Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Videos show NYPD officers being doused with water, pelted with buckets while responding to calls

he New York Police Department (NYPD) said Tuesday that one person is being questioned in connection with a viral video of police officers being doused with water while responding to calls. The videos caused widespread outrage in the city and online. One video, taken in Harlem over the weekend, shows two officers being doused with water and pelted with empty buckets while making an arrest.

NYPD Chief Terrence Monahan responded to the incident on Twitter. "The videos of cops being doused with water and having objects hurled at them as they made an arrest in #Harlem is reprehensible," Monahan wrote. "NYC's cops & communities have made remarkable progress — together — but EVERY New Yorker MUST show respect for our cops. They deserve nothing less."

Another video, taken in Brooklyn on Saturday and posted on Instagram Monday, shows two drenched officers walking away from a group of people, who follow them and continue to pour buckets of water over the officers' heads. The officers involved in the incident were responding to a call about a disorderly conduct, CBS New York reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 11:08 PM

I hope somebody asks the two mayors about this at the next debate. Maybe they can explain why they feel the need to throw their police under the bus to get some minority votes. No wonder their police force hates them so.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 2:29 AM

"but EVERY New Yorker MUST show respect for our cops. They deserve nothing less."

The jokes write themselves. You know what's worse than being doused with water? Being shot by a cop for no good reason (especially if the person is not armed). Will they release statements calling it "reprehensible" every time that happens?

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 2:29 AM

I used to be very supportive of the police. Until a neighbor with an ax to grind lied about an accusation, and I found how stupid and lazy the first responders (police) are. Today, the police are among the last people I would trust to be truthful.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 2:32 AM

I call total bullshit! Staged! And the American people eat it all up. My immediate reaction: What's the NYPD up to now?

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 2:35 AM

It's not staged, there are tons of videos. It's the talk of NYC right now.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 2:39 AM

I was on a jury once, and a few of the other jurors refused to believe that the police were truthful, as if ever.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 2:39 AM

Cops have identified one of the punks who was caught on video dousing uniformed NYPD officers with buckets of water as they attempted to make arrests over the weekend, according to police sources.

The “person of interest” — described as a gang member in his 20s — was allegedly involved in the Brooklyn incident, which saw cops being drenched near 1400 East New York Ave.

Authorities were still looking for the suspect as of 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, sources said.

One of the clips was filmed in the 28th Precinct in Harlem, where uniformed officers got soaked on Sunday night while attempting to make an arrest. The Brownsville incident was said to have played out in similar fashion.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2019 5:02 AM

You're right, getting doused with water is so much worse than them murdering citizens on the street in cold blood while they beg for their lives! They're pigs who've earned their lousy reputation.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 5:20 AM

womp womp

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2019 5:36 AM

They scattered like roaches once backup arrived.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Fuckin' mulignans, every fuckin' summer with these mulignans, I swear to Christ.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2019 10:42 PM

This is why he won.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2019 11:17 PM

This is one he won - because, due to PC culture, good people literally KISS THUG ASS today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2019 11:23 PM

Cops shown as victims. Ooooooooookaaaaaaay.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2019 12:02 AM

Let's just get rid of all the cops! That'll bring justice!

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2019 12:28 AM

It was just a tense week: the heat, blackouts...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2019 12:35 AM

I agree with R8, R14, R15 and especially R3. I can't imagine calling the police to report a crime or an emergency.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 1:00 AM

Only in New York, kids. Only in New York.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 1:05 AM

Nah I’m a London firefighter and we get pelted with stones quite frequently trying to respond to calls in certain areas. We’ve had everything from paint to buckets of horseshit thrown at us.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]Nah I’m a London firefighter and we get pelted with stones quite frequently trying to respond to calls in certain areas. We’ve had everything from paint to buckets of horseshit thrown at us.

Where exactly are these "certain areas"?

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 2:03 AM

Don’t fuck with the Po-lice.

I live in a smallish town and I love our police department. They’ve always been responsive and respectful and I am so glad to know some of them. It’s a great feeling to see the cops at the coffee shop and say hello. It’s a nearly impossible job, especially so in an urban area. They are the the thin blue line between civil society and chaos.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 4:49 AM

Better to be doused with water than bullets just sitting in your own fucking home.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 6:43 AM

Housing estates, I could give you a list of which ones but they’d mean nothing to you. Halloween is a particularly bad time for this type of anti social behaviour and we have plans in place for dealing with these issues. Last year someone started a bonfire that got out of control and was spreading towards the houses, the kids wouldn’t let us into the estate. They were pelting us with eggs, stones and bangers. There’s 4 estates that we have had issues in again and again and another estate that we only get trouble from around Halloween when they light the bonfire so those are the “certain areas”.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 7:53 AM

Considering they're pigs, shouldn't people be throwing mud?

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 8:41 PM

R23 I'm surprised to see the British behaving this way.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 10:49 PM

R26 They are mostly Jamaicans and Africans behaving this way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2019 10:55 PM

I'm so over cops. They're the ones with the power so I'm always inclined to favor regular people over them.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2019 11:03 PM

I'm so over criminals. They're the ones who connive to take power so I'm disinclined to favor them.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2019 11:05 PM

And in between cops and criminals are innocent civilians who STILL get beaten and killed by cops regularly hence the reason for this thread!

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 1:49 AM

When I’m next called to jury, I will never again take the word of a cop over the word of anyone else. They jump to conclusions based on bigoted influence or and exchange of cash or influence, and they present their findings with the unearned imperator of their position. I thought those days in Boston were over, but the city Is still as corrupt as it has ever been.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 5:40 AM

The police are victims when someone throws water on them. Wow! That must be rough. How do they get through life after that?

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 11:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!