Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any good ideas for a weekend getaway in Wisconsin?

Do any Midwest DL’ers have any ideas of something fun to do in Wisconsin for a weekend getaway (and no, not Wisconsin Dells)? I’m in Illinois so my options are limited and I figure Wisconsin might be something different. I’ll be alone, but I just want to get away for a few days - maybe somewhere by a lake or with lots of trees around. Any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 5:10 PM

Lake Geneva is great, not far from Chicago and Milwaukee.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Buy a gun and check into a cheap motel. Then take it from there...

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 3:53 PM

R1 Any lodging recommendations? Would you stay in a hotel or cabin? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 3:53 PM

It depends on what you want to do. The Abbey in Fontana is a nice resort type place, right on the water, across the street from Fontana Beach and Chuck's which is a hopping bar in the summer.. There are also a lot of cabins if you want to have more of a woods vs. water type experience. Downtown LG town has some nice and fun bars too, so if you stay in a hotel/motel walking distance from downtown there are some places to go.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 4:53 PM

R2, will potassium cyanide do?.I'm poor, can't afford a gun right now.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 5:08 PM

Door County

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 5:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!