Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The End of America

The country is toppling. Rome 2.0 is falling. Let’s just admit it.

by Anonymousreply 167August 5, 2019 9:02 PM

Wadda ya gonna do aboudit?

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 4:37 AM

The world is ending, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 4:40 AM

Such a drama queen. Everything is good in America. Open up your own business and stop working a dead- end job.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 4:42 AM

Every empire declines. America has become far too large to successfully administer and is degenerating from hypocrisy, hatred, and corruption. Just like the Romans. A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 4:43 AM

No, everything is NOT good in this country.

Not by a long shot.

It's getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 4:44 AM

It’s teetering. Could go either way. But even if Trump is defeated, we must live with the knowledge that 40% of us were easily manipulated into being happy with a lying sociopath proto-fascist in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 4:45 AM

Perhaps humans have overpopulated to an extent that there are far more stupid people than intelligent enlightened individuals. The rapid rate at which we're destroying the planet through ignorance of science and rampant waste shows this to be true. We haven't tipped the balance quite yet but wait a few years when water and arable land become scarce. There are too many of us, we're not managing our resources correctly, and many do not respect the wisdom it takes to solve serious problems.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2019 4:47 AM

[quote] But even if Trump is defeated, we must live with the knowledge that 40% of us were easily manipulated into being happy with a lying sociopath proto-fascist in the White House.

And if Trump is defeated, those 40% won't shut up and play nice. They will refuse to accept the results and will continue to do all they can to make life miserable for the other 60%. Even if Trump goes away, the deplorables remain.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 4:49 AM

There have always been far more stupid people than intelligent people, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2019 4:49 AM

True. And since Trump has set us up for a huge collapse (economic, reputation, influence, and more)… it'll all come falling down in a year or two, and even though it was all Trump and the GOP's fault, if Dems win, they'll take ALL the blame, and we'll be back to fascist assholes soon enough.

We're either on the cusp of a new civil war, or a complete collapse of everything.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2019 4:51 AM

[quote]They will refuse to accept the results and will continue to do all they can to make life miserable

R8 Exactly like the Trump-obsessed have done. Exactly like the Hillary-obsessed have done.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2019 4:52 AM

Yes R9, but protecting an obviously lawless President is something new—at least in peacetime.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2019 4:52 AM

And you poor dears have no air conditioning. This is worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2019 4:53 AM

R7 Of course stupid people are outbreeding the smart ones. Just watch any teen mom show on television and you will see who is inheriting this planet. None of those ho-bags use birth control.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2019 4:54 AM

America survived civil war and the great depression. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2019 4:54 AM

Just TAX THE STUPID PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2019 5:05 AM

R11 engages in laughably ridiculous false equivalency.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2019 5:09 AM

R17 engages in all too frequent double standard.

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2019 5:16 AM

I don’t know what it’s like in other parts of the country but in SF it’s a sad shit show, with shit on the street and homeless taking their clothes off on public transportation. It’s sad that all of Trump’s enablers have led such a swift and steady decline. When the recession hits, I fully expect pandemonium.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2019 5:16 AM

No, R18.

Trump stole the election from Hillary. They are polar opposites, not the same.

Stop being a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2019 5:19 AM

[quote] And if Trump is defeated, those 40% won't shut up and play nice. They will refuse to accept the results and will continue to do all they can to make life miserable for the other 60%. Even if Trump goes away, the deplorables remain.

Oh no, I'm so scared of these toothless, elderly FOX viewers. I'm literally shaking in my boots at what they will possible do!

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2019 5:19 AM

Well on the bright side at least, things could always be worse. We could be Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2019 5:20 AM

R20 You do have reading comprehension issues. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2019 5:26 AM

The error is believing this is in any way an empire.

This is a republic and you’ve left the feeble minded alone in the Midwest as well as any of the square states.

I believe OP hates his family and his government. I think OP’s comfy in Vans because of the flat feet.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2019 5:27 AM

More Elites with big brains and less back of the class ankles to jesus know nothings.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2019 5:34 AM

We have military bases in countries all over the world, and you think we're not an empire?

How many countries have military bases in the United States?

We spend more on our military than the next ten largest countries COMBINED... and 9 of them are our allies. And you think we're not an empire.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2019 6:11 AM

No reading comprehension issues. You're engaging in ridiculous and laughable false equivalency. Pure and simple. I have no idea what kind of denial you have going on, but your post at R11 was just beyond ignorant and false, both on the surface and in its implications.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2019 6:12 AM

Although OP might be a little melodramatic, I do think it will be more difficult to come back this time.

Obama was able to restore America's economy and reputation in the World after Bush was gone, but I think Trump is even more hated and has left an even bigger stain -- domestically and internationally.

A new President might be able to restore some of the damage, but things may never be the same again.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2019 8:02 AM

Nobody will be able to fix this, because after Obama repaired thing, and people began to trust us again, Trump comes along and destroys things AGAIN. No matter how good the next President might be, nobody will trust that anything will last longer than that administration. Nobody is going to share anything with us again, or trust us in any international agreements. We'll have no reputation to rely on, and nobody will have confidence in us, we'll have no sway or influence anymore.

This country is over. Destroyed by Republicans, who gleefully took the help of a hostile foreign power to do it.

I'm disgusted. There's no saving us now.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2019 2:47 PM

R29, calm down. There are other countries who have rebounded from much worse. This is hardly 'the end' of anything.

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2019 2:55 PM

Once again, the "both siders" among us refuse to see that one side if fighting to save the country, and one side is happy to watch it burn down all around them, not realizing for one second that [italic]they[/italic] are the problem, it's their lives that are going to be destroyed, and they will have no one to blame but themselves. Of course, when they have been trained like Pavlovian dogs to vote against their self interests, it's not about intelligence or capacity for sympathy or even basic decency. It's about looking for Pavlov and holding him — them — accountable.

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2019 2:57 PM

Everything was just perfect until the day Donald Trump moved into the White House! If only we could go back in time!

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2019 4:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote] n SF it’s a sad shit show, with shit on the street and homeless taking their clothes off on public transportation. It’s sad that all of Trump’s enablers have led such a swift and steady decline.

How are those examples the fault of Trump?

by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2019 5:12 PM

Liberals are usually blamed for the homelessness problems since the most liberal cities have apocalyptic levels of homelessness.

by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2019 11:42 PM

R35 yeah, cause they’re too much of pussies to haul them off. Sorry but the lax PC attitude towards immigration and the homeless is liberalism’s worst quality.

by Anonymousreply 36July 24, 2019 11:45 PM

R35 what cities are ever Republican? And yeah, California has a lot of homeless. Personally, I'd rather be homeless in SoCal than in Boston. At least sleeping outside here I won't be dead in an hour.

R36 Haul them off where?

by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2019 11:51 PM

R37 Have you been to the midwest or south? Plenty of cities are republican.

by Anonymousreply 38July 24, 2019 11:54 PM

Send them all to Mexico. Let's see how Mexico likes it.

by Anonymousreply 39July 24, 2019 11:55 PM

R39 Dump them in Puerto Vallarta. Mexico thinks they have problems with the cartel until we dump all our Methhead tweakers.

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote] yeah, cause they’re too much of pussies to haul them off. Sorry but the lax PC attitude towards immigration and the homeless is liberalism’s worst quality.

How ironic that Republican conservatives consider themselves the party of Evangelicals/moral majority/Christians yet they are so cruel and uncaring towards their fellow man in need. Just Example #799 of how they are such hypocrites I guess...

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2019 12:30 AM

Thank God I'm old!

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2019 12:32 AM

R41 uncaring is not putting them in shelters and leaving them to live in squalor and shit on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2019 12:36 AM

R43, even more uncaring is deinstitutionalizing mental health patients, blocking or discarding funding for community mental health centers, decreasing the government's role in providing affordable housing, adding work requirements to federal housing aid, weakening the low income tax credit (which is the primary tool to provide affordable housing), being against any increase in federal minimum -- all thanks to GOP.. I could go on further but none of the above seems very Christian of the "moral majority" party or like it's meant to provide any sort of viable solution to the homeless problem that FOX News loves to bleat on about.

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2019 12:59 AM

R43, even more uncaring is deinstitutionalizing mental health patients, blocking or discarding funding for community mental health centers, decreasing the government's role in providing affordable housing, adding work requirements to federal housing aid, weakening the low income tax credit (which is the primary tool to provide affordable housing), being against any increase in federal minimum -- all thanks to GOP.. I could go on further but none of the above seems very Christian of the "moral majority" party or like it's meant to provide any sort of viable solution to the homeless problem that FOX News loves to bleat on about.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2019 12:59 AM

Bitch, ya said it and I agree, but twice? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2019 2:13 AM

R46, lol. Sorry for the double-post! DL has been doing that a lot when posting from my phone...

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2019 2:32 AM

America will live on for three thousand years. The Pax Americana has just begun.

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2019 2:38 AM

The U.S. seems to be undergoing a compressed version of the much slower decline of Rome. Unlike Rome, however, the U.S. never wanted world domination, but had it thrust upon us after WWII.

It seems we react to this with a kind of a split personality: half wants to be isolationist, down home “just folks,” while the other half wants to lord it over everyone. And, despite ongoing efforts by variable leaders, this bipolar attitude persists.

Like Rome, however, our elite has realized that, in order to keep themselves in control, all they need do is maintain our population’s hunger for diversions: bigger sports events, flashier cars, fancier cell phones, or whatever the latest fad is.

So, no, our population isn’t likely to revolt any time soon, not as long as we get our our bread and circuses.

I have hopes for Mayor Pete, and have even contributed to his campaign. Even if he ends up getting nowhere, I will feel better within myself, knowing that at least I did something to help him. And plan to do more.

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2019 2:57 AM

agree, OP.

Most people are too dumb, too blind or too afraid of change to understand, notice or fight it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2019 3:08 AM

The US will be okay if it has a strong cyber warfare ability.

We got ahead of the game with the nuclear bomb, and will stay ahead if we are have strong cyber technology. It’s something even small states, or even non-state actors, can use to cripple us, if we are not prepared. It could also bring the war to everyone’s neighborhood.

The biggest problems, I think, are utilities: water, gas, electricity, sewer.

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2019 3:30 AM

What's next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2019 3:30 AM

What's next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2019 3:30 AM

When Boston has a natural gas tanker travel up the river, the city shuts down the bridge over it. I live miles away, but calculated that an explosion in the harbor would still destroy my building.

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2019 3:31 AM

America is the boss. The Queen. The Motherfuckin Tony Soprano of the whole world apparatus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2019 3:35 AM

America is the boss. The Queen. The Motherfuckin Tony Soprano of the whole world apparatus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2019 3:35 AM

Not only do we need to harden our election means, but we should recognize that we’re at war with Russia. Unlike China, we don’t do so much trade with Russia that we couldn’t survive a termination of open borders with them. I say, terminate their citizen’s rights to property ownership, if the property is over some amount, like $250,000. End their rights to ownership of American companies, and rights to do business in the US. Etc. Just embargo the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2019 3:38 AM

[quote]Everything is good in America. Open up your own business and stop working a dead- end job.

Blithely foraging ahead.

by Anonymousreply 58July 25, 2019 3:40 AM

The scary thought is what comes after America. I don't relish a world dominated by China and capitulating to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 59July 25, 2019 3:43 AM

R58, do you really think you'll make a difference in the grand scheme of things? America is the best thing that ever happen to this world. That sack of shit Russia will be dealt with soon enough. But China. Her people are so gullible. They aren't warriors. Not anymore, anyway

by Anonymousreply 60July 25, 2019 3:46 AM

I predict China will have a revolution within 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 61July 25, 2019 3:50 AM

China is in serious demographic decline.

by Anonymousreply 62July 25, 2019 3:52 AM

It seems China has a lot of peasant/factory workers, who are totally abused. That can’t last.

by Anonymousreply 63July 25, 2019 3:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 25, 2019 3:57 AM

[quote] I predict China will have a revolution within 20 years.

The Great Leap Backwards?

by Anonymousreply 65July 25, 2019 4:48 AM

It's time for The Chinese Spring.

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2019 5:03 AM

This country is being bankrupted... morally, ethically, politically.

And in the background, climate change is coming harder and faster than anyone is ready for.

The great American Experiment is failing hard, and it will fall apart soon.

We're doomed.

by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2019 5:09 AM

"Everything is good in America."

Are you fucking HIGH?

by Anonymousreply 68July 25, 2019 5:09 AM

Thanks R30. It's good to remember that both Japan and Germany made great strides in repairing their countries after inflicting terrible atrocities on the rest of the world.

Japan is one of my favorite cultures and they extended great effort to undue the horrors they produced. I just hope it doesn't take an atom bomb on one of our great cities to knock us back on track. It's amazing they recovered from that.

Hitler and the Nazis were truly evil. The Germans have done a lot to attempt to make up for the terrible wrongs they did but it's sad to see that white supremacists are again gaining ground.

by Anonymousreply 69July 25, 2019 5:11 AM

R69, yeah, but they did it because The United States basically funded it.

Nobody's going to step in to save us and help us. The situation is very different. The oligarchs are just going to come in and strip us for parts, line their pockets, and leave the carcass to rot.

by Anonymousreply 70July 25, 2019 5:13 AM

R70, I see your point but there will be no carcass to rot.

Americans may be in a paroxysm of lunacy right now but we inhabit a spectacular piece of real estate from sea to shining sea. If another country conquers us, Russia or China for example, they will literally enslave not just the opiated fundy deplorables, but progressives, too, and populate our land with their people and customs. We will be slaves to the Chinese. I have nothing against the Chinese, but if we don't wake up and restore our democracy we'll be no better than the violently dysfunctional Central American countries whose citizens are fleeing to our borders to grab what's left of the American dream.

by Anonymousreply 71July 25, 2019 5:21 AM

The assets of the US are being stripped by multi-national corporations and the financial bosses that lead them.

The people are being left behind to be controlled by the clergy.

I'll be dead before it gets much worse. But I would not want to be 30 years old at this moment in US history.

by Anonymousreply 72July 25, 2019 12:33 PM

The US will fracture and splinter, there will be civil war, and we will become a 3rd rater banana republic, or set of them.

by Anonymousreply 73July 25, 2019 1:28 PM

China hasn’t had a recession or something like one, since the 1980s. Their stability rests on rapid growth. In more recent years, they have so many people working slave labor in their cities, a downturn would be destabilizing. They already build ghost cities, you can’t do that, or build other worthless things like that, forever.

Their leadership is also at least a full generation from its street-fighting predecessors, and less likely to see millions in counter-revolutionaries dead as a necessary price to pay for the Party.

by Anonymousreply 74July 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Just saw the stat that China's has reduced investments in the US by 83%. Interesting.

After we've destroyed the country there will be a fire sale. The the reconstruction will begin but it won't be done by Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 25, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote] All of us, if we are of reflective habit, like and admire men whose fundamental beliefs differ radically from our own. But when a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or count himself lost. … All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

[quote] The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Which population has the greater number in the US:

1 - those whose votes were suppressed by state and county elections officials?

2 - those who didn't think their vote as an employer of their legislative representatives would matter?

3 - those whose votes were altered by hacked electronic ballot machines?

by Anonymousreply 76July 25, 2019 9:19 PM

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the bad taste of the American public." - H. L. Mencken"

Old H. L. must have been a joy to be around.

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2019 6:16 AM

Surely our decadent society was bound to collapse at some point. I just hope I get taken out in the first wave of exterminations.

by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2019 6:22 AM

It's been toppling for at least 30 years. Just like other empires, preying on others will only last for so long.

by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2019 6:42 AM

[quote]I just hope I get taken out in the first wave of exterminations.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2019 11:28 AM

Excellent post r7

Humans are showing a fatal weakness for being very short term in their approach.

by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2019 7:25 PM

I just watched the movie Idiocracy from 2006. R7's post is pretty much the plot of it. For a stupid movie, it is amazingly prescient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 27, 2019 7:31 PM

Actually, the Holy Roman Empire considered itself Rome 2.0. It could be 3.0 if you consider the Byzantine Empire Rome 2.0. But I'm splitting hair here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 27, 2019 8:46 PM

Op, do you smell extra bad being that Europe has record shattering high temperatures and you Reds don’t bathe on a good day? Are you extra sweaty in your knockoff Adidas tearaways?

America will be fine. Your shithole country on the other hand, should start updating their wills.

by Anonymousreply 84July 27, 2019 9:17 PM

I am CONCERNED!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 27, 2019 9:20 PM

We're constantly told that America is the greatest country on earth but that's not really true. We've accomplished many innovative and groundbreaking things but there has always been a parallel universe of exploitation and aggression. The slave trade, the massacre of Native Americans and destruction of their cultures and traditional homes, the wholesale slaughter of wildlife, segregation, bigotry, exploitation of foreign lands for their resources, meddling in foreign governments and on and on.

Yes, we were heroic in WWI and especially WWII. We have our golden moments of victory over ruthlessness. It's been a struggle ever since. A needless war in Vietnam, resistance by many during the cultural changes of the 60s during which we began a progressive ascent that created more equality and compassion for human rights around the globe. We've been very generous, sending aid to countries after disasters and setting an example for goodness and compassion. We elected Barrack Obama, a crowning jewel in our crown only to see waves or racism released that is destroying us.

When did it start to go wrong? For me it was the constant harassment of President Clinton by repukes and the sketchy election of George Bush resulting in a terrible war with no just cause. We squandered the compassion the world extended to us after 9/11 and now we're totally off the charts with a craven lunatic in the Oval Office.

I still retain hope that good will prevail over evil but it's getting harder every day. I'm hoping now that the antics of the idiot trump will spur people to get out and vote. It's hard to wait and I my soul will die if he's re-elected. I can't believe people are willing to destroy our democracy so they can freely express their hate, ignorance, and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 86July 28, 2019 4:36 AM

Sometimes I'm amazed that we live in a technologically advanced era with many scientific victories and advances yet a large segment of the population is as ignorant as isolated peasants in the 18th century. As fast as we move forward with innovation they drag us backwards.

by Anonymousreply 87July 28, 2019 4:39 AM

r86 you should read the July 20 Washington post article titled " How trashy TV made children dumber and enabled a wave of populist leaders" and July 23's "Why We Can’t Look Away From Our Screens" piece in The New York Times.

Technology dependence doesn't make us smarter, it makes us addicted and our minds fragmented and less able to filter and evaluate information.

by Anonymousreply 88July 28, 2019 4:45 AM

R75 China's domestic output has fallen to the lowest levels in 27 years, but it's still growing at 6.2%. But, this is the first actual period in which output has slowed since 1992. Despite Trump's antics, dollar denominated China's exports dropped 1.3% which is less than expected. Exports to Asia increased by over 12%, which appears to have undercut Trump's tariffs as their total value of exports have stabilized to last year's levels.

Unless export activity and employment both drop in the coming months which drag domestic output to under 5%, Trump's stunt is a total failure.

by Anonymousreply 89July 28, 2019 4:30 PM

We are no longer the world's sole remaining super-power.

We're on a downward slide towards being nothing more than a banana republic.

by Anonymousreply 90July 28, 2019 4:45 PM

well, they've been saying that forever

we didn't start the fire...

it was always burning since the worlds been turning

by Anonymousreply 91July 28, 2019 5:04 PM

They made a movie in 1986 called the Decline of the American Empire

people have been saying it for years

said it after Lincoln was shot in the head too...

by Anonymousreply 92July 28, 2019 5:05 PM

The Earth is cooking us, measles are back, antibiotics are on the brink of complete ineffectivity and Trump's British doppelganger is running Britain. What a time to be alive for not much longer.

by Anonymousreply 93July 28, 2019 5:13 PM

Here’s American Exceptionalism:

[quote] Colin Powell: Far from being the Great Satan, I would say that we are the Great Protector. We have sent men and women from the armed forces of the United States to other parts of the world throughout the past century to put down oppression. We defeated Fascism. We defeated Communism. We saved Europe in World War I and World War II. We were willing to do it, glad to do it. We went to Korea. We went to Vietnam. All in the interest of preserving the rights of people.

[quote] And when all those conflicts were over, what did we do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say, "Okay, we defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan, so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do? We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which they have embraced totally to their soul. And did we ask for any land? No, the only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead. And that is the kind of nation we are.

by Anonymousreply 94July 28, 2019 5:40 PM

And this:

In 1966 upon being told that President Charles DeGaulle had taken France out of NATO and that all U.S. troops must be evacuated off of French soil President Lyndon Johnson mentioned to Secretary of State Dean Rusk that he should ask DeGaulle about the Americans buried in France. Dean implied in his answer that that DeGaulle should not really be asked that in the meeting, at which point President Johnson then told Secretary of State Dean Rusk:

"Ask him about the cemeteries Dean!"

That made it into a Presidential Order so he had to ask President DeGaulle.

So at end of the meeting Dean did ask DeGaulle if his order to remove all U.S. troops from French soil also included the 60,000+ soldiers buried in France from World War I and World War II.

DeGaulle, embarrassed, got up and left and never answered.

by Anonymousreply 95July 28, 2019 5:41 PM

I don't really care, do u?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 28, 2019 5:42 PM

The movie “The Monuments Men” was about the US team in Europe towards the end of WWII, who sought out priceless works of art that the Nazis plundered from conquered countries, and returned them. One of the characters, a French museum worker, distrusted the Americans, thinking that we were just going to steal everything, which we did not do.

The Russians, on the other hand, not only kept Axis art, which you may visit today in St.Petersburg, but also art plundered from weaker allied nations, such as Poland. They also packed up entire German factories and shipped them back to the USSR by rail. They released the last German POW about a decade after the end of the war,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 28, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote] R90: We are no longer the world's sole remaining super-power.

Says who? China? The EU? Not true.

by Anonymousreply 98July 28, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote] Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln November 19, 1863

The US will resume it’s place as leader of the free world once Trump is consigned to the ash heap.

by Anonymousreply 99July 28, 2019 6:00 PM

They were saying the say thing about GW Bush, remember?

I mean Trump is worse, but still. It will get better.

by Anonymousreply 100July 28, 2019 7:11 PM

R94/R95: LOL. What a self sucking exercise. Tell that to the Philippines and Cuba and Puerto Rico and Iraq. We're an Empire, have been since 1900 and still are, now also a financial Empire with the dollar and cultural Empire with Hollywood. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 101July 28, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote] We're constantly told that America is the greatest country on earth but that's not really true. We've accomplished many innovative and groundbreaking things but there has always been a parallel universe of exploitation and aggression.

I don’t think it’s useful to rank countries in order of “greatness”, but there are a lot of things about the US that are great.

by Anonymousreply 102July 28, 2019 8:07 PM

And there are a shit-load of things that aren't, R102.

by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2019 8:13 PM

More greatness: future President John Adams provided legal defense to the the British soldiers involved in the Boston Massacre.

President Lincoln fighting to save the union.

President TR creating of the National Park System. Plus a dozen other things.

President Wilson attempted to get the map of post WWI Europe redrawn to reflect self-determination and his 14 points.

President Truman defending South Korea from the Communists trying to conquer the South. Ditto for Formosa.

President Bush Sr. pushed the Iraqi army out of Kuwait.

President Clinton working with the UN to stop the civil wars in the former Yugoslavia.

The Cold War, rather than a hot war.

Foreign leaders, even from adversarial countries, know they can fly to NY and appear at the UN, without fearing arrest, by the US.

by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2019 8:39 PM

R104: Wilson was a crazy racist who involved us in war we had no business being in. Bush Sr. involved us in a war we had no business in, Kuwait was not our problem. The Cold War had many hot wars so that point is completely false. Truman helped start the Cold War with his black and white thinking on European policy. Just stop..

by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2019 8:44 PM

R105, I don’t care that Wilson was personally a racist. He had other high ideals. If he hadn’t been a loud proponent of the League of Nations, we might never have gotten the UN.

Wars suck, but WWI was a righteous war. The democracies of France and the UK against the autocrats in the German, Ottoman, and Austrian empires. All parties were running out of bodies to throw into the fighting. The US arrived late, and which quickly led to an armistice.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2019 9:11 PM

The international community used to accept “by right of conquest” as a valid claim to a territory. This was pretty much abandoned by the end of WWII. Today, international borders are usually considered as fixed.

Apparently, Saddam Hussein of Iraq had borrowed so much money from Kuwait to fight its earlier war against Iran, that he concluded that it would be cheaper to invade, sack, and occupy Kuwait, rather than repay that debt. (Sidebar, this is the same reason that King Phillip IV of France arrested the Templar Knights in 1307.)

The US didn’t want Saddam controlling his own and also Kuwait’s oil. And the Iraqi invasion was contrary to the idea of stable borders, and set a terrible precedence. That’s why we later created sanctions on Russia for its invasion of Georgia and later, Ukraine.

So, Kuwait was freed by the US and other allied nations. It was paid for in large part by the Saudis. It really was our business, and served as an example of US determination. We should recognize that the alternative of the US stepping in during such conflicts, would be for other nations to build up their militaries out of self preservation. And we already know that this does not end well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote] R105: The Cold War had many hot wars so that point is completely false. Truman helped start the Cold War with his black and white thinking on European policy.

Can you explain how you feel that Truman helped start the Cold War?

I think the Cold War was a tremendous success and victory for America and Europe. In the early 1980s, no one would have thought the USSR would ever collapse, and do so with so few immediate casualties. It could have instead have happened after a nuclear exchange that killed millions. I think it’s one of the greatest accomplishments the US ever achieved.

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2019 9:37 PM

R106: No, dear. WWI was not righteous. Germany was a flawed democracy, but it was not some evil Empire. Same for Austria-Hungary. It was a family feud between the descendants of Queen Victoria. We had no business over there.

R107: The Bush Administration gave the green light to invaded Kuwait to Iraq, then started a war with Saddam for god knows what reason. It was fake from the start. Not our problem.

R108: The Cold War was won by Gorbachev, we had frankly jack shit to do with it. He reformed, it got out of control and that's that. Truman could have addressed Stalin's very real concerns about a unified Germany invading Russia again. Stalin wanted Germany divided and buffer states to stop an invasion which had happened twice in 30 years. Instead of acknowledging the realpolitik of the situation Truman, the British and French reunify their 3 zones into West Germany and start moving weapons there.

I'm an American of 37 years standing. I don't believe in the rah rah crap. We have an Empire, have had since 1900, we have started and gotten involved in so many conflicts we had no business being in it's not funny. We backed so many right wing coups and dictators because they weren't Communists while screaming about freedom in the Communist bloc.

We are one Empire of the many in history, we are not this great good global force you think we are.

by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2019 9:53 PM

R24:: Yeah and our empire is fading just a little bit. After all we no longer have Panama, The Phillipines etc. As a thought experiment tell me what if you cut $20 Billion from our military budget. It can be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Correct OP, but why limit it to America? The entire planet's going down the tubes. In a century, probably far less, it'll just be a hot desolate rock flying uninhabited through space.

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2019 9:58 PM

R109, the Central Powers were police states, not democracies.

The Bush ambassador screwed-up, and did not discourage Saddam from invading Kuwait. It was one of the worst miscommunications in diplomatic history. I don’t blame Bush for that.

I also give much credit to Gorbachev for the end of the Cold War, but America had a hand in it. Especially for not screwing it up. I also give the Pope credit. You’ll recall that the Solidarity movement in Poland was in the early 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2019 10:02 PM

R109: No, dear, they were not police states. You have no idea what the German Empire was like. Or Austria-Hungary. WW1 had nothing to do with us regardless.

by Anonymousreply 113July 29, 2019 2:12 AM

Might as well dance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 29, 2019 2:35 AM

The United States is falling just like the Soviet Union did.

We're yesterday's news. There's no coming back from this.

by Anonymousreply 115July 29, 2019 4:16 AM

Wait, but the Soviet Union came back. Life went on in Russia. Things are fine there.

by Anonymousreply 116July 29, 2019 4:20 AM

R116, no... the Soviet union fell apart. There are wars in Georgia and Ukraine. They're no longer considered a super-power. They're systemically corrupt through and through. The Soviet Union is part of history, not part of the present.

by Anonymousreply 117July 29, 2019 4:54 AM

OP

Russia and China have accumulated several thousand tons of gold over the last 20 years, while western government central banks have been prohibited from purchasing gold by an obscure international treaty that expires in 2 months.

by Anonymousreply 118July 29, 2019 5:07 AM

R118 source

by Anonymousreply 119July 29, 2019 9:08 AM

The whole gold story sounds pretty interesting, like a really good spy movie. It’s probably true though, and it will be far less exciting. Rich fucks will just keep getting richer.

by Anonymousreply 120July 30, 2019 5:31 AM

Something is up!

Recently, European countries have been repatriating gold previously held in depositories outside their own national borders. Germany for example, has moved 647 tonnes from the Federal Reserve of New York and the Banque de France back to domestic storage. The Netherlands recently repatriated a significant percentage of its reserves from the U.S. and is building a new storage site just outside of Amsterdam.

For the last few years, Russia has been the biggest buyer of gold. In 2017 alone, it purchased 224 tonnes of bullion, financing the purchase by selling a significant percentage of its U.S. Treasury notes. From a financial perspective, this diversified Russia’s portfolio, while politically it delivered some independence from Western governments that have grown suspicious of Russia’s geopolitical intentions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 30, 2019 7:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 30, 2019 7:29 AM

[quote] No, dear. WWI was not righteous. Germany was a flawed democracy, but it was not some evil Empire. Same for Austria-Hungary. It was a family feud between the descendants of Queen Victoria. We had no business over there.

This is the most reductively idiotic things I've ever read. First, both Germany and Austria-Hungary weren't just "flawed" democracies, they were autocracies with just a hint of democracy. Second, the origins of the First World War are multi-faceted -- treaties that created one group of great powers aligned against another group of great powers, an arms race between Britain and Germany, the race for imperialism in Africa and Asia, etc. -- that the fact that some of the leaders were related was almost coincidental.

by Anonymousreply 123July 30, 2019 6:23 PM

R123

People are shocked that Democrats are losing the battle for international respectability?

You come across as arrogant and ignorant of history.

Are you aware that your imperialist and colonialist POV has been discredited by historians?

by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote]You come across as arrogant and ignorant of history.

Wow.... talk about projection! Considering that R124 is the Idiot Libertarian Troll, who has repeatedly demonstrated that he knows nothing at all about history, economics, finance, or, well, anything, and that he's arrogant about his ignorance, I think my irony meter just broke.

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2019 2:48 AM

We've had shit presidents before, and we'll have shit presidents again. Americans always bounce back. The sky-is-falling hysterics who think Trump is the end of the civilized world are really getting tiresome. Yes he terrible, but we'll survive it and move on, like we always do after a terrible administration.

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2019 7:49 PM

The British Empire fell, and never recovered. And with Boris Johnson and Brexit, it's still falling.

The same is happening to the U.S. right now, and denying it is just living in denial.

by Anonymousreply 127July 31, 2019 11:07 PM

The Mueller Report was supposed to be the end of Trump and it was basically met with a shrug.

by Anonymousreply 128August 1, 2019 3:15 AM

Welcome to the edge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 1, 2019 3:21 AM

Britain is a shithole. They’re a tiny island with nothing and had to pillage half the world to have any wealth.

The USA will be fine, Boris. Go shoot some Krokodil and relax.

by Anonymousreply 130August 1, 2019 3:22 AM

Duran Duran wrote this song about America (the "Drowning man") back in the early 90s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 1, 2019 3:24 AM

Learn to love your anger now

Anger now is all you posses

Welcome to the edge

by Anonymousreply 132August 1, 2019 3:27 AM

r130 they did invent a lot of shit. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 133August 1, 2019 3:27 AM

If we are so bad off then why are there so many Americans behind immigration and if we open the borders when or where does it stop? What happens to the already disenfranchised? The billionaires are not slowing down on bleeding the money out of the country. How does is help us to add more people who will requite some kind of government assistance?

I'm not for keeping them in these camps, I'm for sending them back. And I wonder if many people know that the government is giving corporations who build these facilities money for every detainee per day everyday they are detained. Someone is making lots of money off this so I don't think it is a coincidence there are large numbers of people flooding here just as these facilities are complete.

by Anonymousreply 134August 1, 2019 3:33 AM

We're 22 Trillion in debt

We've sold off huge amount of our land and institutions to foreign countries

The rest of the world is going to abandon the dollar as the "petro dollar"... and oil is what holds our currency up and makes it used around the world. Once they move to the Euro or some other currency, our dollar will collapse.

Recession and an economic crash is looming.

Climate Change will devastate huge swaths of the country.

Nobody will trust us anymore, becasue any agreement made when Democrats are in power can be abandoned when the GOP wins.

We're running up towards a civil war as well, if we're not careful.

Human civilization itself could collapse within 80 years, because we're not doing ANYTHING to address the issues leading us in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 135August 1, 2019 3:34 AM

R134 is a moron. And this country is awash in morons. No country can survive with this many selfishly and willfully ignorant morons.

by Anonymousreply 136August 1, 2019 3:35 AM

I guess you skipped over what 135 wrote eh 136? If any if it is true we have no business worrying about helping immigrants.

Here's a link for you r136. The Oligarchs know how to sniff out money and they don't give a shit what that does to the rest of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 1, 2019 5:54 PM

R134 Adding more people won’t hurt us at this point. Our population growth is at a historic low. I’m all for controlling population but through family planning, birth control, and abortion, not by banning people from moving about the earth. That’s what people do. Things go bad in one place and they set out for a better life somewhere else. It’s the story of our country and even if you’re Native American (who immigrated first) you’re the descendant of immigrants.

I’m all for quality over quantity. The problem is that people don’t know how to manage and care for what they have. Humans are constantly conning and robbing each other. We can be brilliant but we can also be deeply evil. Right now billionaires hold sway but if we seriously apply ourselves we can right the ship. I’m a bit doubtful about it; there aren’t many truly forceful shining stars on the horizon right now. I’d like to take the best of all the Democratic candidates and roll them into one. The main thing is that good, caring people pool their resources and support the leaders who truly lead, not grifters and conmen like trump.

Yes, we have to do better with immigration and legal asylum laws. Many immigrants deserve a better life. Send back the crooks and cons, yes, but people willing to work hard have a place here. Most are not criminals, most work hard at the most undesirable jobs. I know many such people. With each generations they succeed more and become indistinguishable from you or me (except for perhaps superficial things like varying shades of skin color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 1, 2019 8:49 PM

Also, trump is harassing immigrants because he's racist. He doesn't want to accommodate blacks and browns. Think Hitler, another who tried to control race. Trump would welcome Norwegians, but Nigerians? No. "We're full up."

by Anonymousreply 139August 1, 2019 8:51 PM

It amazes me that people in the US would even compare themselves to the Roman Empire.

The only Empire with a shorter lifespan than the 'US Empire' was the Swedish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 1, 2019 9:55 PM

Thank you 138 for your answer. But it's not just about population growth or lack of it. It's also about the looting of money from any program that benefits the general population. Nice to hear that in a few generations immigrants become "just like us" but they will just be adding to those who will need to access those funds and programs that are now being cut. Also I've seen plenty of example (I live in Los Angeles) that many do not "become just like us" and they stay just as they were and live identical lives to the ones they did before they left home. With the challenges we face we need more people willing and able to participate and fight for the things we are losing. Our country is in trouble, there are plenty of young people who don't see a future for themselves yet we are paying more attention to helping people come into the country than we are trying to help our own young people or grown people who are struggling.

by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2019 3:46 AM

You must be a democrat. Such a positive force.

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2019 4:28 AM

R141, I live in Northern CA and many immigrants here are strivers. Yes, there are deadbeats in any population but for an example, a former boss was the great grandson of illiterate Mexican peasants, grandson whose grandparents got through elementary school, his parents graduated high school, he has a BA and is the director of a government agency, and his two kids have Masters Degrees. He's the salt of the earth and was a wonderful boss. I know many stories like that. I use a contractor with a similar story, his son just graduated college, they are good people.

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2019 5:07 AM

I believe record low unemployment levels among all demographics is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2019 9:14 AM

I believe that children are our future.

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2019 10:53 AM

You misunderstand 143 I'm not saying they are dead beats or that they are not good people, I'm saying that there are plenty who come here who will not end up being a part of this country. They won't get educated or educate their kids, they won't participate or care about politics or voting. They live in their own enclaves speaking mostly or only Spanish, living exactly as they did where ever they left. It's just someplace to be other than where they were, they have no investment in this country. There are large segments of the immigrant population like this and not only those from Spanish speaking countries but mostly, because they make up the largest percentage of those who come here.

In generations this may change but we don't really have the time to wait for immigrant populations to get to 3rd and 4th generations before they start paying attention to the challenges like the ones we are facing now. Things are serious for us right now. I see people making jokes but it's not funny, we are fucked. Yet no one is addressing the disenfranchisement of our young people, the debt facing our young people. . . as well as the other issues Americans are facing at this moment. Instead we are spending a lot of energy dick riding the illegals because it's politically advantageous. Or at least many in politics believe it is.

Also I find it interesting how all this came about. All of a sudden there was growing news interest about what was happening at the border starting with Trump talking about building his wall. Suddenly hoards of people flooding into this country. Then poof, all of the sudden there are these detention centers, where the fuck did those come from? How come no one has asked when did those get built? Were they pop up detention centers? Add water? And why are the news agencies even being allowed to report on this? This is some barbaric horrific shit. Babies in cages. Kids separated from their parents. Horrifying! But we are being allowed to see it. At this point any thinking person should know that our news is heavily censored. So why are we allowed to see this?

We weren't allowed to see images from Iraq or Syria. The news agencies were heavily censored during the Iraq war, practically total blackout. How about Syria? No images from there either. Major lock down on what we are allowed to know. But when it comes to the issue of immigration not only are we allowed to see but they are taking news cameras there and we see the VP walking through. And where the fuck did these detention centers come from?

We are being fed this news for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2019 2:17 PM

We’ve created entities, instead of countries, that can only thrive on inequalities and contrived scarcity.

Amazing how it’s same shit, different day.

by Anonymousreply 147August 2, 2019 2:57 PM

R146, I see your concern but enclaves of people clinging to their language and culture don't bother me. How are they any different from any other group that hangs together? We have never been a country that is 100% of anything, there are groups of cultural, ethnic, and like-minded everywhere. Their self interest might isolate them, but it's demagogues like trump who are actually tearing the country apart. Anyway, I grew up in a very diverse area with immigrants from all over. Yes, some are still immersed in their specific groups but most begin to assimilate at some point, especially kids and grand kids. Meanwhile, they aren't hurting anyone. Hoards are coming from the south now because they were told the border would completely close. They are trying to get in before that happens.

As for the rest of the horrors going on, we're living in a frightening morass of breaking news and atrocity every day, much of it coming from a corrupt administration. The border gets so much attention because it stokes the base. Syrian and other refugees are being blocked in distant lands, they are not present at the border. The news covers items of greatest urgency and interest, the people have lost interest in Syria, it's not because the news is blocked. You can find out what's going on elsewhere by searching for news sources. They are out there. Just stay away from propaganda sources like Fox News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 2, 2019 4:18 PM

Maybe my suicide note was ominous ?

Dear World, I am leaving because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool. Good luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 2, 2019 5:10 PM

Thanks to all who gave thoughtful responses. This thread is why I keep coming to DL.

by Anonymousreply 150August 2, 2019 8:03 PM

R49, I have given to Pete and several others too. At this stage, Pete needs people like you to *work.*. This won’t be just about money, it’s about activating the grassroots. I humbly ask you to seriously consider volunteering for him, you will have the option of many roles from which to choose. If your career schedule makes it impossible, I get it, but please consider.

by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2019 8:42 PM

148 you don't seem to be hearing what I'm saying you are interpreting how you wish, okay. For example,

[quote]Yes, some are still immersed in their specific groups but most begin to assimilate at some point, especially kids and grand kids

What you are saying is eventually in a couple of generations they assimilate. I'm saying we don't have time for that even in one generation things can be a lot worse than they are now.

Billionaires and corporations and the politicians they own are pillaging our money and shutting down our rights at this moment in time. Things are urgent. We need an aware population who seeks to be informed and is willing to push back to maintain the little we have and to try to regain some of what we lost. There are so many I run into out here in So Cal who aren't engaged because all they care about is surviving. And that is the objective of having more immigrants. A less informed population, a less activist population, a less educated population. All these things helps those who are in control.

[quote]The news covers items of greatest urgency and interest, the people have lost interest in Syria, it's not because the news is blocked.

You are either a troll or are deeply naive. The press has not covered the wars and military actions we have been involved in since 9/11. This is a fact. If you don't know this then you shouldn't be commenting. The press is compromised. What we get is propaganda. You need to expand your news sources.

by Anonymousreply 152August 2, 2019 11:35 PM

For you 148.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 2, 2019 11:52 PM

Republicans and conservatives are destroying this country and the world.

This isn't just the end of America. This is the end of everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 3, 2019 3:33 AM

No one on this thread knows anything.

by Anonymousreply 155August 3, 2019 4:01 AM

Thank you for that very informative contribution, r155.

by Anonymousreply 156August 3, 2019 4:07 AM

Let’s all burn together ❤️

by Anonymousreply 157August 3, 2019 9:11 AM

These violent delights have violent ends.

by Anonymousreply 158August 3, 2019 3:14 PM

I'd be thrilled to see this land stolen by white imperialist heterosexual entitled men ruined and given back to those indigenous to this land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 3, 2019 9:54 PM

Everything comes to an end. The leader in political ideas will be western Europe. The UK US cabal has only oligarchy and money laundering to offer. China and India only copy and catch up.

by Anonymousreply 160August 4, 2019 12:20 AM

Check your history, Republicans never problem solve. They just vilify those with the problem, vilify those with solutions to the problem or pretend the problem doesn’t exist.

The GOP never actually does anything to help anyone with the exception of their rich owners.

This country will come to an end because of conservatives, Republicans, and Libertarians.

Eliminating them is an existential fight.

by Anonymousreply 161August 5, 2019 1:51 PM

In a working democracy there's no reason why a party representing the minority (the rich) should ever be in power. It says a lot about the Dems that the GOP is able to get majorities in Congress and put their man in the White House.

That's why I don't like or trust mainstream conventional Dem leaders.

by Anonymousreply 162August 5, 2019 2:46 PM

In a working democracy there's no reason why a party representing the minority (the rich) should ever be in power. It says a lot about the Dems that the GOP is able to get majorities in Congress and put their man in the White House.

That's why I don't like or trust mainstream conventional Dem leaders.

by Anonymousreply 163August 5, 2019 2:46 PM

[quote] Eliminating them is an existential fight.

Such an enlightened approach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 5, 2019 2:56 PM

It's not like they give anyone a viable alternative, R164.

by Anonymousreply 165August 5, 2019 3:13 PM

America just needs to ban drugs, guns and junk food to become great again.

by Anonymousreply 166August 5, 2019 3:17 PM

R164, that's precisely what we're trying to prevent.

by Anonymousreply 167August 5, 2019 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!