Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Crosby: Mayor Pete is ‘the smartest man in politics’

Early on in the documentary David Crosby: Remember My Name, produced by Cameron Crowe and directed by A.J. Eaton, the famously cantankerous Crosby notes that back in the ‘60s, his soon-to-be-former Byrds bandmates weren’t too thrilled with him spouting his political views onstage or to the press. But a half-century later, Crosby is as unapologetically uncensored as ever — even giving his 2020 election endorsement to Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg.

“My favorite is Mayor Pete. I love the guy. He's the smartest man I've ever seen in politics ever, of all. He's smarter than all the rest of them put together,” Crosby says while sitting with Crowe at Yahoo Entertainment. “He's brilliant, and he's honest, and he's dedicated, and he's brave. Do you know how much guts it takes to go in the military when you're gay? Volunteer and go because you think you ought to, you don't want to be a privileged guy and get excused? Do you know what kind of morals it takes to do that? Yeah, I want him to be president. I really want him to be president. … Most politicians will turn around and tell you anything that you want to hear, to get you on their side, and then do completely other stuff when they get in there. Mayor Pete, I think, would not do that.”

As for anyone who might argue that musicians and celebrities should stay out of politics — as he’s been told for the past 50 years — Crosby barks wryly, “I tell them to shut up. I tell them, ‘I got the microphone. You ain't going to win this one.’ And I also usually ask them, ‘Whose concert do you think you were going to?’ I mean, what the hell? If you're going to complain about politics, you went to the wrong guy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2019 10:41 AM

Well, he's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2019 1:28 AM

People are really warming up to Pete.

He could be the dark horse in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2019 1:30 AM

If he was the smartest, he would have become a community organizer instead of mayor, so that he would have zero political baggage to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2019 1:32 AM

[quote] If he was the smartest, he would have become a community organizer instead of mayor, so that he would have zero political baggage to deal with.

Obama was also a Senator, and not just a "community organizer."

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]If he was the smartest

I did mean for that to be past tense, but should it have been "were"?

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2019 1:34 AM

He's right.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2019 2:21 AM

Pete is smart (I'd say he's smarter than not only the men but the women in the field, too) but he's ideologically shallow.

Someone can be smart, well read, and speak in multiple languages and yet have bad or bland politics.

And Pete's is bland. He's a typical managerial Democrat. For him, like for most Dems, his duty as a politician is not to make things better for Americans - it's to not to make things worse without upsetting the financial market.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2019 2:33 AM

Crosby nailed it - Pete is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2019 2:44 AM

Crosby's political smart bar is set so low that an ant would trip over it.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2019 8:45 AM

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2019 9:05 AM

Could be? But I know one thing that's for sure, Crosby is the biggest cunt in the music business.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2019 9:32 AM

David Crosby is an old wise man and Mayor Pete is truly smashingly smart and disarming.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2019 10:19 AM

"Mayor Pete is so smart" is the new "Obama is so articulate."

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2019 10:31 AM

Every time I think of David Crosby, I remember Iggy Pop talking shit about hippie singers who look like walruses.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2019 10:32 AM

And no one, neither you basement dwellers who've never been outside the state you were born in, nor, it seems, politically smart Petey, has begun to contemplate, let alone consider and dwell on, the diplomatic nightmare that will occur if America elects a homosexual President.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2019 10:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!