Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What explains Pete Buttigiegs' Tweets popularity on Twitter ?

Whatever he Tweets gets thousands of likes within a few minutes and thousands of Retweets in a few hours. Compare this to poor Beto or even Bernie or anyone else in the field with millions of followers and huge name recognition.

Pete's ability to connect with anyone is so unparalleled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 6:05 AM

He's awesome, OP. But poor Beto. No matter how much he tries to engage people on Twitter and Instagram, he's still been losing followers for the last few months. Pete barely tweets and I'm convinced he doesn't run his own Insta. Both accounts continue to attract new followers.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 3:23 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 5:20 AM

OP, I think He must be the anointed Messiah, returned to us to lead us to Paradise.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 5:36 AM

But I showed my feets in Vanity Fair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 5:39 AM

Eventually they will determine which bot farm. Are there any guesses as to the country?

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 5:44 AM

Really, r5? The bots love Pete?

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 5:46 AM

Pete has the charisma to pull you in and to not only grab your attention but hold onto it. Once you hear him speak and answer questions you want to keep following him and pay attention to what he is going to say next. I'm not surprised he gets lots of interactions on twitter from people.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2019 5:47 AM

I agree he is great with connecting with (most) people. I don't think he has a whole lot more than that, but he has this more than perhaps any other Dem candidate, including Sanders. Him vs Trump would be intriguing to witness, to say the least.

However, I'm always iffy on Twitter mattering here. Could there be bot farms? Perhaps - it would only be me not putting him above what so many others are. Could it be because he's attracted a particular fanbase that is more online and on Twitter? Maybe, I guess. But its undeniable that a good part of the attraction to him is natural.

He's what I saw early comments claim Beto was, sure, haha.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 6:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!