Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

tRUMP's Day With Young Republicans Was Full Of Racism And Lies

tRump on Tuesday used his speech to the nation’s largest group of college Republicans to further his racist attacks against four minority congresswomen.

Trump spoke for an hour at the Turning Point USA summit in Washington. Though TPUSA is a group for collegiate Republicans, with more than 1,000 chapters across the country and a pattern of racism and white supremacy in its top ranks, organizers said the audience included droves of high school students who were invited as part of a recruiting effort.

The president ranted and raved about Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), four first-term minority members of Congress, whom he told to “go back” to the countries they came from earlier this month.

“Democrats are being dragged into a radical left position ... with these people that I believe honestly, they hate our country,” he said to applause. “I believe they hate our country.”

The president repeatedly lied about the congresswomen, saying they “talk about ‘evil Jews’” and “say horrible things about Israel” with “venom and hatred.”

He falsely claimed that Ocasio-Cortez “calls the people of our country and our country ‘garbage’” (as the Raleigh News & Observer reported, she said something else completely). He repeatedly called Tlaib a “crazed lunatic” and a “maniac” over a video that surfaced this week in which she’s dragged out of a Trump rally, yelling, before she became a congresswoman.

He then veered from the attacks and claimed ― again, and without evidence ― that voting in California is “rigged” against him, an echo of his previous lies that millions of people are voting illegally in the state.

With each lie and smear came hoots, hollers and several standing ovations from the young audience. The event, part of a four-day summit, echoed Trump’s speech in North Carolina last week, in which he said of the four congresswomen, “if they don’t like” this country, “let them leave.” That audience began chanting “send her back,” a reference to Omar, who came to this country as a Somali refugee before becoming a citizen.

The North Carolina rally was widely criticized by pundits on both sides of the aisle. But during the TPUSA event on Tuesday, speakers defended the president by parroting his racism.

Speaking before Trump, Eric Bolling ― a former Fox News host who was fired after a sexual harassment investigation ― said the president was right to tell them to “go back,” especially Omar, whom he called “anti-Semitic.”

“A Somali refugee coming over here and becoming a member of Congress, to complain about the system, that’s just hypocrisy to me,” Bolling said.

Though Bolling and Trump spent plenty of time lashing out at the congresswomen for speaking their minds, Trump contradicted himself and Bolling in his own closing statement — though of course, he was talking about Republicans:

“The story of America has always been written by everyday citizens who love their country so much, they couldn’t help but speak out.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 10:40 PM

This forked tongued serpent is despicable.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 9:38 PM

I don’t know why anyone listens to what he says.

Also annoying is when criminal investigations are launched after he says something stupid, like “Obama tapped my offices”, with no evidence at all.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 9:45 PM

My nephew, age about 24, attended a Trump event in the next town over. He was quoted in the paper as saying “It’s funny that such a small town could get so many protesters.”

This kills me because even HE wasn’t from that town. Otherwise, there’s nothing wrong for protesters to be bussed in from surrounding towns. He’s not a blatant racist, as far as I can tell, but I would not be surprised if he was referring to Blacks bussed in from nearby cities (as in the past), and he doesn’t even know the implied racism in such a case. (“These people don’t belong here. I can tell by just looking at them.”)

He hears such things from Fox, of course. They don’t usually overtly say anything racist, but you walk away thinking that they did.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 9:58 PM

Tpusa? Explain please.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 10:03 PM

[quote]My nephew, age about 24, attended a Trump event in the next town over.

Now there's a nephew who deserves a good fucking.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 10:06 PM

^Turning Point USA. Read the OP.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 10:14 PM

R5, they have the MAGA hats, books by (purportedly) Palin, Trump, O’Reilly, and Rand. My nephew really wanted me to read “Killing Lincoln” or whatever, by O’Reilly. They don’t go to movies or watch them on TV, but they saw those 2 or 3 movies advertised on Fox (Unbroken, that Benghazi movie). They hired a woman with a radical radio show, where she refers to Killery, to sell my late folk’s house. I would never have allowed that if I knew it at the time. Fox is on all TVs at all times when their house is occupied.

Hmm, what else? You name it. Oh, they always bring some Right wing “thing” up in conversation. It’s like they are a parody of cult followers. Except more cultish.

I had hoped the nephew would grow out of it in college, but he graduated with no change. My nephew once asked my opinion about politics, and I told him I’d been waiting a decade for him to ask! Ha! It did no good. I once told him and his Mom that Fox was bad for them, but they don’t care, and I’m not going to keep bringing it up. I just see them less.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote] my nephew: “No matter what, I will always be supportive of the president.”

That’s up there with “my country, right or wrong”; “love it or leave it”; and “go back where you came from.” I’m reminded of Nixon diehard supporters.

He once wrote a long college paper on Climate Change. He left it out on the kitchen table one weekend. It was well written, but was all his opinion. It lacked any facts and footnotes. It deserved an F, really. Who cares what he thinks about CC?

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!