Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has Eva Longoria's career gone down the crapper since Desperate Housewives?

now she's reduced to playing the mother in Dora the Explorer movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 9:34 PM

Was there high hopes that she would become Sandra Bullock? Not a whole lot of range there other than the vain sexpot, which she's a bit long in the tooth for.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 4:55 PM

Isn't she active as a producer? I've also wondered if she's not involved in drug trafficking.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 4:56 PM

It's not like had much range as an actress. She does the funny bitch well, but that's about it. Plus she's over 40 now.

R2 Yes. She was smart enough to get into producing also, which can be quite lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 4:57 PM

I think she makes most of her money as a producer for these trashy ABC television shows she does. I think she did Mistresses too.

But being in the Dora movie isn't a surprise. EVERY actor in Hollywood is trying to attach themselves to some sort of 'property', franchise, brand, blockbuster series. Even the highly respected ones. *Especially* if it's already based on a pre-existing character or story. They tend to make extra money overseas too so it helps them get their own (smaller) projects funded, and remain relevant.

Longoria isn't even one of those 'serious' actresses, so I don't begrudge her this casting at all.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 5:00 PM

R4 is spot on. She isn't Meryl Streep and has never pretended to be. She is a capable enough actress with the right role, and she picks those roles. What if this Dora movie is huge? I bet there are many other actresses over 40 who would kill for this part.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 5:03 PM

She seems like the type of actress who got most of her roles via the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 5:13 PM

R3, meet R1

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 5:22 PM

It seems so bizarre that they would hire a sexpot actress to be the mother in a wholesome children's show movie? Was America Ferrera to busy with Superstore to be in the film? Now if Eva was playing the mother in a Carmen Sandiego movie I could believe it, you know that bitch got around!

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 5:47 PM

She seems savvy enough to have branched out into producing and directing.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 6:03 PM

That mother role should have gone to Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 6:14 PM

well she's doing better than the other housewives now that felicity is going to jail

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 6:26 PM

They should have all been grateful for the jobs they had, but they were too egotistical and petty.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 6:33 PM

Ah, looks and vanity. The secrets and lies we all tell each other, chipping away a bit more of our real selves with each passing day.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 7:28 PM

Ok, if Eva is Dora's mom, whose mom would the other Desperate Housewives be and of which characters? I could see Marcia Cross as Pippi Longstocking's mother in a alternative story line where she didn't die at her birth, but was repulsed by Pippi's freckled body and left, but decided to come back to her years later.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 9:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!