Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas Police Apologize for Horseback Officers Leading Black Man by Rope

Oh, come on... you know they aren't sorry sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2019 11:52 PM

This is some serious 1800s shit. Frankly, it is the most outrageous abuse I have read about in this trump era.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2019 5:57 PM

Disgusting and Heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2019 6:00 PM

Wtf?? Disgusting! I hope he sues the entire police and gets millions and more. I hope he’ll get help to his fight against those police units who did this. I hope this opens eyes of many and they vote for the change. This cannot continue. No more.

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2019 6:04 PM

What did the con do to get put in jail? Optics here are fucking horrible. Really, ropes? Though if it turns out that he abused children/ animals or murdered someone else then all sympathies go out the window. Are they so backwards there that they can't afford chains? He's not in prison uniform and chains, which are usually the protocol for transferring prisoners. When I used to do psych exams on inmates they'd be chained to the chairs or tables even the non-violent ones.

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2019 6:15 PM

Yeah the cops should have thrown him into the horse's back seat

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2019 6:17 PM

Just another day in Trump's America.

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2019 6:18 PM

r4 even the basest, vilest of criminals deserve basic decency.

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2019 6:19 PM

They could have called a patrol to take him away. Even if they didn't care about the optics, safety wise it would not be wise to take a potential criminal on foot to the nearest police station. It's a safety hazard to the public at large.

This reminds me of Arpaio.

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2019 6:21 PM

Damn! Why didn't I think of this first?!

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2019 6:23 PM

It was trespassing, r4.

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2019 6:27 PM

Donald Neely, 43, was arrested by the Galveston Police Department on Saturday, August 3 and charged with criminal trespassing.

According to the police paperwork, Neely went into the Galveston Park Board office "without the consent" of a park board member. The office is located on the second floor of a building on the corner of 22nd and Mechanic Street.

by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]Damn! Why didn't I think of this first?!

R9 = Tard Joe Arpaio

Bitch, you did think about it first and in your version menstruating women where bleeding on their pants while being parade for the public to see.

by Anonymousreply 12August 6, 2019 6:33 PM

were*

by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2019 6:33 PM

Wow, trespassing in a public building is such a heinous crime, especially by a man who's known to be mentally ill, that I'm surprised they didn't gallop their horses through the streets and drag him as clearly they believe they should have.

by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2019 6:34 PM

Yeah, they are sorry that they didn't drag him through the street instead of letting him walk. " Hey lets do some really cruel shit and then apologize for it afterward but of course we are glad that we did it "

by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2019 6:35 PM

Sorry about that y'all. We totally fergot that negros is equal people now and all.

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2019 6:45 PM

^ The proper term is “colereds”

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2019 6:47 PM

Has Trump appointed the officers to a cabinet position yet?

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2019 6:49 PM

He's a habitual trespasser who has been arrested dozens of times. Sounds like a mental case.

This is no excuse.

The Galveston police chief expressed remorse that this happened and said the officers were not following protocol. He vows it will not happen again.

by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2019 6:56 PM

Until it does, r19......

by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2019 6:58 PM

The officers were taking Mr Neely to a police staging area. Police clarified that he was not tied with the rope, but "was handcuffed and a line was clipped to the handcuffs".

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Even the horse looks like he knows it’s fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2019 7:22 PM

Even the horse looks like he knows it’s fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2019 7:22 PM

What the fuck is the matter with people?

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2019 7:26 PM

did the horses start galloping?

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2019 7:49 PM

Would the cop have let go of the rope if it did?

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2019 9:24 PM

nothing new in Texas

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2019 3:25 AM

I think this deserves a bump.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote]Galveston Police Chief Vernon Hale said on Monday the technique was acceptable in some scenarios, but that "officers showed poor judgment in this instance".

"Police Chief Vernon Hale said on Monday the technique was acceptable in some scenarios," - this is really all we need to know about how sorry they are.

What they're sorry about is that someone got a picture, and they were caught, not for leading someone around by a rope. The race part merely adds to the disgraceful nature of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 29August 7, 2019 11:02 PM

They are only sorry that they got caught.

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2019 11:04 PM

Disgusting, disgraceful and Sinful!

by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2019 11:11 PM

Tone down the hysteria!

The rope wasn't around the neck of the person being arrested.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2019 11:28 PM

Guess they took their horses down to Old Town Road. They need to find new careers. Maybe on a ranch somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2019 12:48 AM

If Rosanna Arquette were here, she'd tell the officers to walk alongside the arrested man and let the horses run free.

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2019 1:07 AM

It would have been too dangerous to put the perpetrator on the horse. It's not clear what other choice there was.

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2019 1:10 AM

So the 1600s are making a comeback? That’s a massive jump from the 90s. Why on earth is a simple “I’m sorry” reason to dismiss this subhuman behaviour?

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2019 1:28 AM

R35 The police chief says the officers should have called for a patrol car to transport the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2019 12:37 PM

[quote]It would have been too dangerous to put the perpetrator on the horse. It's not clear what other choice there was.

How about waiting a few minutes until a backup unit arrived?

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2019 12:48 PM

Police have to be the stupidest profession in the world. What the fucking hell? This man will get his. Ching Ching!

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Aww! So the lynching is a no-go, then?

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2019 1:08 PM
by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2019 4:41 PM

WWDJTD?

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2019 5:00 PM

Seriously, I wonder these days if they bring back public lynchings would it draw a crowd like in the 50s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2019 5:54 PM

horrifying and disgusting. Texans should ALL be ashamed of themselves!

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2019 6:09 PM

Yes, R44, all 28 million Texans should repent for their shameful, sinful behavior.

This one too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2019 10:24 PM

NBC:

Attorney demands body cam footage of officers on horses leading black man by rope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2019 11:16 PM

CNN:

Galveston: 2 mounted officers in controversial arrest of black man in Texas will not face a criminal investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2019 11:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!