Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking pagent news!!! Miss World stripped of title!!!

This is big!!

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 4:25 AM

Look how upset I am. I've spelled pageant wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 3:02 AM

You can't tell us why or at least provide a link?

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 3:21 AM

She's not Miss World - she was Miss Michigan, a finalist.

[quote]Kathy Zhu, who was born in China and moved to the United States at the age of 5, tweeted about hijab-wearing and gun violence in tweets that have subsequently been deleted. One read:

[quote]There is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus. So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?

[quote]Another offending tweet read as follows: Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.

An interesting collision of points.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 3:22 AM

Where did she place in the pageant? Or hasn't it been held yet.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 3:27 AM

My sister was Miss Georgia World. She twirled a fire baton and caught and that was the night the lights went out in Georgia!!

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 3:28 AM

Was she 86'd for what she said or that she should have realized "pageant girls" must always be extremely diplomatic and not risk offending anyone by expressing any remotely controversial views no matter how inane they may seem to her. In other words bland is always less risky. She doesn't represent herself, she's PR for her state.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 3:32 AM

Oh look another Asian female who forget she’s Asian and speaks like a racist white male surprise surprise.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 3:35 AM

R7

[QUOTE]and speaks like a racist white male

You asshole

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 4:10 AM

Pointing out far too much reality that people have been socially inculcated by media and government to remain silent about. Poor woman is just another victim of the thought police.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 4:20 AM

R7 So many Asians are so desperate to be accepted by whites they’ll go to any lengths to make them happy

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 4:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!