Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another mass shooting. This time in Dayton, Ohio

5 dead and counting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481August 22, 2019 1:55 AM

Two in 24 hours? America's styling on us.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2019 7:31 AM

Two mass shootings in one day is vaguely interesting but sadly it’s otherwise barely newsworthy.

Gun control. You need it. But you don’t want it.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2019 7:39 AM

Millennials just need to take control of the country.

These morons are happy arguing about AR15s.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2019 7:40 AM

This is news?

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2019 7:47 AM

I am sure these MFers will find a way to blame Millennials somehow.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2019 7:51 AM

Trump is to blame for all of this. Him and his fucktard followers.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2019 8:04 AM

According to Dayton police: 10 confirmed dead, which includes the shooter. At least 16 injured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2019 8:32 AM

And Der Führer Cheeto wonders why more people from places like Norway aren’t moving to America? Because to them WE ARE THE SHITHOLE COUNTRY.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2019 8:41 AM

Heavy set white guy. MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2019 8:42 AM

There are fat white people? I thought only immigrants were fat!

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2019 8:45 AM

One tweet listed suspect as a heavyset white man.

So, murderous fatty - but not on the lam, he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2019 8:46 AM

No one should go anywhere tomorrow. When money stops being made, something will get done.

For all we know there could be some multiple day shooting event unfolding for these hitler loving terrorists..

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2019 8:47 AM

R10 usually they are kept in their mom's basement but this one managed to escape.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2019 8:48 AM

[quote] One tweet listed suspect as a heavyset white man.

He may well have been a DataLounger.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2019 8:48 AM

The United States is a joke of a country

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2019 9:02 AM

Where in Dayton? Downtown?

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2019 9:04 AM

This link says Oregon is the city's gay district.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2019 9:09 AM

Thanks r17

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2019 9:11 AM
by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2019 9:18 AM

R6 Trump is responsible for this? Please. Don't give him that much credit. It's the GOP and has been for as long as I can remember.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2019 9:18 AM

Is this the Dayton shooting thread?

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2019 10:09 AM

If it ain't it'll do until the shooting gets here.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2019 10:16 AM

Obviously we want gun control, based on every poll taken in the last several years, but the GOP is in the pocket of the NRA and nothing gets done. They even let it slide when their own GOP politicians were shot at a baseball game. That's how greedy and corrupt they are.

It's useless when people from other countries yell at Americans for "not seeing what's going on" or "not wanting gun control" because that's not the truth. We're being held prisoner by the fascist, corrupt GOP who have taken over in what was basically a coup.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2019 10:18 AM

Too many faces, whispering voices

Shooter is active, so many choices

If when why what

How many guns have you got?

Do you want to be shot?

If so, how often?

Which do you choose?

The AK-47 option.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2019 10:25 AM

Another shooting in less than 24 hours. This country has gone to shit. Truly. We are easily the greatest shithole of the developed world (and if you remove places like Yemen and Iraq, the whole world).

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2019 10:27 AM

r21. Yes, bitch

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2019 10:30 AM

R25 conveniently overlooks the violence, rampages and mass shootings that have been part and parcel of America's history for the past 242 years.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2019 10:36 AM

R27, hoe, the death tally has soared in the last ten years compared to the 90s and aughties.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2019 10:40 AM

Is anyone familiar with Dayton? What was this Oregon District like? I’ve heard on twitter it’s a gay district, but was this shooting a hate crime?

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2019 11:04 AM

I think it's a gentrified part of downtown, r29.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2019 11:07 AM

The bar appears to be a country bar, at least from their website.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2019 11:07 AM

When will there be gun control? Mental health is one component, but it’s also long term and not realistic. We need gun control.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2019 11:09 AM

So, the shooter was apparently wearing body armor, so clearly this was planned.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2019 11:09 AM

[quote]When will there be gun control? Mental health is one component, but it’s also long term and not realistic. We need gun control.

I'm sorry, but there's literally nothing we can do. The Tree of Liberty is REALLY REALLY thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2019 11:10 AM

I wonder if he was always planning on carrying out the shooting this morning, or if the El Paso shooting encouraged him to do it sooner than he might have.

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2019 11:12 AM

r33 well it wasn't very effective ...

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2019 11:15 AM

Daytonian here. The Oregon District is just east of downtown and has many bars, restaurants, shops and galleries. It's where people (straight and gay) go for fun in the evening. There are no strictly gay bars in the Oregon district; the gay bars are located downtown in the central business district. From local news reports, the shootings took place on the sidewalk outside a bar called Ned Pepper's. Police response was almost immediate and an officer killed the shooter. The shooter never got inside the bar, where I'm sure there were probably a hundred people.

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2019 12:00 PM

Former FBI man wrote this last week.

[quote]Terrorists aren’t born that way: They are inspired, cultivated and directed. Our experience with online radicalization has shown there is a clear path to violence. I fear we are on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote]the GOP is in the pocket of the NRA and nothing gets done

The NRA is in disarray, perhaps that could provide an opening to actually get something done?

Oh, who am I kidding -- thoughts and prayers will be the extent of lawmaker action.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2019 12:07 PM

The Governor issued a statement:

"Fran and I are absolutely heartbroken over the horrible attack that occurred this morning in Dayton, the statement said. "We join those across Ohio and this country in offering our prayers to victims and their families."

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2019 12:10 PM

The police were on him very fast, he was able to kill 9 people and injure 26 in under a minute.

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2019 12:12 PM

Just another terrorist radicalized by white nationalist extremism.

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2019 12:14 PM

Domestic terrorism? What's domestic terrorism?

Now Muslim terrorism, that's something I tell ya...

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2019 12:18 PM

Clarification: Trumpsters aren’t born that way: They are inspired, cultivated and directed. Our experience with online radicalization has shown there is a clear path to violence. I fear we are on it.

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2019 12:19 PM

Has Cheetolini tweeted yet?

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2019 12:26 PM

Ohio governor Mike Devine scored an A/B with the NRA. Nothing will change. Thoughts and prayers, heartbroken, warmest regards to your family during this difficult time.

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2019 12:27 PM

That would be great, R39, but McConnell is blocking anything and everything that isn't part of his far-right agenda. He doesn't care that the NRA is flat broke now, he got his money from them already, and in doing so made "an AK47 in every pot" a beloved right-wing belief. He panders to the base who wants more guns, not fewer, because it keeps the billionaires and oligarchs and corporations happy.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2019 12:29 PM

Do we know anything about motive yet? I'm not finding anything, but there has to be a motive, he came with body armor and extra clips.

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2019 12:31 PM

This is another example of the slow wind up to the second civil war.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2019 12:36 PM

Because the killer isn’t muslim, it won’t be treated like a terrorism investigation.

Yes, the FBI will label it an isolated shooting

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2019 12:46 PM

Oh gee, a white man dressed all in black? Shooting black people?

Could it be a domestic terrorist influenced by white nationalism?

SHUT THE FUCKING NEONAZI HATE SPEECH SITES DOWN

by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2019 12:53 PM

who gives a fuck what color the people were who were killed. it's still terrorism!

by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2019 12:55 PM

Doesn't matter. We're all going to die, one way or the other. As far as I'm concern this'll never get better. It's an ideology at this point. You can't really get rid of ideologies, nor can you get rid of the hate people have for each other.

by Anonymousreply 53August 4, 2019 12:56 PM

Was he in the usual black shirt and khakis uniform that these guys have been wearing, or in all black? I'm seeing conflicting reports.

by Anonymousreply 54August 4, 2019 12:56 PM

I think that we are at a tipping point with three mass shootings in week - and two leaving 30 dead within 24 hours.

This needs to be an investigation into white supremacist online radicalism and the psychology of the men committing the massacres.

Mental health may be a factor, but I think it’s tertiary to white supremacy radicalism and access to guns.

And probably a bizarre mindset fixated on achievement of celebrity/infamy.

by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2019 12:58 PM

These shootings keep happening in deplorable land, so... 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2019 12:58 PM

The most dangerous threat in the world is straight white men. Until we do something about it, these deaths will continue to happen worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2019 12:59 PM

OT - When I lived in Ottawa and hung out with the diplomatic community, talk was the Germans considered it a "hardship post" due to very cold weather for about 4 or 5 months of the year. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps at some stage, foreign representatives or diplomats stationed in the U.S. might also consider the U.S. a hardship post. Not for the weather but due to the extraordinary amount of domestic terrorism in the form of mass civilian shootings.

by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2019 1:02 PM

Some of the posters shrieking "terrorism" need to look at what the word means. Also point out how the carnage in Dayton and El Paso is any different to the carnage in schools, malls, concerts, churches, etc. over the past 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2019 1:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2019 1:06 PM

R58 ah, I've been in that extreme cold weather. I'd take m chances in warm, sunny US. Freezing to death a bus stop isn't a preferable option.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2019 1:08 PM

It is absolutely terrorism. By definition. Period.

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2019 1:08 PM

I don't understand how some guy can see all of the sadness these mass shootings cause, including killing children, and think "I'm okay with that...I'm going to do it tonight."

I wonder if video games, where the majority of them are shooting random people, are a factor in these.

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2019 1:08 PM

R59 Many of these shooters, especially the ones that leave manifestos, are politically motivated, which is what terrorism is.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2019 1:09 PM

Yes, r56, but the VICTIMS were citizens of the liberal Texas city of El Paso and Mexican nationals who had just crossed over the border to shop.

In other words, FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2019 1:10 PM

r63 I was reading about Stephen Paddock the other day ... some experts think he showed signs of alexithymia

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2019 1:11 PM

R59 It is domestic terrorism.

I am terrified to go out. The very essence of terrorism.

R63 You want to see what a factor in these things are? Here you go. Take a look. Here's the cesspool! https://8ch.net/index.html

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2019 1:11 PM

encouraged by our Fuhrer and his calls to send them back.

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2019 1:12 PM

[quote]I don't understand how some guy can see all of the sadness these mass shootings cause, including killing children, and think "I'm okay with that...I'm going to do it tonight."

They don't see their targets as humans. The ones that leave manifestos see any other race other than white as a series of statistics that exist to make white life worse. They're subhuman animals to them. Imagine a farmer shooting gophers on his land. That's exactly how these shooters see others. If video games play a part in it all, it's significantly less than the white supremacist ideologies they've adopted. I'd argue that sites like 8chan are more dangerous than first person shooters.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2019 1:12 PM

Lulz, video games are not the fucking problems, idiots.

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2019 1:13 PM

The video game blame is a red herring. It wasn't true in the 1980s and it's not true today.

People in the angry, under-educated, young white disaffected male demographic play video games, but that doesn't mean video games are the cause of their anger or disaffectation.

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2019 1:14 PM

Video games are a go to blame game for stupid old white men in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2019 1:18 PM

R62 Angry people with a grudge and a gun shooting up a shopping mall is not terrorism. Neither is it "political", especially when fueled by entrenched prejudice and bigotry, expressed by everyone from community leaders to elected officials to taxi drivers.

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2019 1:18 PM

I don’t think that video games are to blame. I just think it normalizes guns as a way to solve problems. Even in horror movies, the only way to kill the bad guy is to shoot them. I’ve had that thought, watching some slasher movie: “where’s the gun? Shoot him! Shoot him!”

Just a thought. I’d never blame a movie or video game though: it’s disenfranchisement, mental instability and availability of guns.

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2019 1:18 PM

R69 oh look, taken taken directly from the site. Here is a potential killer just like these other race motivated shooters:

"If it were legal to kill South Carolina niggers I'd be a much happier man. I implore you to show me a worse breed of ape than the Carolina Porch Monkey. Absolutely the most ignorant, lazy, self entitled you can find, and I'll bet their lives on it."

So... how can we deal with that? This is ok to say? You want to let this stuff spread around? Consider if it were

If it were legal to kill AMERICANS I'd be a much happier MUSLIM man. I implore you to show me a worse breed of infidel than the AMERICAN. Absolutely the most ignorant, lazy, self entitled you can find, and I'll bet their lives on it.

I mean come on. The FBI would be all over that shit, right? But they're not because why? The threat level from white, radicalized, nationalist domestic terrorism shooters IS there.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2019 1:18 PM

Nah, you didn't have to post it, you wanted to post it. At least own up to that.

by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2019 1:20 PM

And only Mayor Pete Buttigieg seems to get it.

by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2019 1:20 PM

R76 yeah I did because I want you to see the threat. Are you one of the defenders that's like well its their right to free speech? Because if you are, then that is what YOU are defending. You get it? Do you see the ugly hatred YOU are defending. YOU are defending that. Free speech defense is hate speech defense.

Do you not all see what a real problem this is? Well, now ya do! You can't deny it is a problem now. So like I said about a thousand times on the onther thread, SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN

by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2019 1:22 PM

These shootings reminded me of the outlier of mass shootings: Nasim Aghdam. Even if people know they’re cuckoo and dangerous, nothing can be done.

Crazy shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2019 1:23 PM

Omg, I had forgotten about that freak show r79 ...

by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2019 1:24 PM

R79 oh god don't mix in all that, I'm specifically talking about the white nationalists. someone on here once said why did you censor the whole N word, show it for the offensiveness it really is. well, maybe some of you will get it and maybe some of you won't but it's clear to me that all those 8chan/4chan sites need to be taken down. that will help reduce white nationalist domestic terrorism.

That lady was a different issue. That was mental health. White nationalist terrorist are lured by propoganda like Isis terrorist

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2019 1:25 PM

[quote]I think that we are at a tipping point with three mass shootings in week - and two leaving 30 dead within 24 hours.

Nah.

by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2019 1:26 PM

Like I said before something is very strange. Remember in the 80s or 90s Tipper Gore was so taken aback by Prince's lyrics to Darling Nikki, she created the group that led to the Parental advisory warning on music CDs so parents could know what their children were listening to?

All that for a song that dealt with masturbation. Do the parents know what their young teen boys and young adult boys are getting into on these sites? Where is the parental advisory board for that? Because it is way worse than a little ol Prince song. It's actually breeding terrorism. Why does this stuff go unchecked? Another copycat mass shooting the day after coverage of one?

I feel like I'm shouting in the Twilight Zone about obvious stuff and no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 83August 4, 2019 1:33 PM

I condole you all with my thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 84August 4, 2019 1:36 PM

If you want to fight 8chan, R78, then gather up your balls and go fight them. We're not 8chan.

And it's not like I haven't seen that exact same shit over here on Datalounge. You're a troll and not likely to know the history of this place, so let me tell ya a story: back in 2008, we had a racebaiting troll who would post outrageous stories about black people doing awful things. They were ESTs and super obvious, stuff like "a feral black family came into MOMA and pooped on all the Warhols" and people were angry about him, he spammed the board and was obnoxious.

Then the webmaster showed up and said the racebaiter was fine, it was those of us calling his posts "ESTs" who didn't get the true meaning of Datalounge, which was free speech and outrageous trolling fun, and anyone who used EST again would be banned. People started saying things like "that's an Exceptionally Scintillating Tale" to get around the ban of the EST initialism, but the damage was done: DL officially came down on the side of the racists and punished those who said anything about it.

And it wasn't because DL is racist, it was only because they weren't paying attention to what trolling in 2008 meant. They were stuck in the 1990s, they thought these were jokes. They weren't jokes, they were flares signalling to other racists that DL was a safe spot for them. Now, we're infested with them.

Same goes for 8chan, except 8chan never really was pretending to be a decent spot. But they did the same thing with "free speech" and "just trolling" excuses, only in a bigger way, and now they're infested, too. Every place online is infested. No one took the trolls seriously 12 years ago, and here we are.

You're acting far more like a troll than someone who is actually concerned, which is typical for DL, because we're mostly trolls now. You want to pick a fight. You're probably off saying racist things on other threads while screaming that I should be your personal army and go smite racist 8channers for you or whatever.

But the problem is internet-wide, not just 8chan, and you haven't ever done jack shit about the same crap that happens over here, so basically you can fuck off. I never, NEVER see anyone pitch a hissy like you just did when someone posts about "n-gger apes" 27 times in a row in an Oscar-watching thread, which tells me all I need to know about your sincerity.

by Anonymousreply 85August 4, 2019 1:37 PM

Censorship is good if it censors hate speech that leads to violence, murders, domestic terrorism.

Censorship is why companies don't feature distasteful ads, or movies don't usually show explicit scenes of children dying. No one wants to see that. It's too dark. What happens when an entity doesn't self regulate and censor it's own self? If it has no moral compass?

They don't believe in God and they're becoming Nazis and no ones doing anything to shut if down. You wouldn't allow the klan to gather in real life but you folks allow it online???

by Anonymousreply 86August 4, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote]White nationalist terrorist are lured by propoganda like Isis terrorist

No, they are not. They are lured by their anger and discontent, emboldened by their prejudices and hatreds and enabled by the easy availability of guns.

Muslim terror is lured, emboldened and enabled by Islam.

by Anonymousreply 87August 4, 2019 1:38 PM

You romanticize the whole thing.

The blood is on the hands of Mitch McConnell and his cronies who wouldn’t sign a bill earlier this year that required sensible firearm reforms.

by Anonymousreply 88August 4, 2019 1:41 PM

Has the shooter been identified?

by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2019 1:44 PM

R87 isn't aware of how anger, discontent, prejudices, hatreds, and gun availability also factor into Islamic terrorism. They certainly have their differences, but there are undoubtedly underlying similarities. White Supremacists are similarly disillusioned by modern society. They don't feel as if they fit in, and the ideologies of white supremacy, which have strong political tenets, embolden them to take action. The same internet-driven radicalization occurs for both white supremacists and Islamists. It is terrorism. They have their specific targets and are aiming to make grand statements with their actions. You can discount them as angry losers if you want, but you can't deny the fact that they're all speaking the same fucking language.

by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2019 1:45 PM

These shootings keep happening in deplorable land, so... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, such deplorable places such as California ( several times), New York, and Jersey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2019 1:48 PM

R85 I'm sorry you feel that way.

I don't know how to stop them. Just vote Buttigieg but he won't win because he's not well known enough yet. I just, you guys wanted to know why this is happening and I'm pretty sure that's the reason why. When I saw them laughing over the dead bodies and the footage, I just wanted everyone else to know so they could agree to stop it too.

But what I got on here and I'm wondering if it's some level of Russian trolling involved, was just apathy. Just people who don't want their 'free speech' taken away. I just am confused. Obviously no normal person frequents those sites so how are you ever going to know what they think. Then to hold it up and say here is an example of why it's not good to allow it to go on, and oh you're a troll!

Well I'm not navel gazing and sticking my head in the sand. People post stats on why this occurs and I think a real issue is this. I mean, but we have a low key racist in the White House who somehow manages to get away with it, so wtf right. I mean for all I know you actually participate in those sites, and are Russian. Well whatever enjoy your apathy. I thought some intelligent people would second what Buttigieg says but hey maybe not everyone is as smart as he is. He did go to Harvard and has military experience and seems to know what he is on about..

Well when the next one occurs and its a white nationalist (big surprise) and you're all looking around like oh God when is this going to end... well I don't know how many times I can beat a dead horse but you know how it can end.

This is like early 1930s level Nazi Germany going on in America and I'm trying to prevent that by closing out the Nazi propaganda sites. You're so offended with it you want to turn away. Well I hope the rest of America isn't so stupid. I don't know how to take down their sties or I would myself. I'm not like a hacker or anything. But maybe if someone is and they happen to be on here and see what I'm saying, then maybe they can disrupt their sites, because it is a domestic terrorism site. It is. Please disrupt it.

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2019 1:48 PM

R90 yeah to me it's the same thing.

Look I'm sorry if I offended anyone (unless you're a covert racist or Russian Troll) I didn't mean to. I have family in the El Pso area and was very moved by this and want to prevent it. I think I will find a site where I can discuss this because it just seems to bring everyone down. It's just, I feel like I'm on mile marker 100 and everyone else is on mile marker 2 or 3 in terms of what needs to be done to eliminate the problem.

But maybe I'm not right. I wish we could just have the CDC commission a study on these online sites and the radicalization of people through them. I accept that this isn't the place to debate politics and apparently no one wants to hear it. I just don't know how else to be an activist or what write to my Congressperson about this? I don't know, but I was thinking if some smart people on hear saw what I had to say then maybe they could do something about it. Well, anyway I'm sorry and I'm sorry for all the shit in the world and pray it goes away.

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2019 2:06 PM

It's pouring rain outside right now. I think it might actually be angels weeping for our country.

😿 It's a sad day for America. Too bad we don't have a real President with real balls to stop this insanity.

by Anonymousreply 94August 4, 2019 2:19 PM

R89, we won’t hear much about him because “we” don’t want to “glorify” these criminals.

I’m sure there are some psychos who will glorify him on 8chan or wherever they gather. But I think we need to know who these people are. Although they’re pretty easy to pick out on social media.

by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2019 2:21 PM

You need real leadership, r94.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2019 2:23 PM

Beto directly called Trump a white nationalist on State of the Union.

This is his John Anderson moment.

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2019 2:25 PM

Does anyone know any protests? I'll be honest, I have a bit of anxiety about protesting but this is something I want to lend my support to. Some type of protest. Let the powers that be see people are worked up enough to go outside and protest.

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2019 2:28 PM

People think Melania's a bitch? His Royal Hindass, Donnie Rump, is the real both in the family.

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2019 2:30 PM

Yada yada yada politics...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2019 2:30 PM

^^^^ the real BITCH in the family.

Damn you, spell check. Damn you to grammatical hell!

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2019 2:32 PM

[quote]Beto directly called Trump a white nationalist on State of the Union.

And so did Pete.

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2019 2:33 PM

Calling someone a white supremacist is like calling someone a racist. It has been so overused, it has no effect. No one pays attention.

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2019 2:37 PM

Beto called Trump an outright racist in an interview last night.

Not one other presidential candidate has echoed him...yet.

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2019 2:38 PM

Pete did, r104 and Sanders. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 105August 4, 2019 2:40 PM

white nationalist is a measly way of calling someone a racist.

Beto called him right out as a RACIST. It was live on TV.

by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2019 2:41 PM

"These shootings keep happening in deplorable land, so... 🤷🏻‍♂️"

I agree. I think those kindergartners in Sandy Hook, Conn. got what they deserved. Some of their parents probably voted for Republicans, so their deaths are justified.

by Anonymousreply 107August 4, 2019 2:42 PM

Sadly that's what most of DL thinks R107. That's no different than the hatred the right has.

by Anonymousreply 108August 4, 2019 2:45 PM

Some people are claiming that this is a picture of the dead suspect, but you know how social media can be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 4, 2019 2:52 PM

Trump is a blatant, shameless racist. And the fact that he was elected President shows how many more like him are loose in this country.

Bad time for America.

by Anonymousreply 110August 4, 2019 3:06 PM

[quote]The video game blame is a red herring. It wasn't true in the 1980s and it's not true today.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick called for federal action against video games in a Fox News appearance this morning.

Terrorist expert Juliette Kayyem responded:

They won’t talk about guns because of the NRA.

They won’t talk about mental health because they defund health programs.

They won’t talk about white supremacy because it forms their base.

Behold... they found something to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 111August 4, 2019 3:09 PM

Sorry, r86, censorship is NOT why companies don't feature distasteful ads, or movies don't usually show explicit scenes of children dying. And it's not because no one wants to see that because it's too dark. And it has nothing to do with an entity having a moral compass (companies don't, as skimming the business section of any major paper will amply demonstrate).

The main reason why companies want to remain within the bounds of "decency" (as defined by their respective customer base) is that they want to avoid offending that customer base and thereby losing money. If there were big money to be made by showing graphic dismemberment live online, Time Warner and CNN would be all over it (and Fox "News" goes without saying). The price of feeding the fringe appetites of a small group of voyeurs is simply too high when it comes at the expense of a large "family" audience. (Avoiding FCC/regulatory penalties is a subsidiary motivator for keeping offensive stuff out of sight.)

Websites like 8chan or Bestgore or whatever are different: they're not primarily out for profit, and they cater to a small, self-selecting audience. They don't have to worry about offending Mom & Pop and the kiddies. That doesn't mean they sould be censored -- I for one want to know what these loons are saying and thinking, and law enforcement should be monitoring these sites too. If someone posts something like, "We need to shoot up that local school", that's a heads-up for increasing security there.

by Anonymousreply 112August 4, 2019 3:13 PM

was he shooting only black people, R51? I haven’t seen any information on it. Regardless, people of all races have been victims of domestic terrorist mass shootings and it’s equally tragic. Doesn’t matter if it’s all Hispanics one day, blacks the next, whites the third. We’re all terrorized in this country knowing we could be the next victims.

by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2019 3:21 PM

#DonaldTrump #ProudToBeUnAmerican

by Anonymousreply 114August 4, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick called for federal action against video games in a Fox News appearance this morning.

There are no mass shootings in Japan or South Korea and they're more obsessed with video games than we are. Ridiculous. The GOP has no shame.

by Anonymousreply 115August 4, 2019 3:28 PM

R109, it’s probably him. The shooter was said to be “heavy”

by Anonymousreply 116August 4, 2019 3:38 PM

He's also wearing a bullet-proof vest, which tracks.

by Anonymousreply 117August 4, 2019 3:42 PM

NBC: Dayton, Ohio, mass shooting suspect has been identified as a 24-year-old white male, a senior law enforcement official says.

by Anonymousreply 118August 4, 2019 3:52 PM

Daytonian here. The shooter has been identified as Connor Betts, 24, of Bellbrook, a bedroom community south and east of Dayton. No motive has been mentioned. Connor was white.

by Anonymousreply 119August 4, 2019 3:55 PM

I’ve seen no mention of Fox yet, but there should be.

Fox is craftful. You watch it, and walk away thinking you’ve heard some racist, white supremacy stuff, but you usually haven’t heard anything explicit. They imply, or hint at things, but don’t say them. They radicalize people but maintain plausible deniability. Some of those people then go on to more explicit, radical sites.

You can’t yell “Fire” in a crowded theater, and it’s likewise time to shut down fascism in America.

by Anonymousreply 120August 4, 2019 4:02 PM

The problem is not free speech. Enough about the fucking websites. You are clearly pushing an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 121August 4, 2019 4:11 PM

r118, 119, so he was white, I wonder what his politics were.

Or IOW: who did he vote for?

by Anonymousreply 122August 4, 2019 4:11 PM

Faux News is for old people. The young people are being radicalized online. These right wing extremists groups online are legion and vile and give people a community to encourage crazy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 123August 4, 2019 4:11 PM

R120 I don't know why Pelosi won't impeach him. He should have been stopped when he said the Mexico doesn't send their brightest. Remember when Howard Dean said Yeehah the wrong way and that eliminated his chances? What gave racism a pass????? The pussy grabbing comments didn't take him down? It's fucked up!

by Anonymousreply 124August 4, 2019 4:13 PM

Here's his mom's Facebook. Looks like he's an Incel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 4, 2019 4:14 PM

r124, I'm still astonished that his mocking of a disabled reporter wasn't enough to finish his candidacy.

We have fallen further than most of us even know.

by Anonymousreply 126August 4, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]Looks like he's an Incel.

Of course he was.

I really wish we'd stop using that term. It's just their way of identifying themselves as an oppressed minority and we shouldn't dignify that.

by Anonymousreply 127August 4, 2019 4:20 PM

The president has blood on his hands; he is partially responsible for all this with his hateful rhetoric at those Nazi rallies of his.

by Anonymousreply 128August 4, 2019 4:22 PM

Well, well, apparently the Feds are actually going to call the El Paso shooting terrorism.

Shame works.

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote]No, they are not. They are lured by their anger and discontent, emboldened by their prejudices and hatreds and enabled by the easy availability of guns.

True.

[quote]Muslim terror is lured, emboldened and enabled by Islam.

No, they are also angry and discontented young men who are radicalized by an extreme form of religion just as these white miltants are radicalized by nationalist propaganda. Basically, the same types of young me, just brainwashed by different ideologies.

—Anonymous

by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2019 4:26 PM

The Happy Family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 4, 2019 4:26 PM

The mom posted a Stop the Alt Right image on her FB in August 2017.

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2019 4:27 PM

Calling every white male shooter an 'incel' is tiresome, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 133August 4, 2019 4:28 PM

From the mothers Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 4, 2019 4:29 PM

The shootings have interrupted Trump's golf weekend. Have they no respect?

by Anonymousreply 135August 4, 2019 4:29 PM

As if, r135.

by Anonymousreply 136August 4, 2019 4:30 PM

Oh like he's going to change anything he does unless it affects him or his family. I doubt the "thoughts and prayers" tweets he posted were from him, too. He probably had his social media guy write them and post them while he was busy doing other things.

by Anonymousreply 137August 4, 2019 4:30 PM

The killers do it for the publicity, which the media dutifully gives them.

by Anonymousreply 138August 4, 2019 4:31 PM

What is the point of doxing the mother and sister and posting stuff from their social media accounts?

Their lives have just been ruined. Leave them out of it.

by Anonymousreply 139August 4, 2019 4:32 PM

Has Trump made an actual statement, or just thoughts and prayers Tweets.

Obama would have been out two hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 140August 4, 2019 4:32 PM

You can see his butt crack. I hope his look alike Mommy is embarrassed as hell.

by Anonymousreply 141August 4, 2019 4:32 PM

Democrat (cut and paste)

https://voterrecords.com/voters/Connor-Betts/1

by Anonymousreply 142August 4, 2019 4:33 PM

From a tweet. Something to think about:

The El Paso Walmart is an open-carry store.

Texas is an open-carry state.

No "good guy" with a gun stopped the "bad guy" with a gun.#GunControlNow

by Anonymousreply 143August 4, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote]No, they are also angry and discontented young men who are radicalized by an extreme form of religion just as these white miltants are radicalized by nationalist propaganda. Basically, the same types of young me, just brainwashed by different ideologies.

Yep. Those jihadist communities and these neo-nazi communities are just two sides of the same coin, both using the same tactics to get young men who feel left behind to act out.

by Anonymousreply 144August 4, 2019 4:34 PM

Just to clarify, r141 -- the lookalike appears to be the shooter's (twin?) sister, not his mother, who has a messy red bob.

by Anonymousreply 145August 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Every goddamn one of them are ugly as fuck. We need to legalize prostitution so these losers can get some sex and not kill a bunch of people . Yes,its really that simple !

by Anonymousreply 146August 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Obama would have gone right to the scene, and personally spoke to the survivors, and to those who lost friend and family members. Michelle would have gone, too.

Obama was a compassionate human being with genuine feelings, and he loves this country.

Need I say more?

by Anonymousreply 147August 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Could his mother be his sister, and his sister be his mother?

The devastating effect of inbreeding?

by Anonymousreply 148August 4, 2019 4:41 PM

He also killed his sister and her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 149August 4, 2019 4:52 PM

Did not realize that, r149.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 150August 4, 2019 4:53 PM

The mom has a picture of her with her kids at one of the shooting sites, the Dublin Pub.

by Anonymousreply 151August 4, 2019 4:55 PM

The sister of the shooter and her boyfriend found dead last night also. Hmmmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 152August 4, 2019 5:05 PM

The mom seems like a nice midwestern frau. How horrible to lose both her kids in this way.

by Anonymousreply 153August 4, 2019 5:07 PM

Trump decided to party it up at a wedding reception last night at Bedminster. Trash.

by Anonymousreply 154August 4, 2019 5:10 PM

Headline of the day: (from MSNBC)

In U.S. You Are More Likely to Be Victim of White Nationalist Terror Than Islamic Terror or Raped by a Mexican

by Anonymousreply 155August 4, 2019 5:20 PM

So the guy killed his (twin?) sister too. Holy shit. Can’t even go to sleep without something new popping off.

by Anonymousreply 156August 4, 2019 5:25 PM

No ‘manifesto’ from Ohio guy? Livestreams/Facebook postings?

by Anonymousreply 157August 4, 2019 5:28 PM

I have not been a great fan of Pete Buttigieg until now. This morning I watch his interview on CNN and was awestruck by his intelligent and articulate discussion of the two shootings. I don't believe any of the other candidates or even Obama could match Pete's calm, insightful call for action. The attached link is just a small part of the interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 4, 2019 5:28 PM

VOTE FOR PETE!

by Anonymousreply 159August 4, 2019 5:34 PM

The BBC has just confirmed that Betts' sister is one of the nine people killed.

by Anonymousreply 160August 4, 2019 5:38 PM

I woke up today and saw the headline "Nine people dead in US shooting" and thought, "Oh, they were estimating twenty deaths in El Paso last night, it wasn't as bad as they thought." And then it turned out it was another one.

by Anonymousreply 161August 4, 2019 5:42 PM

We need more coverage on Trump partying at a wedding reception the night of the killings in El Paso. This should be plastered all over the print news and covered extensively on the Sunday shows, at the least. President (the last real President) Obama would have been in El Paso, talking to law enforcement and the families. But then, he is a human being, not a robotic, imbecilic pissmidget.

by Anonymousreply 162August 4, 2019 5:43 PM

Yeah it's actually hard to find a separate story on the Ohio shooting on CNN's homepage.

by Anonymousreply 163August 4, 2019 5:44 PM

Six of the nine victims were black. I wonder if the sister’s boyfriend was black? As far as I’ve heard, they haven’t mentioned motives yet.

by Anonymousreply 164August 4, 2019 5:47 PM

White sister and black boyfriend of shooter both killed during the shooting. That’s a new twist on mass shootings.

by Anonymousreply 165August 4, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote] The mom posted a Stop the Alt Right image on her FB in August 2017.

New twist.

by Anonymousreply 166August 4, 2019 5:52 PM

The poor parents. Their lives are worse than over, even more so than the victims because they have to live with the guilt as well as the loss. They look pretty normal and non-radical. Maybe the mom posted the anti-right wing post because she was struggling with her son? We had the other tread about the risks of parenting, and here we keep having these worst case scenarios. I can’t imagine loving a child and having a monster emerge.

by Anonymousreply 167August 4, 2019 6:04 PM

^^^thread

by Anonymousreply 168August 4, 2019 6:05 PM

God knows I never want to be a parent, but yes the scariest thing is having crazy little shitstain as a kid. What can you really do? You can't ask for an exchange for a non-defective one.

by Anonymousreply 169August 4, 2019 6:06 PM

Apparently, 8/10 victims in Dayton were black.

Hmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 170August 4, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote]We need more coverage on Trump partying at a wedding reception the night of the killings in El Paso.

No. No, we do not need coverage of our selfless President bravely smiling through his tears in order to comfort our nation (by proxy) in its time of need. We [italic]are[/italic] those wedding guests.

Let's talk about the real outrage here: Obama wore a tan suit in 2014. A tan suit!!

by Anonymousreply 171August 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Wait -- that sister, the one in the pictures, she had a BOYFRIEND? And he wasn't named Jen or Pat?

by Anonymousreply 172August 4, 2019 6:18 PM

We all are only on this earth temporarily, although some longer than others. What is truly important is eternal life with the Lord. For the victims that were leading good Christian lives, we can take solace that they are now home with the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 173August 4, 2019 6:18 PM

I'm just so sick and frustrated by Trump tweeting and insinuating himself into every conversation. It's to the point I can hardly watch any news or even pop culture story without having to see the Orange POS weighing in.

I truly wish the news networks would join together and give us a Trump-free week. No mention of his name, his tweets, nothing. No matter the story. Or at least one network!

Imagine how much better the world would be, and how quickly we might recover if we could just ignore him altogether as we wait for his term to end.

by Anonymousreply 174August 4, 2019 6:20 PM

Man is r173 lost!

[quote]For the victims that were leading good Christian lives

Like not being sodomites? Perhaps you take your evangelical proselytizing elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 175August 4, 2019 6:20 PM

He is, unfortunately, the President r174. You can't expect them to just ignore the President.

by Anonymousreply 176August 4, 2019 6:21 PM

R176 In this case, I actually could. He never says or tweets anything helpful or of value. Only childish and divisive. It's a whole different ballgame we are now living in real time. I think it'd be a worthy experiment for at least one network to try. Maybe for one day.

What if CNN promoted it, then did it for one day. Covered every major news story without once mentioning the name Trump. What if their ratings skyrocketed? Could you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 177August 4, 2019 6:27 PM

We can absolutely “ask” the non-Fox channels to stop covering shut head by not watching their free publicity.

by Anonymousreply 178August 4, 2019 6:28 PM

Remember Trump tweeted more tweets about Kirsten Stewart being a bad girlfriend than he has tweeted about condemning white supremacy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 4, 2019 6:31 PM

R174 That’ll never happen. Cable news freaks are Trump junkies. The feed off his shit for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 180August 4, 2019 6:32 PM

R179 When has he ever condemned white supremacy? Except when he was pressed about it repeatedly like when he finally “condemned” David Duke (“okay, okay, I disavow it.”)

by Anonymousreply 181August 4, 2019 6:35 PM

Jesus.

[quote]Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local Schools responded to what was characterized as a violent threat earlier this month, which was written in pencil on the wall of a boys’ bathroom at Bellbrook High School. The message gave a time of 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, for the threat to be carried out. District officials and Sugarcreek Twp. police officers worked together to keep a watch on the school that day, and classes proceeded without incident. But one-third of the students, or roughly 315 of them, were absent that day despite the increase in police presence. Sugarcreek police are continuing to investigate the source of the threat.

That was from 2012. Bellbrook High School is in a suburb of Dayton.

Guess who it turned out to be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 4, 2019 6:51 PM

In 2010, the shooter’s maternal uncle Ryan Cofer was sent to prison for being in possession of child pornography. He received a 10-year sentence.

by Anonymousreply 183August 4, 2019 6:55 PM

Enough about the websites... says the Russian troll or the person who posts on them.

by Anonymousreply 184August 4, 2019 6:57 PM

I feel really sorry for the mom. She actually seems fairly enlightened. She asked for donations to Malala’s organization for her birthday, and seems to support culture and the arts. Not to mention the stuff posted in r134. And now she’s lost both her kids. I guess we’ll hear the full story in the next few days.

by Anonymousreply 185August 4, 2019 7:03 PM

Yes, trump has not only not drained the swamp, he has turned it into a shithole and an expandiing shithole hell-hole. A new cancer to be named Trump Type A.

by Anonymousreply 186August 4, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote]I feel really sorry for the mom. She actually seems fairly enlightened. She asked for donations to Malala’s organization for her birthday, and seems to support culture and the arts. Not to mention the stuff posted in [R134]. And now she’s lost both her kids. I guess we’ll hear the full story in the next few days.

I was coming here to post the same thing. Her husband and her are registered Democrats, as was Connor.

by Anonymousreply 187August 4, 2019 7:24 PM

[quote]What if CNN promoted it, then did it for one day. Covered every major news story without once mentioning the name Trump.

Oh please, we can’t even have one thread here about any topic under the sun without someone mentioning his name. It could be the most obscure and interesting thread and someone will come in with some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 188August 4, 2019 7:31 PM

Never forget that the NRA is a Russian front organisation.

They spent $$55M to ensure GOP kept the house & senate in 2016.

They funnelled $30M to Trump

Russia pays to kill Americans through the NRA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 4, 2019 7:40 PM

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome features.

by Anonymousreply 190August 4, 2019 7:40 PM

/////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 4, 2019 7:42 PM

Trump laughs when rallygoer suggests shooting border crossers

Only in the panhandle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 4, 2019 7:45 PM

Parents do appear to be liberal. Father is Steve Betts; Facebook likes include John Oliver and Trevor Noah. I’m wondering, as someone said upthread, if they were battling their son over his alt-right beliefs. The son a[eared to Target his sister and her black boyfriend, so I don’t think the guy was liberal.

by Anonymousreply 193August 4, 2019 7:45 PM

Get a clue. Damaged kids don't drop from the sky. Parents make them. They also live with them. And frankly, no children are born as unattractive as shooter and sister. Homeliness begins at home. I mean, look at dad. That's who I'm blaming. Just like crazy addict father of and negligent mother of Dallas shooter. I'm a parent. I've worked hard to guide my kids through some rough times. Nobody said it's easy, but being fucked up is a family thing. And you certainly can't judge someone by FB posts. Behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 194August 4, 2019 7:49 PM

They already tried impeachment in the House. There aren’t enough votes. Next.

by Anonymousreply 195August 4, 2019 7:54 PM

People trying to make this about their pet issues — white nationalism! Video games! Bad parenting! It’s all a bunch of bullshit. Nasim Aghdam, Omar Mateen, and DeWayne Craddock prove you can’t generalize about this, the generalizations always fall flat on their face.

The issue is much simpler. Angry people of any stripe can arm themselves like fucking Rambo at the drop of a hat, and they have done so over and over and will continue to do so until we reign in the ease of gun ownership and federalize it so it’s uniform across the whole country.

by Anonymousreply 196August 4, 2019 7:57 PM

That is an actual picture posted by R109. You can do a street view on Google Maps and see that the buildings across the street in the picture match those directly across from Ned Peppers on Google Maps.

by Anonymousreply 197August 4, 2019 8:03 PM

So the sister wasn't a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 198August 4, 2019 8:03 PM

I'm certainly not about to go shooting anyone or anything, but I come from a family you would have sworn was perfectly normal, happy, and content. We were anything but, and now (at age 40) I barely speak to my mother or older brother, I'm glad my father is dead, and the best family relationship I have is with my sister, whom I speak to once a year, maybe. But if you could have seen my family as an outsider when I was 18, you would have felt sure that we were the picture of middle class family harmony.

by Anonymousreply 199August 4, 2019 8:05 PM

Other than vacuity and superficiality, why don't Americans consider if young murderers were on some SSRIs that wreaked havoc with their developing brains and their hormones; Why do they look at the registered voter status of family members? The father of the man who killed five people on May 30, 2012 was an independent voter; the man who played music at full blast in the wee hours of July 5 in his highrise and brought out a firearm was shot dead by police -- he had something wrong with his brain, there was a documented call from him to ask if he was still allowed to have his firearm, he was a Democrat and a transplant from Phoenix; the 18-year-old who shot dead a 15-year-old girl at his school was looking to shoot dead his debating coach (adult debating coach, sophomore, they all look the same I guess to a high school senior with a firearm) lost a grandparent, and his parents recently split up, he was on anti-depressants.

by Anonymousreply 200August 4, 2019 8:14 PM

Slow your roll, Ms. Williamson.

by Anonymousreply 201August 4, 2019 8:23 PM

Well, it's official: Every ugly, unfuckable, white, American man in his 20's should be considered a potential domestic terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 202August 4, 2019 8:27 PM

Dayton police chief is hot.

by Anonymousreply 203August 4, 2019 8:29 PM

Instead of thoughts and prayers, conservatives should say, “Shots and scares.” It’s more appropriate these days.

by Anonymousreply 204August 4, 2019 8:29 PM

Crystal Carrington came from Dayton, Ohio. It figures.

by Anonymousreply 205August 4, 2019 8:32 PM

“THIS IS A MENTAL ILLNESS PROBLEM.”

by Anonymousreply 206August 4, 2019 8:38 PM

I’m sorry for the parents, too. It doesn’t seem as if they were crazy gun nuts. Do you really believe they raised him to go on a killing spree?

And how many of us are from conservative families and diverged from what we’ve been brought up to believe? It works both ways.

How many of us are stable adults who have an unstable sibling, raised in exactly the same manner?

by Anonymousreply 207August 4, 2019 8:41 PM

R206 He's right. The majority of the people who voted for him and attend his rallies are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 208August 4, 2019 9:17 PM

"Every goddamn one of them are ugly as fuck. We need to legalize prostitution so these losers can get some sex and not kill a bunch of people . Yes,its really that simple !"

This isn't the fault of white, heterosexual males-- it's the fault of the economically disadvantaged, vulnerable women who refuse to fuck them! Let's create a whole class of human trash to absorb the anger of incels, so that "good people" like R146 won't be shot!

by Anonymousreply 209August 4, 2019 9:20 PM

He was already out on the lawn saying it was mental illness. Someone should ask him tomorrow, since there are these people out there with this severe of a mental illness, don't you have some responsibility not to go out and say things that feeds into their condition?

by Anonymousreply 210August 4, 2019 9:25 PM

Hahahahaha. Coward. I'm SURE he "fractured his shoulder" at this convenient time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 4, 2019 9:26 PM

R200 Is that you Marianne?

by Anonymousreply 212August 4, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote] Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter de la Farge

IMPOSTOR!! It's Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan!!

by Anonymousreply 213August 4, 2019 9:56 PM

AP: Trump says 'hate has no place in our country'

Trump pointed to a mental illness problem in the U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 4, 2019 9:56 PM

Well, at least he didn't blame violent video games 🙄

by Anonymousreply 215August 4, 2019 9:59 PM

While I agree that mental illness is a likely factor, for him to say "hate has no place" while inciting and encouraging hate speech and violence is rich. He's either totally disconnected from what he says at his rallies or he speaks without any thought to the consequences but I also think a lot of his shit is scripted from Stephen Miller, that reincarnation of Goebbels.

by Anonymousreply 216August 4, 2019 10:03 PM

Dayton mayor is Buttigieg's best friend. Please send some love to her.

Please retweet this Tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 4, 2019 10:07 PM

Not that you can get a full or true impression for television appearances, but I have been impressed from what I have seen of the Dayton mayor.

by Anonymousreply 218August 4, 2019 10:09 PM

[quote]AP: Trump says 'hate has no place in our country'

Then why is he still here?

[quote]Trump pointed to a mental illness problem in the U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

So, he's willing to undo the bill he signed that revoked Obama-era gun checks for mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 219August 4, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote]We need to legalize prostitution so these losers can get some sex and not kill a bunch of people

Getting laid might help some, but some of the incels refuse to consider prostitutes on principle. They feel entitled to their own WIVES, basically, not just sex period.

by Anonymousreply 220August 4, 2019 10:14 PM

It seems the shooter and his mother were pretty close from these Facebook screenshots I got before her profile is scrubbed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 4, 2019 10:14 PM

Well, at least she'll always have the cards

by Anonymousreply 222August 4, 2019 10:16 PM

I dunno, she sounds a bit.... cloying. Women like that, unrestrained, could drive anyone to kill.

by Anonymousreply 223August 4, 2019 10:20 PM

She had a PARENTING WIN! Ooops not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 224August 4, 2019 10:20 PM

"Getting laid might help some, but some of the incels refuse to consider prostitutes on principle."

Some people don't seem to understand that hate-fucking a prostitute, who they KNOW is only tolerating them for money, will only fuel their rage.

by Anonymousreply 225August 4, 2019 10:22 PM

I mean, we used to get rid of a large part of our excess, low quality young men through regular, mass-casualty warfare. Maybe this is just what it looks like now that that isn't possible.

by Anonymousreply 226August 4, 2019 10:28 PM

These guys need to understand that they are ugly and aren't going to get hot women to fuck them like in the pornos. If they settled for a pudgy, nice girl with bad skin they could get laid. Instead they hold out for women they will never get and are angry. Someone needs to teach them to lower their standards. I know it was a parody, but MADTV did that dating bit on "Lowered Expectations" and they should make it a real thing. These losers would all be a lot happier.

by Anonymousreply 227August 4, 2019 10:33 PM

The thing is, these days, the pudgy, nice girls with bad skin are all trying to get the Chad-type guys, or just avoiding relationships altogether when they realize Chads are not in their future.

by Anonymousreply 228August 4, 2019 10:36 PM

It's not even just attracting girls, these guys typically don't even have any real friends or any type of a social life.

by Anonymousreply 229August 4, 2019 10:38 PM

R229 is absolutely right. These are men who have no social skills whatsoever. It's their problem, and expecting a girlfriend, whether pretty or ugly, to solve it is ridiculous.

We need to keep guns out of their hands, like all other civilized nations do. Period.

by Anonymousreply 230August 4, 2019 10:51 PM

R220, they want to be desired and lusted after and they believe that this is the key to a happy, fulfilling life. Relationships are their obsession and almost everything they know about relationships comes from TV/movies aka fantasy. I’m sure high-priced whores are good enough actresses to make them feel lusted after and desired, but I’m not sure it would satisfy them. Many of these guys are on the spectrum and there needs to be a specific and intensive treatment plan to address this problem because it’s not going away and clearly seems to be getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 231August 4, 2019 10:57 PM

I am certain the root cause is that as a child he was addressed as Master Betts. / That, along with his small weird dick (FACT: All incels have small and/or weird dicks or are premature ejaculators) This condition obviously progresses to gun fetishism. Again, another proven fact.

One more. This all could have been avoided with a simple procedure 24 years ago. FACT!

by Anonymousreply 232August 4, 2019 11:04 PM

chinless pete save us pweez

by Anonymousreply 233August 4, 2019 11:12 PM

Among other things, these guys are a symptom of the fact that boys are left to rot in public schools, this has been true for years. Put on Ritalin and then ignored. Combine that with bad parenting, which can mean anything from neglect to having one of those horrible helicopter-parent tyrant mothers so common now, and we're going to see some shit go down, folks.

by Anonymousreply 234August 4, 2019 11:19 PM

R234, yup. Add easy-guy guns to that mix, and we've got trouble. Angry men are a dime a dozen. It's the guns that scare me.

by Anonymousreply 235August 4, 2019 11:32 PM

Now, we cannot just cross the street to be safe from these violent fucks, they have AKs and Armour.

by Anonymousreply 236August 4, 2019 11:37 PM

Heavy is reporting that the Ohio shooter's social media indicate he wasn't motivated by White Nationalism, so what the fuck was he motivated by?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 4, 2019 11:39 PM

is the mass killer (shooter) dead? Do they have him in custody, or is he dead?

by Anonymousreply 238August 4, 2019 11:54 PM

R238 couldn't make it to r7.

by Anonymousreply 239August 4, 2019 11:55 PM

r237 he wouldn't be the first shooter that identifies with the left. Politicizing shooters is only obscuring the problem (and therefore a solution), but people are determined to do so, on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 240August 5, 2019 12:05 AM

r240, Most of the most recent shooters/killers have been right wing Trump deplorables (even the one in New Zealand) and you damn well know it.

STOP with the "both sides" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 241August 5, 2019 12:10 AM

Again, Trump had Q-ANON people at his rally the other night; he even had some of them on stage with him at one point.

And you wonder why things like El Paso are happening?

by Anonymousreply 242August 5, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote]Politicizing shooters is only obscuring the problem (and therefore a solution)

Everyone knows the problem and the solution, but our gun laws apparently are never changing (and guess which party is the real problem there?)

So we have to talk about something else, as Sandy Hook taught us, sensible gun reform is something America is not capable of.

by Anonymousreply 243August 5, 2019 12:12 AM

Gun laws are not going to stop this. Gun laws are not even close to the root of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 244August 5, 2019 12:16 AM

We need to WAKE UP.

by Anonymousreply 245August 5, 2019 12:18 AM

We need to WAKE UP.

by Anonymousreply 246August 5, 2019 12:18 AM

We need to WAKE UP.

by Anonymousreply 247August 5, 2019 12:18 AM

Glad we have the NRA chiming in at r244.

"Tons of easily accessible guns do NOT lead to gun violence!!!111 It's the video games, and that rap music, why it's everything except for gun!"

No one actually buys those NRA talking points. They became a laughing stock about a decade ago at this point, try a new tactic.

by Anonymousreply 248August 5, 2019 12:20 AM

I know this thread is about Dayton, but I still cannot get over the fact that the El Paso gunman is only 21. Sweet Jesus. Just fucking look at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 5, 2019 12:23 AM

I have decided I hate people who put FACT. or Fact! at the end of their statements.

by Anonymousreply 250August 5, 2019 12:25 AM

r248 no, I don't think it's gaming or rap music. I do think that there are plenty of other countries with similar rates of gun ownership and nearly equivalent availability, where shootings like this just don't happen, or only once a decade.

There is something deeply fucking wrong with American culture. This left vs right bullshit argument is proof of it, I mean really, wtf are you going to do, declare a civil war and go out and fight NRA people? If you're serious about that, then fuck you, you're as crazy, toxic, and fucking stupid as they are.

I almost hope some stupid, end-all war between the left and right actually happens, as long as sensible people have the chance to duck in time. Wipe each other out. Hurry the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 251August 5, 2019 12:28 AM

It's a weird kind of energy.

A bizarre thing that happens to be.

An abnormal fraternity.

And I feel more than sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 252August 5, 2019 12:30 AM

[quote]The thing is, these days, the pudgy, nice girls with bad skin are all trying to get the Chad-type guys, or just avoiding relationships altogether when they realize Chads are not in their future.

As is their right, though. They're not killing anyone over it.

by Anonymousreply 253August 5, 2019 12:30 AM

He killed his sister first. He was in love with her boyfriend and was jealous of her. The massacre was an excuse to cover up the crime of homosexual passion Also, he was a premature ejaculator. And he smelled like sour milk!

by Anonymousreply 254August 5, 2019 12:30 AM

r251 Please share the names of these places with "similar rates of gun ownership" and "nearly equivalent availability".

by Anonymousreply 255August 5, 2019 12:31 AM

r254 no, only themselves, often these days with alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 256August 5, 2019 12:31 AM

@walterowensgrpa is on fire:

[quote] Liberal’s do not think the immicant’s are dangerous and want open boarders ,,, well look what an immicant made that young man in El-Paso do today ,, very sad news

[quote] Believe we just need more mental health places ,,, I’m sure the shooter would of gone there in stead

[quote] Very cross right-now ,,, why won’t the liberals do some thing ,, instead they keep trying to regulate the (innocent) guns ,, study the (liberal bias) “data” , ban that AR ( stand’s for assault rifle) 15 ,,, limit magazine size (I prefer web sites) ,,, if only they would just Pray

[quote] Your right ,, just because he used the same word’s as the President does not mean anything ,, all thos words are in the dictionary (liberal bias) but I do not see the democants blaming the dictionary for being a racist

[quote] Wonder if that Rand Paul “antifa” neighbor was also responsible for Mitch McConnel recent injury ,, really make’s you think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 5, 2019 12:32 AM

r254 no, the DL gestapo has declared him an incel based on him being a young white guy, so he must be straight!@

by Anonymousreply 258August 5, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]I do think that there are plenty of other countries with similar rates of gun ownership and nearly equivalent availability...

No, there are not. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 259August 5, 2019 12:32 AM

r255 you can do your own research, but I'll give you an easy one: Canada. If you can't get one legally (they're quite readily available), you can get an illegal one from guess where. I'll throw you one more easy one: Switzerland. Now go get your google on.

by Anonymousreply 260August 5, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]I do think that there are plenty of other countries with similar rates of gun ownership and nearly equivalent availability, where shootings like this just don't happen,

Therein lies the problem, you think the gun culture in America is similar to other countries. It's not, we have way more guns on the streets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 5, 2019 12:33 AM

Check out gun violence in Brasil, Honduras and El Salvador. They are, in fact, very similar to the US. In fact, it seems a large percentage of the population of Honduras and El Salvador are seeking asylum - and safety - in the US.

by Anonymousreply 262August 5, 2019 12:34 AM

r260 and r262 show your proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 263August 5, 2019 12:36 AM

El Salvador - one murder every hour.

So yes, there are places much more violent than the US. But we need to fight for gun control here to reduce these mass killings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 5, 2019 12:37 AM

Having fewer guns on the streets doesn't matter much in the context of this discussion about spree shooters, though, does it? If a crazy young man wants to kill a lot of people, it is possible for him to do so in probably MOST countries in the world, if he sets his mind on it. New Zealand, for the love of gawd. Remember how surprised everyone was by that one? But they have (or had) quite loose gun laws, guns all over the place, as did Australia at one time (until they got their own spree shooter back in the 90s).

US culture is fucking sick. The left vs right, deplorables vs woke is so obviously part of that sickness, everyone else in the world sees it, why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 265August 5, 2019 12:37 AM

Another reason to adopt a pet.

by Anonymousreply 266August 5, 2019 12:37 AM

r263 my proof is that I'm Canadian, and own a gun, because I got the license to own one, and it was easy to get. Switzerland should be pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 267August 5, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]But they have (or had) quite loose gun laws, guns all over the place, as did Australia at one time (until they got their own spree shooter back in the 90s).

Funny how that worked. After suffering with gun violence problems, Australia adopted better gun laws and their rate of gun violence went way down!

Who would have guessed?!

by Anonymousreply 268August 5, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote]He killed his sister first. He was in love with her boyfriend and was jealous of her.

Or, maybe he was in love with his sister (or her doppelganger, Lena Dunham).

by Anonymousreply 269August 5, 2019 12:41 AM

Ban Ammunition. This is not in the second amendment.

by Anonymousreply 270August 5, 2019 12:42 AM

Would an explosion at Trump Tower NYC or a mass shooting at the Mar-a-Lago Golf Course get that lardass up off of his Lazy Boy recliner?

Maybe.

Maybe Not.

by Anonymousreply 271August 5, 2019 12:42 AM

r268 plenty of guns there still. When the criminal element there can't buy them, they just make them themselves. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 272August 5, 2019 12:42 AM

Canada's gun laws are much different than the US:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 5, 2019 12:44 AM

Why are you creating straw man arguments r272?

No one said Australia had no guns, what was said is that Australia changed their gun laws and that led to a much lower rate of gun violence. That is true.

No one is trying to ban all guns, you really are just here trying to spin NRA talking points. I tried to take you seriously earlier, but the more your post the more obvious you become.

by Anonymousreply 274August 5, 2019 12:46 AM

I think the sister and her big dicked black boyfriend were the reason for his murderous rage. She looked just like him, but unlike him got access to a fat cock. Must have infuriated him with his tiny cocklet.

by Anonymousreply 275August 5, 2019 12:46 AM

Do we know for sure that the boyfriend (who I heard was also the shooter's friend) was even black? The only place I've heard this particular tidbit is here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 276August 5, 2019 12:50 AM

r274 you really think someone who says the US is a deeply fucked up, sick place, with a toxic, terminally cancerous culture is an NRA spook?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 277August 5, 2019 12:53 AM

R263 Honduras has the highest homicide rate in the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 5, 2019 12:55 AM

Are people who stay at Maralago and their luggage required to go through a metal detector?

by Anonymousreply 279August 5, 2019 12:57 AM

r276 It was reported 6 of the 9 victims were African American men, and 3 of the victims (including the sister) were women. So he was one of the A.A. men. For some reason he only killed black men.

by Anonymousreply 280August 5, 2019 12:57 AM

This is funny! I forgot about it

So how do you prepare for a road trip? Make a checklist? Toothbrush. Razor. Whatever pills you've been taking. Phone and laptop chargers. Lee Child novel. And of course...

[bold] ...Chinese passports and a flash drive containing malware late last month, had a signal detector, other electronic devices and thousands of dollars in cash in her hotel room...multiple electronic devices in her hotel room, including a signal detector that can seek out and detect hidden cameras, another cell phone, nine USB drives and five SIM cards. There were also several credit cards in her name in the room--at the upscale Colony Hotel a block from the beach. She also had more than $8,000 in US and Chinese currency, with $7,500 of it in $100 bills. [/bold]

According to the Secret Service, via CNN, this was what a Chinese woman named Yujing Zhang carried into Mar-a-Lago over the weekend. Mar-a-Lago, of course, is the Winter Emolument of the President* of the United States. Zhang also was toting along an attitude and a couple of bullshit stories along with her own personal Best Buy outlet. From the AP:

[bold] Yujin Zhang, 32, approached a Secret Service agent at a checkpoint outside the Palm Beach club early Saturday afternoon and said she was a member who wanted to use the pool, court documents said. She showed the passports as identification. Agents say she wasn’t on the membership list, but a club manager thought Zhang was the daughter of a member. Agents say that when they asked Zhang if the member was her father, she did not answer definitively but they thought it might be a language barrier and admitted her. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 281August 5, 2019 1:07 AM

how did this Psycho get a AK gun and ammunition for it?

More bizarre, how did he get Armor?

by Anonymousreply 282August 5, 2019 1:09 AM

[bold] Zhang’s story changed when she got inside, agents say, telling a front desk receptionist she was there to attend the United Nations Chinese American Association event scheduled for that evening. No such event was scheduled and agents were summoned.

Agent Samuel Ivanovich wrote in court documents that Zhang told him that she was there for the Chinese American event and had come early to familiarize herself with the club and take photos, again contradicting what she had said at the checkpoint. She showed him an invitation in Chinese that he could not read. He said Zhang was taken off the grounds and told she could not be there. Ivanovich said she became argumentative, so she was taken to the local Secret Service office for questioning. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 283August 5, 2019 1:10 AM

Rules For Gracious Living: while carrying a couple of pounds of spy gear and thousands of dollars of cash around a presidential* residence, don't mouth off to the Secret Service. Of course, the Secret Service seems to have been going walkabout on the whole business.

Rules For Gracious Living: while carrying a couple of pounds of spy gear and thousands of dollars of cash around a presidential* residence, don't mouth off to the Secret Service. Of course, the Secret Service seems to have been going walkabout on the whole business.

[bold] For instance, a Secret Service agent who spoke Mandarin was called in to help with translations hours into Zhang's questioning. Adler also had Ivanovich admit that the agency that protects the President largely relied on Mar-a-Lago staff to determine whether to admit Zhang, didn't see red flags in the devices she carried when they showed up at a metal detector checkpoint inside the club, and asked no further questions of Zhang when she first arrived once they believed she was related to another club member with the same last name. Adler pointed out her name was extremely common in China--one of the three most common last names in the country.

Zhang talked her way into the club, carrying a large number of electronic devices including malware on a thumbdrive. At first, she told a special agent at Mar-a-Lago she wanted to visit the pool at the beach club--even though she wore a long gray dress and had no bathing suit. The Mar-a-Lago beach club manager then noted her last name matched that of a club member, and the club waved her in, believing her to be the club member's daughter, and "due to a potential language barrier issue," authorities wrote in her criminal complaint. A golf cart shuttle driver then took her to the club's main reception area, where Zhang told a Secret Service agent she sought to attend a "United Nations Friendship Event" on the premises. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 284August 5, 2019 1:12 AM

wait, he killed his sister?

WTF?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 285August 5, 2019 1:14 AM

"Hey, Secret Service! Your shoe's untied!"

They also did a thing that can safely be called Not Smart.

[bold] Ivanovich, being questioned about the malware allegedly found on Zhang's thumb drive, said the agent examining the drive found a malicious "file" that began to install onto an agent's computer, and the agent looking at it said that had never happened before, and it was "very out of the ordinary" when conducting a criminal analysis. The agent looking at the drive had to stop the analysis and shut down his computer. [/bold]

The whole story is hinky as hell, especially in the context of the parallel investigation into the alleged influence peddled by Cindy Yang, the founder of the now-famous chain of strip-mall massage parlors. Zhang herself seems alternately at sea with English and astute in her questioning about her own legal status. What we do know is that, in all things, Camp Runamuck's concept of security is a little less stringent that that provided by a pack of Shih-Tzus.

-------

Hell, the secret service is probably so used to letting in Russians who don't speak English & claim to be related to the Slovenian whore that they get slipped up easily.

by Anonymousreply 286August 5, 2019 1:18 AM

[Quote]how did this Psycho get a AK gun and ammunition for it?

He went to a store and bought one? Getting an assault gun is easy.

by Anonymousreply 287August 5, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote] wait, he killed his sister? WTF?!?!?

Good morning. Welcome to Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 288August 5, 2019 1:20 AM

he killed his sister? Where?

by Anonymousreply 289August 5, 2019 1:30 AM

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine is being shouted down at this vigil in Dayton. Crowd is chanting “Do Something” as DeWine offers his condolences to the city and victims of the shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 5, 2019 1:31 AM

John Legend:

When we condemn the racist venom coming from the President's mouth and point out the bigotry of his policies, it's not an academic question, it's not a political game, it's about life and death. The President regularly inspires killers. He is a part of the problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291August 5, 2019 1:34 AM

In his Twitter profile, Connor Betts, the 24-year-old suspected gunman in the Dayton mass shooting, wrote, "he/him / anime fan / metalhead / leftist / i'm going to hell and i'm not coming back." https://archive.fo/MFDwa

by Anonymousreply 292August 5, 2019 1:38 AM

[quote]No one said Australia had no guns, what was said is that Australia changed their gun laws and that led to a much lower rate of gun violence.

What was the rate before?

by Anonymousreply 293August 5, 2019 1:38 AM

Dayton Police: Shooter's sister and her boyfriend, were among the victims he shot and killed this AM.

Shooter identified as Connor Betts. He was shot and killed by police at the scene within a minute of him opening fire.

Police not saying if Betts' family is cooperating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294August 5, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote] he killed his sister? Where?

In the general body area

by Anonymousreply 295August 5, 2019 1:43 AM

Connor's dead body:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 5, 2019 1:46 AM

SW Ohio cunt blames shootings on drag queens and gays. The state is so divided - the solid blue north and redneck south. She is disgusting. Gay politician publishes her phone number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297August 5, 2019 2:06 AM

SW Ohio cunt blames shootings on drag queens and gays. The state is so divided - the solid blue north and redneck south. She is disgusting. Gay politician publishes her phone number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 5, 2019 2:06 AM

I guess my gaydar needs repairing. Just looking at pictures of the sister, I was certain she was a lesbian. It came as a shock when I read that she was dating a man.

by Anonymousreply 299August 5, 2019 2:14 AM

Keller, in the post, placed the blame for mass shootings on "the breakdown of the traditional American family(thank you, transgender, homosexual marriage, and drag queen advocates); fatherlessness, a subject no one discusses or believes is relevant; the ignoring of violent video games; the relaxing of laws against criminals(open borders); the acceptance of recreational marijuana; failed school policies(hello, parents who defend misbehaving students): disrespect to law enforcement(thank you, Obama)."

The post went on to blame others, including the Democrats in Congress, and other lawmakers who don't value the Second Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 300August 5, 2019 2:14 AM

All just part of the toxic gumbo that America has become.

by Anonymousreply 301August 5, 2019 2:16 AM

how did this violent psycho who hates his own sister get a AK and armor?

by Anonymousreply 302August 5, 2019 2:20 AM

He reached into the toxic gumbo that is now America, and pulled them out, easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 303August 5, 2019 2:22 AM

I guess drag queens sold him the guns.

by Anonymousreply 304August 5, 2019 2:22 AM

The reason he asked where the sister was shot is probably because there was a rumor they were found in a car located away from the scene. Now we're being told that the sister and boyfriend were at the scene and two of the nine killed.

by Anonymousreply 305August 5, 2019 2:27 AM

Incel. Hater and threatener of women and his high school classmates. Known to have a sick sense of humor. NOT bullied, just another violent straight, loser who felt entitled to decide other people should die on his whim.

Too bad his momma didn't abort this waste of life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 5, 2019 2:43 AM

[quote] The video game blame is a red herring. It wasn't true in the 1980s and it's not true today.

I remember when Columbine happened, the then-fledgling FOX News were besides themselves blaming Marilyn Manson for the attack, which btw, kinda ruined his career. To Manson's credit, he gave a very eloquent and thoughtful response to being scapegoated at the time.

by Anonymousreply 307August 5, 2019 2:45 AM

Apparently Betts really was a loon, a Satanist wannabe of some kind. Seriously toxic and fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 308August 5, 2019 2:49 AM

I dunno about you, but I saw right through Manson's protestations, that shit he was saying about how he would have listened to the Columbine shooters. He's one of the worst people in showbiz, a total piece of shit, and he was just trying to play the whole thing to his own benefit.

by Anonymousreply 309August 5, 2019 2:53 AM

^Yeah, well, Columbine still wasn't his fault. And neither are video games. It's just deflection from the Republicans so that people won't look at the blood on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 310August 5, 2019 2:56 AM

"Gun laws are not going to stop this"

Why did they stop it in Scotland? Why did they stop it in Australia? Why did they stop it in Japan?

by Anonymousreply 311August 5, 2019 2:57 AM

Daytonian here. The local news media has been interviewing school friends of Connor Betts and the picture emerging is he was like the Colombine shooters -- a black-clad loner mad at the world. He doesn't appear to be an outright racist, but he was upset his sister was dating a black guy. The black boyfriend was shot, but survived and, as we know, the sister died. The picture of the body on the sidewalk in this thread is the shooter. It was taken by one of the patrons huddled in Ned Pepper's. He ordered the AK47 via mailorder and took delivery at a local gun shop. The police aren't sure where he got the body armor. He had only traffic violations and no other criminal record. He had been a student at Sinclair Community College, but never got a degree and worked at minimum wage jobs, including Chipotle. He lived with his sister in the house in Bellbrook that has been searched. He and his sister apparently lived alone; initial reports said his parents also lived in the house. The local police say the parents are in shock and are being treated as victims, which is kind of stranger terminology, but that's the word they're using. The local Dayton Daily News is posting mini profiles of all the victims. Most of the wounded have been treated and released. Some weren't wounded by gunfire, but were hurt while running away from the gunfire.

by Anonymousreply 312August 5, 2019 3:01 AM

State Rep. (Republican, naturally) Candice Keller puts the blame where it belongs, including you "drag queen advocates".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 5, 2019 3:03 AM

The pictures of the Virgin Mary statues on the mother's facebook makes me wonder if the Uncle's conviction for sex abuse of kids points to a family history of abuse by priests.

by Anonymousreply 314August 5, 2019 3:04 AM

There's something really fucking wrong with your country, Americans. Blaming guns is just silly. Grind them all into metal shavings and you'll still be the craziest motherfuckers on the planet, and like places where guns are harder to get, you'll just kill each other in new ways. Not like a banning would work anyway, Pandora's box is well and permanently open on that score.

Fix your disgusting, violent, twisted fucking culture. It's spread like a cancer. Luckily the world is waking up.

by Anonymousreply 315August 5, 2019 3:06 AM

Keller is a loathsome piece of shit, and R315 is no better.

by Anonymousreply 316August 5, 2019 3:10 AM

Please tell me English is not R315's first language.

by Anonymousreply 317August 5, 2019 3:13 AM

R315 It all comes from a spiritual lack of love.

Vote Marianne Williamson to return the soul love to America!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318August 5, 2019 4:11 AM

Marianne as president may be the only one who can heal the nation.

by Anonymousreply 319August 5, 2019 5:49 AM

r315 is correct. Americans are substantially more violent than people in other developed countries, with or without a particular weapon of choice.

by Anonymousreply 320August 5, 2019 5:54 AM

R320 Maybe it's Sam Colt's fault. He flooded the Us with Colt pistols and employed dirty tactics to get Europeans to buy them too.

With a virtual monopoly, Colt sold his pistols in Europe, where demand was high due to tense international relations. By telling each nation that the others were buying Colt's pistols, Colt was able to get large orders from many countries who feared falling behind in the arms race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321August 5, 2019 6:01 AM

[quote]I guess my gaydar needs repairing. Just looking at pictures of the sister, I was certain she was a lesbian. It came as a shock when I read that she was dating a man.

Gaydar is not always as effective when gay men use it for women or when lesbians use it on men.

Gay men are better at picking up when other men ping, and lesbians are better at picking up when other women ping.

by Anonymousreply 322August 5, 2019 7:25 AM

Not to mention that their "hunches" about who might be gay are often based on embarrassing stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 323August 5, 2019 8:10 AM

Trump speaks ... er, tweets:

"We cannot let those killed in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, die in vain. Likewise for those so seriously wounded. We can never forget them, and those many who came before them. Republicans and Democrats must come together and get strong background checks, perhaps marrying....

....this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform. We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!"

by Anonymousreply 324August 5, 2019 11:15 AM

So Trump is going to force Dems to accept his warped ideas on immigration reform if they want to do anything serious about gun control.

Once again, nothing is going to get done.

by Anonymousreply 325August 5, 2019 11:19 AM

The El Paso killer deliberately drove all the way to that Mall in order to attack Hispanics, r324. The Orange asswipe has absolutely no shame when he brings immigration reform into this, when it’s his statements and tweets that are helping to enable this type of behaviour to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 326August 5, 2019 11:32 AM

r326, Not that I expected him to, but Trump took absolutely NO responsibility for his hateful racist rhetoric in his rallies as being partially responsible for this weekend's mayhem. No of course not, it's an IMMIGRATION problem.

Listen Trump you fucking stupid orange cretin, the Hispanics who were killed in El Paso this past weekend were CITIZENS of El Paso and Mexican NATIONALS who were over the border for the day to do some shopping on the American side.

IMMIGRATION had NOTHING to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 327August 5, 2019 12:37 PM

Jesus, r300, is there anyone she DIDN’T blame?!

Is my bowl of Rice Krispies also responsible?

Talk about unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 328August 5, 2019 1:14 PM

The crazy white people in this country and their obsession with guns is scary.

by Anonymousreply 329August 5, 2019 1:18 PM

No actual left wing person calls themselves a "leftist". That is a Republican swear word. The pronouns and Satan and leftist bit make me think that profile is total bullshit or he was trolling.

by Anonymousreply 330August 5, 2019 1:48 PM

8chan has been shut down.

by Anonymousreply 331August 5, 2019 1:54 PM

[quote] 8chan has been shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 5, 2019 2:00 PM

It's the communication of violent, terrorist ideas that to be shut down. Does anyone really want to refer to 1984 and thought control politics? No offense but in these Phillip K Dick stories, did it feature random innocents about their day suddenly getting shot? Can we stop conflating the two?

There's a difference between sensible laws that stop racial genocide speech from proliferating, and the ideas in 1984. People are dying. What the fuck is Dick and Orwell's solution? Live with the violence? What the fuck? They're dead and Phillip K. Dick went a little crazy and tried to kill himself by driving off a cliff with his gf in the car. Maybe, just maybe we should think for ourselves about these things and not reference some writer's conjuring of a thought police state. Thoughts become actions that can kill.

by Anonymousreply 333August 5, 2019 2:14 PM

I heard this on CNN this am and it was spot on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 5, 2019 2:21 PM

R331 no, it hasn't. Cloudflare turning off its service won't shut it down. It will just use DDoS protection from another source.

Censorship is not the solution. I get that it makes you feel better but it isn't good for an ostensibly "free" society in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 335August 5, 2019 3:15 PM

A particular company refusing to take the business of an odious entity is not censorship, it's free-market capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 336August 5, 2019 3:36 PM

R336 no, it's still censorship.

by Anonymousreply 337August 5, 2019 3:42 PM

Is 8Chan being thrown in jail? No.

by Anonymousreply 338August 5, 2019 3:47 PM

I think some psychological satisfaction the people who do this get is in doing it for this little online community. They think they will be heroes there at least. Maybe they can't be successful in other areas of their lives but to this group of online strangers, they can be Gods. That is a good feeling for them. It's hard to describe.

Those communities existence allows them to have an audience. Why else would they upload it or live stream it to their racist bros? Maybe removing that would take most of the joy out of it. Obviously, not all shooters are motivated this way but I think the increase is because of these echo chambers as well as our seemingly racist President.

You're not a good President if droves of people are thinking you are racist. Whether you really are a racist or not.

by Anonymousreply 339August 5, 2019 3:54 PM

Sites such as 8chan and their ilk are like weeds: Once you close one down another will spring up to take its place.

The only way to police it properly would be to enact some kind of draconian censorship law that would end up impacting everybody.

by Anonymousreply 340August 5, 2019 4:01 PM

[quote]Sites such as 8chan and their ilk are like weeds: Once you close one down another will spring up to take its place.

People have already live-streamed murders on Facebook and Discord, posted manifestos on Twitter.

[quote]The crazy white people in this country and their obsession with guns is scary.

Tell us about it!

by Anonymousreply 341August 5, 2019 4:18 PM

If he was making hit lists and rape lists involving female students when he was in high school, I'd say this kid has some anger issues and women (mother?) issues. He killed his sister, for heavens sake.

by Anonymousreply 342August 5, 2019 4:20 PM

Not to excuse the piece of shit, but I just bet his mother is one of those infuriating, randomly invasive, controlling types (but controlling in a syrupy sweet way). So many of those, and a lot of damaged kids because of them, they seem to be especially harmful to sons.

by Anonymousreply 343August 5, 2019 4:23 PM

I’m wondering how many would-be mass shooters do the decent thing and kill themselves before killing others.

I hope it’s a high number and that many potential tragedies have been avoided unbeknownst to the rest of us.

I also wonder why these two pathetic cowards didn’t follow suit.

by Anonymousreply 344August 5, 2019 4:25 PM

Holy Toledo!

by Anonymousreply 345August 5, 2019 4:26 PM

I guess more censorship is where Democrats and Republicans will find common ground. Donald Trump blamed social media and violent video games. Enjoy your internet because it's not going to last.

by Anonymousreply 346August 5, 2019 4:29 PM

R327 Where does he blame immigration for mass shooting? I must have missed it somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 347August 5, 2019 4:31 PM

She might have been the type that excused his behaviour no matter what he did, r343. Obviously we shouldn’t be passing judgement without knowing the facts, but I knew a mother who’s son was a psycho in the making, and she defended her precious little angel even after he severely assaulted an underage girl, while also being accused of burning down a local apartment complex.

by Anonymousreply 348August 5, 2019 4:33 PM

R333 It also enables law enforcement to catch potential shooters before they act. The question becomes were these people going to act out anyway or were they radicalized on the internet? No one can say for certain, but one thing I know is, of the two options, I'd rather have stronger enforcement of red flag laws than a blanket ban.

by Anonymousreply 349August 5, 2019 4:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 5, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote]but I knew a mother who’s son was a psycho in the making,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 351August 5, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote]but I knew a mother who’s son was a psycho in the making,

A boy's best friend is his mother.

by Anonymousreply 352August 5, 2019 5:13 PM

R337, you don't know what censorship is.

by Anonymousreply 353August 5, 2019 5:26 PM

r353 are you joking?

[quote]Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient".[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by a government,[5] private institutions, and corporations.

[quote]Governments[5] and private organizations may engage in censorship. Other groups or institutions may propose and petition for censorship.[6] When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of their own works or speech, it is referred to as self-censorship. It occurs in a variety of different media, including speech, books, music, films, and other arts, the press, radio, television, and the Internet for a variety of claimed reasons including national security, to control obscenity, child pornography, and hate speech, to protect children or other vulnerable groups, to promote or restrict political or religious views, and to prevent slander and libel.

[quote]Direct censorship may or may not be legal, depending on the type, location, and content. Many countries provide strong protections against censorship by law, but none of these protections are absolute and frequently a claim of necessity to balance conflicting rights is made, in order to determine what could and could not be censored. There are no laws against self-censorship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Cloudflare has not suppressed 8Chan. They are just not taking their business any more.

by Anonymousreply 355August 5, 2019 6:56 PM

r335 Cloudflare isn't what I'm referring to as censorship. Nice try, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356August 5, 2019 6:58 PM

R353, no, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 357August 5, 2019 6:59 PM

Barack Obama reacts to the shootings with a grace our current President can't muster. Expect Trump to attack him via Tweet any minute now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 5, 2019 7:16 PM

The mayor of Dayton was asked about Trump's apparent plan to visit, and her answer was awesome.

[quote]"I've heard that [President Trump's] coming Wednesday but I have not gotten a call. And you know he might be going to Toledo, I don't know."

by Anonymousreply 359August 5, 2019 8:17 PM

Fair point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360August 5, 2019 8:53 PM

What if there's a day when women rose up and killed all their oppressor overlord men?

Can anyone imagine a world where alpha males aren't in charge? So we have the Handmaid's Tale? Where's the movie where it's open season on straight white males? 5000 Lina Hamiltons from the Terminator launch an army against the Donald Trumps of the world.

The pussy grabbing days are over! That would be an intersting movie. I'd like to see a gay superhero be the alphiest alpha male too for a change. Just a change.

by Anonymousreply 361August 5, 2019 9:52 PM

I would rather see the one where men replace women with artificial wombs and enact universal homosexuality legislation, and create therapies that keep everyone 25 and hot forever.

by Anonymousreply 362August 5, 2019 9:59 PM

Ohio GOP chairman calls for Keller resignation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 5, 2019 10:02 PM

We received an E-mail from our CEO today that two of the women killed were our colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 364August 5, 2019 10:32 PM

Where is Howard Beal to lead the charge against the madness of King Donald?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365August 5, 2019 10:36 PM

Words are meaningless at this point R364, but I am truly sorry. While you may not have known them personally, this news had to have been sobering.

by Anonymousreply 366August 5, 2019 10:43 PM

I’m so sorry, r364.

by Anonymousreply 367August 5, 2019 10:51 PM

R364 that means two new positions are open! See if you can move up!

by Anonymousreply 368August 5, 2019 10:52 PM

R368 - Republican values

by Anonymousreply 369August 5, 2019 10:53 PM

How did this psycho get a AK and armor, if he has a hit list and rape list since High School?

by Anonymousreply 370August 5, 2019 10:59 PM

Too soon r368, too soon.

by Anonymousreply 371August 5, 2019 11:09 PM

Lax tracking of those who aren't supposed to be able to purchase firearms, no one but victims or advocacy groups taking 'red flags' or prior domestic violence convictions seriously and many sickos getting away with their behavior as "Boys will be boys." bullshit, R370.

The shooters with 'histories' of prior incidents or having been reported to school officials or LEO far outweigh those who haven't.

Law enforcement needs to take those shitheads far more seriously (from the get-go) than they do. Be proactive. Give them the ~attention ~ they so desperately need, in other words. Instead of how they're handling it, which OBVIOUSLY isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 372August 5, 2019 11:30 PM

Sorry to hear that, R364.

by Anonymousreply 373August 5, 2019 11:43 PM

Wasn’t there a law passed during the Obama administration (or maybe it was an executive order) saying that people with a history of mental health problems couldn’t buy guns, only to have President Fat Ass overturn it?

by Anonymousreply 374August 5, 2019 11:45 PM

You are correct, R374

by Anonymousreply 375August 5, 2019 11:49 PM

Yes r374...it was one of the very first bills that Trump signed when he took office. Then when Parkland happened a month later, he and Sen. Grassley (who sponsored the bill) both had the gall to go on tv and say that something should be done about those with mental issues having access to guns.

by Anonymousreply 376August 5, 2019 11:56 PM

Parkland happened in 2018, not 2017.

by Anonymousreply 377August 6, 2019 12:18 AM

A month, a year...it still took a lot of gall, though.

by Anonymousreply 378August 6, 2019 12:29 AM

Thanks for your comments. My BF and I talked after I clocked out for the day, and I started crying. I didn't know the two ladies personally, but knew them from E-mails. But I still cried after Sandy Hook, and Orlando, too. But tears don't accomplish anything. We need to demand change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 6, 2019 1:20 AM

R370, he ordered the gun online. It was seriously that easy. Republicans are so crazy and fucked up, they don't care who dies to right-wing terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 380August 6, 2019 2:15 AM

The only time they seemed fazed was when the old dude shot up their ballgame. That was the ONLY time the Repubs seemed freaked out about gun violence.

by Anonymousreply 381August 6, 2019 2:17 AM

Fat Fuckabee speaks out of his ass about thoughts and prayers being the answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 6, 2019 2:21 AM

Hot graduate student killed while in town for a cancer care internship:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383August 6, 2019 2:48 AM

Pete Buttigieg:

This president is amplifying white nationalist hate and @senatemajldr is blocking a bill that could disarm them. Dial 877-615-7198 to tell your Senators to pass gun safety reforms that the majority of Americans want.

We must act—for our futures, our loved ones, and our country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 6, 2019 3:06 AM

Shooter was apparently a leftist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385August 6, 2019 3:09 AM

Cute engineer, 30, "world's best son," killed:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386August 6, 2019 3:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 6, 2019 3:20 AM

Nicholas Cumer, 25, mentioned in r383, from the Washington Post-

[quote] “He was smart and handsome. And everybody loved him.”

[quote] Cumer had spent the summer in Columbus and commuted an hour each morning to the alliance’s treatment center. He had never been to downtown Dayton, so on Saturday night, after attending a colleague’s housewarming party nearby, the group of interns decided to bring him to the Oregon District, said Erwin, a Dayton native. "We were going to show him one good, fun night out,” Erwin said. “That was the plan.”

by Anonymousreply 388August 6, 2019 3:28 AM

It's much more tragic because someone hot died 😢

by Anonymousreply 389August 6, 2019 5:17 AM

Anymore info on the shooter? Were his online democratic leanings a hoax? Was the sisters boyfriend black? He obviously targeted majority black men. The only thing that has been confirmed by his Former classmates is that he was a misogynistic incel who threatened to rape and kill women. When will the media call this what it is- another white nationalist incel terrorist attack !!?

by Anonymousreply 390August 6, 2019 5:41 AM

R390, grim topic aside, I love your username.

by Anonymousreply 391August 6, 2019 5:43 AM

Fuck R388 talk about wrong place, wrong time. Sucks for Erwin

by Anonymousreply 392August 6, 2019 6:31 AM

because, R390, it may not be a white nationalist incel. He might have been a toxic masculinity empowered cis-male who wanted to use his empowerment to subjugate women, as all cis-males do.

by Anonymousreply 393August 6, 2019 6:32 AM

I can't tell if he was a good shot or a bad shot, but I do believe he was shooting at black people.

by Anonymousreply 394August 6, 2019 8:05 AM

Thoughts and prayers for the people of Lima, who have suffered so much.

by Anonymousreply 395August 6, 2019 8:15 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396August 6, 2019 8:20 AM

r330, I think you're wrong.

I know plenty of leftists who identify as such.

by Anonymousreply 397August 6, 2019 9:17 AM

R393, that’s not true. Not all cis-males want to “subjugate” women, in fact, most don’t. How about if I generalized about SJWs and said they were all crazy?

by Anonymousreply 398August 6, 2019 1:35 PM

R390 Please don't use cis. It's a slur.

by Anonymousreply 399August 6, 2019 2:00 PM

It wasn’t in the ‘70s, man.

by Anonymousreply 400August 6, 2019 2:10 PM

Everyone calls themselves a "leftist" or a "lefty" in Canada. Probably common in the US, too. This guy belongs to them, scream about it all day, it's true. As a defiant centrist, I'm not surprised in the least. Both extremes are producing terrifying nutjobs.

by Anonymousreply 401August 6, 2019 3:36 PM

It's not common here, fascist scum!

by Anonymousreply 402August 6, 2019 3:59 PM

I submit r402 as evidence of my assertion.

by Anonymousreply 403August 6, 2019 4:03 PM

I AM A DEFIANT POSTER. I DEFY things by trolling BOTH SIDES, because I AM AN ASSHOLE. Now go back to Hitler, you Luddite Satanist Transbian!

by Anonymousreply 404August 6, 2019 4:27 PM

Both extremes are not producing terrifying nut jobs, r401. Only one side.

by Anonymousreply 405August 6, 2019 4:27 PM

frau Mayor Nan giving yet another update to the press. How many times will she describe Dayton residents as having “GRIT?”

by Anonymousreply 406August 6, 2019 4:29 PM

The Dayton mayor is fantastic. I hope she runs for higher office.

by Anonymousreply 407August 6, 2019 4:31 PM

Asked about Trump’s “Toledo” comment: “People back East think all our towns look alike.” Yeah, add me to that mix and I’m a midwesterner. Toledo, Dayton, Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland...they could all be the same place as far as I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 408August 6, 2019 4:37 PM

Awww, touchy, r404.

The Dayton shooter was an Antifa-retweeting, Elizabeth Warren voting, socialized medicare supporting lefty.

He's one of yours. And he's not the first. He will most definitely not be the last.

You lot really are just as toxic and lacking in self-awareness as the right. If only we could dump you all in a field to kill each other off.

by Anonymousreply 409August 6, 2019 4:39 PM

R408 But Dayton has GRIT though.

by Anonymousreply 410August 6, 2019 4:42 PM

He most definitely WAS the first, asshole at r409. And probably the last. And ANTIFA doesn’t exist, it was made up by fascists like you.

by Anonymousreply 411August 6, 2019 4:43 PM

r409 you are such a smug douchebag. I'm sure you are a lot of fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 412August 6, 2019 4:45 PM

Fight evil tooth and claw, r411 and r412! Victory is at hand! We have always been at war with Eastasia!!!

by Anonymousreply 413August 6, 2019 4:47 PM

Oh for christ's sake r413.

So your issue with the left is the identity politics/pronouns/etc. that many sane people on the left think are ridiculous.

Your issue with the right is... what exactly? Fox News is a reflection (and partial cause of) the right's viewpoints. There may be a "far right" but it's "far far far right". The "both sides"-ism is pure unadulterated bullshit from some smug idiot troll who, from what you said above in r409, is clearly a libertarian/right-wing viewpoint. You may pretend not to be a Republican, but you CLEARLY are, despite your protestations to the contrary.

Were you abused as a child?

by Anonymousreply 414August 6, 2019 4:50 PM

R408 glad she reminds everyonr the Trump is a coastal elite not a Self made successful everyman like he tries to convey.

by Anonymousreply 415August 6, 2019 4:51 PM

r414, oh dear.

I can't be Republican. I'm not American. Not even close. I do, however, live somewhere where the toxic ideological sewage from BOTH SIDES has managed to spread enough to do some serious harm, but the population here is aware enough of it that I think the harm will be limited as we watch the US tear itself to pieces.

Your reading of what I wrote -- the shit about having problems with pronouns or whatever -- is just bizarre. Not sure where you got that, except it does appear that for most Americans there is now this unstoppable reflex to file EVERYONE away to either "left" or "right" depending on some single, superficial thing they said, and then condemn them utterly if they are on the Other Side.

So I can see why centrism would be so very confusing for you.

You Americans are cursed and have become a curse on the rest of the world. Burn it down already, get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 416August 6, 2019 4:55 PM

"Now governments of Venezuela and Uruguay both issued warnings about travel to the U.S."

Symbolic shade. People have nothing to eat in Venereala; how are they going to get on a plane, stowaway in the wheel compartment?

by Anonymousreply 417August 6, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]Not to excuse the piece of shit, but I just bet his mother is one of those infuriating, randomly invasive, controlling types (but controlling in a syrupy sweet way). So many of those, and a lot of damaged kids because of them, they seem to be especially harmful to sons.

Or maybe he had a distant or overbearing dad who set the example by treating other people, especially women, like shit and that’s where the son got it. Or maybe his parents were average people. But I guess anything to blame a woman, amiright dude?

[quote]Anymore info on the shooter? Were his online democratic leanings a hoax?

No, in this case they are not. He was a declared leftist, pro-antifa, and seemed to support Liz Warren. Here’s a link to CNN running the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418August 6, 2019 5:00 PM

It wasn't the sister's boyfriend. the other guy was supposed to be his best friend. The sister just came with them. Cops say it is weird that the friend was also on the killers hit list.

by Anonymousreply 419August 6, 2019 5:03 PM

r416 I assume you weren't American from the "you lot" comment, but you seemed so wrapped up in your "defiant centrist" persona that I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. And, you are also pretty arrogant and snide in your responses, so it wouldn't have surprised me if you watch a lot of British television and like to think you're "cultured" because you've picked up a few phrases.

The left and the right in the UK is NOT the same as the left and the right in the US. The Tories are bad but they are not Republicans. Saying you're a "defiant centrist" in an area where the politics are not the same, is ignorant and arrogant if you think your opinion is meaningful here.

You smugly mentioned Elizabeth Warren and "socialized medicare" (which is a bit redundant), which are right-wing talking points. If you were in the US, you would definitely be a Libertarian, which is where Republicans who don't care about the religious crap and who might be turned off by some of Trump's rhetoric migrate.

You smugly threw in a 1984 comment, showing that you've, I dunno, read a book.

You are not a centrist. You are a smug, patronizing troll who thinks he is informed, but really isn't. You should just accept your nature as an arrogant blowhard and just kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 420August 6, 2019 5:04 PM

r416's problem is thinking "centrism" is a fixed, immutable, globally agreed upon ideology. Otherwise the "centrist" would have mentioned his nation so all readers would understand a basis of comparison.

The US is closer now to fascism than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Rhetoricians know this and slyly suggest that the left is moving "too far to the left." But if there was such a thing as the US left, or given what you imagine the US left to be, do you truly have a basis of comparison likening it to another country's "left"? I couldn't truthfully assert that the Democratic Party of the US is the exact same as the New Democrat Party of Canada. If the 'US left', which some assert is powered by corporate bodies, is immutable, 'US centrists' and the 'US right-wing' would still move further away from it, as the US right-wing has become more fringe and extreme.

That's why I don't pay attention to posters here citing "the extreme left" of the US. I'd have to compare the "extreme left" to what's left-wing in my country, and as long as corporations are donating to the "extreme left," I'd conclude that "extreme left" is a dog-whistle for "I'm spewing bullshit!"

by Anonymousreply 421August 6, 2019 5:07 PM

The American lack of self-awareness is really an amazing thing.

You all have no idea there's a world outside your borders that often has its own problems, but in general is not so insular and solipsistic as you are.

No, I'm not British, I'm Canadian, and in general, I've voted Liberal, but not this coming election.

Why, you ask?

Because the Liberal Party here has been deeply infected with the leftist shit from the US. This is a recent development, until Trudeau they were a classic middle road, true liberal party. They no longer are. They will lose in October as a result, and continue to lose until they return to their proper place on the ideological spectrum: THE FUCKING CENTER, which they occupied with great success for decades.

It wasn't until Trudeau and company got severe brain damage in the form of a lot of nutjob activist rhetoric imported from the US that they found themselves in the trouble they are in now. They have failed on almost every level because of it, and the only reason anyone would vote for them now is the fact that they somehow think the Cons would be worse.

by Anonymousreply 422August 6, 2019 5:13 PM

Hahaha you're Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 423August 6, 2019 5:17 PM

Speaking of the Cons, they too have been infected somewhat, but to a lesser degree, by the shit flowing from the right end of the spectrum in the US. It's a testament to our relative sanity that they haven't gone full Trumpist populist -- because they know it will mean the end of them as a party.

by Anonymousreply 424August 6, 2019 5:19 PM

The El Paso shooter targeted Hispanics to help repel an "invasion" right-wingers say is overwhelming the country.

Only if I learn that the Dayton shooter was killing people to advance universal healthcare or ensure abortion rights will I believe he was a "leftist."

by Anonymousreply 425August 6, 2019 5:22 PM

It actually sounds like the Dayton shooter was a conflicted psycho more than anything else. The "mental illness" line actually may have some validity there.

The El Paso shooter left a somewhat well-written screed talking about his motivations for doing what he did. Of course he's going to get more attention since there is clear anger and motivation, especially because he killed a lot more people.

by Anonymousreply 426August 6, 2019 5:26 PM

It actually sounds like the Dayton shooter was a conflicted psycho more than anything else. The "mental illness" line actually may have some validity there.

The El Paso shooter left a somewhat well-written screed talking about his motivations for doing what he did. Of course he's going to get more attention since there is clear anger and motivation, especially because he killed a lot more people.

by Anonymousreply 427August 6, 2019 5:26 PM

The Dayton shooter was psychotic narcissist from a very young age. If you read accounts from even some of his friends and acquaintances they all talk about how messed up he was.

Whatever Political persuasion he belonged to had absolutely nothing to do with what he did.

by Anonymousreply 428August 6, 2019 5:30 PM

Rape is not about sex. Gun violence is not about politics. Violence/rage are emotional, mental health issues. That's why we need to keep guns from mentally ill people. aka a kid who gets suspended from school for hit and rape lists. (The guy is bonkers if he listed gun control next to his love for Eliz. Warren.)

by Anonymousreply 429August 6, 2019 5:31 PM

R422 just goes to show you, even Canadians have their Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 430August 6, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote] frau Mayor Nan giving yet another update to the press.

I like Mayor Nan Ohiowomyn! And I don't see her as frau-ish.

by Anonymousreply 431August 6, 2019 6:00 PM

Here' a link to a Washington Post video of a girlfriend/friend of the shooter. She tries to explain why no one did anything when he talked about the voices in his head that terrified him. Also she talks about how much he loved and admired his sister, whom he ended up killing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 6, 2019 6:02 PM

So it turns out that the only “left” mass shooter in recent memory may actually really be schizophrenic rather than angry.

by Anonymousreply 433August 6, 2019 6:06 PM

A new law of physics: no matter the stimulus, Americans will *always* return swiftly to a state of insane solipsistic self-destructiveness. America is a thought-free zone now.

by Anonymousreply 434August 6, 2019 6:10 PM

R431 She’s a raging frau, and don’t forget her constituents have GRIT.

by Anonymousreply 435August 6, 2019 6:42 PM

Dayton mayor on Trump: I'm not sure 'he knows what he believes'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 6, 2019 7:04 PM

what is the current information about this psycho? What did the parents say? Why did he kill his sister? They are say he keep a rape list, is this what incells do?

by Anonymousreply 437August 6, 2019 7:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 6, 2019 7:53 PM

The DM spins the shit out of it, though.

by Anonymousreply 439August 6, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote]They are say he keep a rape list, is this what incells do?

Oh fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 440August 6, 2019 8:09 PM

He wasn’t targeting Deplorables, he didn’t leave a manifesto decrying the fact that his beloved Ohio was turning red his actions had nothing to do with his politics.

by Anonymousreply 441August 6, 2019 8:16 PM

HuffPost:

Dayton Mayor Will Tell Trump 'How Unhelpful He's Been' On Guns During His Visit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 7, 2019 2:43 AM

Trump is not going to meet with adoring crowds in Texas or Ohio, unless it's completely staged. Hope the MSM concentrates on the backlash.

by Anonymousreply 443August 7, 2019 3:05 AM

Nan, you go!

It’s unclear what kind of reception Trump will get in Dayton. Mayor Nan Whaley said she will meet with him, but she made it clear she’s been disappointed with his response so far and said she won’t discourage protesters from making their voices heard.

“He’s made this bed, and he’s got to lie in it,” Whaley said. “His rhetoric has been painful for many in our community, and I think people should stand up and say that they’re not happy if they’re not happy that he’s coming.”

by Anonymousreply 444August 7, 2019 3:15 AM

Why does Muriel love and encourage the Spaz Troll and the Welp Troll?

by Anonymousreply 445August 7, 2019 3:30 AM

Trump won't meet with her except as a photo op, presuming he meets with her at all. I doubt she will get to ask him her question.

by Anonymousreply 446August 7, 2019 3:52 AM

It's too bad she played her hand. It would have been sweet to confront him and set an ambush in front of the national media to hear his response.

by Anonymousreply 447August 7, 2019 3:55 AM

She's saying it now because she doesn't expect him to meet with her publicly. So when he inevitably avoids her, she can say he was scared to face her. Of course Trump will mention the high crime rate or whatever of the city in return.

by Anonymousreply 448August 7, 2019 3:59 AM

Was going to say the same thing, r446.

He won’t meet with her regardless of how it looks.

by Anonymousreply 449August 7, 2019 11:56 AM

Trump wants to use this occasion to make himself look good before the election year. No doubt it was not his idea, and he really loathes the idea of appearing sympathetic. To not meet the mayor would look bad. However, he is supposed to meet the survivors or families. They should do the ambushing.

by Anonymousreply 450August 7, 2019 12:41 PM

I wish a surviving family member would read him to filth. Burn the fucker down to his fat face.

by Anonymousreply 451August 7, 2019 1:07 PM

Has to be on television.

by Anonymousreply 452August 7, 2019 1:26 PM

R451: Sadly, there’s always a few Trump supporters or MAGA freaks among the survivors and their family members when something like this happens. I’m sure Trump and his people would make sure to ferret one them out for the press and media.

by Anonymousreply 453August 7, 2019 1:26 PM

Dayton braces for "photo op."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 7, 2019 1:38 PM

It's good that the shooting happened when it did, since visiting El Paso and Dayton to fake concern won't interfere with Trump's golf weekend.

by Anonymousreply 455August 7, 2019 1:39 PM

Dumpty's Secrect Service will screen the bereaved before allowed them to be on-camera with Fat Asshole. No one who they think isn't going to play nice with him, will even have the opportunity to scowl at him, much less tell him off or spit in face.

And, if they can't find any family members who will act in an acceptable manner, 45 will make a speech about the tragedy, pretend he met with them all and make up conversations that never happened that fit the narrative he wants to push.

by Anonymousreply 456August 7, 2019 2:14 PM

Which is why someone needs to pretend to be a supporter, then ask the question in a sincere, non-hysterical and confrontational manner. That person will get huge empathy from the people.

by Anonymousreply 457August 7, 2019 2:23 PM

He will only meet with Republican reps, and then lie through his teeth about "all these beautiful people, patriotic people, who came up to him and thanked him for being there and for caring. He'll also fit something in there about how "Donald Trump has done more for the good people of El Paso than any other leader since Ghandi." Well maybe not Ghandi; he wasn't 'white'. So maybe Lincoln. We can only pray that the real God has been practicing smiting......

by Anonymousreply 458August 7, 2019 2:37 PM

He will talk about his crowd sizes, insult Beto and Antifa and Elizabeth Warren, then pretend to care about people's tragic stories.

by Anonymousreply 459August 7, 2019 4:26 PM

Reuters:

Trump visits Ohio city after mass shooting that shocked country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 7, 2019 6:50 PM

Dayton Daily News:

Mayor Whaley ‘confused’ by Trump's tweet about how she described his visit to Dayton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461August 8, 2019 3:45 PM

She sure looks happy to see him at r460.

by Anonymousreply 462August 8, 2019 4:48 PM

He's grabbing her pussy with the other hand, r462

by Anonymousreply 463August 8, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]Dayton braces for "photo op."

Couldn’t be worse than ours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 9, 2019 8:48 PM

AP:

Prosecutors say Ohio shooter's friend bought him armor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 12, 2019 6:27 PM

Why is the Senate minority leader trying to put restrictions on BODY armor? That's retarded.

Guns, I can understand. But protection from guns? Fuck that shit.

I know he's doing it to try to appear to do SOMETHING but that isn't cool.

by Anonymousreply 466August 12, 2019 6:29 PM

Cincinnati.com:

Dayton shooting: Feds say friend of Betts bought gun parts for him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 12, 2019 10:59 PM

Dayton Daily News:

Dayton shooter hid gun, ammo from parents, new documents allege

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 13, 2019 2:20 PM

So his his sister was Trans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469August 13, 2019 3:08 PM

Yes and all the trans are up in arms over her being deadnamed and misgendered as if anyone actually knew and that is her biggest problem, aside from being dead. Also they think it makes the crime EVEN WORSE because, you know, killing 9 people whatever, but if one of them was TRANS?!!?! Dear lord in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 470August 13, 2019 3:11 PM

CNN:

Dayton gunman was very familiar with mass shooting site and visited the night before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 13, 2019 11:27 PM

USA Today:

Dayton shooting: Video shows shooter's path. Sister among first shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 14, 2019 2:52 PM

Apparently so, r469.

But it appears that he didn't know, she was only out to a few very close friends.

by Anonymousreply 473August 15, 2019 12:47 AM

Friend of Oregon District shooter to remain behind bars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474August 15, 2019 10:37 PM

AP:

The Latest: Coroner: Dayton shooter had drugs in his system

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475August 15, 2019 10:46 PM

AP:

Sealed records on Dayton gunman pit safety against privacy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 16, 2019 1:59 PM

Dayton Daily News:

Dayton mayor provided security detail after Trump comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477August 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Southern Ohio yahoos still haven't learned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2019 8:59 PM

Million dollar question, did he target his sibling intentionally or not?

by Anonymousreply 479August 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Fox news and trump blaming video games is insane. What are these kiddos supposed to do? Most of them can't go play outside! In my state, you have to be 14 to be outside unaccompanied . If your kid has emotional issues, parents should use discretion. But as far as keeping kids away from gaming? It's not going to happen. Kids who arent playing video games are feeling isolated from the rest of the kids. They are all doing it. We are in the future now.

by Anonymousreply 480August 22, 2019 12:16 AM

R478, that's right across the river from KY, so it's really not much of a surprise. Big parts of this state are just flat WV.

by Anonymousreply 481August 22, 2019 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!