Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

General thread about Y & R, to talk about the day's episode, cast changes, spoilers

Rey dumped Sharon today. Billy Miller is returning to play Billy Abbott again. What else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 13, 2019 7:59 AM

Good luck in your endeavour, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2019 8:17 AM

That doesn't seem very likely, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2019 9:36 AM

Is Tracy still sitting AROUND the house?

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2019 2:30 AM

Jason Thompson is pretty no doubt but Billy Miller actually has joie de vivre, great actor, and amazing actor.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2019 7:33 PM

^meant to say great body, and amazing actor.

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2019 7:56 PM

Really? He's awful on GH, and I don't remember him being that amazing when he was previously on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2019 5:02 AM

It's a shitshow. The only reason to tune in is to hatewatch and to enjoy watching a ship sinking.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2019 5:31 AM

R6 says you, cunt. Go cunt somewhere else. Team Miller all the way.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Billy Miller is an obnoxious drunk.

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2019 5:45 AM

Also, Frank the GH showrunner is a long time buddy. Billy (what 40 year old calls himself “Billy?”) was written out premised on unacceptable behavior. Beyond the pale shit. If someone else hires him, it will be a miracle. The drunk hot guy act has worn thin.

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2019 6:15 AM

What is wrong with the other thread?

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2019 6:16 AM

R11 Muriel needs 💵💵 for that thread.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2019 6:21 AM

I think it's because only subscribers can post r11 as it's part of a series of continuing threads.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2019 6:23 AM

Then subscribe. It's just $2 a month. Support the site.

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2019 6:25 AM

R11 that thread is for members only. Keep up, twat for brains.

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2019 6:26 AM

Billy Miller had his last day on GH. Any news about when his first day on Y & R is?

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2019 8:34 PM

Billy's nervous breakdown is the writer's way of getting rid of him. They will send him away then he will come back as Billy Miller.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2019 4:41 AM

Billy, the Staff. They will not save the show.

It's time is coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2019 6:12 AM

One character I fucking loathe, and truthfully I loathe most of the characters, but Nick Newman is the most useless character. Is there anything interesting about him AT ALL. He has no personality. Just a worthless badly written character. Now he is all gaga over that Chelsea cunt. What next for him. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2019 8:41 PM

Josh Morrow is good looking, which is why he has lasted this long r19. But Nick is a terrible character. He has had little growth during his time on the show. They really don't know what to do with him now. Nick + Chelsea = ZZZZZzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2019 11:03 PM

I have just never liked him going back to when he first started. He is not completely comatose and boring like Jason Thompson's Billy but I hate Nick more. They need to have more good actors with star quality like Stafford and Grossman. These are the only two characters on right now who don't make me vomit. Rey and Lola and their mother are the worst family in soap opera history for being so fucking boring and irritating. The way Lola talks makes me bust a fucking vein.

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2019 11:12 PM

Today's episode with Adam and Nick arguing like they were in a Shakespearean play was just lame. Nick has no personality or gravitas to pull it off. Adam was awesome as always.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2019 5:26 AM

R5, Billy Miller has a great body???

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2019 6:25 AM

The best actor on daytime television these days is the little boy playing Douglas on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2019 6:27 AM

I wanna suck on Billy Miller's titties.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2019 2:42 AM

I have the last 11 episodes on my dvr. Do I need to watch or can I just delete them and start over tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2019 11:05 PM

R26 there’s some watchable stuff. Adam and Phyllis specifically and the custody hearing. I’d fast forward through them and pick out what you like.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2019 11:21 PM

Jesus, finally Adam bangs Sharon's sluthole today. Good setup.

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2019 12:11 AM

Sharon's a tramp!!

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2019 3:30 AM

How passionate can they get when Adam has two fresh cuts on his face?

by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2019 4:24 AM

If Sharon was on the rag they could combine all their blood in a sexy soup.

by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2019 4:39 AM

Jason Thompson is the WORST actor on the show. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2019 5:07 PM

And I hate when he wears white tennis shoes with a jacket and slacks.

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2019 3:23 AM

R33 He seems to only have one or two "outfits" if you can call it that. He has no style. No acting ability whatsoever. He is what happens when pretty but brainless supermodels open their mouths. Billy Miller cannot take over soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2019 4:54 AM

I hope Billy Miller never comes back. Billy the Horse's Ass just isn't who the character is any longer, and that is the extent of Miller's range. I had no idea Billy Abbott could ever be a character one could care about instead of just laugh at, but Jason Thompson has made him into just that.

I do not want him to kill Adam, however. I want it to be the Adam Newman show every single day. Or the Mark Grossman show, at least. I felt cheated that we didn't open on him and Sharon in bed today.

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2019 5:37 AM

Why did the writers deny us a complete Sharon/Adam lovemaking scene?

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2019 5:49 AM

r36 So that Sharon and Rey could surprise each other with their respective presences chez Adam. If Rey had arrived while Sharon and Adam were in bed, she would have been able to hide. I felt cheated, too, but I understood the reason why when Sharon appeared in the scene.

This will hardly have been their only sex scene. She knows he's right.

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2019 6:05 AM

Adam could at least have come to the door with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2019 11:14 AM

Adam should always have his shirt off. Kyle and his horrid wretch of a girl Lola and Theo should always have their head in a guillotine. Fuck I hate those wretches.

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2019 10:33 PM

I don't mind Kyle and Lola. Theo needs to die. And WTF is going on with Abby? Is she always this much of a cunt? She so deserved getting ice water thrown on her. Go, Summer.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2019 11:13 PM

Most of the young cast care boring and annoying as fuck. Does anyone over 30 really give a fuck what these twats think? Doubt it. They need to cull at least 30% of the cast and start creating characters viewers want to watch. The guy who plays Kyle no doubt is pretty but he cannot act at all. He is not nearly as awful as Jason Thompson but there is nothing interesting about him. Especially his trashy annoying latina cuntbag who over enunciates every word.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2019 12:28 AM

Jason Thompson's Billy is wonderful. Mariah is a delight. I can live without Summer, JaBottom, and Abby. Theo needs to go. He annoys me, and the actor is not even good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2019 12:30 AM

Based on how horrible and decrepit Eric Braeden looks these days, I predict he will be tits up by this time next year. Dude looks like death and he ain't coming back. He will have a heart attack, giant stroke, or cerebral hemmorhage. Something vascular. He is practically dead already. A good metaphor for Y n R these last few years.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2019 12:36 AM

I've hated Eric Braeden for years but the last year or so he's really grown on me. He's great on Twitter. I always assumed he was hardcore conservative but he's tweeted and retweeted several anti-Trump posts. He's also very complimentary about his co-stars and was one of the few to fiercely defend Beth Maitland re: comments about her body from the insane Lane fans.

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Eric Braeden has never been a conservative AFAIK.

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote] Does anyone over 30 really give a fuck what these twats think?

Let's be honest. How many viewers under 30 does this show have? A dozen?

by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2019 1:49 AM

Victor may eat the show in annoying ways, but Hans is an excellent human being who is entertaining AF on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2019 1:50 AM

I always assumed he was for some reason r45. His Trump rants are pretty funny. I always read them in Victor Newman's voice and they're even funnier.

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2019 1:51 AM

Well I'll be damned, r48.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2019 1:57 AM

EB hates leaf blowers and brought one to a City Council meeting to make his point, at around the 3:15 mark, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2019 2:21 AM

R43, If he has a stroke, they'll probably incorporate it into his storyline.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2019 2:44 AM

They are so desperate for ratings they would wheel in his corpse and just talk around him.

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2019 2:48 AM

Jack is flying to Florida to retrieve Mama Celeste for the wedding.

Not only is Theo annoying, he always looks like he hasn't showered in days.

So, the big reveal is that Kyle and Theo tag teamed a 17 year old in New York and had to pay off her father after she nearly died?

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2019 2:50 AM

R52 when they do that, I will be very happy. So ducking happy.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2019 3:06 AM

Ain’t gonna happen r52

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2019 3:43 AM

I just discovered in the other Y&R thread that Summer is the one whose tit Tit Grabber grabbed, and I was like, "[italic]really, her?[/italic] Lose your job over [italic]that?[/italic] " He should have aimed higher.

The world of the straight actor...

by Anonymousreply 56August 10, 2019 7:41 PM

This story about Adam getting his two puky kids back bores me to fucking tears. As others have mentioned, no one gives a fuck about the storyline if these kids are so fucking boring and awful actors. Christian especially is fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2019 8:02 AM

I don't mind Connor as much as Christian. Connor at least looks as if he could be related to Adam. I know this is vague, but there's something about the shape of their heads. Christian looks more like Nick than anyone else, and, well, he shouldn't, if the story we've been told about his parentage is true. Of course, it IS a soap.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2019 8:09 AM

Adam needs to kill Chelsea and Nick. Then I'd be happy.

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2019 8:12 AM

A piece of furniture is more interesting than Joshua Morrow. He truly is one of the worst characters and actors on the show. And whoever that cunt is who plays Chelsea is on contract for two years. So the revolting boring whore can bore us for two fucking years.

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2019 8:21 AM

I once typed "Kadam" on Mark Grossman's IG page. He liked it. Sent me back a heart, whatever you call that.

by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2019 8:27 AM

R60 Morrow has improved over the years, but I imagine if they would’ve recast his role a decade or so ago with a more dynamic actor, Nick might’ve been more tolerable. And contracts mean nothing. An actor can be let go in the middle of one as long as it’s the end of a cycle. I think it’s every 11 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 62August 12, 2019 7:51 PM

I don't mind Josh Morrow or Nick Newman, except if either of them voted Returdlican.

by Anonymousreply 63August 12, 2019 7:52 PM

There is just something very compelling about Mark Grossman. I love to watch him and don't mind that he's on 4 days a week. I see the story as the bastard son, hates the golden boy legitimate son and wants him to suffer. It's a good story, but they're just being too heavy handed. It's also clear that Adam is Victor's favorite, but Adam can't see it because he hates Nicholas so much.

Chelsea is the only weak link for me. That character didn't need to come back.

by Anonymousreply 64August 12, 2019 8:02 PM

I like Mark Grossman equally, r64. I wish he were on every day. He makes me sing "The Way You Do the Things You Do" to myself. I just love his presence onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 65August 12, 2019 8:04 PM

R64 How is it clear that Adam is Victor's favorite? I have never heard that before. I loved where Adam mentioned his father's illness to his face and joked about how V. would not be around much longer.

by Anonymousreply 66August 12, 2019 8:09 PM

R66, I should have written, "It's also clear to me that Adam is Victor's favorite..."

Adam is truly Victor Jr. Victor sees himself in Adam and knows that Adam is the smartest and strongest of all of his kids. He wants Adam in the chair, not Victoria, but Adam keeps fucking it up.

by Anonymousreply 67August 12, 2019 8:15 PM

[quote]He wants Adam in the chair

Victor said this to Adam just last week.

by Anonymousreply 68August 12, 2019 8:22 PM

I cannot wait for EB to pass on next year. Then Grossman can be the badass for a few decades. EB is a broken old geezer who can barely walk to his car. He needs to be six feet under.

by Anonymousreply 69August 12, 2019 9:24 PM

Who gives a fuck about Chelsea? She's so boring.

At least Sharon and Phyllis are sexy and fun. Chelsea has no sex appeal. It's like fucking a board.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2019 4:04 AM

Phyllis is neither sexy nor fun. And she has the worst wardrobe. I hate all that asymmetrical, cutout crap. Hate it. And that pink dressing gown she wore today didn't even look good colorwise. I wish they'd spent their Phyllis money on keeping Kevin instead.

Chelsea doesn't bother me one way or the other. I guess "Connor's mother" has to stick around for a while. Unlike most of you, I like the kid who plays Connor, partly because he looks as if he could be related to Mark Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2019 6:53 AM

R71 thanks for sharing your moronic opinions. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2019 7:05 AM

R72 Really. R71 Kevvy outlived usefulness a long time ago. Can’t stand Rikaart. Loved seeing Adam blackmail him though this time around.

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2019 12:19 PM

Is the Kevin character gone for good?

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2019 12:31 PM

Has the role of Adrian Rosales been cast?

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2019 12:32 PM

Thankfully, r73, I don't have to use your brain for thinking, nor your fingers for opining online. I just love that little Rikaart minx, and I too adored watching Adam stick it to him at every turn. And except for the district attorney business, I didn't see why they had to replace Kevin with Michael in the ongoing war with Adam. I was so hoping for Kadam.

I read somewhere, r74, that Greg Rikaart has been back to shoot more episodes. I hope it's true.

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2019 1:22 PM

terrible thread title

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2019 1:25 PM

Plus the space on either side of the ampersand, r72.

by Anonymousreply 78August 13, 2019 1:51 PM

R78, Unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 79August 13, 2019 4:06 PM

Grammar nazis need to go fuck themselves. Everyone hates you cunts.

by Anonymousreply 80August 13, 2019 7:09 PM

I don't hate grammar Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 81August 13, 2019 7:46 PM

Takes one to know one, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 82August 13, 2019 7:48 PM

Mark Grossman knocked it out of the park today. And I loved the way they framed the scene with the portrait of Victor in the background. You can clearly see how much Grossman looks like a young Victor.

by Anonymousreply 83August 15, 2019 1:53 AM

They are not related so who cares if they look alike. They are actors, not real family.

by Anonymousreply 84August 15, 2019 3:03 AM

So, a 17 year old girl who said she was 22 drank to excess at a party thrown by Kyle and Theo and they brought her to the ER and left her there. Her father threatened to cause trouble for them, so Kyle gave him $100K.

That's it? I was expecting much worse.

by Anonymousreply 85August 15, 2019 3:29 AM

R83, Their scenes were riveting.

by Anonymousreply 86August 15, 2019 3:30 AM

Can't wait for Muhney's return!

by Anonymousreply 87August 15, 2019 3:33 AM

[quote]They are not related so who cares if they look alike.

I do. I do.

by Anonymousreply 88August 15, 2019 4:48 AM

That's the big secret? They should have at least thrown in an Eiffel Tower and some molly to spice it up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2019 5:48 PM

Can someone let us know if Adam is on today's (Fri., 8/16/19) US show? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 90August 16, 2019 4:36 PM

R90 No he is not. Just the revolting Kyle-Lola wedding.

by Anonymousreply 91August 16, 2019 5:36 PM

No rush to watch then. Thanks, r91.

by Anonymousreply 92August 16, 2019 8:00 PM

The fact this show has maybe five sets and each cost about a hundred bucks is another reason not to watch. The sets and the clothes are extremely ghetto. The blackish guy is supposed to be a billionaire yet his clothes look like they were on sale for a hundred bucks at Moore's? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2019 8:08 PM

NuAdam meets OldAdam, ain't that cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2019 12:41 AM

I'm glad we have new Adam. Sharon, just shut up and give in. You know this is the dick you want.

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]Can't wait for Muhney's return!

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2019 12:44 AM

Michael Mealor (Kyle), the cunt who plays Lola, the cunt who plays Theo, and Jason Thompson have to be some of the worst actors I have ever seen in my life. Years ago I used to watch Another World and 80% of their actors never sucked ass like the horrid non-actors on Y&R these days. Sure some of them on Another World had zero acting training but at least they had loads of veterans to give them tips. Y&R is focusing on all these Millennial turds and most of them are as much fun as a fucking heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2019 2:39 AM

R97 Back in those days the soaps all had acting coaches come in to help the actors. Also, they had more rehearsal time to work on their scenes. These days they are all on their own because they rehearse very little and usually only have one take.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2019 3:11 AM

The only one of them I really don't like is Theo, r98. I love Jason Thompson, and have taken to the Kyle and Lola actors, who are secondary players to me. But Theo, well, I don't understand why he wants to fuck Kyle's life up the way he is. As many have posited previously, he's acting like a jilted boyfriend, though there is zero evidence he wants, or has ever had, a taste of Kyle's dong. I don't get him at all. And the actor is so physically offputting. I will not miss him when he goes, which I hope is soon.

I felt so sorry for Summer yesterday. I've been where she is, although I didn't go to the wedding (well, there wasn't a wedding, per se, but you know what I mean).

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2019 6:37 AM

How long before we find Phyllis in bed with Theo?

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2019 8:01 AM

R99, Theo's in swim trunks on today's show, for your displeasure.

by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2019 12:06 PM

I wish more people wanted to kill Theo. Then we could have "Who killed Theo?" As an alternative, I would happily accept his simply walking backwards up a set of stairs, never to be heard from or spoken of again.

by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2019 1:07 PM

[quote]I don't understand why he wants to fuck Kyle's life up the way he is.

My take. He's feeling left behind. Kyle has moved on and Theo wasn't ready for him to move on. It's basically if you won't be with me and be like me, then I will fuck your new life up. In Theo's head if he fucks up Kyle's life. Kyle will return to be the Kyle that Theo wants him to be.

I've seen this scenario play out in real life multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2019 1:24 PM

[quote]Adam shares shocking news with Sharon; Lauren questions Michael's decision-making.

Today, we return to normal: The Adam Show, which Y&R should be every day.

by Anonymousreply 104August 20, 2019 4:14 PM

What will Sharon say to Adam's marriage proposal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 21, 2019 2:23 AM

Some observations

I mean...Sharon has fucked all of the Newman men including Victor AND also jack. Why is everyone so run through on these soaps? Is she also going to get with Ray's father?

Theo looks like an International Male model from 1986. NOT good.

It's been what...10 years since Deliah was run over? I think that the sponge is dry.

l love me some Stafford. FUCK all of y'all.

by Anonymousreply 106August 22, 2019 9:44 AM

R106 I love Staff too. I respect Gina as a good actress, but Staff IS Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 107August 22, 2019 11:53 AM

Team Stafford all the way. Gina was a cunt and horrible actress.

by Anonymousreply 108August 23, 2019 3:28 AM

r108 = The Staff's dried up Sciento pussy.

by Anonymousreply 109August 23, 2019 4:59 AM

All religions suck cunt. Her cult is no different. She has charisma. Star power. Acting ability. Cunt Gina has zilch, nada, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 110August 23, 2019 6:01 AM

So is the billy has a split personality rumor true?

by Anonymousreply 111August 23, 2019 9:52 AM

I have to agree. Gina was a fine actress, but she just wasn't Phyllis. She was great in that scene with Victor yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 112August 23, 2019 12:51 PM

Today's epi was great. Seeing Adam taking on the whole fam. Phyllis teaming up with Adam.

by Anonymousreply 113August 24, 2019 3:26 AM

R113, It's the second time Phyllis has teamed up with Adam in about a month.

Does anyone think Stafford is urging the writers to have Adam plow Phyllis?

Or, Theo plow Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 114August 24, 2019 5:17 AM

Only someone as self-destructive as Phyllis would “plow” Theo. Ask me. I know.

by Anonymousreply 115August 24, 2019 6:25 AM

Y & R lost 700k viewers compared to a year ago. Jesus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 25, 2019 4:55 PM

Do we know if that ratings article is just talking Nielsen ratings/live viewing? Factoring in app audiences, on demand, etc?

by Anonymousreply 117August 25, 2019 6:21 PM

Call the reporter and ask.

by Anonymousreply 118August 25, 2019 9:58 PM

If Devon was a white character, the show would have jettisoned him long ago. But Y&R keeps him on despite the character NEVER being interesting. Show likely doesn't want backlash and charges of racism that would result from letting Bryton go and writing off Devon. After all, the show is popular with black viewers.

by Anonymousreply 119August 25, 2019 10:02 PM

R117, I'm not sure what article you are talking about, but one that many people follow is posted at Soap Opera Network. They post live+same day ratings. Other sources of viewing are not included.

by Anonymousreply 120August 26, 2019 3:32 AM

So chewing gum is the ultimate sign of DID? Yikes. Scary shit. Billy is terrifying. His gum chewing will make ya poop your pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 27, 2019 6:35 PM

Well, his hair is too short to give it a good toss.

by Anonymousreply 122August 27, 2019 6:51 PM

Maybe he could wear a gabigail wig like on days of our lives.

by Anonymousreply 123August 27, 2019 6:54 PM

I could not hate Jason Thompson more than I do. He is just the worst actor and everything he does fucking pisses me off. An emotionless mannequin does not do it for me. And the gum chewing! Fuck. Why exactly would that Chloe cunt kill herself to save Adam?

by Anonymousreply 124August 29, 2019 12:57 AM

Does Billy's alter have a name besides "Chewing Gum Billy" ??

I remember he used to go by the name "Liam" something when he was out carousing in Los Angeles which is what B&B's Scamber supposedly knew him by.

And if he's plotting Adam's first degree murder by vehicle, shouldn't he have stolen a car or something?

by Anonymousreply 125August 29, 2019 2:44 AM

Maybe he can be doublemint billy?

by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2019 2:47 AM

Or "Bazooka Billy".

by Anonymousreply 127August 29, 2019 6:06 AM

Speaking of chewing gum, did anyone else notice that Goddard had a wad of gum in his mouth when he posted that really strange video on his social media a couple weeks ago?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 29, 2019 6:23 AM

Cane's lack of screen time has also cost us Traci, except for a couple of brief cameo appearances at the shower/wedding.

by Anonymousreply 129August 29, 2019 6:46 AM

Instead of flirting with Sharon, they could have had sketchy Papa Rosales sniffing around Traci at the wedding reception. And yes, they would have needed a different and better actor in the role.

by Anonymousreply 130August 29, 2019 7:20 PM

That papi Rosales was the worst actor. Not nearly as bad or gross as Jason Thompson but really bad.

by Anonymousreply 131August 30, 2019 3:55 AM

I love Jason Thompson. He has elevated the character of Billy Abbott to the point where the character is watchable. Not the highest bar, perhaps, but the highest its ever been. Adam was magnificent yesterday. I so want him and Kevin to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 132August 30, 2019 4:41 AM

R132, Adam is even better on Friday's show, another heated go round with Pops.

by Anonymousreply 133August 30, 2019 4:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 30, 2019 5:19 AM

R134, Perennial gay face.

by Anonymousreply 135August 30, 2019 5:36 AM

Billy off to rehab. I pray that means Billy Miller is back?

by Anonymousreply 136August 30, 2019 11:41 PM

If they’re gonna do a split personality storyline, they should have Miller play one of the personalities and Thompson the other.

by Anonymousreply 137August 30, 2019 11:45 PM

Yeah, r137. That makes a lot of sense, i.e., none at all.

by Anonymousreply 138August 30, 2019 11:47 PM

R138 GH did that with Billy Miller as Jason then he became Drew. Fucking lame. Horrible writing.

by Anonymousreply 139August 30, 2019 11:51 PM

Why stop at two, R137?

Let's have Billy split into six personalities, and the other four can be played by David Tom, Ryan Brown, Scott Seymour, and Burgess Jenkins.

They could whip out their dicks and have a pissing contest.

by Anonymousreply 140August 31, 2019 12:09 AM

Does anyone need or want to revisit this horrid storyline? I want a million spikes to Jason Thompson's head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 1, 2019 5:16 PM

And I want a million spikes to your typing fingers, r141. But we don't always get what we want.

by Anonymousreply 142September 1, 2019 5:26 PM

R142 Repeating others words, retard. Learn how to insult people.

by Anonymousreply 143September 1, 2019 5:31 PM

Better get used to the Delia rehash. Josh Griffith just did an interview with CBS-SID where he said he thinks his Billy-Adam-Delia yarn has been his best-est storyline ever. It's even got it's own "book" title.

[quote] In Depth: Final question — the late Harding Lemay wrote an amazing book about his headwriting experiences, Eight Years In Another World. If you were going to write about your time writing for daytime, what would you call the resulting book?

[quote] Griffith: "A Curve In The Road," because (a) it was the name I gave the story of Delia’s death by Adam’s hit-and-run, possibly the most successful one I’ve written, and (b) my daytime career has, in many ways, been a journey along a road with many curves and surprises around each one.

by Anonymousreply 144September 1, 2019 8:19 PM

I'm loving it, r144. Best Y&R storyline since "Brad, the Jewish Art Heist Adventurer."

by Anonymousreply 145September 1, 2019 8:59 PM

R144, I'm already bored to distraction with it.

by Anonymousreply 146September 1, 2019 9:02 PM

Good, r146. Go.

by Anonymousreply 147September 1, 2019 9:03 PM

R144, He should devote as much attention to the discrepancies in Katherine's will storyline.

by Anonymousreply 148September 1, 2019 9:03 PM

I'm sure I speak for all of us, r148, when I agree that yes, we surely can't wait to take time away from Adam and spend it on Duh-von.

by Anonymousreply 149September 1, 2019 9:19 PM

R148 Griffith's the one who wrote Katherine's original will back in 2013, so seeing how DULL it panned out with boring Duh-von, this new story should probably be looked upon as his own necessary DO-OVER.

If the person who's contesting Kay's turns out to be NuChance, and we get a hot, young actor in the role, along with renewed emphasis on Chancellor, then more power to him.

by Anonymousreply 150September 1, 2019 9:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 1, 2019 9:44 PM

R149, Not just Devon, you moron. The possibilities of alternate heirs would make a most interesting storyline. Watching Jason Thompson chew gum and perspire day after day is beyond boring.

by Anonymousreply 152September 1, 2019 10:16 PM

Better than watching Devon, r152. You and your alternate heirs can have it.

by Anonymousreply 153September 1, 2019 10:17 PM

R144 Griffith's next BIG storyline should be called "A Curve in the Cock," where we learn exactly what JaBottom and Theo got up to in New York.

by Anonymousreply 154September 1, 2019 11:16 PM

I’m so glad to see that Victoria got her front door back. It was strange when everyone entered from the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 155September 2, 2019 3:24 AM

And just the other day, r155, someone mentioned that Nick lives in a mansion. I thought it was an apartment, in a building called The Underground. I hope we'll see some other exposures. Nick is a central enough character he could put an eavesdropping porch to great use.

by Anonymousreply 156September 2, 2019 2:43 PM

That is hilarious. Every set on this series is some cheap, tacky 10X10 overloaded area. Truly some of the cheapest sets of any series. Obvious they only have a few hundred dollars to design these cheap sets for what are supposed to be billionaires. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 157September 2, 2019 5:08 PM

R157 If you think those sets are cheap then I wonder what you think of Days sets.

by Anonymousreply 158September 2, 2019 6:34 PM

I'm watching today's show and now Adam is blackmailing Michael b/c Fen is dealing drugs off set.

This crap is unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 159September 2, 2019 6:52 PM

R158 Days has always been horrible. Severely lit. Fucking 10 million watt bulbs to light it? WTF. I also hate the writing. Every line has their fucking name in it! For eg. I just came from Bob's. He told me Sarah was at Nora's place just now. Evelyn talked to Sarah and told me that Bob just impregnated his sister Ava. Ava is pissed that Bob will now be the father and uncle. Ava's mother Clarice is also pissed at Bob for fucking his siter Ava. Poor Ava. That is fucking Day of our Lives. Horrible show.

by Anonymousreply 160September 2, 2019 7:03 PM

R160, that was an ATWT staple.

Lisa: I just came from seeing Tom and Margo on my way home from Fashions - I ran into them at the hospital and they were there to check on Lyla who's very worried about Casey and I'm not sure if Lyla can sing at the Mona Lisa tonight but she better because whenever her substitute goes on in her place the crowds tend to thin out and oh my goodness, Earl, I AM Lyla's substitute!

by Anonymousreply 161September 2, 2019 7:46 PM

R159 They could have at least shown us the photos/video that Adam has of Fen on his phone.

Fen was probably at something that resembled a Sketchy Sex party.

by Anonymousreply 162September 2, 2019 9:36 PM

Shall we start calling him Fen-Fen?

by Anonymousreply 163September 2, 2019 11:10 PM

When Lauren shows up unannounced to confront her son, she should find FenMo in bed with Carmine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 3, 2019 12:03 AM

will never forget when they couldn't figure out who killed Carmine they just made him alive; despite the 'corpse' lying in the alley for several hours.

by Anonymousreply 165September 3, 2019 2:25 AM

Any news on dg status?

Cane is exactly the kind of dead weight character they should dump. They need to tell new stories with new characters where they can. Not everyone can stay forever.

by Anonymousreply 166September 3, 2019 3:25 AM

Why are they dressing Phyllis so trashy? Since Stafford's return, I've yet to see her in anything office appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 167September 3, 2019 4:29 AM

Has Mel gained weight? On Tuesday's show when she's at Nick's house and they're standing together, she looks mighty hefty.

by Anonymousreply 168September 3, 2019 4:31 AM

R160, that is Soap Writing 101. And Y&R does it too.

by Anonymousreply 169September 3, 2019 4:36 AM

R167, Phyllis rarely dressed appropriately for work before Stafford left, and her Nina on General Hospital dressed similarly.

by Anonymousreply 170September 3, 2019 4:49 AM

R166 DG brought his mother (who's visiting from Australia) to the studio last week, in what he called, "Bring Your Mother to Work Day."

In one photo of them backstage (with Boretoria and Little Bug), he was dressed in street clothes; but in another one (with Duh-von and Jill), he appeared to be on set and dressed in wardrobe like Cane typically wears. .. So it doesn't look like he's gone, yet.

by Anonymousreply 171September 3, 2019 5:49 AM

He's not going anywhere. According to Twitter, he has a huge story coming up with Nu Chance and some mystery woman from his past.

by Anonymousreply 172September 3, 2019 5:52 AM

Well, we originally heard "Hurricane" was a MANWHORE, when he played semi-pro rugby with the Canberra Bees Knees, so he could have fucked half of Oz. (And yes, they actually used that word. .. lol!)

Too bad, it's not "a mystery man," though. That might make the Cane character mildly interesting, as well as explain how he became involved with gay Phillip in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 173September 3, 2019 6:12 AM

R168 Wardrobe wasn't doing Mel any favors with the cut of that dress, which revealed her upper arms, along with that extra wide belt that not only added girth to her mid-section, but seemed to prop up her udders.

by Anonymousreply 174September 3, 2019 6:56 AM

when Nikki was having lunch with Ryan to find out his intentions to teen daughter Victoria, Y&R wardrobe dressed her in something low cut hoping that writers would get inspired.

by Anonymousreply 175September 3, 2019 7:02 AM

I remember around that time that it was Ryan who figured out that Nikki was a closet alcoholic who was sneaking drinks. It came out that he had experience with recognizing the signs because it was part of his home life while growing up. If I recall correctly, his father was a drunk, and his mother was an enabler. He took off to get away from them as soon as he could, but hated the fact that he had to leave his younger sister behind. Something like that. But none of this backstory was mentioned ever again during the entire decade his character was around. And no one from his family ever showed up for his weddings or funeral.

by Anonymousreply 176September 3, 2019 9:43 AM

interesting, R176.

At times, it seemed as if Ryan, Paul, Neil, Danny were all interchangeable.

I remember Brad had a scene with his mom early on in his run; she was never mentioned again. Then years later, his history was totally re-written.

by Anonymousreply 177September 3, 2019 6:23 PM

When Brad was going to marry Traci the first time, there was something involving a wedding invitation to his mother (or family) that involved sneaky Lauren. Also, in the early 90s, SOD reported that casting for Brad's younger brother was going on. Can we assume it involved a Speedo session?

by Anonymousreply 178September 3, 2019 6:42 PM

That's ringing a (Bill) bell about Brad's brother; geez; how OLD are all of us that we can quote chapter and verse on minutia?

I'm in my mid 50s

by Anonymousreply 179September 3, 2019 8:34 PM

Who remembers when bromos, Neil and Ryan, both found themselves batching it, and Neil let his little buddy, Ryan, move into what had previously been described as Neil's small, one bedroom apartment? .. Ryan was never shown sleeping on the sofa and always entered/exited the scene from/to Neil's bedroom.

There was slash fiction, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 180September 3, 2019 8:59 PM

Yeah, the suggested backstory for Ryan was really interesting and I wish they would have explored it. It's too bad they killed off Ryan (although I loved the wedding scene with crazy Trisha).

I still feel the show has never fully explored Sharon's backstory, even with teenage pregnancies and lost twins.

by Anonymousreply 181September 3, 2019 11:59 PM

R174, On Wednesday's show, they have Mel in basic black.

by Anonymousreply 182September 4, 2019 12:44 AM

R182 Black is slimming, and I need all the help I can get with my own zip code ass.

by Anonymousreply 183September 4, 2019 12:45 AM

R181 We pretty much know how things were between teenaged Sharon and her mother, though. Do we really need to go further back than high school with Frank and Grace? That was all laid out. Plus, she has no siblings, so anything like that would be retcon. And in one of her conversations with Victor (when he treated her more like a daughter), she mentioned that her own father was dead.

by Anonymousreply 184September 4, 2019 1:15 AM

What is Rey doing for sex?

by Anonymousreply 185September 4, 2019 1:22 AM

R185 I think we can assume that the bellhops at the Genoa City Athletic Club are both full-service and discreet. It's one of the many charms of these old-school establishments.

by Anonymousreply 186September 4, 2019 2:08 AM

How did the Grand Phoenix get built (rise from the ashes?) in just a month or two?

by Anonymousreply 187September 4, 2019 2:53 AM

Was the Grand Phoenix built from the ground up? Or was this originally the place that Arturo started a major rehab of while working for Nick? I wasn't paying attention, and of course, I don't think they ever showed a construction site.

by Anonymousreply 188September 4, 2019 3:08 AM

That may be, r188. Thank you.

I had not watched Y&R for ten years or so until Kevin recently returned. There's a lot I don't know. Chelsea is a completely new character for me, for example. I assumed The Grand Phoenix idea began when Phyllis began to work for Adam this summer. I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 189September 4, 2019 3:14 AM

In the paywalled thread, someone asked this question:

[quote]Has Sara Bibel been demoted on Y&R? She was in a different position in the credits today.

It may mean she's writing dialogue instead of outlines. The second screen is usually the outline writers, the third, the scriptwriters.

by Anonymousreply 190September 5, 2019 8:22 PM

R190 I think I noticed the change a couple of weeks ago. Per how they do the credits, she's been moved into Matt Clifford's job as story-editor coordinator, and he now appears to be gone.

by Anonymousreply 191September 5, 2019 8:57 PM

Would you happen to know, r191, if *only* the last name on the third writer screen is the scriptwriter of the day?

by Anonymousreply 192September 5, 2019 9:04 PM

R192 The way it goes at Y&R:

First screen: Head Writer(s)

Second screen: Associate Head Writer(s)

Third screen: 1) Script Editor/Coordinator, 2) Breakdown Writer, and 3) Scriptwriter - in that order - for that episode.

by Anonymousreply 193September 5, 2019 9:21 PM

So old dino Vic just takes the pills Adam switched out just like that? What horrible writing.

by Anonymousreply 194September 6, 2019 12:01 AM

Adam not only knew where to find someone who could make identical, but dosage-amped, pills, and also exactly where Vic keeps his pills? Holy Vicky Hudson, Batman.

by Anonymousreply 195September 7, 2019 2:29 PM

Still not as retarded as Zoe spiking all three punch bowls with drugs and NO ONE fucking notices. Truly some of the worst writing.

by Anonymousreply 196September 7, 2019 6:24 PM

So, is that what we're going to see in America 48 hours from now, r196?

by Anonymousreply 197September 7, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote] Holy Vicky Hudson, Batman.

Actually, I've been thinking ... the Batman image relates to what's missing at Adam's penthouse. Adam needs a live-in houseboy, who would be something of a "Robin" to his "Batman" .. a little minion and operative, if you will. .. And this houseboy would be the one who'd be responsible for doing things like sourcing prescription drugs and going to the park to get them.

This pretty boy would be like Adam's concierge, personal assistant, secretary, confidante, spy, and collaborator all rolled into one .. perhaps he'd even provide personal training services and the occasional massage, as required. .. Our live-in servant would be totally loyal and obedient to his master, willing to do anything for him. (Hmmm, does he have something of a crush on his boss?)

And while somewhat different, his presence would not be unlike Victor having Miguel and Colonel Austin, or Kay having Esther, Jack having Carol, Jill having David, Paul having Lynne, Diane having Marissa, Phyllis having Joani, etc etc..

I think Spencer Neville (ex-Derrick on Days) would fit very nicely in this recurring role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 7, 2019 7:37 PM

r198 That's what I hoped Kevin would be, basically.

by Anonymousreply 199September 7, 2019 7:47 PM

R199 Kevin would work to some degree - although personally I'd go with younger, hotter, and something of 'mysterious' blank slate in terms of character. .. But if it were Kevin, I think we'd need to jettison Chloe. Is she gravitating toward Billy again? If she cheated on Kevin, I could see something like that spurring Kevin to just say, "Fuck it!" and cast his lot with Adam.

by Anonymousreply 200September 7, 2019 8:16 PM

R198, Yes, Spencer would be a fine choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 8, 2019 12:15 AM

With the new paywall system, these boards are very slow. Anyone know of more active boards? I’d happily pay a subscription fee if it meant more lively conversation.

by Anonymousreply 202September 9, 2019 3:11 AM

NEWS AT 11

INFRIM, ELDERLY MULTI-BILLIONAIRE SEEN HANGING OUT AT LOCAL COFFEE SHOPPE

Customers report, "He looked like he was gonna faint, then crapped his pants."

-- Leanna Love, WGCX

by Anonymousreply 203September 9, 2019 7:01 PM

This was the 11th straight episode for Adam. I haven't seen anything like this since the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 204September 9, 2019 7:04 PM

I love you r203.

by Anonymousreply 205September 9, 2019 7:28 PM

I hope you're not complaining, r204.

by Anonymousreply 206September 9, 2019 7:30 PM

I'm not complaining. I really like him. But it is concerning. 1) Other viewers are going to get pissed off even more than they already are. 2) Actor burnout.

by Anonymousreply 207September 9, 2019 7:33 PM

What we need is more Esther!

by Anonymousreply 208September 9, 2019 7:34 PM

What we need is more Carmine!

by Anonymousreply 209September 9, 2019 7:37 PM

I did not watch during the Carmine era. Was he played by Marco "Dongboy" Dapper?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 9, 2019 7:40 PM

Didn't one of you say they were revamping the opening credits for fall? I am so sick of this NYE 2017 opening, especially Daniel Goddard, Hunter King, BryTON James, and Melissa Ordway. Make way for Mark Grossman in the opening, bitches (and, one hopes, Greg Rikaart).

by Anonymousreply 211September 9, 2019 8:42 PM

Spencer's perfection.

by Anonymousreply 212September 9, 2019 8:56 PM

If/when they do replace the main titles, Marco Dapper swinging should replace The Headless Woman sashaying.

by Anonymousreply 213September 9, 2019 9:19 PM

r213, when was The Headless Woman's last sashay, 2011?

by Anonymousreply 214September 9, 2019 9:32 PM

R214 Pay attention. ;-) The Headless Woman is still seen sashaying toward us as the end note of every opening segment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 9, 2019 10:57 PM

Ironically, all those years Stafford was gone she was still there, the headless slut.

I think a lot of people knew she'd be back.

They never should have recast her.

Imagine if Nick and Sharon had happily remarried and THEN Phyllis showed up.

by Anonymousreply 216September 10, 2019 5:46 AM

Why did they decide to make Tessa so glamorous?

by Anonymousreply 217September 10, 2019 7:00 AM

On Friday's show when Jill and Devon were naming the people who could possibly be behind the challenge to Katherine's will, neither mentioned Brock.

by Anonymousreply 218September 10, 2019 11:55 AM

Loved Lola's comment to Kyle that Theo acts like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 219September 10, 2019 11:56 AM

R218, Was Brock recast after the actor died?

by Anonymousreply 220September 10, 2019 12:36 PM

Beau Kayser may have died in 2015, but the show hasn't killed off Brock. Show just seems to avoid mentioning Brock, obviously keeping options open for what to do with the character.

As I recall, the last time Brock was seen in Genoa City was at Katherine's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 221September 10, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote] Why did they decide to make Tessa so glamorous?

Have you seen Cait's IG? .. IRL she has a make-up artist, stylist friend who uses her as a model for glam looks. .. It's why Cati's generally a stand out on the red carpet. .. Maybe someone at Y&R picked up on this and made the decision to switch gears where the Tessa character is concerned.

She recently did an homage to Sharon Tate. I had to do a double take. Cait looks beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 10, 2019 7:21 PM

Time to RECAST Mackenzie and SORAS her son, Dylan Hellstrom, Brock's grandson and Kay's great-grandson. (Timeline-wise, Dylan should appear to be just a year younger than Charlie & Mattie.)

They can tell Brock's backstory through Dylan -- having him be a real hellraiser in high school, soon leading to a wild life of drugs and orgiastic sex. We'll make him bisexual.

Eventually, we'd have our "Brock Junior" find religion and start singing Kumbaya in a Panama hat.

by Anonymousreply 223September 10, 2019 7:57 PM

Shack ... Blech!

I don't even want a reminder of that. .. Almost as creepy as Sharon and Victor.

by Anonymousreply 224September 13, 2019 4:28 AM

NEWS AT 11

OCTOGENARIAN TYCOON, VICTOR NEWMAN, APPEARS TO HAVE DIED AT HOME, WHILE WIFE LOOKS ON IN HORROR!

One servant at the scene reports: "Mr. Newman looked deader than a toad with a brick up its ass! ... while Mrs. Newman kind of toppled over and began to wheeze uncontrollably at the sight of him!"

-- Leanna Love, WGCX

by Anonymousreply 225September 13, 2019 7:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!