Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beto, just Beto

The wacky lovable older brother we never thought we needed. <3 but here he is trashing Trump and calling him a racist on national tv.

<3 <3 <3

Dems better recognize !! He's an asset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 1, 2019 1:34 PM

He is an asset OP. He would be contributing the most to the country if he dropped out and ran for Senate, where he is wildly popular and beloved. There is nothing greater Dems can achieve right now than replacing McConnell as majority leader

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2019 5:35 PM

How about him landing the Texas electoral votes as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States? Think that would be a big deal?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2019 5:42 PM

Robert... Robert...

I don't know why they say he 'got emotional'. Looks like he gave a nervous Aspie laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2019 5:43 PM

R1= Concern Troll bullshit. You know they have a perfectly wonderful candidate running for Senate in TX right now don't you? And she's a woman. Now imagine the tarring and feathering that he'd get from his base (and the media) if he booted a qualified woman from her opportunity.

The Dems would be idiots to leave Beto off the ticket, whether as Pres or VP, with his ability to draw in TX votes. Why the MSM has had it in for him, I have no idea. He's certainly more qualified than media/corporate darling Pete.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2019 5:45 PM

r2 But he lost Texas to a lowly turd like Cruz the last time around. So what makes you think he could beat Trump as the nominee, let alone as a VP pick?

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote]He's certainly more qualified than media/corporate darling Pete.

What executive experience does Beto have, again? Working in the city council is legislative experience. Marrying an estate tycoon's daughter, raising crotchfruit, and being a perpetual campaigner do not executive experience make.

[quote]corporate darling

1) Not one of the Dems is accepting corporate money and 2) Warren got the most Silicon Valley donations out of all the candidates so far. Maybe rework your line a bit, troll.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2019 5:53 PM

Because, R5, there is a difference between a Texan running against another Texan and a Texan running against a damn despicable Yankee like Trump. Also, as horrible as Cruz is, he can't scratch the deplorable depths of Trump. It's also why Beto running against Cornyn is different than him running against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2019 5:55 PM

We can always ask Castro to step down and run for the Senate. He is very popular too...

Beto was made to be VP and with his popularity Texas and Arizona will be pick ups for Dems. Once Texas and Arizona go blue, the GOP becomes irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] Concern Troll bullshit. You know they have a perfectly wonderful candidate running for Senate in TX right now don't you? And she's a woman.

I am aware of MJ Hegar. I think she's a strong candidate but she is starting off from a point of almost zero name recognition and zero fundraising. Those things aren't her fault but they are things that will take time to overcome. And Cornyn is less hated than Cruz was and more established in TX. Again, I agree with you she's a good candidate. She's smart, likable, and a veteran. I think we can win with Hegar but it will be a challenge.

Beto has millions left in the bank and already has huge name recognition. He would start much further along than Hegar and have a better chance of winning. AND having him on the ballot in TX would still help the Dem presidential candidate. But if he keeps running for president until after the cut off to enter the senate race and then doesn't become the nominee, Dems get no electoral benefit from him at all. He helps Dems more if he runs for senate.

[quote] Now imagine the tarring and feathering that he'd get from his base (and the media) if he booted a qualified woman from her opportunity.

Woke millennials are not Beto's base. In fact, that is the part of the Dem electorate that's most hostile to him. Especially on twitter. Beto's base is way more suburbanite, middle aged people with kids who are socially liberal. They are pragmatic and just want to win and would happily support him in the primary over Hegar.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2019 6:18 PM

Beto is over now.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2019 6:46 PM

Why does no one ever Concern Troll Pete to run for Governor or Senator of Indiana to help turn it blue?

And you know that if Warren wins, her Republican Governor will get to choose her replacement. Where's the hand-wringing?

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2019 7:02 PM

R11 I don't think Pete could turn Indiana blue if he tried. It's a redder state than Texas these days. But even still, if there was an open senate race there in 2020 I would be on DL saying he should drop out and run for senate.

But I think Beto really could win TX. If he's the senate nominee, I would call TX a coin toss race. While with Hegar I think Cornyn is slightly favored.

And you're right about Warren. But that replacement would only last a year or so. Then MA would have to have a special election and dems would be overwhelming favorites to win no matter who the republicans pick. Dems can even move up the date of the special election if they feel like it because they have veto-proof majorities in the state legislature. And Baker is a reasonable republican who openly hates Trump, he's not gonna put some deplorable in there for a year. It will be some random tax cut crony who just wants "Senate" on his resume and will barely try to win the seat.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2019 7:20 PM

I like Beto a lot. He’s a passionate campaigner with good ideas, and I believe he would be a formidable opponent to Trump. I’m very disappointed that he has not broken through and done better in the current field of Democratic candidates.

Mayor Pete seems to have eclipsed Beto, but as much as I like Pete, I feel he’s too young to ultimately have broad support across the country. I feel Beto is more electable, but it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2019 7:59 PM

Question: How much older than Buttigeig IS Beto O'Rourke? Older enough to make a difference, or do people just like to slag on Pete because he's gay and shorter????

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2019 9:02 PM

I love how impassioned he is here. Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2019 9:12 PM

I believe Beto is 10 years older than Pete.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2019 9:17 PM

Until these two incidents nobody was thinking about Beto.

When the dust settles, Beto will be forgotten again and there will be no changes in gun laws.

Trump will deflect everything.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2019 10:21 PM

Beto will rise again !!!

Harris/ Beto 2020 ticket please !

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2019 10:31 PM

[quote]Not one of the Dems is accepting corporate money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2019 10:34 PM

He will be the VP pick for most campaigns. He really is the only one who has a snowballs chance in hell at winning Texas in the GE. I know Bernie thinks he can, but he can’t. They love Beto in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2019 11:06 PM

They love Beto so much in Texas that he lost his last election there.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2019 11:08 PM

Harris/Beto 2020

Buttigieg/Beto 2020 <3 <3 <3

Harris/ Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2019 11:09 PM

Yes Beto lost but he awoke a sleeping giant. He accelerated Texas as a swing state. He got more votes than any other dem in the history of the state. None of the other presidential candidates could have done that.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2019 11:18 PM

As has been said about him, he always seems to have a dance track going on in his head.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote]Buttigieg/Beto 2020 <3 <3 <3

We need a deep-fake video version of this pairing, with Beto eating Pete out and both of their eyes rolling back in ecstasy...

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2019 11:24 PM

R23 But he lost. That's all that matters in the end. He doesn't get a participation trophy for losing. No matter how much you want to suck his cock (which is probably as crooked as his face).

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2019 11:26 PM

Pete needs to drop out and run for anything...ANYTHING...besides Mayor of Butt Side, Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2019 11:32 PM

(R23) Robert lost to one of the most deposed politicians, creepy Ted

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2019 11:33 PM

Robert's election was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]Robert's election was stolen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2019 11:40 PM

R27 Why would Pete drop out? His campaign has been sucessful

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2019 11:43 PM

You're an idiot, r27. Pete's got the real stuff to be an important part of the next administration, whether or not he's the actual president.

Beto, meanwhile, absolutely is a Dem asset, and sexy as hell. But he's not presidential at this point. Pete is (among several others running), but Beto isn't.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2019 11:47 PM

Pete can’t even successfully lead 80,000 people. How can he lead 350 million. If he wasn’t gay he’d be ridiculed for being so arrogant.

Beto is showing that he’s a leader for his community. I’m not voting for him, but he’s been pretty damn presidential the past 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2019 11:50 PM

Nobody is buying Robert Francis's fake tears. He's thrilled that this happened as it gives him some air time.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2019 11:52 PM

R33 = Bernie Sanders. Sorry bot, both Pete and Beto are going far. : D

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2019 11:55 PM

Oh, please. If Beto's been "presidential" in the last 24 hours, it's the first time since he started this campaign.

He's not nearly as well spoken as Pete, who has done a phenomenal job in South Bend (metro pop 318,000).

Every time Pete speaks, he comes across far more mature and thoughtful than Beto does. If I were looking for a quick fuck, yeah, I'd pick Beto. If I were looking for a Pres, I'd pick Pete (between those two). Beto is not a good Veep choice at all, except possibly for Kamala Harris. If Liz Warren gets it, Pete's a better pick (better actually for Harris, too). Pete is white but young and gay. Beto is white and middle-aged.

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2019 11:56 PM

Calling someone a racist is becoming the oldest trick in the world to demonize someone. People are sick of all this Far Left PC crap and it's going to keep Trump in power.

Regardless of whether Trump is or isn't a racist his legions of followers will continue to support him strongly while the Dems stand back and call names.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2019 12:03 AM

Pete has no real chance of being president, that's why he should drop out.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2019 12:07 AM

Pete is an awful VP pick for anyone. What electoral votes does he bring that other candidates can’t? At least Beto puts the sunbelt in play. The VP slot is just there to get different support than the top of the ticket would get. It’s why trump picked pence-he sewed up the evangelicals

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2019 12:23 AM

Beto has even less of a chance, R38, so he should have dropped out after Pete eclipsed him.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2019 12:29 AM

The only place Beto has any chance (and a weak one at that) of swinging is Texas., R39 It's the only state where he polls above 3%. As for Texas, he couldn't even swing that with Ted fucking Cruz as his opponent.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2019 12:31 AM

R37, Trump is helping to incite public massacres.

Anyone who doesn’t shout him down as a racist is showing a dangerous sense of apathy, ignorance, or cowardice.

Or complicity.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2019 12:35 AM

r37, What do you mean "whether or not Trump is or isn't a racist"? It's pretty clear he's a white racist, I don't see how that could even be refuted at this point.

And "far left"? Yeah, you're not a right wing deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2019 12:40 AM

R38 its pretty nonsensical to say Pete should drop out and Beto shouldn't when Pete polls like 5 times as high and raises more money.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2019 2:30 AM

Beto did as well as he did against the entrenched Cruz because he is plenty capable of making his point when speaking at rallies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2019 5:21 AM

And after...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2019 5:22 AM

Pissed off beto sounds hot

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2019 6:53 AM

Pete. 37; Beto, 47

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2019 7:08 AM

R44 is correct that Buttigieg usually polls about double what O'Rourke does.

In this week's new Morning Consult poll, Buttigieg is at 6% and O'Rourke is at 3%.

Buttigieg has also been performing better than O'Rourke in the early voting states like Iowa & New Hampshire.

They're both still a long way from challenging Biden for the top spot, but Buttigieg is in the stronger position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2019 7:57 AM

robert looks way better than chinless pete especially for being 10 years older. i hate them both but wow pete got hit with an ugly stick.

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2019 8:03 AM

Pete is handsome.

Beto, on the other hand, is hot, in that kind of "hot stoner that you know would make his giant cock available for servicing by anyone because he's a good guy who hates to disappoint anyone" kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2019 8:51 AM

I absolutely think Beto has messed around with guys. He's the type that usually tries it in college, open-minded, very liberal, kind-hearted, a little dumb.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2019 11:51 AM

Pete is handsome?

Thanks Chasten, for your unbiased opinion.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2019 12:26 PM

I find Pete handsome too. I wouldn't call him "sexy". But I would consider him attractive if I just saw him on the street

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Beto has impressed me the past two days. He’s really stepped up as a leader for the country. I donated to his campaign. Interested to hear more from him.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2019 3:40 PM

Full video of Beto's speech at the vigil in El Paso. It's beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]I absolutely think Beto has messed around with guys. He's the type that usually tries it in college, open-minded, very liberal, kind-hearted, a little dumb.

That's because he would often make out with his bandmates. There were times when Beto wore a dress or costume.

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2019 5:11 PM

Beto stepped up to the plate and took the opportunity that was presented to him. If this gets him noticed, so be it. He was absolutely entitled to assume this challenge by virtue of his years of service as a leader in the El Paso community. He has done exceptionally well over the past two days and people are praising his straight-from-the-heart, genuine response. He’s pissed off — as are most of us — and I’m glad he’s taking it to tRump and his sycophants.

It’s a horrible tragedy that never should have occurred. But when something like this does happen, we need someone to stand up and express the emotions that everyone is feeling. I hope that Beto is able to secure a spot on the ticket, gets elected, and we finally break this logjam and enact sensible, reasonable gun laws.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2019 6:47 PM

Beto made my day (week probably, though it's only Monday) by saying "WTF" on TV

Even better, he's 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2019 6:50 PM

Why does his entire face look like it’s been pinched?

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2019 6:54 PM

r59 That brought him down in my eyes. I didn't care for that at all. Even Trump - at his most hysterical - never resorted to that word.

Imagine Obama saying that while on the campaign trail? Or Hillary? Or Warren? All of their campaigns would be over.

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2019 7:18 PM

Dave Wasserman, Cook Political Report:

We aren’t too many election cycles away from Texas and Arizona voting bluer than Michigan and Wisconsin, for two reasons: TX/AZ’s electorates are 1) more urban/suburban 2) much less white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2019 9:35 PM

This is all an example of why Beto should be receiving more serious consideration. No one who is running can connect with emotional situations better than he. Did you see Pete trying to handle the crowd back in South Bend? Beto would have eaten that up. He is also a good extemporaneous speaker.

by Anonymousreply 63August 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Not even close to the same situation, R63. The South Bend harpies were screaming at Pete because he's mayor and the police shooting happened on his watch (whether or not he's to blame). Beto went to El Paso as a hometown hero. He's unemployed and no one blames mass shootings on politicians who favor gun control. I'm not saying he doesn't emote better than Pete, but he would've been a deer in the headlights in the same situation (being yelled at by irrational people).

by Anonymousreply 64August 6, 2019 12:39 AM

R61, as noted above, Beto was looking for his wife after speaking at a vigil when he was asked a stupid question by a reporter. His frustration is clear and his response quite human. It was not a campaign activity, and he did not drop the F-bomb to be cool or make him sound like one of the guys.

Trump, on the other hand, is frequently documented using "bad" language in his speeches and at rallies; and is often bleeped as necessary per the regulations guiding the various media present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 6, 2019 12:40 AM

Oh, and that South Bend community meeting was a set up. His local political nemesis sent about 6 people there to yell at him no matter what. Not sure why he still went through with it.

by Anonymousreply 66August 6, 2019 12:43 AM

"Oh mother! The rough boys were using rude language in the schoolyard again today!"

"It just brings them down Lindsey. I know my little Southern gentleman would never speak like that in public!"

"No mother! Not even in front of the darkies!"

by Anonymousreply 67August 6, 2019 12:48 AM

Beto is coming up on CNN with Chris Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 68August 6, 2019 12:55 AM

I've noticed quite a few British journalists and politicians retweeting videos of Beto calling out Trump's racism. Obviously Brits can't vote, but it's interesting to see him getting favourable international attention.

by Anonymousreply 69August 6, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote] favourable international attention.

I see what you did there.

Nicely played.

by Anonymousreply 70August 6, 2019 1:04 AM

[quote] This is all an example of why Beto should be receiving more serious consideration. No one who is running can connect with emotional situations better than he.

Completely agree, R63. I’ve been saying the same thing for months. He exudes genuine empathy. You can see it in the way he interacts with supporters and the way that he handles those who oppose him. I think the Democratic caucus and primary voters in Iowa and New Hampshire are going to give him a much closer and more serious look as a result of how he has handled himself.

In many respects Beto would be a great choice to follow the disaster that is tRump. Yes, we need to reverse all of the dreadful things that have been done since 2017. And we’ve got lots of folks ready to handle that challenge. But what we need even more is someone to help heal the divisions that are about to tear us apart. Beto has the temperament to do that.

by Anonymousreply 71August 6, 2019 1:37 AM

I really thought that the people in Iowa would wholeheartedly embrace Beto. I don't understand why he isn't getting their support.

by Anonymousreply 72August 6, 2019 1:47 AM

Beto is totally hot, but what he exudes is the fact that he is unequal to the job.

What he should be doing is switching gears to run for Senate. That's incredibly important, and if he does it now, it won't look like a loser's afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 73August 6, 2019 1:51 AM

He couldn't beat Ted Cruz, he's not going to win the state of Texas as the presidential nominee or the VP nominee.

by Anonymousreply 74August 6, 2019 1:55 AM

Jeesus...stop trying to make Beto happen.

He's a yutz.

by Anonymousreply 75August 6, 2019 1:56 AM

love the guy, he remains my fave. good hearted man. and hot....

by Anonymousreply 76August 6, 2019 1:57 AM

He very nearly beat Ted Cruz in blood-red Texas. With Cambridge Analytica helping Cruz ratfuck the election. (watch "The Great Hack" for those details)

by Anonymousreply 77August 6, 2019 1:58 AM

A 4th GOP Congressman from Texas announced he won't be running in 2020.

Here's the Dallas suburb represented by Rep. Marchant.

He has only beaten the Democrat by a few points in recent elections:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 6, 2019 2:11 AM

shit, I love the guy !!!!

by Anonymousreply 79August 6, 2019 3:06 AM

All the more reason he should stay in Texas and fight like hell to turn it blue, or at least make it competitive, r77. He is known and liked there, and his time would be far better spent running for Senate than to waste it in NH/IA/SC making absolutely zero impression.

by Anonymousreply 80August 6, 2019 3:08 AM

[quote] than to waste it in NH/IA/SC making absolutely zero impression.

I guess we’ll find out in about six months. He’s made a great impression over the last two days when called on by an extremely unfortunate set of circumstances to show leadership. And he has. If he can harness that passion, it may not have been a waste of time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 81August 6, 2019 3:13 AM

There was a recent poll (last week) that said Beto would beat Trump decisively in Texas. The other Democratic candidates beat Trump as well, but only by very slim margins.

I would like to see a poll of Beto versus Cornyn in the Senate race, but no one is going to poll it since he's ruled out running. But I bet he would beat Cornyn. Cornyn seems more vulnerable than Ted Cruz was.

by Anonymousreply 82August 6, 2019 3:39 AM

Both Colbert and Seth Meyers ran the clip of Beto from the weekend responding to the reporter’s question and both gave him props for speaking his mind.

by Anonymousreply 83August 6, 2019 5:15 AM

To all those so "concerned" about Beto and thinking that he should drop out of the presidential race and run for a Senate seat again I ask this:

How do you know he wants to run for another Senate seat?

But your "concern" is noted.

by Anonymousreply 84August 6, 2019 5:25 AM

Beto as kid wearing his Beto shirt. He always went by Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 7, 2019 4:35 AM

Odious Trump picking on Beto. I hope O'Rourke crashes his speech and calls him an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 7, 2019 4:38 AM

[quote]I hope O'Rourke crashes his speech and calls him an asshole.

Being hauled off by security and tossed in the looney bin is not a good thing for a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 87August 7, 2019 4:45 AM

R86, so after pretending to be nice for one day, Trump is already back to posting vile attacks.

I hope the press points out his total hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 88August 7, 2019 7:06 AM

Great response by Beto to the vile, orange bully. Don’t be quiet. Don’t back down. Stand up to the hatred and racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 7, 2019 12:38 PM

Yes he’s an asset but he needs to go in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 90August 7, 2019 1:30 PM

Very proud of the way Beto has been pulling no punches with Trump lately.

He's pissed and taking this personally (and he should be) and he is mincing NO words.

He gives NO fucks what anybody thinks and that is refreshing in a politician.

by Anonymousreply 91August 7, 2019 1:30 PM

"Being hauled off by security and tossed in the looney bin is not a good thing for a candidate."

These are loony times, R87, in case you haven't noticed. I would respect anybody who made the effort.

by Anonymousreply 92August 7, 2019 2:05 PM

No need to crash. They are holding another event that won’t include the Twittler #ElPasoStrong

by Anonymousreply 93August 7, 2019 2:15 PM

Cornyn is #2 in the Senate. He's another Mitch McConnell. It would be awesome if he was defeated.

by Anonymousreply 94August 7, 2019 2:31 PM

I never thought I would see the day Texas would be so hostile towards a Republican president and a Republican Senator. Hahaha

Beto, you laid the trap and the GOP is practically walking towards a cliff. Beto is single-handedly draging Texas into a battleground state. Absolutely stunning to see.

by Anonymousreply 95August 7, 2019 9:19 PM

4 Republican Congressman from Texas have announced in the past month that they are packing it in for 2020, so there are definitely some changes afoot in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 96August 7, 2019 9:31 PM

You forget, R95, it’s El Paso, we’ve been blue since before I could vote.

We were a lone city in Texas while everybody else was red. Slowly the tide is changing.

We don’t get shit in terms of funding or money or attention from Austin because of it.

by Anonymousreply 97August 7, 2019 10:19 PM

Well, I shouldn’t say a lone city. The southern parts have a always been Democratic strong As well.

by Anonymousreply 98August 7, 2019 10:21 PM

Isn't El Paso part of the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) ? A democratic mecca in Texas that keeps growing and growing and growing...

by Anonymousreply 99August 7, 2019 10:25 PM

My respect for Beto is growing day by day.

More politicians need to follow his example.

by Anonymousreply 100August 7, 2019 10:27 PM

Don’t know if your joking, R99, but no, El Paso is most def not part of the RGV.

by Anonymousreply 101August 7, 2019 10:27 PM

Beto is extremely lightweight and rather self-involved rich white guy. How can OP be fawning over such a twat. An asset? Beto is out for himself, mostly.

by Anonymousreply 102August 7, 2019 10:30 PM

I see, R102. So being a US Congressman for six years and campaigning relentlessly across every county in Texas and getting more votes in Texas than any other Democrat in X years doesn't meet your criteria to count for anything? What qualifications do you believe are the minimum to be considered valid for your approval?

by Anonymousreply 103August 7, 2019 10:43 PM

He has a sort of Mitt Romney thing going on. That's not a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 104August 7, 2019 10:52 PM

And yet when asked why he needs to be President, he stammers. Why not be Senator or a Governor?

by Anonymousreply 105August 7, 2019 10:55 PM

Oh, bullshit R102 and R104. He’s not a “lightweight.” 🙄 Clearly, he’s not your preferred candidate — so somehow you think it helps your person to denigrate Beto, who has been getting praised for how he has handled the events of this week. He’s actually had the opportunity to show the leadership that we need.

by Anonymousreply 106August 7, 2019 11:37 PM

Beto is fighting back against Trump:

"22 people in my hometown are dead after an act of terror inspired by your racism. El Paso will not be quiet and neither will I."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2019 11:42 PM

Beto called Trump a white supremacist live on MSNBC during Nichole Wallace's show this afternoon. Finally the Dems are finally speaking out! It was superb.

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2019 11:56 PM

This is the moment he should pivot to the Texas Senate race. Decide to focus on delivering a united message to all Texans. This is the moment

by Anonymousreply 109August 8, 2019 12:07 AM

r109, Get over it, he's staying in the presidential race and has no desire to run for Senate again.

Why can't one of the other candidates drop out of the race and run for Senator? Why only Beto?

Don't bother answering, I know.

by Anonymousreply 110August 8, 2019 12:19 AM

They're blaming this on Trump, didn't the nit-wit kid that shot everyone support Pocahontas? How do we arrive at Trump with this one?

by Anonymousreply 111August 8, 2019 12:20 AM

Oh-look-at-me-get-a-haircut Beto is B E T O V E R

by Anonymousreply 112August 8, 2019 12:22 AM

R111, you're calling Warren by Trump's name of Pocahontas?

What's wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 113August 8, 2019 12:24 AM

r113, Just a guess, but I assume r111 is a Deplorable.

Ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 114August 8, 2019 12:25 AM

I blocked r111 and r112 evaporated too. Poof!

by Anonymousreply 115August 8, 2019 12:28 AM

r115, that doesn't surprise me a bit.

A troll is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 116August 8, 2019 12:31 AM

Of course, our deplorable is mixing up the Dayton shooter with the El Paso shooter — either deliberately or because he’s not that bright, or both. The El Paso shooter references Drumpf eight times in the manifesto. He posted a photo on social media of tRump’s name spelled out in weapons. He wanted to kill Mexicans and drove from the Dallas area to the border to carry out his murderous intentions. He is a domestic terrorist motivated by hate. The same kind of hate that 45 spews at his Nazi-style rallies and on Twitter. He is a danger to the country and the world and I am thrilled that Beto is calling out this menace. So glad the gloves are off.

by Anonymousreply 117August 8, 2019 12:56 AM

Ok, got it now R117. So if Trump drove the El Paso shooter to go off the rails, who drove the Dayton shooter off the rails?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 8, 2019 1:00 AM

I just want to throw out there. Beto is really attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 8, 2019 1:01 AM

R118 You have to work pretty hard to write a post that stupid. El Paso shooter literally wrote an essay echoing Trump and your racist garbage. You're not fooling anyone. No one thinks you're clever.

by Anonymousreply 120August 8, 2019 1:03 AM

He is polling at 0% in the latest SurveyUSA poll which is a highly rated one. He is done. Bye, fucking bitch

by Anonymousreply 121August 8, 2019 1:04 AM

Donadagohvi, Beto...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 8, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote] who drove the Dayton shooter off the rails? (you can’t have it both ways)

You really are that fucking stupid, aren’t you? No one had to “drive” the Dayton shooter to do anything. It sounds like he was a violent misogynist who should have been institutionalized years ago. He killed his own sister. You cannot trace any political ideology from progressives that is encouraging violence or encouraged or incited this massacre. You can ignore that, which you likely will, but those are the facts.

by Anonymousreply 123August 8, 2019 1:13 AM

Oh god, I would do anything for Beto. I would be his cum dump for those days when he wanted it bad. No questions ask, bend me over, raw fuck me if you want, then ask me to help you take a bath after we're finished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 8, 2019 1:14 AM

100% agree R124. Beto could do literally anything he wanted to me for as long as he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2019 1:15 AM

Beto isn't even a hot brah! How do people become such fan girls of these guys? Beto is Ok looking but please. That toothy horse smile. Also the vibe of entitlement. Rick Perry is a dumb cunt Refug but at least he was genuinely hot, once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2019 1:17 AM

R126 = Rafalca

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2019 1:23 AM

Reparations enthusiasm = deal-breaker

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2019 1:29 AM

Beto lost me when he apologized for being white...

by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2019 2:15 AM

Heartbreaking. "You need to fix this, Beto. It's too much."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2019 2:37 AM

R124 = Aaron Schock

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote] Reparations enthusiasm = deal-breaker

That could be a problem for you. It would be unsurprising if most of the rest of the candidates don’t adopt some form of Beto’s position, which is to sign onto Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s bill; that bill establishes a commission to study the question.

And, the likelihood is that if reparations are considered, they will take the form of extra investment in affected communities because that is about the only solution that would be able to pass and be enacted.

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2019 3:16 AM

I want to be wrapped around his arms while he reassures me that everything will be alright. Beto, my hole needs your BIG penis !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2019 3:55 AM

Enjoy his big ol' feets in the meantime, R133

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2019 4:00 AM

Wow that video of Beto comforting that man was gut wrenching. Beto has really proven himself to be the leader the country needs right now.

by Anonymousreply 135August 8, 2019 6:11 AM

Beto feet! OMG!

They actually don't look too big - like maybe a size 10.

But I'd tongue those arches for hours.

by Anonymousreply 136August 8, 2019 6:28 AM

I think Ole Beto needs to pumice those heels a little bit...

by Anonymousreply 137August 8, 2019 6:55 AM

I'd gladly massage those feet nightly

by Anonymousreply 138August 8, 2019 6:59 AM

I agree R135, the video at R130 is heartbreaking. If you haven’t watched, you should. Beto shows more caring, empathy, and humanity in the course of 90 seconds than tRump has in his entire miserable, wretched life. Not everyone has the capacity to do what Beto does.

by Anonymousreply 139August 8, 2019 11:31 AM

r129 Beto is genuine. He clearly feels and cares about the people of his hometown on a level that Trump is simply incapable of feeling for anybody besides himself.

by Anonymousreply 140August 8, 2019 12:19 PM

I meant r139, above not r129.

by Anonymousreply 141August 8, 2019 12:20 PM

I think he kind of looks like a rabbit...

by Anonymousreply 142August 8, 2019 12:39 PM

I think the trolls are SCARED.

by Anonymousreply 143August 8, 2019 12:43 PM

"Older brother," haha. OP, most DLers are so old they think that Beto is a Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 144August 8, 2019 12:59 PM

He fell from 6% in April to <1% in August in this Monmouth University poll of likely 2020 Iowa Democratic caucusgoers (A+ rating). Behind Bullock, Delaney, Gabbard, and Hickenlooper. As a second choice, he fell from 8% to 1%, and his favorability tanked from 60% to 43%. Ouch.

Though this was conducted from August 1 to 4, which was before the shootings. We'll see what happens in the next poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 8, 2019 3:56 PM

“Wacky OLDER brother”

Honey, just how young ARE you? I thought Beto was only in his 40s???

by Anonymousreply 146August 8, 2019 4:18 PM

Yes, it will be interesting to see the next round of polls. Democratic primary voters are very plugged into what’s happening, and may have noticed favorably Beto’s performance over this past week.

by Anonymousreply 147August 8, 2019 5:17 PM

I hate Trump worse than cancer, but the sad fact is that the incumbent ALWAYS gets re-elected. There’s very few times this hasn’t happened, and with unemployment at an all time low, I’m afraid we are in for another term of hell, or World War.

by Anonymousreply 148August 8, 2019 6:55 PM

Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush would disagree, R148.

The economy may not save tRump. He is hated and despised in a way that no other president has been. He is mired at a 42 percent approval rating and has never enjoyed the support of a majority of the public. There are no blue Hillary states that are predicted to slide into tRump’s column — or that are even in danger of doing so. But the Dems could camp out in the Midwest from Labor Day to Election Day and flip those three states that the Orange Buffoon barely won. He’s not that popular in Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Wisconsin, and in the 2018 midterms the Dems did very well in all three.

This is hardly a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 149August 8, 2019 7:16 PM

Beto's TX fundraising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 8, 2019 7:28 PM

Wow, R150. That’s pretty damn impressive.

by Anonymousreply 151August 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Beto is stupid and I hate him!

by Anonymousreply 152August 8, 2019 7:52 PM

WOW, I am impressed with Pete Buttigieg fundraising in Texas. He is inching closer to Castro and Bernie Sanders. Pretty soon he'll outraise both in Texas.

Beto is such a serious threat for that VP spot.

by Anonymousreply 153August 8, 2019 7:52 PM

Beto hates Trump to the nth degree, gotta love him for that.

by Anonymousreply 154August 8, 2019 8:11 PM

I LOVE Beto, but I think US Congress is as far as he’s gonna go. Maybe he will be ready for the top two government offices in another 10-20 years though.

by Anonymousreply 155August 8, 2019 8:14 PM

Beto is going for broke it seems. The Texas governorship is looking rather doable in 2022 for Beto.

by Anonymousreply 156August 8, 2019 8:27 PM

I need a shirt that says: It’s Beto, bitch

by Anonymousreply 157August 8, 2019 8:29 PM

R157 - Beto appreciates the gay vote/support, but I don’t think the gay agenda is something he wants to focus on. He’s trying to reach a broader base.

by Anonymousreply 158August 8, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote]He’s trying to reach a broader base.

Is that a euphemism for trying to get above 0%?

by Anonymousreply 159August 8, 2019 8:41 PM

I will note that last Sunday, while Beto was posting stories on IG and asking people to donate blood, he had someone on his staff note that current federal regulations make it exceptionally difficult for gays to donate blood and how that needed to be changed.

by Anonymousreply 160August 8, 2019 8:50 PM

R160 - but a lot of gays have aids.....how will we get around that?

by Anonymousreply 161August 8, 2019 8:55 PM

Beto seems like a great guy who has drifted around a bit in life and hasn’t found his true calling yet.

by Anonymousreply 162August 8, 2019 8:58 PM

Beto-Booey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 8, 2019 8:59 PM

R162 - so true. Bet is a lost soul who married into major money. Poor little rich boy syndrome: I wanna be President!!!! *stomps feet *

by Anonymousreply 164August 8, 2019 9:01 PM

That’s fucking creepy, R163.

by Anonymousreply 165August 8, 2019 9:01 PM

r161. Agreed. And come on, is anyone really being oppressed or hard done by because they are deemed ineligible to donate blood???

by Anonymousreply 166August 8, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote] Beto appreciates the gay vote/support, but I don’t think the gay agenda is something he wants to focus on. He’s trying to reach a broader base.

R158 = Troll

Bet has always talked about gay rights in [bold]every[/bold] speech that he has given.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 8, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote] but a lot of gays have aids

🙄 1988 called and would like its ill-informed opinions back. You too, R166.

Beto is on the right side of this question.

[quote] Blood donation policies should be based on testing for diseases, not stereotypes that no longer ring true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 8, 2019 11:18 PM

You know you can always just lie when you go to donate blood and they ask you if you're a homo, right? Those who REALLY want to donate blood have no issue with that little lie, but of course it's a convenient excuse to not go donate for many.

by Anonymousreply 169August 8, 2019 11:30 PM

Beto is in Juarez at a funeral.

He really is a Deporable's worst nightmare. Isn't he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 8, 2019 11:57 PM

If Beto doesn't get any kind of rise from what he has been doing in El Paso this week, I'd say he's in big trouble, and the electorate just isn't feeling him. If he can't move any numbers after the third debate I'd say it's over for him and he should drop out.

But whatever he ends up doing, he's under NO obligation to run for any Senate seat instead.

by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2019 12:01 AM

r170, Wow, Beto continues to impress.

by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2019 12:07 AM

Here is Beto playing with some kittens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2019 12:11 AM

He will be the VP pick for almost everyone but Pete and maybe Bernie. I know everyone is screaming we need a multi racial AND multi gender ticket but that’s bunk, we NEED to win and Beto brings some interesting outcomes with his strength in the sunbelt. He needs to be on the ticket in some capacity.

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote]He needs to be on the ticket in some capacity.

You better hope it’s Warren or Harris then...because Biden sure isn’t going to pick a white male.

by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2019 12:41 AM

After this week, I would agree, R174. He showed leadership in how he responded to tRump at every turn, culminating with the white nationalist assertion yesterday. And he also exhibited boatloads of empathy and compassion.

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2019 12:44 AM

He should really be running an animal shelter rather than running for President.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2019 12:48 AM

If Beto doesn't get a bump in the polls ofter this week, then there really is no hope for the American electorate, and they'll get the government they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2019 1:35 AM

I would still rather see him at the top of the ticket because Biden is too old and I fear he will be too conciliatory towards Trump and the others should he win the office. Beto will have no such problem going after Trump and his band of criminals should he become President.

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2019 1:36 AM

Agreed R179.

by Anonymousreply 180August 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Think they blew each other?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 9, 2019 3:21 AM

R177 = Mayor Pete

by Anonymousreply 182August 9, 2019 4:12 PM

They were the three "young, athletic " members of Congress back when that was a thing, R181.

by Anonymousreply 183August 9, 2019 4:22 PM

I have Mayor Pete blocked.

by Anonymousreply 184August 9, 2019 5:05 PM

Beto is a total non-starter for President. He has no traction at all, not even close to Pete’s perpetual 5%, and even further from the four front runners of Warren, Bernie, Biden, and Harris.

by Anonymousreply 185August 9, 2019 5:32 PM

Beto needs to hang it up and start looking toward the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 186August 9, 2019 5:34 PM

That is ludicrous, R185 and R186. After how he handled himself in the midst of the shooting crisis this week he most definitely should NOT drop out at this point. He caught a great deal of favorable attention from a lot of people and those numbers may move.

If this is a job interview — and it is — then he had the opportunity to show how he would handle the actual job. By almost all accounts he was great and handled himself and the situation quite admirably. He has qualified for the September debate. I want to see how things play out when the debate stage clears out a bit. His immigration and climate change plans appear to be spot on.

Oh, and he’s not running for the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 187August 9, 2019 6:16 PM

R186 Inane GOP talking point. If you think he can win TX for the Senate, it stands to reason he can win TX for the Presidency.

Also, those polls of registered Democrat voters don't take this into account:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 9, 2019 6:17 PM

That number from independents is a big deal. Perhaps that’s why his polling hasn’t been great but campaign staff on the street and local Iowa press have noticed that the enthusiasm for him on the ground isn’t reflected accurately in polls

by Anonymousreply 189August 9, 2019 6:39 PM

Yes. The DNC ignores that data at its peril. I say this as a registered Independent, Beto volunteer and donor.

by Anonymousreply 190August 9, 2019 6:42 PM

Just block the Pete troll. He does this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 191August 9, 2019 7:38 PM

Beto should be the favorite for the VP spot. When you see those numbers and you consider Texas and Arizona, the path is very clear that the top of the ticket should be someone that can carry Michigan and Pennsylvania and the VP should be Beto who can take care of the rest of the Southwest.

Biden/ Beto

Pete/ Beto

Warren/ Beto

Harris/ Beto

Bernie/ Not Beto

by Anonymousreply 192August 9, 2019 8:12 PM

Bernie won't be the nominee so that works out.

by Anonymousreply 193August 9, 2019 8:32 PM

Bernie’s appeal is so narrow that he’ll need a super moderate candidate on the ticket, which he’s too stubborn to even entertain, so any ticket with him at the top is a loser

He’s also the only candidate not attending the candlelight vigil betos Iowa team has organised for tonight. Selfish prick

by Anonymousreply 194August 9, 2019 8:37 PM

Harris/Beto is my dream ticket 🎫

by Anonymousreply 195August 9, 2019 10:21 PM

He drifted for years, and sounded angry and anarchist. Til he met a rich girl and her daddy started promoting him.

He's not POTUS material.

by Anonymousreply 196August 9, 2019 10:49 PM

Well, Beto/Oprah is my dream ticket.

by Anonymousreply 197August 10, 2019 12:31 AM

Beto did himself some good in El Paso this past week. He's not out of the running for VP yet.

by Anonymousreply 198August 10, 2019 12:35 AM

He will be in the White House some day.

soon.

by Anonymousreply 199August 10, 2019 1:19 AM

Beto was in the process of running for city council already when he met his future wife.

by Anonymousreply 200August 10, 2019 1:38 AM

Beto grew up in a politically influential family in Texas. From there, he married into money. Listen, he's a good guy. I like him. I'm sure he'd do fine as president. But he's not the most impressive, although I was very impressed with how he's handled the El Paso shooting.

by Anonymousreply 201August 10, 2019 1:44 AM

On exactly WHAT FUCKING PLANET does Beto have ANY appeal outside of Texas, r192? I live in AZ and I guarantee you nobody here gives a flying fuck about Bobby O'Rourke. Do you seriously think any Hispanic person takes his schtick seriously?

by Anonymousreply 202August 10, 2019 5:10 AM

The empathy and real ness he’s shown this week makes me like him a little more. It’s refreshing to see a politician raw and unscripted, even though the circumstances are monumentally horrific. I never donate to politicians out of principle, but I gave him a few bucks after this week. I don’t think he’s going to be president in 2020, but he’s definitely an asset to the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, he’s gotta get that profuse sweating under control. It’s disgusting. Someone donate some underarm Botox!

by Anonymousreply 203August 10, 2019 5:24 AM

Hacking computers; burglary; DWI...

Stop voting with your dick. American men did that and they picked Mekania over Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 204August 10, 2019 6:03 AM

r203 did you donate to Pete ?

by Anonymousreply 205August 10, 2019 6:03 AM

I want Beto's dick facefucking me!!!

by Anonymousreply 206August 10, 2019 7:24 AM

I want a Beto resurgence. Guy needs to catch a break. I am also tired of looking at old men in the news.

by Anonymousreply 207August 10, 2019 7:39 AM

[quote]Beto should be the favorite for the VP spot. When you see those numbers and you consider Texas and Arizona, the path is very clear that the top of the ticket should be someone that can carry Michigan and Pennsylvania and the VP should be Beto

Absolutely wrong. Beto only works as a potential Veep for one person, Kamala Harris.

He is a middle-aged, straight white man. That's not going to happen for Veep. If Harris gets the nomination, well, it could and would work. But not for Warren, and definitely not in the unlikely chance of Bernie or Biden. (And if it's Castro or Booker - of course, it won't be, but if it were - they would need a female running mate).

This Beto troll is kind of tiresome. It's one obsessed person, over and over and over again. Yeah, we get it. We REALLY get it. We know exactly what you're all about, trust us.

by Anonymousreply 208August 10, 2019 8:28 AM

R202 Isn't Arizona where Deplorables go to retire?

by Anonymousreply 209August 10, 2019 10:55 AM

Beto will never become President, but I’m infatuated with him because I suspect he has an ANACONDA in his trousers. I just wish there was a way I could find out.

by Anonymousreply 210August 10, 2019 3:31 PM

Isn't California where illegals go to get driver's licences and free healthcare, r209? Aren't stupid generalizations fun?

You're talking about Florida anyway. It's too hot here in the summer for most full-time retirees.

by Anonymousreply 211August 10, 2019 3:41 PM

As earlier predicted, Beto has fallen into the very back of the pack again after making as much as he could from the recent horrors.

America will move on, tRump will spin this into some sort of other issue (mental illness) and nothing will be done to change gun laws. There will be talk but no action.

Until the Senate if flipped, Moscow Mitch is sent packing and that maniac is out of the WH, nothing will change.

by Anonymousreply 212August 10, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote] As earlier predicted, Beto has fallen into the very back of the pack again after making as much as he could from the recent horrors.

Based on what polling, exactly? Have there even been any polls released that take into account the past seven days?

by Anonymousreply 213August 10, 2019 8:19 PM

Say that again, R202.

Share of donation total (via donors who gave more than $200) from Latino donors:

O'Rourke: 5.3% Sanders: 3.5% Biden: 1.6% Harris: 1.6% Booker: 1.2% Buttigieg: 1.1% Warren: 0.7%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 10, 2019 9:37 PM

As of Friday, Beto is polling at a high of 3% to a low of 0.

Google is a tool of the internet. Try "latest polling, democratic primary".

It's all there.

by Anonymousreply 215August 10, 2019 9:39 PM

r214 Do you know how math works, right ? 5.3% of Beto's donations were from Latino donors. Beto's total donations were 3.6 million dollars. So he got 190k dollars from Latinos.

Pete has 1.1% from Latinos. He raised a total of 25 million. So he got 260k dollars from Latinos. And you don't even have to calculate for Sanders and Biden.

by Anonymousreply 216August 10, 2019 9:44 PM

[quote] Google is a tool of the internet. Try "latest polling, democratic primary".

You’re the one who made the assertion without citing a source. “It’s all there.” Yeah, right. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 217August 10, 2019 9:52 PM

well it is all there. 3% is bad, 0% speaks for its' self.

all the latest polls are listed.

nice emoji though.

by Anonymousreply 218August 10, 2019 10:15 PM

Historically speaking, most voters under 45 years of age don't donate early in the primary. A more accurate assessment would be polling in early January 2020 when political awareness peaks in the under 45 years of age population.

You should be seeing people over 50 years of age donating the most since older voters are more politically involved. Also, whites are the oldest demographic in the United States, so it's not a surprise to see them as the top donating demographic in the $200 [or more] bracket.

What I find very encouraging is the distribution of donations of younger voters, most are currently found under the $200 benchmark and not covered in the article above, but they tilt more towards Yang, O'Rourke, Harris, Buttigieg, and Sanders.

Whites are the oldest demographic in the US followed by African Americans. Meanwhile, Asian and Hispanics are the youngest demographics in the nation. 2020 should be a year of many firsts.

by Anonymousreply 219August 10, 2019 10:47 PM

BTW, the biggest takeaway in the article linked by Alex Kotch (@ R214) is that older white males are ok with Pete Buttigieg running for president.

Pete Buttigieg received the [bold]largest[/bold] share of donations by a few million, and currently the top donors in the $200 of more bracket are older white voters. You have to believe that support will only be amplified once the younger demographics start opening their wallets.

[bold]Gays Win[/bold] !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 10, 2019 11:04 PM

Buttigieg’s best chance at moving to Washington is as Kamala Harris’ running mate. Everyone of his supporters should be donating to her right now.

by Anonymousreply 221August 11, 2019 1:30 AM

Nice try, Kamala fan at r221. Kamala's polling has collapsed. She's statistically tied with Pete in many recent polls. Biden still leading by a lot, then Bernie and Warren. Kamala's chances are as good as Pete's, so I'll continue donating to Pete.

by Anonymousreply 222August 11, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]Nice try, Kamala fan at [R221]. Kamala's polling has collapsed.

Buttigieg polls at least 5 points below Kamala in every poll on record.

So, if she has “collapsed”, then he’s already dead and buried.

by Anonymousreply 223August 11, 2019 1:43 AM

I like Beto a lot. He represents the traditional Democratic platform is a very forceful, fresh and authentic way. If he is the nominee, which doesn't seem likely, I'm confident he would pulverize Trump.

by Anonymousreply 224August 11, 2019 1:46 AM

Let's see, R2. Ignoring the completely crap and daily HarrisX polls (where they're only 2-3% apart anyway), Pete and Kamala have recently polled as follows:

YouGov (August 3-6) - B rated pollster - Pete at 8%, Kamala at 8% Survey USA (August 1-5) - A rated pollster - Pete at 8%, Kamala at 9% Ipsos (August 1-5) B+ rated pollster - Pete at 5%, Kamala at 7% Quinnipiac (August 1-5) A- rated pollster - Pete at 5%, Kamala at 7%

So thanks for the recommendation, but I'll stick to Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2019 1:50 AM

I meant r223.

by Anonymousreply 226August 11, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]Beto is totally hot, but what he exudes is the fact that he is unequal to the job.

After Trump, NO ONE is "unequal to the job"!

Where are you GETTING this idea!?

by Anonymousreply 227August 11, 2019 2:02 AM

[quote] Beto only works as a potential Veep for one person, Kamala Harris.

Two people from the West? That's unlikely. The Democrats are not going to write off the Midwest again.

by Anonymousreply 228August 11, 2019 4:53 AM

Lol, you think Texas and California are the same? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 229August 11, 2019 4:55 AM

I like him but he’s not president materiel, on the same basis that the shitty grifting fuckwad current occupant isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 230August 11, 2019 4:57 AM

[quote]you think Texas and California are the same?

They're not the same as Wisconsin. Michigan and Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 231August 11, 2019 5:01 AM

But, what if I loathe Kamala Harris?

by Anonymousreply 232August 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Another remarkable Beto interview on AM Joy this morning. He’s the only one telling it like it is bluntly. He’s not dancing around any questions.

by Anonymousreply 233August 11, 2019 5:05 PM

I understand that this tragedy has hit home for him, but I don't like the way he's now using that tragedy as his campaign platform and for visibility. He was floundering and barely making it in the polls. Now he's gotten a resurgence and he's milking it. But, IF he is the candidate, I will 100% vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 234August 11, 2019 5:26 PM

The usury banking criminals of the New World Order like to present hot looking homosexuals as their stooges: Obama, Macron, Trudeau (?), Buttplug, etc

by Anonymousreply 235August 11, 2019 5:29 PM

Everything that r234 said.

Lets see if his campaign is able to raise a lot of money after these tragedies.

by Anonymousreply 236August 11, 2019 5:29 PM

He isn't exploiting tragedy; he's rising to the occasion. It's just been so long since you've seen anyone do it that you can't remember what it looks like.

by Anonymousreply 237August 11, 2019 5:33 PM

Take a look at what The Root’s 2020 Presidential Black Power Rankings, Week 6, had to say. They put Beto in the number 3 slot.

[quote] Obama’s former fixer Rahm Emanuel famously said: “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” That’s a cynical take on the world of politics but it’s true, and Beto O’Rourke’s rise in the polls this week proves it. Beto wasn’t automatically getting a bump this week; a racist mass shooting doesn’t necessarily mean he’s better for black America, but Beto has been one of the loudest, most consistent and cogent 2020 candidates on the dangers of white nationalism and Trump’s influence on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 11, 2019 5:36 PM

R 234, you sound like you’ve been watching Fox News. He stepped up and became a leader for his community and for the country in the face of this event, since we don’t actually have a leader. He’s boldly speaking the truth about Trump, the time for mincing words and dodging questions is over. Trump doesn’t just “encourage” white supremacists, he IS a white supremacist. Bravo to Beto for being the first candidate to say it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 239August 11, 2019 5:37 PM

R237, I actually see that kind of Presidential leadership in Pete. Although Beto is speaking the truth, and I do like that, he's only speaking out because it affected his community. Beto would serve Americans much better and be more effective if he ran for the Senate. I wish he would. He would easily win and we need to get the majority in the Senate. And R239, I don't watch Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2019 5:45 PM

And he's using the word "terrorism," as everyone should. He's been doing the media's job for it this week, and he's been doing what a real President would be doing in El Paso if we had one.

He continues to be uncompromising here at the 1:05 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2019 5:46 PM

R240, what makes you believe that Beto would "easily" win the Senate race? That isn't true. I believe there are plenty of people in Texas who would vote for him for President but not for Senate because it's a completely different dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2019 5:49 PM

I don’t get why people seem to think if Beto ran for senate it would be a walk in the park for him, especially in a presidential year. The dem nominee would have to win Texas in order for Beto to win, and Beto is the only one who even has a slim chance at flipping Texas in 2020. The presidential nominee helps the senate nominee, not the other way around.

And R 240, Pete hasn’t been a leader, not in the way Beto has the past week. He gave some nice interviews on cable tv but he isn’t out there marching, visiting with Mexican officials, counter punching trump left and right, comforting the community/country.. The hyperbole that some people use when it comes to Pete is getting out of control. He’s a perfectly good presidential candidate and would be a good nominee, but he doesn’t walk on water ffs.

by Anonymousreply 243August 11, 2019 5:53 PM

Beto is brainless and shameless dummy who would have been a nobody had his father been not influential and if he hadn't married a billionaire daughter. He had the highest unfavorable rating of the candidates who are running for presidents except Bill De Blasio. When he speaks , it's all in platitudes and it doesn't take long for any one to figure out that his IQ is well below 100. I haven't seen a more mediocre, dumb and extremely irritating presidential candidate in my lifetime. He is polling at 0% in Iowa. A big fat ZERO !! And who the fuck cares about fucking Texas . This mediocre dummy couldn't even beat Ted Cruz and he is expected beat Trump in Texas when the economy is booming ? Sure, Jan. He should stop taking himself seriously and retire from public life and get educated.

by Anonymousreply 244August 11, 2019 5:54 PM

Beto is polling below Booker, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Yang and Steyer in Cast your Kernel, Iowa state fair poll. Pete is polling second behind Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 11, 2019 5:57 PM

And the poll at r245 is since last two days. So well after his attention grabbing shenanigans in the light of shooting

by Anonymousreply 246August 11, 2019 5:58 PM

I think if we compare Beto's response to El Paso (which he's no longer even responsible for in any kind of official capacity), to Pete's after the South Bend shooting situation, it's very telling.

by Anonymousreply 247August 11, 2019 6:01 PM

Iowans are so petty. They can talk all they want but they know they’re pissed Beto didn’t show up to that stupid fair. It’s absurd the whitest and most rural state gets to decide the tragectory of the primary when it’s demographics are the complete opposite of the future of the Democratic Party. I think this year may see a change in that anyway with so many candidates. The people of Iowa aren’t going to pick the same person as the people of South Carolina

by Anonymousreply 248August 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Betos history is so shady. Billionaire and corrupt father in law, family that owned and tortured slaves, arrested multiple times, no proper education, used to take donations from shady sources

by Anonymousreply 249August 11, 2019 6:08 PM

Beto being mocked In Texas for polling at Zero percent. LMAO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 11, 2019 6:14 PM

That girl is a sick and deranged deplorable. Shame on you for giving her any more attention.

by Anonymousreply 251August 11, 2019 6:20 PM

[quote] arrested multiple times, no proper education

🙄

1. He received a BA from Columbia University. But sure “Jan,” that’s not a proper education.

2. He was arrested for jumping a fence (the charges were dropped) and a DWI, which he has fully admitted.

[quote] donations from shady sources

Ah, the dubious Bernie talking point from earlier this year. The one about donations from the oil and gas industry during Beto’s Senate run, which appeared to break his pledge not to do that. Of course it was shown that the donations were from employees — not Owner’s or managers — and nearly all were small dollar amounts. Which is unremarkable considering it’s a Texas.

[quote] He had the highest unfavorable rating of the candidates who are running for presidents except Bill De Blasio

Source? And don’t say “look it up.” We went through that yesterday. The assertion is your to back up and prove.

by Anonymousreply 252August 11, 2019 6:43 PM

Yeah, that's a deplorable, r250. I get that you don't like him but that's low.

R247, that is an incredibly dishonest comparison. Beto was not being (falsely) blamed for the shooting. He's unemployed and therefore could come in there as a hero to comfort the community. Pete was being blamed for a police shooting just because he's mayor. Never mind that he put body cameras in place in South Bend. Of course, the racist cop turned off all cameras, which apparently is Pete's fault. If Beto was mayor and had to go into this type of environment, he'd fail spectacularly.

by Anonymousreply 253August 11, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote] If Beto was mayor and had to go into this type of environment, he'd fail spectacularly.

Based on what, precisely? You pulled a hypothetical crisis out of thin air and determined not only what his response would be, but how it would “fail spectacularly.”

You know this, how?

by Anonymousreply 254August 11, 2019 6:56 PM

r254 Because there is no win situation for a Mayor in that scenario, dummy. No wonder you are as dumb as Beto and find him faultless.

by Anonymousreply 255August 11, 2019 7:22 PM

Chasten told him.

by Anonymousreply 256August 11, 2019 7:26 PM

R243, If you're calling Beto a leader just because he has spoken out against Trump, called him a white nationalist and has hit every news outlet, then the same should be said for Tim Ryan. He's even led a caravan of hundreds of people to Mitch McConnell's home to protest gun violence and to call for action. And yet, you're just praising Beto. And, for the record, I don't think Tim Ryan has "it", either. But I'd gladly vote for either man if they were the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 257August 11, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote]you think Texas and California are the same?

[bold]Yes[/bold]

California and Texas vote similarly in the Democratic primaries. If you win Texas, you are likely to win California, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 258August 11, 2019 7:35 PM

r252 Source ?? RCP is your source, mister. Here is the average favorability/unfavorability of the candidates on RCP.

Joe Biden +5.5%

Pete Buttigieg +1.3%

Elizabeth Warren -1%

Kamala Harris -1.3%

Bernie Sanders -2%

Julian Castro -2%

Jay Inslee -3.5%

Andrew Yang -4%

Cory Booker -4.3%

Amy Klobuchar -4.5%

Steve Bullock -6.5%

John Hickenlooper -8%

John Delaney -9%

Tulsi Gabbard -9.5%

Beto O'Rourke -9.7%

Bill de Blasio -33%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 11, 2019 7:39 PM

In the latest Emerson poll (which is a very good poll, rated B+) , majority of Texans do not want Beto to run for president. They want him to drop out. In the matchup against Trump he is losing by 4 points in Texas. Pete was losing to Trump by 4 points too. Only Biden was winning out of the MOE.

by Anonymousreply 260August 11, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote] Because there is no win situation for a Mayor in that scenario

Which, by your logic means that Mayor Pete “failed spectacularly.” Thanks. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 261August 11, 2019 7:54 PM

r261 Failing spectacularly is not same as not winning. Pete was there with his community, cancelled multi million fundraisers, faced the ire of his crowd in front of national media, listened to their concerns, took immediate actions in his administration, accepted his shortcomings in front of 20 million people at the debate, requested for independent body investigation. He did 1000 times more than dummy Beto could have done. Beto would have hugged 10 people in front of cameras, used F-word to curse the police and then go on every fucking news channel to talk about racism. He is a deplorable and a shameless pig out and out. No wonder his unfavorability is so damn high. He is despised outside Texas.

by Anonymousreply 262August 11, 2019 7:59 PM

If Beto can turn Texas blue, it really is all he needs to be the top VP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 263August 11, 2019 8:32 PM

[quote] Beto would have failed spectacularly. . . . You know this how, exactly?

[quote] Because there is no win situation for a Mayor in that scenario, dummy

[quote] Failing spectacularly is not the same as not winning. Pete . . . . blah, blah, blah. He did 1000 times more than Beto could have done. Beto would have . . . blah, blah, blah. . . .

So, what you’ve done is admit that your declaration that Beto would have “failed spectacularly” is based entirely on your irrational hatred of Beto (and your undying fan-gurl love of Pete) and not because it was a no-win situation for any generic mayor, which is what you claimed. Because it isn’t. And you still have no clue as to what Beto — who has won overwhelming praise this week for handling the shooting crisis — would have done. Rank speculation based on irrational conjecture — well, that you’ve got loads of.

You really shouldn’t be calling anyone else a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 264August 11, 2019 8:34 PM

Handling the shooting crisis ? A jobless troll who is polling at 0% and has nothing going on in his stupid life handled the shooting crisis ? How exactly ? By hugging those who are crying ? And the wounds of everyone got healed ? Every one stopped using guns ? Did he help the police find the shooter ? Did he punish the shooter ? What exactly did he handle ? So speaking to media, calling Trump a white nationalist is all that is needed ? Are the standards that low for him ? No wonder his candidacy is a joke. I mean if you are polling like Bill De Blasio that should already be clear

by Anonymousreply 265August 11, 2019 8:41 PM

By the way, if you want to see a genuine, non-opportunistic reaction to mass shootings, check out Andrew Yang breaking down after talking to a mother who lost her child to gun violence. And I'm not even a Yang supporter. At this point, Beto comes off as if this is his opportunity to shine and not to resolve any problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 11, 2019 8:49 PM

R259, those numbers are from May/June. Apparently only two candidates (Biden and Pete) have favorable ratings?? lol. Were they polling Deplorables? Those numbers are bullshit.

Poor Yang, he needs to hold it better if he is to make it further, because the topics will only get more difficult.

by Anonymousreply 267August 11, 2019 8:52 PM

[quote]Beto comes off as if this is his opportunity to shine and not to resolve any problems.

You're full of shit. Beto has always shown great empathy towards his community.

by Anonymousreply 268August 11, 2019 8:54 PM

Leaders often rise in times of tragedy. Beto has certainly risen to the occasion this past week. He’s building a great case for why he’s the one to take trump on directly. I’ll be listening intently to him the next few weeks leading up to the debate

by Anonymousreply 269August 11, 2019 8:56 PM

r267 5/30-7/30 is may to june ?? Are u dumber than Beto ?

by Anonymousreply 270August 11, 2019 8:58 PM

The anti-Beto troll is clearly triggered and quite unhinged.

He also mistakes bluster — which he is full of — for brains — which he appears to be lacking.

Pity.

by Anonymousreply 271August 11, 2019 9:14 PM

r240 is the infamous Pete troll.

Bashes Beto every chance he gets, and praises Pete to the high heavens almost as much.

Just ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 272August 11, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]That girl is a sick and deranged deplorable. Shame on you for giving her any more attention.

Texas is full of those types. Yet we are supposed to believe that Beto should be on the Presidential ticket because he can “deliver” Texas with his zero percent support.

Okay. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 273August 12, 2019 2:04 AM

Beto starting to take on Fox News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 12, 2019 2:07 AM

Right, R273 that’s why he managed to get more votes in Texas than any democrat in HISTORY and got over 500k people who voted for the R governor to vote for him

by Anonymousreply 275August 12, 2019 2:08 AM

beto will win next time around

he the best lookin and we need his sexy arse n tits in the white house.

by Anonymousreply 276August 12, 2019 4:21 AM

The ones who think he's good looking must be attracted to horses as well.

by Anonymousreply 277August 12, 2019 4:22 AM

Awww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 12, 2019 11:30 AM

Beto's people on the ground know better than pundits.

[quote] I canvass TX voters >5,800 recently. Beto is so far ahead of every D, +38. Ind in TX lean R & he is +68, +23 over Trump. He offers a unique geographic advantage: AZ NM CO NV. And he has proven coattails in TX, able to pull Senate +6 House seats. Most candidates don't have 6 House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 12, 2019 3:32 PM

Too pompous. Too self important. Too arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 280August 13, 2019 12:42 AM

Nice piece in Daily Kos.

[quote] A candidate appealing to Independents in Texas 64%-11% over Trump and leading by 11% in a recent poll of that state, has the potential to appeal to Independents in other crucial states like Arizona and Florida. Trump’s evil plan for 2020 is to use terror to suppress the Hispanic vote. The Republican’s plan is to frame Beto as an empty suit who needs more experience in the Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 13, 2019 12:56 AM

These run for senate takes are absurd! This is why democrats always lose! Do you think if the GOP had a candidate who could potentially offer up California in the GE, that they would throw them off to run for senate? HELL NO! they’d lie cheat and steal to get them on the ballot. This is why the GOP actually wins elections, they don’t give a shit about identity politics or any of that nonsense. And they WIN. Democrats are pussies. 2016 made that obvious. Hilary lost to a game show host who bragged about sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 282August 14, 2019 2:47 AM

Trump is 85% about identity politics, sweetie. Now we have to keep out he poor darkie immigrants. And ting tong bing bong me luv you long time.

by Anonymousreply 283August 14, 2019 2:51 AM

Love Beto, he’s not my number 1 right now but damn, he has the mood of the country correct. And I love that he’s keeping republicans and Fox News in a neck hold, not sucking up to them like Bernie or Pete. I sent him a donation last week. Warren and VP Beto is looking like a winning ticket right now

by Anonymousreply 284August 14, 2019 3:05 AM

Warren and Beto might be a winning ticket. But there are lots of possibilities that could win.

by Anonymousreply 285August 14, 2019 11:14 AM

Damn he really looks like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 286August 14, 2019 11:14 AM

Nice to see Beto keep up the pressure.

[quote] Cuccinelli: That statue of liberty poem was about "people coming from Europe."

[quote] This administration finally admitted what we’ve known all along: They think the Statue of Liberty only applies to white people.

Cuccinelli is an idiot — so, a perfect fit for this crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 14, 2019 11:55 AM

R282 "Beto run for Senate" is the "Her emails" of this election cycle. GOP/Russian bullshit propagated by bots, picked up on and amplified by 1. media who'd rather have strife and drama than a functioning democracy, 2. asinine Democrat concern trolls who can't bring themselves to admit that they were wrong about Beto.

by Anonymousreply 288August 14, 2019 12:11 PM

[quote]asinine Democrat concern trolls who can't bring themselves to admit that they were wrong about Beto.

What makes Beto qualified to be President, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 289August 14, 2019 12:39 PM

In addition, R288, it is from people who strongly support other candidates — like the Pete backers on here — who want Beto to drop out in the hope of picking up his support.

by Anonymousreply 290August 14, 2019 12:40 PM

The Economist / YouGov poll of the 2020 Democratic primary, August 10 - 13:

Percent of Democratic primary voters supporting candidate (+ change over last month):

Biden: 21% (-2) Warren: 20 (+5) Sanders: 16 (+3) Harris: 8 (-3) Buttigieg: 5 (-1) O’Rourke: 5 (+2)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291August 14, 2019 1:20 PM

He’s also polling third with voters of color, just behind Biden and Sanders

by Anonymousreply 292August 14, 2019 4:32 PM

Lol has been Sharon Stone is getting dragged across the Sahara desert for her “Beto run for senate” tweet. Surprise surprise she’s maxed out her donation to Mayor Pete

by Anonymousreply 293August 14, 2019 4:50 PM

Beto is returning to the campaign trail tomorrow, kicking it off with an address to the country from El Paso. I’m sure that will be one hell of a speech!

by Anonymousreply 294August 14, 2019 5:29 PM

I don't really understand why so many celebs back Pete so vocally. Is it because he's backed by Netflix and Big Tech? Is it the trendiness value/wokeness quotient? There's nothing they stand to gain under a Pete presidency that they wouldn't also gain under a Beto presidency.

by Anonymousreply 295August 14, 2019 6:55 PM

Pete will be soft on rich people. Won’t raise their taxes, won’t upend the corporate status quo like other candidtes. It’s why he has the most billionaire donors of any other candidates. He’s a total corporate mouthpiece. Plus he’s gay and that’s all that matters to people in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 296August 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Has he come up with one tangible idea yet? (crickets)

by Anonymousreply 297August 14, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]Pete will be soft on rich people. Won’t raise their taxes, won’t upend the corporate status quo like other candidtes

Total lies. Ho can you tell such lies here? Well, everyone knows what a liar you are and always have been.

by Anonymousreply 298August 14, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]Pete will be soft on rich people. Won’t raise their taxes, won’t upend the corporate status quo like other candidtes

Total lies. Ho can you tell such lies here? Well, everyone knows what a liar you are and always have been.

by Anonymousreply 299August 14, 2019 7:23 PM

They certainly don’t want Warren who is going to tax the fuck out of them.

by Anonymousreply 300August 14, 2019 7:56 PM

Keep sticking it to the Reich-wing Beto!!!! Call out the Nazis for the scum that they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301August 14, 2019 8:09 PM

If the country gets universal healthcare, you should be taxed. It's a cheaper option that paying out of your own pocket and overpriced health insurances that put roadblock at every corner.

by Anonymousreply 302August 14, 2019 8:20 PM

The Houston Chronicle, the largest newspaper in Texas, has called on Beto to give up his presidential campaign and return home to run for the Senate. As a Texan, I hope to hell he does that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 14, 2019 8:23 PM

Nooooooooo! I want him to be VP and to keep visiting Southern California !!!!

Beto my love!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 14, 2019 8:28 PM

He’s not going to run for senate. That talk needs to die. Even if he dropped out tomorrow he wouldn’t run. Time to focus on the women who ARE running.

by Anonymousreply 305August 14, 2019 8:31 PM

R287 Suck on this, cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 14, 2019 10:05 PM

Looking forward to his speech tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 307August 14, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote] Has he come up with one tangible idea yet? (crickets)

R297: Actually, quite a few. Thanks for asking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 14, 2019 11:11 PM

He’s polling better than Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 309August 14, 2019 11:29 PM

Here, DL. Let this fine brother break it down for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 14, 2019 11:33 PM

Beto needs to be allowed to continue his quest for the presidency until he's ready to call it quits and ride a moonbeam back to his home planet.

by Anonymousreply 311August 14, 2019 11:37 PM

That guy is good looking. Team Beto needs to find a job for him right away!

by Anonymousreply 312August 14, 2019 11:39 PM

Beto needs to be a Janitor or a a professional baby sitter or waiter at a restaurant. His IQ is too low for any other job, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 313August 14, 2019 11:44 PM

r313, Beto was a first rate computer hacker when he was younger. HInt: you don't became that with a low IQ

But I have a feeling that you already knew that.

Bye and Ignore!

by Anonymousreply 314August 14, 2019 11:52 PM

r314 LMAO. He must have studied "Computer Hacking : A comprehensive guide for complete dummies" with the help of a tutor appointed by his father in law .

by Anonymousreply 315August 14, 2019 11:57 PM

LOVE the message from the guy at R310. He explains it very clearly for all the concern trolls who keep asking Beto to run for Cornyn’s Senate seat.

by Anonymousreply 316August 15, 2019 1:05 AM

r257, maybe, but Beto did it FIRST.

by Anonymousreply 317August 15, 2019 1:42 AM

"Beto, Bee-e-cause because, Beto..."

by Anonymousreply 318August 15, 2019 2:27 AM

For everyone babbling on about Beto needing to run for Senate, why aren't you harping on Julian Castro? He's a Texan and is even farther behind. Why don't you draft HIM in to dropping out and running against Cornyn?

by Anonymousreply 319August 15, 2019 3:57 AM

Because Castro won't win against Cornyn; Beto has a good chance.

by Anonymousreply 320August 15, 2019 4:15 AM

r319 Because Castro may be ugly and bully but he is more qualified, more talented and more experienced than dumb as fuck Beto.

by Anonymousreply 321August 15, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote] Beto needs to be a Janitor or a a professional baby sitter or waiter at a restaurant. His IQ is too low for any other job, IMO.

“IMO.” 🙄 When you make stupid, childish statements that are stunningly inane no one cares about your worthless opinion.

The anti-Beto troll strikes out — yet again.

by Anonymousreply 322August 15, 2019 5:10 AM

Wow, so the unhinged Pete trolls managed to get this thread greyed out?

Tough shit, Beto still isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 323August 15, 2019 11:59 AM

He’s on fire this morning. One of the best rebukes of Trump I’ve ever heard. And I love that he is forgoing sucking up to Iowans and taking a new approach to campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 324August 15, 2019 2:08 PM

The speech was fantastic and ballsy. I'm torn on his new approach -- I agree it's the morally correct way to campaign in this time of crisis, but I worry that those few thousand white people in IA and NH who relish the outsized power they have over the fate of the elections will resent him for not kowtowing to them.

by Anonymousreply 325August 15, 2019 3:15 PM

Fuck em. Their days as the gatekeepers of the primary are extremely numbered. Iowa won’t mean as much this year as it has in the past. And Beto hasn’t been doing well in Iowa anyway, may as well try a new approach. It’s a good strategy but could really pay off for him. He just needs to keep giving speeches like the one he gave this morning. Powerful.

by Anonymousreply 326August 15, 2019 3:26 PM

Polling 0% in Iowa, polling 0% in New Hampshire, Polling 0% in California and this ugly thing wants to contend for president ? There are a dozen other candidates polling better than him.

by Anonymousreply 327August 15, 2019 3:30 PM

Fun Fact : Pete has more corn kernels in his fourth jar in Iowa Kernel poll than what Beto has in his first jar. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 328August 15, 2019 3:31 PM

[quote] He just needs to keep giving speeches like the one he gave this morning. Powerful.

And the media needs to COVER it when he does, and not go back to ignoring him in favor of the inane "Kamala SLAMS Biden; Joe claps back!!" stories they love so much.

by Anonymousreply 329August 15, 2019 3:37 PM

Fun fact: in all 3 polls released yesterday Beto is ahead of Pete.

Beto’s got balls. He’s going to be campaigning on a mandatory gun buyback program for assault weapons.

by Anonymousreply 330August 15, 2019 3:37 PM

Ask the idiot at r330 what those three polls are that came yesterday in which Beto is ahead, he won't say anything. Prove it, Priscilla.

by Anonymousreply 331August 15, 2019 3:46 PM

He is now starting to live up to his name and reminds me to some degree of Bobby Kennedy. The empathy and telling it like it is. Speaking to power. I just don't know how bright he is. I wish I could combine Pete and Beto. That would be the perfect candidate.

by Anonymousreply 332August 15, 2019 3:49 PM

Here you go boo R331

https://mobile.twitter.com/susiedrapes/status/1162011795776843781

by Anonymousreply 333August 15, 2019 3:53 PM

He got a degree from Columbia, he's not dumb.

Personally, the Bobby Kennedy comparisons make me nervous. I watched that entire speech this morning half-cringing, waiting for shots fired.

by Anonymousreply 334August 15, 2019 3:54 PM

Only in one of those three Beto is ahead by 1 point. He wasn't ahead in the other two. Now say sorry and move aside, honey.

And BTW, the poll in which Beto is ahead by 1 point is one of the worst rated pollsters out there. It is HarrisX/ScottRasmussen.

In the recently released Monmouth poll of Iowa and several other polls of New Hampshire and the poll of Wisconsin that is released today - All of them have Beto at BIG FAT ZERO PERCENT. While Pete is close to double digits. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 335August 15, 2019 3:59 PM

r335 is for . the retard at r333

by Anonymousreply 336August 15, 2019 3:59 PM

#yanggang l

by Anonymousreply 337August 15, 2019 4:03 PM

Can the Mayo Pete trolls go away? This is a thread about Beto

by Anonymousreply 338August 15, 2019 4:03 PM

Every day I give thanks that DL isn't a reflection of the real world.

by Anonymousreply 339August 15, 2019 4:08 PM

The deplorables are gonna have a field day with the assault weapon buy back. I love it! Beto is just like yeah....fuck those guys we don’t need them to win. Any candidate that sucks up to deplorables to try and get their vote is a loser to me.

by Anonymousreply 340August 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Beto already taking it directly to trump

https://mobile.twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1162025938063937537

by Anonymousreply 341August 15, 2019 4:55 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 15, 2019 4:55 PM

Hickenlooper is out of the race.

by Anonymousreply 343August 15, 2019 5:17 PM

It was a great speech. I think he understands that we are in desperate times and that this can’t be business as usual. We are facing several grave threats to our democracy — tRump, Russia, and climate change — and that means finding a way to confront tRump head-on.

by Anonymousreply 344August 15, 2019 5:20 PM

Big dumb bimbo Sharon Stone, who is now apparently an electoral politics wizard, is still being dragged for her tweet. Some of the replies are hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 345August 15, 2019 5:53 PM

Jennifer Rubin in the Washington Post:

After a week of mourning in the wake of the shooting in his hometown of El Paso, former congressman Beto O’Rourke gave a stirring speech Thursday announcing his return to the presidential campaign trail. This was the Beto of old — before the cover stories, before the counter-hopping, before the weak debate performances. This was the eloquent, impassioned and mature O’Rourke.

He began by retelling moving accounts of responses to the terrorist attack, highlighting the grace, kindness and generosity he witnessed in the aftermath of the mass shooting. He sees in El Paso the answer to divisiveness, racism and xenophobia as well as evidence that immigrants help not only themselves but also this country by coming here. “After this tragedy, we showed how strong we are — and provided an example to the rest of the country of who we can become as America,” he said. Again and again, he came back to the theme that the presence of immigrants here is good for them and great for America.

From there he segued into an indictment of failed institutions: “We have a Congress too craven to act, a democracy not up to the task, complicity from those in public trust.” Like Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) in his Charleston, S.C., speech, O’Rourke called for a reckoning with our past. “We have a racism in America that is as old as America itself,” he declared. “That is what has happened in this country. We need to acknowledge it if we are ever going to change it.”

He deplored the ready availability of weapons of war that have no place on our streets, calling for background checks, a ban on the sale of assault weapons and a gun buyback program.

The main thrust of his speech, however, was a defense of the idea of America, one that is threatened by President Trump’s actions and rhetoric. He listed the offenses: banning Muslims, telling nonwhite congresswomen to “go back” where they came from, asserting the Charlottesville neo-Nazis included some “very fine” people, describing Mexican immigrants in dehumanizing terms and smiling at a rally when someone in the crowd shouted out that the solution to the immigrant “invasion” was to “shoot them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346August 15, 2019 7:53 PM

Cont’d

O’Rourke made a compelling case that “what [Trump] says and does doesn’t just offend our sensibility … it changes who we are as a country.” We don’t put kids in cages or see someone drive 600 miles to shoot Hispanics with a manifesto imitating Trump, O’Rourke argued, unless we’ve been given permission to behave that way. And yet our institutions have failed us. “They have been impotent in the face of the greatest threat we have ever known.” He pointed out that where we “give fertile ground for demagogues,” we reap the dangerous results.

He acknowledged the calls for him to come back home to run for Senate, but sternly rejected them. “That would not be good enough for El Paso and it would not be good enough for this country,” he said. “We must take the fight directly to the source — to the person that has caused this pain and peril: Donald Trump.”

And in pointing the finger directly at the president, he seemed to set a new course for his campaign, which had lost direction and focus. However, he said he couldn’t go back to places like the Iowa State Fair (“corn dogs and Ferris wheels”) in a moment of such urgency. Instead, he was going to go to communities where Trump has been “terrorizing and terrifying and demeaning our fellow Americans." He announced, "That is where you will find me and this campaign.” His first step will be Mississippi, where over 600 workers were rounded up and their children traumatized.

On the most basic level, this was O’Rourke at his best as an orator. But from a political perspective, one must ask if you can run for president this way, eschewing early-primary states and going to places far from the normal campaign route.

The answer is twofold. First, it depends how far he takes this. If he still goes to debates and to major events in early states, the time elsewhere likely won’t detract much from his profile, and in fact could boost it. And that brings us to the second consideration: Campaigns are becoming nationalized at an alarming rate, as Trump proved when he dominated the cable TV airwaves in 2016. Iowans and other early-state voters are watching national news. They’ll now see someone who stands out from the crowd, someone more serious and determined than they remember (if they were paying attention at all) from the early days of the campaign.

One point is worth underscoring: O’Rourke has not followed Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) off the far-left cliff. His health-care plan involves the option to buy into Medicaid, his immigration plan does not include decriminalizing illegal border crossings, and his demeanor suggests the promise of change without a revolution. In other words, he’s now a viable, moderate alternative should former vice president Joe Biden stumble.

Finally, we should remember that in a presidential campaign, the unexpected can happen and the winner is often the person best able to respond to current events.

by Anonymousreply 347August 15, 2019 7:54 PM

Wow. Rubin has railed against Beto for months. Surprising coming from her

by Anonymousreply 348August 15, 2019 7:55 PM

[quote] Campaigns are becoming nationalized at an alarming rate

Good. No reason why a national election should be steered by a couple thousand insular white people in NH.

But what will it take for the media to get off the "run for Senate" train? I suspect they hate him now because he's been calling the media to account on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 349August 15, 2019 8:12 PM

People are trying to twist betos words to make it seem like he said he’s too good for the senate. People with actual reading comprehension know that wasn’t what he was saying at all.

by Anonymousreply 350August 15, 2019 8:39 PM

Beto haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 351August 15, 2019 8:46 PM

It will be easy for Republicans to hook together Beto and Fredo as words meaning unhinged. Beto's dramatic arm gestures and over-the-top rhetoric aren't going to win over ordinary people.

by Anonymousreply 352August 16, 2019 1:58 AM

Except for the 4 million ordinary Texans he won over....

by Anonymousreply 353August 16, 2019 2:07 AM

He’s on fire on the last word tonight. Put the senate talk to rest. His gun buyback policy is seriously ambitious but like he says...the only logical conclusion is to get those weapons off the street.

by Anonymousreply 354August 16, 2019 2:26 AM

I admire the plan, R354, but it's a no-win policy in this country for now. It has to be baby steps for the gun nuts.

by Anonymousreply 355August 16, 2019 2:30 AM

Well R355 we don’t know that it’s no win because no one has even legitimately run on it on a high profile, national level. It’s worth a shot for him. I admire his risky new approach. We need authenticity in this race. I’m sick of seeing candidates stuffing their faces with corn dogs trying to schmooze with fat Iowans.

by Anonymousreply 356August 16, 2019 2:44 AM

If his point is to start a movement, then sure, R356. But don't fool yourself that he can win this way. And if he can't win, his plan is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 357August 16, 2019 2:52 AM

[quote] But don't fool yourself that he can win this way.

Eh. No one has a crystal ball. Sure, he can't make it work -- until maybe he just can. I'm willing to give it a try. Because what we've been hearing and seeing thus far has been incredibly uninspiring. It's been a love-fest for policy nerds. Policy details are absolutely necessary components to any successful political undertaking. But without passion, fervor, and an emotional underpinning, you would be hard-pressed to win an election on policy alone.

Mandatory buy-back? Yes, yes, yes. Most people in this country do not want these weapons of war on our streets. It is and has been utter insanity. If Bu$h and the Rethugs hadn't let the assault weapons ban expire a whole lot of our fellow citizens would be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 358August 16, 2019 3:16 AM

Liz Warren's VP pick???

Emo-Texan to her Intellectual New Englander

by Anonymousreply 359August 16, 2019 3:23 AM

Beto campaign third reset when?

I find the idea of a campaign "reset" so tedious, and I blame equally the campaigns that put out these ridiculously transparent press stunts hoping to but a new shine on a campaign that was already too dull to gain traction AND on the press that foolishly runs these ridiculous stories. OMG the Beto campaign says they're "resetting" with a new strategy?! We NEED to report on this! I just googled "Beto campaign reset" and it is appalling the amount of coverage this has gotten in the last week--and this is his SECOND time pulling this trick! This is the SECOND reset! I guess I'm more mad at the media than any campaign that does this, you can't really fault the campaign when the media incentivizes this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 360August 16, 2019 3:40 AM

The horse race the media is pushing really is starting to get out of control. CNN is the worst perpetrator of it. They turned the second debate into the hunger games. I was embarrassed for them.

by Anonymousreply 361August 16, 2019 3:57 AM

Still up there. 👍👍🍆💦🍑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362August 16, 2019 4:05 AM

[quote]Put the senate talk to rest.

Valid point.

Although people want Beto to follow Hickenlooper's lead, he's not in the strong position in Texas that Hickenlooper is in Colorado.

Beto would be in a much tougher fight against Cornyn in Texas, whereas Hickenlooper is the favorite to win in Colorado:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 16, 2019 6:53 AM

Anyone who thinks that Beto's speech yesterday was "hysterical" is a closet Trump-lover who doesn't object to the rule of law, the Constitution, and the whole damn nation being flushed straight down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 364August 16, 2019 1:00 PM

Beto has the Beto haters shook.

Go Beto Go!

by Anonymousreply 365August 16, 2019 2:08 PM

Another D lister, Bradley Whitfield, tweeted Beto directly to run for senate. Bradley is a MAJOR Pete donor. Methinks all these Pete supporters feel threatened. They aren’t being genuine, they just want Beto out of the way. This systematic bullying of Beto is ridiculous. He’s a grown man who can make his own choice. And we continue to ignore the senate candidates who ARE running at our peril. Dems are a fucking mess. If the GOP had a Beto they would have already anointed him their nominee.

by Anonymousreply 366August 16, 2019 2:13 PM

And r366, all these "Woke" and "Feminist" people all keep ignoring that there is a perfectly fine woman who is ALREADY running for that Senate seat in Texas. Yet, they want Beto to come in and basically push her aside and take the Democratic nomination for that seat himself. All because they support Pete over Beto for president.

I don't say this very often about liberals and Democrats but it fits here, they are a bunch of HYPOCRITES.

by Anonymousreply 367August 16, 2019 2:28 PM

Yeah, a lot of these people are just hoping to narrow the field.

Someone said that Beto gave the El Paso speech yesterday without the aid of a teleprompter. Is that accurate?? If so, it makes the speech, which I thought was well-developed and well-delivered, all the more impressive if he did that without notes or teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 368August 16, 2019 2:40 PM

Beto also wants to hold social media accountable for fostering online hate. Something Pete would never do to his college brah Zuckerberg.

[quote] His plan also aims to curb hate online with new requirements and legal liabilities for social media giants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369August 16, 2019 2:44 PM

So Robert Francis wants the US to be like the US where people are actually tossed in prison for saying on Facebook that their ex-husband's new wife looks like a horse or for daring to bring attention to crazy trans shit. Cute. Though maybe he should run for office in either China or North Korea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370August 16, 2019 3:00 PM

I find him far too woke for a general election.

by Anonymousreply 371August 16, 2019 3:07 PM

50% of the guns are owned by 3% of the population and they’re all deplorables anyway. I don’t think the assault weapon buy back is a deal breaker. It’s never been tried because every other democrat has been too chicken shit to go there. Every other country in the world responded to mass shootings by doing a buy back program and it worked. Why can’t we figure that out? Go Beto! The time of trying to coddle to deplorables is over. They aren’t “coming back” to the Democratic Party and we don’t need them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 372August 16, 2019 3:16 PM

It's comical how cretins think that calling Beto by his given name is supposed to be some sort of insult.

by Anonymousreply 373August 16, 2019 3:28 PM

Even if by some miracle Beto rises from the ashes of his 2% polling to win the nomination, in what universe do you think gun-loving or even gun-liking independents and former Republicans (whom we need to win) will vote for him with a mandatory buy-back program? I say this as a gun-hater. You know well and good that Republicans would talk about nothing else during the general but "Beto's comin' to get yer guns!!!"

by Anonymousreply 374August 16, 2019 3:36 PM

It’s a position that could drum up a lot of support with democrats. It’s not a gun back. It’s getting weapons of war off the streets. If democrats show up then democrats win. Ask Hillary about that.

by Anonymousreply 375August 16, 2019 3:42 PM

Beto ran in Texas on strict gun control and he won independents AND 500k republicans.

by Anonymousreply 376August 16, 2019 3:46 PM

And he lost Texas. So what's your point, R376?

by Anonymousreply 377August 16, 2019 3:47 PM

That it’s possible to bring independents and republicans to the table when it comes to gun control. The NRA wants us all to believe that it’s a non starter but I think that’s bullshit. Beto has proven to be a pretty convincing messenger.

by Anonymousreply 378August 16, 2019 4:00 PM

It’s an assault weapons buy back. There are very few people who think that those weapons belong on the street. This should energize voters not turn them away.

by Anonymousreply 379August 16, 2019 4:04 PM

Exactly R379. I think people are just upset that their candidate of choice didn’t have the stones to call for it first. It’ll be hilarious to see how the other candidates respond to this. Beto continues to raise the stakes.

by Anonymousreply 380August 16, 2019 4:14 PM

Does Beto even have a job? Or is his weird wife still paying the bills like she did after he failed his last election and went on a road trip? He's just a gigolo isn't he? And a dopey looking one as well. She could do better.

by Anonymousreply 381August 16, 2019 4:32 PM

r381 No job. He is a privileged trust fund baby.

by Anonymousreply 382August 16, 2019 4:40 PM

R380 and R381

🙄

Try harder. Or, better still, don’t try at all.

by Anonymousreply 383August 16, 2019 4:49 PM

R383 I'm R381 but not R380. But keep on accusing multiple people of being one person like the paranoid cunt that you are. Oh and keep WWing yourself. That's always cute.

by Anonymousreply 384August 16, 2019 4:58 PM

You are fucking loon. I never said that 381 and 383 were the same person. Never said it. Your tiny, fevered brain came up with that — all on your very own.

You are also not too bright. You do know how the word “and” can be used, don’t you? Identifying two people together — thus, “A and B” — is most definitely not the same as saying “A and B are one person.”

Also, I have never given myself a WW. Ever. That may be difficult for you to comprehend, but, oh well.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 385August 16, 2019 5:23 PM

Any shirtless pics?

by Anonymousreply 387August 16, 2019 5:41 PM

Beto is in Mississippi today meeting with the victims of the ICE raids a couple of weeks ago. That is a compassionate leader. Other candidates are going down big slides and eating fried pork. Beto may not go far but he’s setting an example of how a politician should behave in a time of crisis.

by Anonymousreply 388August 16, 2019 6:52 PM

Victims of the ICE raids... you mean the people who had their SS numbers stolen?

by Anonymousreply 389August 16, 2019 6:55 PM

The Beto hater(s) in this thread continue to try to bring him down but they can't!

Go Beto Go!

by Anonymousreply 390August 16, 2019 8:28 PM

I hope that everyone in this thread (apart from the unhinged Pete fangirl) donates to Beto this weekend. They took two weeks off from fundraising and need to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 391August 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Beto will be on Meet the Press this Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 392August 16, 2019 10:35 PM

I've only seen flailing arms like his on autistic people. And crack heads. So I'm having a hard time with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393August 16, 2019 10:52 PM

Obama was criticised for flailing arms too

by Anonymousreply 394August 17, 2019 12:06 AM

Obama's arms never flailed. Pete's temperament is closer to Obama's than Beto's. Not saying one is good and the other bad. It's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 395August 17, 2019 12:42 AM

Hope Beto hits a home run with his screen time on Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 396August 17, 2019 4:20 AM

Can the Pete trollls explain his tepid response to Facebook hate and why does Pete not accept gun control? DINO tbh. I don’twant anything religious

by Anonymousreply 397August 17, 2019 4:25 AM

[quote] All because they support Pete over Beto for president.

Neither Pete nor Beto is going to get the nomination. Pete maybe has some chance of becoming the VP candidate. Beto is dead in the water. Are there really people in here who are too dense to realize these things?

by Anonymousreply 398August 17, 2019 4:31 AM

You’re lying, r397, about Pete not accepting gun control. You have to make up lies and misrepresent him because your fave Beto keeps losing out to Pete, even with his “tragedy” bump, which turned not to be much of a bump for Beto at all.

by Anonymousreply 399August 17, 2019 4:32 AM

Can't we like BOTH Pete & Beto?

Why do you bitches have to turn this into a civil war?

by Anonymousreply 400August 17, 2019 5:17 AM

Beto supporters think he's polling so low because the media fell in love with "Mayo Pete". They forget he was getting Vanity Fair covers and Oprah interviews in February.

by Anonymousreply 401August 17, 2019 5:51 AM

As if Beto is any less "mayo" than Pete.

by Anonymousreply 402August 17, 2019 5:56 AM

If you like both Beto and Pete, fine, but this is a Beto thread.

As for the Pete trolls who keep bashing Beto every chance they get....GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 403August 17, 2019 6:13 AM

Why on earth would anyone choose Pete for VP when Beto brings more to the table (independent voters, POC, possibly TX)?

by Anonymousreply 404August 17, 2019 11:30 AM

Pete is in the pocket of Silicon Valley. He will never speak out against them. Pete is fine with hate speech as long as he can fly on his private jet.

Beto cannot be bought.

by Anonymousreply 405August 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Pete is smarter but Beto has more charisma.

by Anonymousreply 406August 17, 2019 3:44 PM

Why are you lying, R405? I get that you like that arm flailing mediocrity but you don't have to lie about Pete. The last thing he cares about (on a personal level) is money. He takes no PAC money. The only reason they ever use private planes (from the many small donations they've received) is to be able to get to many places across the country in one day. I get that Beto is hanging out in El Paso, but some people are campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 407August 17, 2019 3:56 PM

R405 Well, he is a pocket gay after all.

by Anonymousreply 408August 17, 2019 4:01 PM

Bullshit R407. Pete fundraises with Clinton donors behind closed doors. He held 100+ fundraisers last quarter. Every other candidate has been flying around the country on southwest. Pete is ALL about money. He’s polling at 5% yet raised 25 million. Think about that. The Wall st goons have SAID he’s their preferred candidate. Pete is bffs with Zuckerberg who has invested a lot of money in Pete. Connect the dots bro.

by Anonymousreply 409August 17, 2019 4:04 PM

Oh noes, he's holding fundraisers so he can actually compete. He's taking no money from PACs. So if a Wall Streeter wants to donate to Pete, they're limited to $2,800 (max $5,600 if they want to add to the general) just like everyone else. Obviously, unlike some people (cough...Beto), Pete is not married to money so it's not like he can throw in cash from his (or his mother-in-law's) personal fortune to continue campaigning.

He is not the "preferred" candidate of Wall Street. Prove to me that he is. Just because people who work on Wall Street or in Silicon Valley like him and some other candidates including Cory Booker, Beto, even Warren, doesn't make him the preferred candidate of any industry. He has said nothing that would make them prefer him. If anything, Biden should be the Wall Street and Silicon Valley candidate. He's been pretty status quo in his approach to both.

As for the nonsense about Zuckerberg, he went to college with him. They weren't even in the same social group. They met up again after Pete became mayor of South Bend and Zuck was doing a tour of the country in 2017. A mutual friend connected them. Forgive Pete for taking that call to see if any investment could be made in his city by one of the richest and most influential people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 410August 17, 2019 4:16 PM

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pete-buttigieg-only-top-tier-2020-democrat-lobbyist-donations_n_5cbe09d6e4b0f7a84a73681d

I don’t trust candidates that take money from Wall Street and Silicon Valley so openly. Or candidates that fly to Martha’s Vineyard on private jets to meet with top Clinton donors and their friends. I saw a tweet where 20 couples raised 30k EACH for Pete in one night. Pete is money over values and he’s bought and paid for.

I respect Beto telling zuckerberg to shove it. Zuckerberg money is blood money.

by Anonymousreply 411August 17, 2019 4:25 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 17, 2019 4:26 PM

I remember Pete’s team announcing a “grassroots” dinner where plates started at $2800. Gave me a laugh. And Pete’s $500 selfie policy!

by Anonymousreply 413August 17, 2019 4:28 PM

Wall Street primary winners

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 17, 2019 4:33 PM

R412, you dishonest cunt. Of course you know that Pete denounced lobbyist donations a few days after that article was published and refunded every penny of that $30,000. But it wouldn't fit your narrative. Beto has just tanked to the bottom of my list of candidates. His fans are unhinged and blame Pete for Beto's downfall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415August 17, 2019 4:35 PM

Never forget Pete has an ex Goldman Sachs executive as his policy advisor and the ex president of the DNC is on his payroll. He’s a corporate stooge who uses pretty words to trick people into thinking he’s more progressive than he actually is. Remember when he compared Bernie supporters to trump supporters?

by Anonymousreply 416August 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Ugh shut up both of you. Start another thread to argue.

Beto will be on meet the press tomorrow. Hopefully he bitch slaps some sense into Chuck Toad!

by Anonymousreply 417August 17, 2019 4:41 PM

I still want an "It's Beto, bitch" t-shirt or bumper sticker.

by Anonymousreply 418August 17, 2019 4:54 PM

Beto is a living proof of dumbing down of America. Every time u hear him speak , u wonder if someone with such basic education and privileged background would ever be contending for president. Your IQ goes down by a dozen when u hear him speak.

by Anonymousreply 419August 17, 2019 5:34 PM

"Beto O’Rourke just went to a gun show in Conway, Arkansas where he spoke with firearm owners & sellers about gun violence."

Boots on the ground is Beto's style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420August 17, 2019 5:48 PM

Beto has a nice butt!

by Anonymousreply 421August 17, 2019 5:55 PM

Wow. Bringing his message directly to the people. Beto is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 422August 17, 2019 5:58 PM

Beto has balls of steel telling gun owner he is going to take weapons of war off the street whether they like or not:

[quote]"appreciated hearing their perspectives. [bold]But as the plan we released yesterday says[/bold], if I’m president, you wouldn’t be able to buy weapons of war for $395. [bold]You wouldn’t be able to buy them at all[/bold]."

Hell yeah! Grab those rednecks by the ball Beto !

by Anonymousreply 423August 17, 2019 6:21 PM

He continues to raise the bar. Other candidates are in Iowa playing fairground games and Beto is in Arkansas talking directly to gun owners, making the others look foolish. Anyone counting Beto out of this race is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 424August 17, 2019 6:35 PM

Going to a gun show is a total power move. THAT is Beto. I wish he had been able to be himself the entire campaign, but I’m glad he’s able to now.

by Anonymousreply 425August 17, 2019 9:54 PM

I think his inexperience and a little bit of burn out from the midterm elections contributed to a slow start to his campaign. I don't know if he can make up all the ground lost in 4 months in order to compete with the likes of Warren and Biden who have a better grasp on foreign policy, but Beto should be viewed as the front runner for VP.

by Anonymousreply 426August 17, 2019 10:28 PM

Any shirtless pics of this fine specimen?

by Anonymousreply 427August 17, 2019 10:39 PM

I wish

by Anonymousreply 428August 17, 2019 10:50 PM

I wanna see Beto and Garrett Haake make out.

by Anonymousreply 429August 17, 2019 11:09 PM

Problem with Beto is he does well when it's short sound bytes and viral clips (that's how he gained fame - Kneeling etc ) but he is absolutely uninteresting when he is doing retail politics and pitching for himself. Get this. He made more trips to Iowa than any of the top 6 or 7 candidates. He toured more counties, met more people in Iowa than any other candidate. And yet he could hardly convince even 1 percent of them to vote for him according to most of the polls. And mind you, Iowans love politicians who do retail politics. Part of it is because Beto has no compelling story to tell. He has no compelling background to share. And his oratory skills are average at best. Don't get me wrong, I know the guy has his heart in right place and his passion is real and that's why he thinks he could convince people by meeting them personally but I am afraid the feeling is not mutual.

by Anonymousreply 430August 18, 2019 12:05 AM

Retail politics is a thing of the past. All politics is National now. When Beto announced he ignored cable news for two months and that caused him to drop so much in the polls. It was a bad strategy. Iowans think they’re so fucking politically important but they hang onto everything the media feeds them just as much as everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 431August 18, 2019 12:21 AM

I can't wait for Iowa and New Hampshire to go into irrelevancy. It's completely insane that we allow two small states that only total 10 electoral votes between them to determine the primary of a presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 432August 18, 2019 12:43 AM

So the new approach (or reboot) is to champion 2 causes that will be complete losers electorally and unconstitutional - mandatory buyback of assault weapons and holding social media companies responsible for hate speech. Got it. I wonder what the 4th reboot will be like.

by Anonymousreply 433August 18, 2019 12:44 AM

Beto is done. Time to loan some money from the rich father in law and start a bakery or something. A profession that matches his low IQ

by Anonymousreply 434August 18, 2019 12:57 AM

He’s so dreamy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 18, 2019 1:13 AM

[quote] unconstitutional

Assault weapon laws were passed by Clinton. Bill Clinton proved the constitution does not guarantee the right for have an assault weapon.

by Anonymousreply 436August 18, 2019 1:24 AM

It didn't extend to the point where people's guns were removed, R436. That will be challenged from here to eternity. By the way, I'm a fan of the idea, but I think it's a loser in this country.

by Anonymousreply 437August 18, 2019 1:30 AM

The ABC reporter who was with Beto at the gun show spoke to people that Beto talked to. One of them, a gun owning Trump voter, said he’d be open to an assault weapon buy back program. All spoke with mentioned how much respect they have for Beto for going there and talking to them. Stop trying to push the NRA narrative that running on strict gun control is a non starter. It ISNT.

by Anonymousreply 438August 18, 2019 1:42 AM

Beto mural, Austin TX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 18, 2019 1:44 AM

[quote]Beto is done. Time to loan some money from the rich father in law and start a bakery or something. A profession that matches his low IQ

Isn't he playing for VP now?

by Anonymousreply 440August 18, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote]Beto has a nice butt!

Naked butt pic of Beto please.

by Anonymousreply 441August 18, 2019 6:19 AM

Typical of DL to go crazy over AWG looks.

by Anonymousreply 442August 18, 2019 7:53 AM

I'd happily end my life if I could watch a sex tape of Garrett Haake and Beto beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 443August 18, 2019 8:17 AM

r434 = Pete's biggest donor

by Anonymousreply 444August 18, 2019 12:14 PM

r434, is the anti-Beto troll, he constantly harps on Beto having a low IQ despite being told numerous times that Beto is anything but dumb.

Once you attempt to educate people about something they get wrong and they insist on still getting it wrong, you are dealing with a TROLL.

Ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 445August 18, 2019 1:24 PM

r442, who Pete? I agree.

by Anonymousreply 446August 18, 2019 1:29 PM

Beto reading the NRA to filth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 18, 2019 2:11 PM

His speech at the Clinton dinner last night was mesmerizing

by Anonymousreply 448August 18, 2019 2:18 PM

Seriously, which of the front runners do you think would consider Beto as VP? And what, if anything, would he bring to the table? This run has been a waste of time if doesn't get picked.

by Anonymousreply 449August 18, 2019 3:52 PM

I'm sort of interested, R434...why so hateful? I understand supporting some other candidate, but your trolling of Beto crosses the line of normal resistance. I can't stand either Biden or Bernie, but I am not vitriolic about it and would vote for either should they become the nominee, even if I don't believe either of them is the proper choice.

Of course, as I write this I realize that I won't see your response, if you do respond, because I blocked you long ago.

by Anonymousreply 450August 18, 2019 3:54 PM

He’s the obvious VP choice for Warren and Harris. Biden wanted him early on but Biden has to choose someone black. Beto brings Texas, Hispanic voters (he’s polling 3rd with them), independents, people who historically don’t vote. He’s a solid choice.

by Anonymousreply 451August 18, 2019 4:00 PM

Biden will choose a woman. Harris has no real shot at the nomination unless a front runner drops out. Warren will pick someone like Castro as her running mate. But keep dreaming, Beto fans.

by Anonymousreply 452August 18, 2019 4:15 PM

Warren won't pick him. She wont pick either. She polls terribly in midwest among independents/conservatives and black people. She will need some one from swing states.

Harris wont be the nominee and in case if she wins she will need a midwestern non coastal guy.

Texas is not in play and its not needed for a democrat win.

by Anonymousreply 453August 18, 2019 4:19 PM

Harris/Beto or Beto/Harris would be unbeatable. Warren, I'm not so sure.

And here's more real, live, on the ground data from TX:

[quote] We canvassed last night in a VERY red TX precinct. Beto is so far ahead w all D's (+39), Ind (+72) and Trump (+23). We are now over 8k voters & results are consistent & climbing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 18, 2019 4:37 PM

What happens when people like R454 see the actual polls after the "canvassing success" they've convinced themselves is reality? I assume they consider the polls "fake news" just like our own Agent Orange.

by Anonymousreply 455August 18, 2019 5:01 PM

Beto is absolutely killing it in Arkansas. Just watched his rally from a little while ago and he had that crowd absolutely electric.

by Anonymousreply 456August 18, 2019 6:00 PM

I hate the strategy of focusing solely on getting the Midwest back. It’s trending more and more red every year. Focus on the sunbelt that’s trending blue at a much faster rate.

by Anonymousreply 457August 18, 2019 6:14 PM

Damn, the university of Arkansas loves him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458August 18, 2019 6:33 PM

Even Beto's numbers are picking up. He would make a great secretary of UN , VP, or Governor of Texas.

I love you Beto.

by Anonymousreply 459August 18, 2019 7:22 PM

Beto in OK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 19, 2019 12:49 AM

If you haven’t listened to Beto’s full speech at the Arkansas Clinton Dinner, you should. The campaign has a five-minute excerpt from it, but the whole thing is worth hearing. He does these speeches (this one and the one in El Paso earlier this week) without TelePrompTer or notes. Oh, he had some papers on the lectern in front of him, but he never looked down at them. This is the candidate I’d been hoping would emerge. Now the press needs to give him some decent coverage.

by Anonymousreply 461August 19, 2019 2:13 AM

Beto = loser

by Anonymousreply 462August 19, 2019 2:15 AM

r462 = troll

by Anonymousreply 463August 19, 2019 5:23 AM

Paul Begala thinks Beto needs to stay in the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 19, 2019 11:02 AM

Local coverage of Beto in OK. Notice the young Hispanic guy, the old white guy, lots of women, some POC...a diverse group of supporters.

(And by all accounts it was over 100 degrees in the hall, before someone comments on Beto's sweatiness.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 19, 2019 12:49 PM

The next debate is in Houston which is Beto country. He has the home turf advantage, hope he really works hard at improving his debate skills. We see he’s got his fire back and absolutely gives no fucks about saying what’s on his mind, but debates are his weakness. He’s clearly not comfortable giving one minute answers. Hopefully the debates are smaller this time to give room for a more substantive discussion and not cringe “that little girl was me” moments that are purely designed for Twitter praise.

by Anonymousreply 466August 19, 2019 2:05 PM

I'm looking forward to this more than the main debates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 19, 2019 2:34 PM

Wow kamala really couldn’t clear her schedule for that? Not a good look

by Anonymousreply 468August 19, 2019 2:53 PM

Kamala does poorly in town halls. She's only good for "I was that little girl" pre-planned attacks.

by Anonymousreply 469August 19, 2019 2:57 PM

Yes, a mistake on Kamala’s part.

I would expect Beto to do well in this debate because climate change is one of his signature issues. Also, the format seems better designed to let the candidates compose longer, more detailed answers. These 90 second answers with a 45 second follow-up encourage “sound-bite” gotcha moments. And those are unhelpful in getting a good sense of the candidates’ positions and come with a potential steep price, as Kamala has found out. “I was that little girl,” has not worn well in the succeeding weeks. (And I like her. But . . . )

by Anonymousreply 470August 19, 2019 3:02 PM

This weekend while Beto was talking directly with gun owners at a gun show, campaigning in the reddest of red states and causing a fervor, and giving one of the best speeches anyone has given this campaign, Mrs. Harris was in the Hamptons fundraising with billionaires and talking about how much she loves capitalism. You cannot make it up. It’s a crime she’s polling higher than Beto. Identity politics is a hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 471August 19, 2019 3:04 PM

Well r471, Hopefully Beto will start to rise in the polls. I like Beto the most, but I would take ANY of them over another 4 years of Drumpf ; even Bernie (and I really don't like Bernie).

by Anonymousreply 472August 19, 2019 3:07 PM

Yes, I’ll take any Dem over tRump or any Rethug.

My interest in electing Beto centers on how he would likely govern: as a President for the entire country. Oh, sure, all the Democrats likely would in some sense, but he seems to be exceptionally capable of reaching people who don’t necessarily agree with him. The gun show is a great example. He may have even picked up a supporter or two, but he also left with respect from people who aren’t going to vote for him. One of the most important qualifications for the next President is to heal the deep divide in this country before we tear ourselves apart.

Joe may be able to do that; not so sure about the rest. Beto has the aptitude and energy to do what it takes in ways that Joe just can’t. For Warren, Bernie, and Harris this would be a stretch. Pete, maybe. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 473August 19, 2019 3:47 PM

Beto is doing a campaign event with Jason Kander tomorrow. That’s gonna be the sexiest campaign event yet!

by Anonymousreply 474August 19, 2019 5:44 PM

r363, This whole conversation is now moot; Hickenlooper says he isn't running for the Senate seat, and we already know that Beto has no intention to run either.

by Anonymousreply 475August 19, 2019 8:10 PM

The excerpt from Beto’s Little Rock speech that the campaign posted has now garnered 2.5 million views in just under 48 hours. That’s not shabby.

by Anonymousreply 476August 19, 2019 10:02 PM

Another day another overflowing room of enthusiastic people showing up for Beto! There’s even more people outside who couldn’t get in. The main stream media’s narrative about Beto having little support is starting to crumble

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477August 19, 2019 10:08 PM

I listened to that speech, R477. He was on fire. I was glad to hear him expand the talk to include other topics, like education and climate change. And it was very enthusiastically received. He needs to barnstorm around the country giving the same kind of speech.

by Anonymousreply 478August 19, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote]Beto is doing a campaign event with Jason Kander tomorrow.

Hopefully in Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 479August 19, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote]debates are his weakness

That's putting it mildly. Trump would slaughter him.

by Anonymousreply 480August 19, 2019 10:45 PM

[quote] The main stream media’s narrative about Beto having little support is starting to crumble

Get a grip. The media was in love with Beto for a while. That ended only when polls revealed that voters did not share the love.

by Anonymousreply 481August 19, 2019 10:50 PM

No it ended when he wouldn’t give them the time of day. So they ignored him back and it hurt him. It wasn’t a smart strategy but that’s what he wanted to do

by Anonymousreply 482August 19, 2019 10:53 PM

[quote] No it ended when he wouldn’t give them the time of day.

You mean like how he refused to pose like a pretty boy for magazine covers and stuff? Oh, wait ...

by Anonymousreply 483August 19, 2019 11:31 PM

Oh look the Beto haters just CAN'T stay away from this thread.

We know y'all really love Beto deep down so it's all cool.

by Anonymousreply 484August 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Betito my love.

He will be stellar in the September debate. I expect him to rise past Pete post debate. Biden's online donations have collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 485August 20, 2019 3:07 AM

The hateful tRump trolls have decided that Beto is the real racist because he has dared to call out this country’s very sorry history of racial bias and acrimony. And, because he wants to do something about it. They are stupid, desperate, despicable people.

by Anonymousreply 486August 20, 2019 3:21 AM

Necesito Beto.

by Anonymousreply 487August 20, 2019 6:13 AM

[quote]He will be stellar in the September debate.

LOL. Not likely!

By the way, almost this entire thread is you, r485. You are obsessed. Which, of course, is one of the signs of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 488August 20, 2019 9:53 AM

You are full of it; there are multiple people in this thread. Hi, fucker!

by Anonymousreply 489August 20, 2019 10:03 AM

Ouch, today's polls aren't looking good.

by Anonymousreply 490August 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Okay, it's not "almost the entire thread, but the freak at r485 has posted about 35 times, including gems like this:

[quote] Oh god, I would do anything for Beto. I would be his cum dump for those days when he wanted it bad. No questions ask, bend me over, raw fuck me if you want, then ask me to help you take a bath after we're finished.

And that is the crux of the matter. Some people cannot tell the difference between "he's hot and I want him to fuck me" and "he's an excellent candidate for president."

by Anonymousreply 491August 20, 2019 5:02 PM

r488 is just a liar...and a troll.

by Anonymousreply 492August 20, 2019 5:05 PM

r488 is just a liar...and a troll.

by Anonymousreply 493August 20, 2019 5:05 PM

R491 Fortunately for Beto, he's both. Make sure you take your message of enlightenment over to this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494August 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Beto didnt raise in any of the quality polls released in the last few days despite milking elpaso for more than what its worth. Lol. People know a shameless attention grabber when they see one

by Anonymousreply 495August 20, 2019 5:57 PM

It’s the middle of August. I really doubt that anyone is paying much attention to the primaries other than hard-core political junkies. So the numbers not changing very much seems unsurprising.

by Anonymousreply 496August 20, 2019 7:11 PM

According to YouGov his favoribility went up ten points this past week to 62%, his unfavorable went down six points to 18% with only 4% “strongly unfavorable”, the lowest of all candidates. 23% still didn’t know him. Voters are starting to notice him again. He clearly has a rock solid base to expand on. He’s far from out of it.

Meanwhile kamala dropped 12 points lol

by Anonymousreply 497August 21, 2019 3:59 AM

r497 is an idiot. It is using Pete's numbers to prop up it's irrelevant fav who is polling at 0% in all relevant polls. Here are unfav/fav numbers

Beto

very unfavorable : 5%

unfavorable : 10%

Never Heard of : 17%

No opinion : 18%

Favorable : 37%

Very Favorable : 14%

Pete

very unfavorable : 4%

unfavorable : 7%

Never Heard of : 24%

No opinion : 23%

Favorable : 28%

Very Favorable : 19%

by Anonymousreply 498August 21, 2019 4:10 AM

Link for r498 numbers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 21, 2019 4:10 AM

What I was referring to, cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500August 21, 2019 4:21 AM

And r500 ? Still worse numbers than Pete despite shamelessly using the shooting tragedy for failing campaign. I haven't seen a more disgusting candidate

by Anonymousreply 501August 21, 2019 4:24 AM

Why are you bringing up Pete? I never said a word about him. Are Pete supporters that insecure? This is a thread about Beto. R501

by Anonymousreply 502August 21, 2019 4:30 AM

R501 is an obsessed nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 503August 21, 2019 5:12 AM

What nonsense is R491 spewing and why is she referencing me?

You are talking to the OP bitch. You are posting on a thread that is a parody of "Jack, Just Jack." And while I may post more serious post here and there, this thread was made for my own enjoyment of Beto's delicious assets.

Finally, 33 posts is far from taking over the thread. [bold]It's basically 2 posts per day[/bold]. Nothing out of the ordinary from a thread that is 503 posts in lenght. Troll. consider yourself blocked.

by Anonymousreply 504August 21, 2019 5:14 AM

Coverage of recent Iowa visits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505August 21, 2019 1:11 PM

I thought he decided not to campaign in Iowa anymore because it was going so well for him. Guess he changed his mind.

by Anonymousreply 506August 21, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote] You are talking to the OP bitch.

Ooh, I feel so chastened now.

by Anonymousreply 507August 21, 2019 3:33 PM

[quote] I thought he decided not to campaign in Iowa anymore

Nope. He never said he was going to stop campaigning in either Iowa and New Hampshire. He said he would campaign all over gone country — especially places where people have been targeted by tRump — and thus he would not campaign exclusively in the early primary states.

by Anonymousreply 508August 21, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote]Troll. consider yourself blocked.

You can't block someone, you idiot. All you can do is "ignore" him, which isn't the same thing. It won't stop him from seeing your posts, it will only stop you from seeing his. And "block" is Twitterspeak, not DL.

by Anonymousreply 509August 21, 2019 6:27 PM

Beto's labor policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 22, 2019 1:44 PM

Wow that’s a great plan

by Anonymousreply 511August 22, 2019 3:44 PM

That’s what I thought R511. The plan at R510 is a very comprehensive plan. Very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 512August 22, 2019 5:00 PM

But wait, I thought Beto was an empty suit????

That plan is marvellous

by Anonymousreply 513August 22, 2019 5:47 PM

Yes, if you listen to Beto fielding questions on a wide variety of topics, it is clear that has given a great deal of thought to a lot of these issues and is quite capable of discussing them in detail.

by Anonymousreply 514August 22, 2019 5:55 PM

Warren thinks she's cornered the market on plans. WRONG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515August 22, 2019 6:17 PM

Love sassy Beto. He has no patience for air head reporters anymore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516August 22, 2019 6:46 PM

Beto looked like a SNACK dropping off school supplies in Iowa today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517August 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Love it, R516. They’ve got the receipts!!!

by Anonymousreply 518August 22, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote] That plan is marvellous

You must be a Brit. In the US, things are marvelous.

by Anonymousreply 519August 22, 2019 11:12 PM

A voter asks Beto how big his dick really is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520August 22, 2019 11:13 PM

He reminds me of RFK so much....

by Anonymousreply 521August 22, 2019 11:50 PM

Wow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 23, 2019 1:16 AM

Wow is right. MARY! I know, but that gave me serious goosebumps. He’s an incredible speaker and he’s right about everything in that clip. I’m more convinced than ever that he’s the antidote we need for Trump and Trumpism

by Anonymousreply 523August 23, 2019 1:24 AM

Amen, R523. I’ve said the same thing for months. If you listen to him in these situations he comes across so well; smart, articulate, empathetic with a strong sense of history.

by Anonymousreply 524August 23, 2019 1:38 AM

What an incredible man. He really is turning a corner right before our own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 525August 23, 2019 1:39 AM

Yes, R525 — lets hope that he gets the press coverage he deserves so that people will learn about it.

by Anonymousreply 526August 23, 2019 1:46 AM

Beto doubling down tonight on his mandatory assault weapon buyback policy. Go Beto! It’s about time someone in government had the balls to do what we all know is the right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 527August 23, 2019 2:06 AM

David Hogg is a fan. Don’t think any other candidate has supported the March for our lives plan. COWARDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528August 23, 2019 2:42 AM

Apparently, it's found out that by many measures Beto is the dumbest candidate running for president ever.

by Anonymousreply 529August 23, 2019 2:53 AM

R529 guess it’s morning in Moscow

by Anonymousreply 530August 23, 2019 3:08 AM

David Hogg and Beto power team will singlehandedly dismantle the NRA

by Anonymousreply 531August 23, 2019 3:22 AM

Wow, the jackass who went to a Pete thread just to bash him is the Beto troll talking to himself. 90% of the posts in this thread are from him. I should have expected it.

by Anonymousreply 532August 23, 2019 3:31 AM

90% of the posts in this thread are not done by one poster, that can be verified by using the block function on your right side.

But I do think the Anti-Beto Troll is one of the Ruskies/Berbots trolling DL, so I wouldn't rule out the Anti-Beto troll being the same as the Anti-Pete troll.

by Anonymousreply 533August 23, 2019 3:52 AM

No, it's the pro-Beto troll.

by Anonymousreply 534August 23, 2019 3:54 AM

R534, could you please link to the Pete thread were this troll resides and the post number so we can recognized this troll.

by Anonymousreply 535August 23, 2019 4:01 AM

[quote] Apparently, it's found out that by many measures Beto is the dumbest candidate running for president ever.

This sounds as if it was written by someone who does not know how to construct a sentence in English. If that was a Russian bot, then the awkward phrasing and inaccuracies are completely understandable.

If, however, it was written by an American, then that person has no room to call anyone else dumb.

by Anonymousreply 536August 23, 2019 10:43 AM

[quote] This sounds as if it was written by someone who does not know how to construct a sentence in English.

DJT?

by Anonymousreply 537August 23, 2019 11:49 AM

Lol Beto embarrassed that bitch. Next time she should come prepared and not ask baity questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538August 23, 2019 8:17 PM

Beto, Beto, Beto! Your obsession is tiresome, OP. Yeah, we get it, Beto makes you come. But you act as though your constant shilling for him is going to have some kind of effect on his campaign, and the truth is, it has zero effect on anything. If you really want to help Beto, I'll bet his campaign could give you plenty of suggestions of things you could do that might have some effect, or be of some genuine help. Ranting from your little perch in DL isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 539August 23, 2019 8:55 PM

[quote]If, however, it was written by an American, then that person has no room to call anyone else dumb.

It doesn't have to be a Russian bot to be illiterate. The internet and social media have had a terrible effect on English grammar and spelling. It's instead of its is pretty much common now, as is the use of an apostrophe in all plurals (eg, "plural's"). Whatever students may be learning in school these days, it gets obliterated by what they read on the net.

by Anonymousreply 540August 23, 2019 9:11 PM

R539 How do you know people in this thread aren't doing those things?

I volunteer with data entry, donate frequently, and am about to start hosting community meetups. And sorry to put a damper on your little temper tantrum, but 'shilling' on the internet is part of campaigning these days.

by Anonymousreply 541August 23, 2019 10:46 PM

R522, Beto is being too hard on the Democrats.

Bill Clinton & the Democratic Congress passed an assault weapons bill in 1994. It was Bush & the Republicans who let it expire in the early 2000's.

It has also been the Republicans who have blocked gun control ever since, including when Obama was in office.

by Anonymousreply 542August 24, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote]but 'shilling' on the internet is part of campaigning these days

Of course it is, but only with in the right places. Shilling on DL is pointless. You're not going to drum up any business for Beto on DL, or change anyone's mind. This "obsessed with Beto" thread accomplishes nothing for him at all. It's just the OP masturbating, saying the same things over and over and over, but never accomplishing anything. You'd think the OP was an aspie or something, or has some other mental illness. Beto would not be impressed.

by Anonymousreply 543August 24, 2019 8:00 AM

Now that Beto's SECOND campaign "reset" has flopped, do you think he will try for a third?

And I fully agree, the Beto troll is insufferable, and the vast majority of this thread is the Beto Troll, Just Beto Troll talking to himself. A total shill, except that I doubt he gets paid to be Beto's Number 1 DL Fan Girl.

by Anonymousreply 544August 24, 2019 12:02 PM

Who says it's flopped? You? The Polls? LOL

Let's wait until the next debates.

by Anonymousreply 545August 24, 2019 12:25 PM

The "talking to yourself saying the same thing over and over" Beto-troll Troll needs to take a good long look in the mirror and reevaluate his life choices.

by Anonymousreply 546August 24, 2019 12:26 PM

Here's the full substantive interview he gave in Iowa where he shut DOWN the airhead interviewer's question about the El Paso shootings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547August 24, 2019 6:32 PM

Hot guy speaking more truths about Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548August 25, 2019 12:12 AM

Eight TX reps and a judge tell the Houston Chronicle to shut it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 26, 2019 11:37 AM

Breitbart has been stalking Beto like a pack of wolves in South Carolina. First they planted a pro choice troll and then a pro trump troll and Joel pollack tried to get in a forum for Black women and Beto threw his ass out. Lol. They’re obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 28, 2019 2:37 AM

The anti abortion troll being dismantled by Beto for R550

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 28, 2019 4:30 AM

I want to hear about his gay experimentation in college. The Rambles perhaps? And I want shirtless pics.

by Anonymousreply 552August 28, 2019 7:13 AM

Did we ever get a clarification of who was the pro-Beto (??) troll that was talking to his own self? I remember asking the person making those claims but they never responded back, so I'm going to assume they were exaggerations and trollish propaganda to derail this thread.

Now what is delicious Beto up to this week? I don't think the media is following him that closely, hopefully he has a splash during debate night.

by Anonymousreply 553August 28, 2019 7:31 AM

The extent to which the Trumptards are trying to troll Beto just goes to show how much he frightens them.

by Anonymousreply 554August 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Well Beto has caused quite a stir by kicking Joel Pollack out of an event that he wasn’t invited to. Some of the “journalists” defending Brietbart is pretty shocking. Chris Hayes in particular

by Anonymousreply 555August 28, 2019 5:44 PM

^You seriously still think Beto will be the nominee?

by Anonymousreply 556August 28, 2019 5:45 PM

As I said over in the Elizabeth Warren thread, there's no use in pretending anymore that the media is on the side of Democracy. They are purposely stirring the shit and backing losing candidates because they crave four more years of Orange Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 557August 28, 2019 5:46 PM

I didn’t realises Jonathan Swan was such a big right winger. He lead the charge to try and push Joel Pollacks version of the events last night. Maybe that’s why you don’t see him on MSNBC anymore

by Anonymousreply 558August 28, 2019 5:49 PM

Three more national polls out today and Beto is behind Yang in all of them. Early states are even worse, I think. Beto isn't my first or second choice, but it is truly bizarre to me that someone like Yang is ahead of him in the polls. I guess all those Trump fat jokes really landed?

by Anonymousreply 559August 28, 2019 6:37 PM

Yang attracts a lot of the younger white men that Bernie attracted last time. 100% of Yang supporters voted for Bernie. I don’t get it either. He has no experience, no personality, and his only big idea is to give everyone $1000 a month which is stupid. I saw one poll where he was ahead of both Beto and Pete. Absurd.

by Anonymousreply 560August 28, 2019 7:26 PM

I feel like a lot of them are independents and libertarians who will never vote for the eventual Dem nominee whatever the case. But boy are they the loudest and the most vicious bunch on the social media; way worse than supporters of any other candidate. Imagine if Yang somehow won the nomination. Good luck getting everyone you alienated in the process back on board again.

by Anonymousreply 561August 28, 2019 7:41 PM

Agreed R561. Bernie is going to run into the same problem. His team is a real piece of work. They jump on anyone who says even the slightest critical thing about him. I really liked Bernie but it’s a huge turn off. No doubt in my mind it’ll become even more vicious towards the convention.

by Anonymousreply 562August 28, 2019 7:44 PM

He's on his way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 28, 2019 11:34 PM

R561, examples of the viciousness?

by Anonymousreply 564August 28, 2019 11:35 PM

He's still going strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 28, 2019 11:37 PM

I like Yang. He's the only non-politician who's in the third debate.

by Anonymousreply 566August 28, 2019 11:40 PM

r564 They're pretty open about and proud of brigading YouTube videos of other candidates who aren't Yang. Horrible comments and organised downvoting campaigns, that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 567August 28, 2019 11:55 PM

Some of the Pete people are trolls too.

by Anonymousreply 568August 29, 2019 12:12 AM

R567, I've been keeping up with the campaigns on YouTube and I haven't seen that. Any links?

by Anonymousreply 569August 29, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote]Some of the Pete people are trolls too.

How so?

by Anonymousreply 570August 29, 2019 12:15 AM

r569 A Yang Ganger who sometimes frequents Pete's subreddit told me that the other day. Of course, he said he doesn't partake in those activities himself. Just go to any Pete video - like the completely innocuous one of him going down the slide at Iowa's State Fair. Those dislikes and the horrible comments are mostly the Yang Gang.

by Anonymousreply 571August 29, 2019 12:18 AM

Everyone sometimes trolls the other campaign, that's nothing new. But the Yang Gang is the most underhanded when it comes to that. And they're the strongest when it comes to social media - they managed to get him trending on Twitter twice in the past week or so. Once for his climate plan and the second time it was just a generic plea to Google him.

by Anonymousreply 572August 29, 2019 12:21 AM

*the other campaigns

by Anonymousreply 573August 29, 2019 12:21 AM

R570 Most of the people Concern Trolling Beto to drop out and run for Senate were Pete stans.

by Anonymousreply 574August 29, 2019 1:19 AM

There is a particular psychotic Pete stan who frequently trolls THIS thread.

by Anonymousreply 575August 29, 2019 4:09 AM

In the Elizabeth Warren thread, someone actually posted that "Any gay who doesn't support Pete is a traitor." Trollish enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 576August 29, 2019 10:05 AM

Not nearly as trollish as the Beto Buddies on this thread. All two of them. They show up on any Pete thread to make disparaging comments.

by Anonymousreply 577August 29, 2019 11:04 AM

I remain amazed and perplexed as to how Yang is beating Beto in the latest polls. I mean....YANG?

If Beto can't even beat Yang, he's in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 578August 29, 2019 1:01 PM

"“He restored my faith,” Brown said. “He was exactly what I had been reading about and seeing on television at the start. He’s personable. He listens. He’s passionate. He’s someone who’s truly about creating change.” As O’Rourke walked out of the classroom at Benedict, Brown stopped the candidate to briefly tell him how he felt. “I was with you at the beginning, and then I strayed away,” Brown said. “But I’m back.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579August 29, 2019 2:56 PM

With Tulsi dead in the water it seems Yang is the new alt-right candidate of choice

by Anonymousreply 580August 29, 2019 5:01 PM

Yang has no traction beyond the Yang Gang. If he stays in as long as Super Tuesday, he'll likely emerge with zero delegates.

by Anonymousreply 581August 29, 2019 5:10 PM

Beto's trade plan out now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582August 30, 2019 12:35 AM

Wow. The DNC placed Yang above Beto in their podiums for the debate. Based off two polls? Just wow. Luckily it’s in Houston. I chuckled at Castro saying it was Castro Country. Beto raises 3.1 million in Texas when Castro raised 600k, behind Biden, Warren, Sanders, and Pete

by Anonymousreply 583August 30, 2019 1:58 AM

The worry for me is the next debate cut off. Probably 4%. Beto’s got work to do. I don’t see him dropping out before Texas primary but without money or polling it’s tough.

I laughed at Biden saying he’d “prefer” to choose a woman or a POC but it’s not his only criteria. He’s gonna choose Beto. He contacted Beto back in January to be his VP. Biden isn’t stupid and he knows identity politics only go so far.

by Anonymousreply 584August 30, 2019 3:18 AM

I agree R584. With Beto on the ticket Biden can make Texas competitive. At the very least that would force the Rethugs to spend massive amounts of money in a state they otherwise wouldn’t have to spend a dime.

by Anonymousreply 585August 30, 2019 5:41 AM

R584 Those of us in early states really need to keep donating as much as possible; it's our only way to affect outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 586August 30, 2019 11:29 AM

As much as I'd love Beto to be on the ticket with Biden, I can only imagine the holy hell that he would catch if he decided to have another white man on the ticket with him, especially this year with so many women and people of color running; not to mention the first serious gay male candidate.

Beto on the ticket would make the GOP have to compete in Texas, and that would be bad news for them, but I don't know if Biden would have the guts to do it.

by Anonymousreply 587August 30, 2019 12:49 PM

I agree. That's why the best case scenario is Beto on the ticket with a WOC VP.

by Anonymousreply 588August 30, 2019 12:56 PM

Biden said his number 1 criteria for a VP is someone he can trust and who has the same ideology that he has. That rules out Warren. Pete would be a good VP but he offers nothing electorally that Biden can’t get himself. That leaves Kamala and Beto. Democrats will just have to get over it if there’s two white men on the ticket.

Stacey Abrams is obviously waving her hands saying she wants to be VP so I guess he could choose her. She’s great but I’m not sure who died and made her the queen of the Democratic Party. Interesting how no one is harassing her to run for senate like they do to Beto. She’s the obvious choice to run in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 589August 30, 2019 3:23 PM

A Warren/Beto ticket still seems unbeatable to me. She’s obviously very popular in the Midwest, and Beto opens up Texas, Arizona, Florida being on the ticket. Seems like a no brainier ticket. So of course dems will make sure it doesn’t happen. Say what you will about the GOP but they know how to win.

by Anonymousreply 590August 30, 2019 3:35 PM

You're absolutely correct, R590, but Warren is just daft enough to pick Castro as a running mate.

by Anonymousreply 591August 30, 2019 3:57 PM

R591 the two are definitely buddies. She texted Castro after the first debate to tell him what a great job he did. But I just can’t see her ignoring every single piece of data which says that Beto is INCREDIBLY popular in Texas and Castro just isn’t. He doesn’t poll well in Texas and he raised a measley 600k from Texans when Beto raised 3.1 million. The only reason she’d choose Castro is because he’s brown. And Dems will continue to lose. I’ve said it before but if the GOP had their version of a Beto from California that person would already be their nominee.

by Anonymousreply 592August 30, 2019 4:19 PM

I love Stacey, but she brings with her a host of problems surrounding her finances. Every minute that is spent explaining those issues is lost time that is not spent on bashing the dumpster fire that is tRump. Maybe she brings Georgia along with her, but that’s a really big IF.

by Anonymousreply 593August 30, 2019 5:31 PM

Huge turnout to see Beto at Virginia Tech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 30, 2019 11:33 PM

I'm going to start a new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595August 31, 2019 1:15 AM

New thread...carry on. Fuck the haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596August 31, 2019 1:18 AM

Biden with Beto would be a disaster. Women would leave in droves. If Biden really gets it - and with his weekly gaffes getting worse and worse, I'm hoping he won't - if he shows up with another white man for his running mate, he might as well pack it in. Ancient Joe and middle-aged Beto, two straight white men. There are already a lot of women who feel it will be a betrayal if a woman doesn't lead the ticket. If Biden leads it - old Joe "feely" Biden - and he picks another white man for his running mate - you'll see women leaving even faster than the Bernie Bros.

Obviously, with Liz Warren as the nominee, it's a different story. Beto, Pete, and Castro would all bring strengths. That's it, that really should be her pool to vet from. Kamala Harris wouldn't be a running mate for Warren, she wouldn't want it. And everyone else, at least of the other people who ran for the nom, would be non-starters. (Although it would be hilarious to see her pick Bernie for Veep and see the Bernie Bro heads explode over that conundrum).

by Anonymousreply 597August 31, 2019 9:52 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 598September 1, 2019 1:33 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 599September 1, 2019 1:33 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 600September 1, 2019 1:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!