Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paul McCartney To Write Broadway Musical

[quote]The former Beatle has confirmed that he’s been working on a musical version of the classic 1946 holiday movie It’s A Wonderful Life.

Elton John, Paul Simon, Bono, McCartney. Who's next? Oprah writing a Broadway musical based on "Precious"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2019 11:51 AM

Who wrote American Idiot?

I think McCartney can do it, I certainly hope so.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]I think McCartney can do it, I certainly hope so.

Yeah, when the musical falls flat on its ass, we'll see who the REAL songwriter in that group was.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 8:25 PM

Which 'Paul McCartney'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 8:37 PM

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2019 4:12 AM

Elvis Costello said last night that his show “A Face in the Crowd” is coming to NYC next year. It’s based on the movie of the same name.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2019 4:17 AM

American Idiot was just a staging of the album. Not original music.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2019 4:18 AM

This will end in glycerin tears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2019 4:28 AM

It won't be as bad as it sounds, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2019 4:30 AM

I’m sure that it’ll be as good as Cape Man and The Last Ship!

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2019 4:43 AM

This will be the third or fourth musical version of the story. There was A Wonderful Life and It's a Wonderful Life – The Musical. Also, Kathie Lee Gifford has been working on writing a version for several years.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2019 5:04 AM

Who does he think he is........Cyndi Lauper?

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2019 11:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!