Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Laura Linney

Gave birth to her first child.... at 49!

Discuss.

I'll have to say, that's really not a responsible thing to do, because the chances of birth defects rise after age 40, and 49 -OMG.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 6:40 AM

So what, Janet was 50 when she "gave birth," to hers!

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 6:05 AM

But my giving birth wasn't in quotes, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 6:15 AM

Supposedly all these older pregnancies use donor eggs so birth defects are less likely.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 6:16 AM

Either her eggs were frozen when she was younger or they were donor eggs most likely . There really isn’t any risk for birth defects just giving birth in itself at 50 if a woman is in good health . I like her and used to see her on the subway all of the time only a couple of years ago . Totally cool and unpretentious, so good for her for popping out a kiddo if that was her wish .

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Just admit you missed the window and live with that choice. Jesus. I'm 43, an uncle and godfather, and I can't imagine bringing my own child into the world six years from now — much less doing IVF and carrying the thing. I'm fucking exhausted as is.

Anyone who marries a 49-year-old woman surely can't be looking to have kids.

And Laura Linney, 49, could marry anyone she wanted to. If she reeeeally wanted kids, she could've used Billy Campbell's sperm back when she was 30.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 6:25 AM

why are you so tired at 43 r5? I suggest pills.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 6:28 AM

I never wanted kids. I always used to play with the little girls at school when they brought their Jem and Shera dolls to class. The minute one of them pulled out a cabbage patch kid and wanted to play house with me I was out. Fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2019 6:29 AM

The drive to reproduce is strong. I don't get it myself, though. As for Laura Linney, getting pregnant naturally at that age is rare, so it's more likely that she froze some eggs when she was younger and is less likely to have birth defects.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 6:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!