Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Justin Trudeau Must Resign" Is Trending NUMBER 1 In Canada

Do you think these are just bots pushing that hashtag

#TrudeauMustResign - to number 1?

by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2019 9:23 PM

Trudeau is too hot to resign.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2019 1:51 AM

Sounds like a joined alt-right and Ruskie troll campaign.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2019 1:55 AM

I will probably vote Liberal. My MP is Chrystia Freeland and while I understand her to be a total bitch, I gather she's quite smart.

So that said, this ruling from the Ethics Commissioner troubles me. Trudeau really fucked up. There is a tradition on ministerial accountability. He should resign as a matter of principle. It's just the honourable thing to do. But I doubt he will. He could apologize robustly and sincerely and bluntly say I really fucked up and say we've got an election this fall and so I leave it to the voters at that time to pass a judgment. But I doubt he will do that, either.

What concerns me most about this is that even Justin Trudeau is so much more interested in himself than in principle that he too is contributing to the coarsening of even the simplest, plainest ethics in politics and by extension the alienation of voters from politics and government. And that's really bad for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2019 2:03 AM

In a nutshell: Federal Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau contravened a section of the Conflict of Interest Act by using his position of authority over then-attorney-general Jody Wilson-Raybould to get her to overrule the Director of Public Prosecution’s decision to not negotiate a deal with SNC-Lavalin that would avoid criminal prosecution.

Mr. Dion’s report, released Wednesday morning, reveals that the Prime Minister “directed his staff to find a solution that would safeguard SNC-Lavalin’s business interests in Canada.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2019 2:06 AM

R3 if you feel that way you SHOULD NOT vote Liberal - for you to vote Liberal (with Trudeau being at the top of the ticket) would just show your hypocrisy based on what you just wrote.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2019 2:07 AM

Justin is good looking, he doesn't have to resign, unless, of course, if he looked as hideous as Trump, then maybe he should.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2019 2:07 AM

He'll have to resign before the election to save the party.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2019 2:09 AM

But you don't vote for the leader, you vote for the MP. Whoever leads the party with the most seats becomes Prime Minister. So I am NOT voting for Trudeau. Hopefully voters in is own riding will end his career.

Plus, I don't think the NDP or the Conservatives are the answer for the country either. So either I don't vote, or I vote for the Liberal candidate.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote] He'll have to resign before the election to save the party.

He is still ten points ahead of Andrew Scheer in the "preferred Prime Minister poll"

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2019 2:12 AM

[quote] But you don't vote for the leader, you vote for the MP. Whoever leads the party with the most seats becomes Prime Minister. So I am NOT voting for Trudeau. Hopefully voters in is own riding will end his career.

R3 that is 100% BS - you and I both know that a vote for Freeland is a vote for Trudeau -

What if Freeland wasn't the candidate and you had some no name Liberal candidate against let's say Jagmeet Singh - Leader of the NDP in University-Rosedale

After everyting Trudeau did, you'd have no choice but to vote for the NDP candidate, because the Liberal one would be a no name.

Face it, you are trying to have it both ways. Saying you hate what Trudeau did, but "voting" for Freeland, as she is the candidate.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2019 2:15 AM

He had his turn. Time for change

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2019 2:17 AM

Well I'm not voting for those fucking idiots in the NDP, R10, I can tell you that, whether it's loony Jagmeet or whatever school board trustee they can conjure up.

I see a vote for Freeland as a vote for the next likely Prime Minister. Not a bad thing in my books.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2019 2:18 AM

R12 then if Freeland wasn't the candidate in University-Rosedale, would you just not vote?

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote] He had his turn. Time for change

and that change would be who?

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2019 2:20 AM

R13... it would really depend on who the Liberal candidate was. I find the choice is generally unsatisfactory so often that yes, increasingly, I see no point in voting. Usually when I vote it's not so much in favour of somebody but to take a vote away from somebody worse. That's why I tend to vote Liberal... very little use for the present day Conservatives or NDP. Many times now I find nobody deserves or has earned my vote. Politics sucks. All we can really do is try to limit the damage.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2019 2:23 AM

R15 there is always the Green Party

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2019 2:24 AM

^ LOL.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2019 2:25 AM

So sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2019 2:33 AM

He should have resigned by now. He won't, too much of a narcissist asshole, he'll never accept that he's a failure.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2019 2:36 AM

[italic]Regardez, mille connards et un million des bots créent les tendances. Les robots ne peuvent pas voter. Ignorez Twitter.[/italic]

The obvious party behind the moronic and transparent #Twitterbot campaigns has shown itself weak and unfit. "Hey, if we keep doing the moronic and transparent crap we're renowned for doing, no one will notice it's us!"

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2019 2:37 AM

R15 after you have explained your position, I take back what I said. You are NOT a hypocrite

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2019 2:37 AM

[quote] He should have resigned by now. He won't, too much of a narcissist asshole, he'll never accept that he's a failure.

So what is the alternative this election for you?

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2019 2:38 AM

r22: Emigrate.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2019 2:39 AM

[quote] Emigrate.

To where?

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2019 2:40 AM

U.S.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2019 2:46 AM

R25 then say goodbye to your healthcare

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2019 3:22 AM

Trudeau or the dolt who thinks chocolate milk is a health drink.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2019 3:26 AM

He will ride this out and be re-elected in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2019 3:49 AM

Does he have defined abs?

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2019 3:52 AM

one thing for sure, the influence and influx of Russian fakeries on social media and places like datalounge, plus places like voting booths.... trump is trying to revive the USSR with the USA being one of the puppet regime satellites of the old USSR

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2019 5:54 PM

R8, if he doesn't win his own seat, another Liberal MP would give up their seat for him.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2019 11:35 PM

[quote]if he doesn't win his own seat, another Liberal MP would give up their seat for him.

I’d like to tongue his seat.

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2019 1:05 AM

[quote] If he doesn't win his own seat, another Liberal MP would give up their seat for him.

Can they legally do that?

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2019 1:08 AM

I suspect there's a long line for that R32

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2019 1:08 AM

Yes, R33. I don't think it's ever happened though...but an MP would give up his or her seat for the leader of their party if that leader didn't win the election in their home riding. There was some talk of this recently when Jagmeet Singh was seeking election in Burnaby. Say JT lost his riding but the Libs won the election, then a sitting MP in a safe Liberal seat would be removed and a by election for that riding would be held. It's more complicated than that because a PM has to be an MP.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2019 1:18 AM

I'm a Canadian and I'm voting for Trudeau this October - we have an excellent Liberal party member who just announced her candidacy in our area. Despite what happened Trudeau has great potential like his father and deserves another term of power at least.

By the way, most American are saying, THIS is a scandal??!! It's nothing compared to many other political scandals and Trudeau is still my man!

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2019 1:32 AM

I agree, R36, but hopefully enough people think the same way. The media is blowing it up, especially now after Jody whats her name says she spoke with the RCMP.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote] I don't think it's ever happened though

It did happen in British Columbia, Christy Clark won a majority government, but lost her own seat. An MLA quickly resigned his seat and Clark ran in that riding (in a by-election) and won.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]Do you think these are just bots pushing that hashtag

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2019 1:44 AM

[quote] By the way, most American are saying, THIS is a scandal??!! It's nothing compared to many other political scandals

[quote] The media is blowing it up,

I HOPE a majority of Canadians see it this way, because I have NEVER seen the media so obsessed over a political scandal. When you CBC News Network devoted an ENTIRE DAY to SNC, they have gone overboard

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2019 1:45 AM

FYI..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2019 1:46 AM

R41 MacLeans magazine is a notorious conservative Canadian magazine - only good for wiping your ass with.

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2019 1:56 AM

R40 True but no matter how they try to demonize Trudeau it's not over till the fat lady sings. And they might be in for a surprise!

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote] An MLA quickly resigned his seat and Clark ran in that riding (in a by-election) and won.

I see. That's a bit different than one just "giving up his seat" to the party leader the way it was stated above.

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2019 2:06 AM

Does principle not matter to anyone any more? He improperly and repeatedly interfered with a judicial proceeding. He is not that special. There are lots of good Liberals could lead the party.

Somehow that's OK?

We're so fucked. I've never felt less optimistic about the future than I do at present. People can't even recognize the most basic right and wrong.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2019 1:07 PM

I still hope someone leaks his sex tapes or nudes ....

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2019 1:31 PM

I'm not a big fan of Trudeau's, I think he's been a "meh" Prime Minister. He came into office on the promise of making life better for the middle class but has actually done very little particularly when it comes to cost of living or housing. That being said, the alternatives are worse and there is no one else to vote for really. There is no way in hell I'd vote conservative and the NDP have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. A vote for any other party besides the Liberals is a vote for the Conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2019 1:35 PM

He’s so fucking hit. It would be a tragedy if he weren’t re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2019 5:25 PM

For sure, R48. Here's Andrew Scheer. He's fugly, as is his family. Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Russian bots must be infecting Canada too.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2019 8:35 PM

R50 They are. Elections Canada and the RCMP have already been reporting on Russian interference in the Canadian election. Liberals and NDP seem to be trying to counter it, Conservatives are embracing it.

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2019 11:49 PM

I don't mind the NDP but they are being stupid now by joining the Cons in attacking Trudeau. They'll never form government, their numbers are way down. They need to align more with the Libs instead of joining in on attacks against them. Singh and company need to start attacking Scheer and his policies.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2019 11:59 PM

I wish he hadn't become head of the liberal party. This is all just a game for him where he plays dress up and gets to bask in constant attention. He's a useless idiot.

by Anonymousreply 53August 19, 2019 12:04 AM

Do you really want this slob - Andrew Scheer - running Canada? I don't and I'm voting against him.

At R49 he and his family look like a bunch of challenged hillbillies - and they are, Far Right nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 19, 2019 1:15 AM

The latest scandal about Trudeau appears to be a nothing burger as polls taken over the weekend have show Liberal support continues to rise in Ontario and Quebec. A Nanos polls has conservative support in Ontario below 30% which is devastating for the conservatives!

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2019 3:52 PM

How are the Libs doing in the polls this week?

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2019 6:11 PM

Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2019 6:53 PM

R56 Conservatives and Liberals remain neck and neck overall, but the latest SNC scandal hasn't had any impact on Trudeau's numbers. Ironically, its Scheer's 2005 comments about gay marriage that seem to be helping to boost the Libs.

Regionally this is how things are looking. The Libs are ahead in BC, Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces. Conservatives are ahead in the Prairies. As the numbers stand right now, the Liberals would maintain their majority with reduced seats.

by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2019 9:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!