dumbing down of America bullshit. Educated people watch this and laugh thinking “how funny of this trash to do that...!” Rednecks and poor trash watch it and go “dang that’s fucking hilarious and badass! Imma gonna do that!!”

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote] Correction [R24], it’s an R rated comedy starring kids. Not a kids film.

I didn't say it was a kids film. I asked why would you go see a movie about little boys?

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 1:18 PM

Saw Good Boys earlier today. Parents have got to be crazy to bring their kids to this. They will lose their innocence by the end. The parents of Jacob and the other actors have also got to be nuts for having their kids in this film. What parents won't do to get their kids famous.

by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote]GOOD BOYS (2019) was SURPRISINGLY GOOD, boys

Missed opportunity...

by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2019 4:05 AM

This movie really makes me wonder about child pedophilia in Hollywood. Is it really that funny to see kids playing with sex swings and sex dolls?

Jeffrey Epstein on my mind, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2019 4:06 AM

Ugh I hate breeder coming-of-age films. It's like these directors want to go back to middle school and re-do it, but this time they get the girl.

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2019 6:12 AM

To be fair, when Max gets the girl she dumps him shortly after. Then her best friend and him date and she dumps him and the two girls are together instead.

In the end he has yet another new girlfriend.

The other two aren’t into girls yet. Well, the black one seems to be gay

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2019 10:49 AM

I'm tired of movies with children and teens. I'm not interested in them and what they're interested in. I started watching It and it's full of boring scary stuff.

by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2019 11:10 AM

The general moral of how friendships grow apart and to prepare for it was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2019 11:19 AM

The trailer is really funny.

I was never a fan of that type of films, but i laughed just watching the trailer (hopefully it won't be one of those films were everything good is already on the trailer)

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2019 11:21 AM

No r36. There are many good one liners throughout and gags. There’s an ongoing gag throughout the film that they can’t open childproof bottles. It’s actually pretty hilarious every time they try.

by Anonymousreply 37August 24, 2019 11:24 AM

R36, I would definitely say that the preview contains a majority of the more funny stuff. They were clearly trying to make this movie similar to Superbad (which of course was hilarious throughout) and even had a similar beer-stealing scene. Unfortunately, there were many scenes throughout the movie which were just not funny. The black kid was a complete disaster and I cringed every time he opened his mouth. Quite shocking he was even cast given his crappy acting and unattractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2019 3:11 AM

R38 he’s a kid. I don’t think him being attractive was a factor. The only one that needed to be attractive was Max. The other two weren’t supposed to be, and funny you single out “the black kid” but not the fat white kid.

And the “black kid” named Lucas got more laughs in my 3 showings than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2019 3:13 AM

R38, please don't tell me you're another race-obsessed Lefty. Yes, I don't know the kid's name so the only way I can identify him is by his skin color. I suppose that makes me a racist. And it's absolutely not possible that the black kid got more laughs than anyone because everyone in my theater cringed every time he opened his mouth. The fat boy was much funnier.

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2019 3:43 AM

I meant R39.

by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2019 3:44 AM

The black kid got the most laughs. His lines were funny and the delivery was funny in a COMEDY.

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2019 3:46 AM

[quote]And the “black kid” named Lucas got more laughs in my 3 showings than anyone.

3 SHOWINGS!?!

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2019 10:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!