Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rosanna Arquette has a White Guilt meltdown on Twitter

“I’m sorry I was born white and privileged. It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame.”

I wonder why she’s so upset right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2019 12:05 AM

Rosanna, we spit on you. You disgust us!

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2019 11:31 PM

What is this trend of white people having to say that they're ashamed of being white? Unless you actually did something racist, shut the fuck up. People like this drive me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2019 11:39 PM

She’s the kind of crazy that will doom any rational discussion of who has the best chance of beating Trump.

Biden and Hickenlooper are the only 2 people who MIGHT be able to win.

The rest are McGovern 1972

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2019 11:39 PM

I like Hickenlooper. Does he really have a chance?

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2019 11:41 PM

She's an ass !

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2019 11:44 PM

R4

No.

The party is going to nominate the most far left ticket in modern history, and the results will be as predictable.

I doubt it will be as lopsided as the election between George McGovern and Richard Nixon, but it will probably result in Trump winning 40 of the 50 states.

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2019 11:47 PM

Life isn't fucking fair! None of us are responsible for what we're born with, it's totally random whether we're born to rich or poor families, whether we're given looks or brains or not, our height or body type or race or what health issues we have.

Anyone who feels guilty over circumstances they couldn't have helped is an idiot, and anyone who tries to make others feel guilty over circumstances they couldn't have helped is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2019 11:50 PM

So says she who probably has a whole underpaid staff of Mexican-Americans trimming her lawn and raising her children. What a doofus.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2019 11:53 PM

R4 Parody?

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2019 11:53 PM

I won't believe this self-hating White Woman until she throws all her clothes and furniture out into the street and then invites twenty Non-Whites people to share her home.

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Why doesn't she give a large donation to some poor minorities and leave the whining off twitter? It accomplishes nothing and is annoying to hear white people wanting a pat on the back and told it's okay they're white.

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2019 11:56 PM

This woman epitomises the Virtue Signaller Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2019 11:58 PM

Rosanna hun, does this mean you will be sending me a reparations check?

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2019 12:00 AM

White guilt clean-up, aisle 2.

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2019 12:05 AM

And to think, she had two hit songs written about her. Her loon ass must be good in bed.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2019 12:08 AM

What a complete dumbass. I'd say it's career suicide, but that all ended decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2019 12:10 AM

The "white" false "guilt" for things that a bunch of dead people did is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2019 12:12 AM

Go tattoo yourself black, girl. Put your money where your mouth is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2019 12:13 AM

Rosanna come on over, the water is fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2019 12:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2019 12:19 AM

I believe that lots of white people now consider themselves as second-rate and/or boring.

There are lots of Dataloungers who condemn others here as being 'white'.

And pop music is full of white singers with video clips with Af-Ams sharing the singing.

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2019 12:20 AM

I think she’s upset with the President and that’s why she feels this way.

“The president of the United States of America incites racist violence . The end.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2019 12:22 AM

Savage R19 lol 👍🏾

by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2019 12:24 AM

Dear Rosanna Arquette and other White people, please stop with this nonsense.

Really, people, stop being apologetic over not being woke or p.c. enough. I'm sick of being made to feel "other" which is what you make me feel like when you patronize me and other so-called POC. FWIW, I'm half-White/ half-Asian but I've experienced enough p.c. bullshit at the hands of woke White people with White guilt to know how shitty that is.

Case in point about 2 months ago this happened. My colleague, a clinical psychologist had mistakenly referred to one of her Asian-American patients by the wrong name, she had confused that patient with another AA patient who's also a woman with same diagnosis, same age, and had similar family/ psychosocial backgrounds. We were doing our weekly patient rounds when this occurred, I had corrected her as I was also familiar with those 2 patients. My colleague, a liberal, White woman in her early 30s, became so apologetic and said verbatim "OMG, I"m so sorry for my inherent racism" and went on and on apologizing, She later came up to me and apologized personally and hoped that I didn't think she was a racist. I was like, whatever no need to apologize, I didn't even think racism when she mixed up the 2 patients. That's not all, the next time I saw her she gave me a gift basket with baked goods and a written apology. Then I started to get a little offended as she clearly saw me only for being half of my race since I'm half Asian. WTF, so no, don't be like the Rosanna Arquettes of the world, don't go overboard in trying to not appear racist to the point that you actually are racist because all you see it fucking race.

by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2019 12:26 AM

Desperately seeking attention.

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2019 12:33 AM

Desperately Seeking Shaniqua

by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2019 12:50 AM

She wouldn't be doing this if she was still relevant.

by Anonymousreply 27August 8, 2019 2:29 AM

Is Patty Arquette the only normal one in that family or is she a lunatic also?

by Anonymousreply 28August 8, 2019 2:41 AM

Well, she married Nicolas Cage, so she is probably a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2019 3:07 AM

Maybe she was high.

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2019 12:13 PM

[quote]Is Patty Arquette the only normal one in that family or is she a lunatic also?

I'm guessing the one sibling who's not in the acting biz is the least loony.

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2019 11:45 PM

[quote]And to think, she had two hit songs written about her. Her loon ass must be good in bed.

Crazy people are the hottest fucks.

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2019 12:30 AM

I know about Toto’s “Rosanna”; what was the other hit song?

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2019 12:39 AM

Straight men love airheads. They’re not that smart either, so it’s perfect.

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Like 95% of white people, she is a racist but she knows it. Don't know if she is a potential white terrorist like 75% of white people.

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2019 12:42 AM

I'm not ashamed to be white, there are some real assholes that are white but so are a lot of black and brown people.

This shit only energizes Dump's base.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2019 12:44 AM

Isn’t she about 70 years old? It’s time to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2019 12:47 AM

[quote]What is this trend of white people having to say that they're ashamed of being white? Unless you actually did something racist, shut the fuck up.

That's a little harsh but that's what I was thinking.

Her heart was in the right place but there's no need to be ashamed over things that she had no control over.

The only thing she should do that she has some control over is just not being racist.

The rest of the theatrics were unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2019 1:09 AM

Now she's claiming the FBI told her to lock down her twitter due to all the "blowback", it all sounds like some manufactured BS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2019 1:23 AM

She’s about a hundred years to old to be spewing teen angst BS

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2019 1:26 AM

Silly woman!

And that tranvestite brother of hers was a druggie fool.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2019 1:27 AM

[quote]I know about Toto’s “Rosanna”; what was the other hit song?

Allegedly Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes”

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Let us not forget Rosanna's fine pedigree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2019 1:55 AM

Hard to believe somebody had sex with that and procreated so many times, isn't it, R43?

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2019 2:04 AM

“I’m sorry I was born white and privileged. It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2019 2:05 AM

Desperately seeking relevancy.

by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2019 2:27 AM

I absolutely love Rosanna Arquette for this.

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2019 2:35 AM

I love her! Thank you for knowing how disgusting whites have been.

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2019 2:37 AM

This woman is more of a Virtue Signaller than the nauseating Emma Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2019 2:49 AM

What did and Emma Thompson do?

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2019 3:23 AM

I am beginning to believe some of these people are actually trying to get him re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2019 4:13 AM

R50 Here's an article about pain-in-the-neck Emma from 3 years ago. She's got worse since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2019 5:34 AM

[quote]She’s about a hundred years to old to be spewing teen angst BS

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2019 11:03 AM

It's just embarrassing to me when white people do shit like this.

Don't behave in a racist manner. Give money to and/or volunteer with anti-racist groups. Speak up when you hear people say racist things or behave in a racist way.

Do those things, okay? But don't make loud declarations about being ashamed to be white. Because it comes off sounding a lot more like a cry for attention and affirmation than like you care about anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2019 11:30 AM

Thanks R52 for the article.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2019 1:45 PM

She's mad because I stole her thunder

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2019 2:05 PM

Rosanna Arquette Says FBI Told Her to ‘Lock’ Twitter Account After Blowback From White ‘Shame’ Tweet

Actress says she was targeted by “toxic and very vicious people” after tweeting she was ashamed of being white

Actress Rosanna Arquette said Thursday the FBI advised her to make her Twitter account private after online critics lambasted her on Wednesday for tweeting that she was ashamed of being “white and privileged.”

Arquette, in an exclusive response to TheWrap, expanded on her comments and explained why she is now hiding tweets from anyone that is not among her 90,000 followers. “Yes I’m locked to protect myself I was told by FBI to lock it up,” she said, declining to respond to requests for more detail on the FBI’s role in her decision."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2019 4:44 PM

Wow, r57! You should’ve screamed BREAKING on that post.

We had NO idea!

(We didn’t believe it when r39 posted it 15 hours ago!)

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2019 4:47 PM

Go fuck yourself R58.

My post had content.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2019 4:55 PM

Yeah. The EXACT SAME content as last night.

Nothing new at all. Even the article confirms it wasn’t updated.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2019 5:00 PM

She is such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2019 5:40 PM

I was on a political thread on Twitter and saw some jackass say something about killing all gays, as trolls tend to do, and as I reported it I saw he had also threaten to kill RoArquette. Because I hadn't heard about what happened, I had no idea what THAT was about, so I checked. Her account was already locked down by then, but I went looking and there were hundreds of tweets @ing her, saying she should be raped and murdered, that she should go to Africa and get raped by all those blacks she loves so much, that women like her let themselves be raped as children just like all Hollywood liberals have, other absolutely crazy stuff.

I absolutely believe someone suggested she lock her account down, and I question what kind of naive, provincial rube doesn't realize this kind of thing happens on all social media on a daily basis. How could anyone in 2019 think that a celebrity is lying about being harassed online? They all are, even if they don't do anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote]But don't make loud declarations about being ashamed to be white. Because it comes off sounding a lot more like a cry for attention and affirmation than like you care about anyone else.

Sure, but who cares? She's not a big celebrity, she's not influential or important, and we've known she was nutty for decades. Why on earth would anyone think she personally will "doom any rational discussion" about the 2020 election? Or that she's deliberately trying to get Trump reelected? Why does what she did hurt your feelings? You're not even on Twitter.

What she said was stupid but I can't imagine giving a single damn about it.

It's just surprising how often DLers practically rend their garments in outrage over something like this, while they chastise others for being hysterical or overreacting. Yeah, Arquette went overboard, but "she's going to doom us in 2020" is ALSO hysterical overreacting.

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2019 5:54 PM

Just how old is this bitch, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 64August 10, 2019 12:31 AM

R48, hit a little too close to home for you, did it? If the sheet fits...

by Anonymousreply 65August 10, 2019 3:53 AM

I have a few friends I could picture apologizing for being white and their white privilege. They all have one thing in common, besides being white, they all live in a liberal, educated, somewhat wealthy white bubble and have no clue how real people, of all races and ethnicities, actually work together very harmoniously and effectively everyday.

by Anonymousreply 66August 10, 2019 4:05 AM

She’s about to turn 60. Maybe she’s upset about that.

by Anonymousreply 67August 10, 2019 4:10 AM

R63

She’s just a symptom.

These kind of retarded stunts reinforce the belief among MODERATE voters (you know, those voters who WILL decide the next election) that Democrats have fully embraced the loons like AOC.

by Anonymousreply 68August 10, 2019 7:54 AM

Why do people like her always have to make other liberals look like dingbats? Acknowledge that you've benefitted from privilege, but don't say you're so ashamed to be white. What you gonna do about it? Just don't do racist things. It doesn't have to be a big declaration. Sometimes, I think giving social media to some celebrities is a big mistake. I've lost so much respect for so many people because of the dumb shit they post like Jenny McCarthy and the vaccine shit or any of those Scientologists and their big bag of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 69August 10, 2019 9:53 PM

Social media has been awful for many celebrities, r69. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 70August 10, 2019 11:20 PM

Social media allows celebrities to make fools of themselves.

This old movie star thinks he can play Jesus. 'Jesus landed the boat and fed them five loaves and the two fishes while taking multiple selfies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2019 9:41 PM

How is she still rich??

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2019 10:42 PM

How is she still relevant?

by Anonymousreply 73August 12, 2019 12:35 AM

I hope she feels better about being a Caucasian American today. Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 74August 12, 2019 8:05 PM

I hope she feels better about not playing anything, R74.

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2019 12:39 AM

I'm glad that celebrities are on social media. People can see what dumbasses they are. People like to put celebrities on pedestals. I've looked on some of the celebrities Twitter pages. And they look so pathetic. They tried too hard. I really think Rosanna was drunk or on something when she made those remarks.

by Anonymousreply 76August 21, 2019 2:18 AM

She's got guilt for being the subject of that got-damned Toto song.

by Anonymousreply 77August 21, 2019 2:20 AM

As a person of color, I don't understand white people at all. They continue to confuse me.

by Anonymousreply 78August 21, 2019 2:31 AM

Rosanna's twitter illustrated portrait is....... sad and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 79August 21, 2019 3:43 AM

She must have a magical pussy. All these fucking songs written about her.

by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2019 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!