Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I hate my coworker Eric

I call him Kamikaze because if the bosses told him to go on a suicide attack for corporate, he would.

He is a Yes man who is all about the company and kisses ass.

What possesses people like this?

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2019 11:38 AM

He wants to get ahead. Probably will.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2019 1:48 AM

Not enough specific details to form an opinin yet.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2019 1:49 AM

A typically asskisser, OP. There are lots of them everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2019 1:50 AM

I feel the same way about my co-worker Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2019 1:55 AM

He never takes breaks, doesn't use vacation days, just a total suck up. He actually cares about this company which does not care about him or any of the employees.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2019 1:57 AM

He will figure out eventually his company doesn’t care about him...and that’s when the shooting spree will begin.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2019 2:03 AM

Know any hackers? Have them hack into corp and send him an email to kill himself and see how dedicated he really is.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2019 2:06 AM

R7, watch yourself. You have issues

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2019 2:27 AM

The hate doesn't run that deep R7.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2019 2:38 AM

Kill it with grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2019 2:40 AM

The capitalist world depends on those people. It called “ambition” to climb the corporate ladder. May be successful but sacrifices self and own happiness to money.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2019 2:44 AM

They have no self respect. My ex boss was like this.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2019 2:45 AM

Eric needs a friend.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2019 2:46 AM

Ugh, money sounds great to me.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2019 2:48 AM

Well, he's not as jaded as you. There is something to be said for working with positive and motivated people. It gets noticed.

Believe it or not, I know of several straight men whose girlfriends said they would never marry them or be with them much longer unless they made more money. One of my friend's wives quit working once she got 3 months pregnant and said - "well, you need to make more money. Make it happen cuz I'm not working anymore". And HE DID.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2019 2:49 AM

Invite Eric home for a slumber party. You will e happy you did.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2019 3:14 AM

What's the difference between an ass kisser and a brown noser ?

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2019 4:00 AM

We should introduce your co-worker Eric to our friend Julie.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2019 4:05 AM

OP, maybe give him the benefit of the doubt? It's possible he has a difficult situation at home and is fearful of losing his job, so he over-compensates. I've experienced a few coworkers like this in my time.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2019 5:13 AM

It's because he has no self esteem and likes to be praised at work because it's the only place he probably feels "appreciated" even if he's being used like a tool.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2019 5:26 AM

R17 An ass-kisser smells the shit and maintains a professional distance. A brown-noser is nose-blind and therefore doesn't know when to stop and inserts said cartridge into the anal cavity of the boss. Surgical removal may be required.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2019 5:35 AM

My ex-boyfriend's name is Eric. It's probably the same guy. I HATE HIM TOO.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2019 5:42 AM

I feel sorry for the type Eric is. People like him appear to convince themselves that they provide something to the company nobody else can. But honey, NOBODY is indispensable. You're just a lil cog like the rest of us, no matter who you are.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2019 7:20 AM

So has this Eric done anything to undermine or hurt you, OP, or are you just salty because he has more of a work ethic than you do?

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2019 7:30 AM

Does his last name start with a T? And end with a rump?

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2019 7:46 AM

Welcome to corporate America OP, there is an endless supply of guys like Eric no matter where you go or how far up the ladder you get.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2019 7:47 AM

I have liked, and gotten along, with most Erics I have known. Kevins, OTOH, no, those are crazy motherfuckers who hate me, or whom I loathe. I did meet a sane Kevin (I think) lately, and I don't know what to do about it. Fortunately, he's not a romantic Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2019 8:22 AM

I’m sure his life is a total mess outside of work.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2019 8:25 AM

Wait for the nervous breakdown, OP.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2019 4:08 PM

Mine or his, R29? It's a big company but I'm sort of stuck with him in our department.

He tends to tattle and try to take credit for things and always has an excuse when he makes a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2019 12:31 AM

It’s best to let Alexandretta, Hambleton, and Wee Albet handle this, OP.

by Anonymousreply 31August 2, 2019 12:36 AM

People who climb really midway up the corporate ladder are usually awful, unimaginative and jerky. The people who usually rise to the top are interesting, smart and innovative thinkers. The people who rise to the very top are usually charming sociopaths.

Eric sounds like the mid level kind. People can tell he’s a kissass. They just love the fact that he’s killing himself for them.

by Anonymousreply 32August 2, 2019 12:54 AM

Hating the Erics of the world, or in this case this Eric, isn't doing you a bit of good. I hope this thread was cathartic otherwise obsessing over how much you cant stand him is just going to drain your energy. The less you feed your disdain the less you'll be bothered.

Or, find out a whatever benign shit gets at him and needle away.

The roads your choice, high or low?

by Anonymousreply 33August 2, 2019 1:28 AM

I am reading this thread right next to Eric. I kinda hope he peeks over and reads the thread title!

by Anonymousreply 34August 2, 2019 1:31 PM

I hate people who always have an excuse. They tend to be the type that believes that they can do no wrong and never, ever truly apologizes for anything.

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2019 2:50 PM

People who have this blind loyalty to a company are so naive. The company doesn't give a fuck about you.

by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2019 2:57 PM

I hate you too.

by Anonymousreply 37August 2, 2019 8:49 PM

OP, I had a guy who kept stealing my ideas by restating what I proffered in his own words. Eventually, I had to start passive-aggressively joking immediately after every time he did. That's the only way he would stop. I really channelled AnnE Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2019 10:45 AM

The Company tends to hold Company Men in mild contempt. But they still get promoted.

by Anonymousreply 39August 22, 2019 7:22 PM

OP= Ivanka

by Anonymousreply 40August 22, 2019 8:47 PM

OP, ,Ixnay on Eric! I'm pretty sure he killed Ginny in Billing when she complained about him

by Anonymousreply 41August 22, 2019 9:08 PM

Well, OP, I hate my best friend Julie. She is such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 42August 22, 2019 9:09 PM

He very likes has no life outside the office, those types ARE the worst. He'd probably donate a kidney for his boss too.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2019 2:34 AM

Eric's a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2019 1:50 PM

There is an Eric in every workplace.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2019 1:56 PM

I hate my coworker Vlad. Never trust a Serb.

by Anonymousreply 46September 3, 2019 8:55 PM

[quote]r5 He never takes breaks, doesn't use vacation days, just a total suck up. He actually cares about this company which does not care about him or any of the employees.

Yet they write his checks.

That's what an employer's supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 47September 3, 2019 9:07 PM

Can we all agree that Eric is a worhless cunt?

by Anonymousreply 48September 3, 2019 9:13 PM

Rather, I'd call him an exemplary employee.

by Anonymousreply 49September 3, 2019 10:04 PM

Only work hard for yourself. As previous poster said, no one is indispensable. I put up with a sociopath (literally) only to be laid off after 19 years. Moved on, got another job.

by Anonymousreply 50September 3, 2019 10:21 PM

Every Eric I have worked with is on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 51September 8, 2019 10:15 AM

Sounds exactly like Steve.

I fucking hate Steve.

Steve is fucking evil twat.

Have you ever met a decent Steve?

by Anonymousreply 52September 8, 2019 10:25 AM

He's beautiful, isn't he, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 8, 2019 10:46 AM

I used to be like Eric, a million years ago when I was 20. I really wanted to work my way to a better position. And because my mother was a demanding person, I was a people pleaser. Came in early, stayed late, created new duties for myself, hoping to show them how dedicated I was, etc. I cringe now.

Eventually I learned my lesson.

If Eric is young, there’s a good chance he’ll be abused and exploited and that’s punishment enough. If he’s older, feel free to be scornful.

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2019 11:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!