Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyonce’s new flop album The Gift” Projected For 13-18K US Sales, 50-70K Total US Units

Still a major flop despite being HUGELY supported The LION King.

Old hag Madonna’s latest album MadameX sold 95k in its first week and bitch is her dog years and in 37 years of her career.

“According to Hits Daily Double, “The Gift” is currently projected to sell 13-18K pure US copies this week. With units from track sales and streams included, it may generate 50-70K in total first-week consumption”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291July 31, 2019 2:35 PM

Nobody cares about these old broads anymore. Time away and children have finished them with the buying public.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2019 12:42 AM

Never got her.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2019 12:43 AM

She’s still wealthy beyond belief. She should just hang it up and enjoy all the things she worked so hard for.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 12:43 AM

R3 she does whatever she wants because she is wealthy beyond belief. That’s freedom. You can do anything.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 12:47 AM

R4, wouldn’t I like to know.

But, she *can’t* hang it up and enjoy that money, because money isn’t the point, for her. She’s a workaholic and I suppose she’s become addicted to fame. That’s why she’s a famous bazillionaire and I’m not.

If I had her money, no one would ever see me again. Except at bookstores and bakeries and beaches.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 12:58 AM

She had hoped the album would be as big as Whitney’s The Bodyguard 😂😂😂

From Hits

At this point it appears that Ed Sheeran will repeat at #1 😂😂😂 in his second week, and Beyoncé's inspired-by set, Lion King: The Gift, will battle a resurgent Billie Eilish—now approaching her 17th week—for the #2 spot 🤣🤣🤣. As for Disney’s actual Lion King soundtrack, so far the film's explosive box office has not translated into mega-streams and/or sales, but we'll keep a close eye on the situation. That said, Bey's Gift is #1 at iTunes and the official ST is #4.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 1:01 AM

All music these days seems to suck.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 1:04 AM

Her name while promoting the Lion King should be: King-Kong-Ce. She's bloody bigger than Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 1:14 AM

R8: Oof. No, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 1:20 AM

Maybe greediness back fires on her ? why the need for releasing 2 albums? in fairness to her, at least she didnt bundled it with anything like others did. lol. Can you imagine if she bundled it with TLK movie tickets? And I bet Billboard will let her get away with it too. Felt sorry for her Beehive fans who are gloating that she will easily bettered Gaga's ASIB.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 1:22 AM

She’s officially OVA and she’s not even 40 yet if her fake age counts

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 2:36 AM

She's literally Satan.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 2:54 AM

MARY! R12

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 3:23 AM

She’s not over. She’s getting ready for her second life as Blur Ivy Carter’s stage mom.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 3:40 AM

I’m glad this bitch is finally fading out of popularity. Long overdue.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2019 4:15 AM

She’s pretty r2. That and a lot of polish got her a long way.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 4:21 AM

No, she’s not pretty. She’s also getting fat and ages quickly.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2019 4:36 AM

Gaga's ASIB soundtrack was near perfection. Her best album, IMHO. This Beyonce's album feels dated. Even worse, it's boring.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2019 5:10 AM

BuyOnce is covered in flop dust. She will continue to get fatter by the minute, and have ambien sex with with fugly Camel Joe.

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2019 5:38 AM

Has Jay-Z commented yet from Tidal HQ?

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2019 5:47 AM

People already have the original Lion King soundtrack. Can You Feel the Love Tonight and Circle of Life are still widely played today.

Beyoncé didn't bring a great new song. Elton and Tim Rice's songs are too memorable.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2019 5:52 AM

Her and Jay Z are overrated, wish they would go away and count their money. But I have a feeling their spawn is going to get foisted on us.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2019 5:52 AM

She is probably planning a Destiny's Child reunion album, which will be massive if it ever happens because they are such a 2000s nostalgia act. She can tour for eternity just like Frankie Beverly and MAZE, without even covering her own solo catalog. Beyonce has it made bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2019 6:16 AM

Beyonce was better in Destiny's Child in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2019 7:39 AM

From what I read on Twitter, that's an Afrobeat album, so its performance maybe doesn't say much about her career.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2019 7:52 AM

Flop is flop. GP are just not interested in her anymore. She’s an arrogant person considering she’s not a “bright” and academically educated person.

She doesn’t follow anyone on IG or Twitter. She has never given any interviews nor has she ever complimented other female artists (except Madonna of course). Hopefully her last two majorly flopped albums will give her a wake up call.

Beyoncé, you are no longer young and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2019 12:23 PM

Queen whut?

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2019 12:26 PM

[quote] Her and Jay Z are overrated

Oh DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2019 12:34 PM

Her Twitter stans are absolutely delusional and can't stand the fact that she's OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2019 1:03 PM

She’s not over. She brings in millions upon millions on tours. She doesn’t need albums.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2019 2:15 PM

R30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 4:09 PM

Problem with Bey is she began to believe in her own hype. Then nothing she did was tinged with any nuance or intelligence, even her foray into social issues through music was more slogans than deeply reflective. Recently she’s come to embrace the fact that she’s a big girl instead of going on vegan fasts to lose weight before gaining everything back and more. Fine, whatever, she’s always been thicc even when she was at her slimmest circa Austin Powers movie. But now she’s styling herself way wrong, as if she could compete with Diana Ross in her heyday wearing all those extra, flowing fabric. On Bey it looks ridiculous because we know she’s trying to detract us from focusing on her figure with the excess fabric. Worse thing is she’s become too serious, not a good thing particularly as she’s uneducated and far from a deep thinker. Her fans’ online behavior do not help endear her to neutral public. I still like some of her older hits though.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 4:09 PM

When the queens in RuPaul's Drag Race can't imitate you because there's nothing interesting or memorable about you, you're OVER!

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 4:40 PM

She needs to do a straight up Beyonce album and much will be restored.

No Beyonce fan wants to hear her singing with Jay Z or singing Lion King songs.

We want another Lemonade.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2019 4:59 PM

I'm committing infidelities as fast as I can! I'm only one man!

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2019 5:04 PM

When Beyonce was the best thing since sliced bread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2019 5:11 PM

R36 That’s one of her problems - she’s still doing those same tired dance moves where she just sways back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2019 5:20 PM

Beyoncé is a good dancer.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2019 7:32 PM

IMO She is a better dancer than she is a singer, even though she can do both. She has natural rhythm and makes even the simplest movements like @ r36 look sexier than if anyone else was doing them.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2019 7:41 PM

It will be interesting to see how Gaga's upcoming album does without a big movie to help promote it. ASIB was her first hit album in years. She's bigger than Beyonce in Europe, so it will definitely do better over there.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 7:57 PM

R12 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 8:01 PM

Bey may have overstuffed the stocking.

In just the last 3 years, she's had Lemonade, the Carters (with that fugly ass husband of hers), the live Homecoming tour, and now this. Probably too much.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 8:02 PM

For awhile, she was virtually worshipped. She can afford the best songwriters and producers and marketers. So her music probably isn't any lower quality that it was before.

So, why aren't people buying her music? Were her fans teens who've now grown up? Have the masses moved on to Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande? Or, someone else?

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2019 8:03 PM

Bey is big in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2019 8:05 PM

Bey is big.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2019 8:09 PM

What took so long for fans to turn on her. There was the Earth Mother persona a couple years ago, the weird name she gave her son. And don't forget about that bizarre near nude photo of her holding her newborn twins.

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2019 8:16 PM

Fans didn’t turn on her. Wtf. Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2019 8:21 PM

[quote]Bey is big in Europe.

Somehow I'm skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2019 8:26 PM

I'm not sure she has "embraced" her walrus look. I watched that London Lion King "premier" as it was pretty much happening, and they couldn't photoshop the pics fast enough. She is huge and her face is loaded.

She dances like an expensive cheerleader and maintains her forever overall pageant style.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2019 8:30 PM

[quote]She can afford the best songwriters and producers and marketers. So her music probably isn't any lower quality that it was before.

I beg to differ. Her music was much better when she first went solo and when she was with Destiny's Child. Like a lot of pop stars, it went downhill when she started to take herself too seriously and thought she had something of substance to offer the public.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2019 8:33 PM

A Lion King-themed Beyonce album sounds a bit niche.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2019 8:34 PM

Also the album is very “African” centric. Most wont care about it.

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Beyoncé’s been big in Europe since the early 00s. People on here love to lie and re-write history.

ITV even did “A Night With Beyoncé” special because she was so popular, her first TV special.

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2019 8:38 PM

r53 Britney Spears was in Europe in the early 2000s. She's not big today.

I'd rather hear a European comment on this subject. As a non-American, it's been my impression that the overhyping of Beyoncé is something that only happens in the US.

by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2019 8:44 PM

She may not be “overhyped” in the UK but that doesn’t mean she’s not famous.

by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2019 8:51 PM

Beyonce should do an album of Aretha Franklin covers and call it "The Queen Sings Aretha".

by Anonymousreply 56July 23, 2019 8:52 PM

Beyoncé ís huuuge in Japan

by Anonymousreply 57July 23, 2019 9:47 PM

Beyoncé couldn't get a Number One album????

Way to go, Madame X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 23, 2019 9:51 PM

R58 Vadge had a number one (that broke the records of the fastest falling album of both a female artist AND solo artist) only because she inflated sales by automatically including it with tickets, which Beyonce did not do.

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2019 1:33 AM

Only because Beyonce isn't doing a tour with her album!

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2019 1:40 AM

Beyoncé is the voice of our generation. The greatest performer of all time.

Although she doesn't give interviews and has co-writes with 70 other people on one song, she is obviously one of the most intelligent and talented songwriters ever.

The reasons she doesn't give interviews is because it would be too much for us to hear her views on social issues. She's too intelligent even for her own Beyhive.

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2019 1:48 AM

Beyonce could be a cyborg and we would never know.

by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2019 1:53 AM

Hmm, that would explain the complete lack of personality and the robotic dance moves.

by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2019 1:54 AM

The only way a has-been acts can get #1 album is via bundling. Beyonce should know better.

by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2019 2:00 AM

We're still available, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2019 2:03 AM

Beyonce has a figure that's made for caftans now, caftans with yards and yards of fabric draped strategically across certain problem areas on her body.

by Anonymousreply 66July 24, 2019 2:05 AM

Beyonce's music is not big in Europe anymore, to suggest otherwise is false. Her songs and albums don't do well anymore. She's still big as a performer, and her tours do very well, but her music doesn't.

Gaga, on the other hand, is still quite big in Europe. She can still chart well over there. She's a bigger international star than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 67July 24, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]Then nothing she did was tinged with any nuance or intelligence, even her foray into social issues through music was more slogans than deeply reflective.

Because she's dumb. D-U-M-B dumb. In interviews, she appears to be mildly retarded. Like, Britney-level stupid.

by Anonymousreply 68July 24, 2019 2:27 AM

R68 thank you. I’m all about people doing well and doing right. At the same time I cringe when she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 69July 24, 2019 2:34 AM

^^^At least Britney can blame her hillbilly defective genes and mental illness, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 70July 24, 2019 2:35 AM

Madame X is very intelligent and witty in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 71July 24, 2019 2:37 AM

Say what child

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2019 2:43 AM

Are there any examples of Beyonce being interviewed where she comes across as borderline developmentally challenged?

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2019 2:46 AM

No r73. She’s just robotic. Everything she says is PC and rehearsed almost. She’s smarter than you guys wanna believe. No controversy to hurt her brand.

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote] No [R73]. She’s just robotic. Everything she says is PC and rehearsed almost. She’s smarter than you guys wanna believe. No controversy to hurt her brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2019 3:01 AM

No controversy? Her husband screws anything thst stands still and she uses her "music" to reprimand him. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2019 3:04 AM

The Got2BReal videos had a lot of fun with Beyonce. They always portrayed her as being a complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 77July 24, 2019 3:05 AM

lmao @ 2:15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 24, 2019 3:44 AM

A dumb and uneducated black woman who bleached her skin and dyed her hair blonde. She must be ashamed of being black. Just saying

by Anonymousreply 79July 24, 2019 3:58 AM

Gaga's definitely bigger than Bey in Europe, Oceania, and South America. Bey is bigger here and Asia.

by Anonymousreply 80July 24, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote]The reasons she doesn't give interviews is because it would be too much for us to hear her views on social issues.

That is totally absurd. The reason she doesn't give interviews is that she'd sound like the uneducated dimwit that she is. She'd get her subject-verb agreements mixed up, say "axed" instead of "asked" and just generally sound as though she were advocating for Ebonics.

I'm not a big Madonna fan but at least she's intelligent and moderately well spoken, more so than any other pop artist, anyway. Christ, next to Beyonce Madonna sounds like an Oxoniensis while Beyonce just sounds strait outta Compton.

by Anonymousreply 81July 24, 2019 5:56 AM

Beyonce has what is essentially a 6th grade education.

by Anonymousreply 82July 24, 2019 7:21 AM

R79 she didn’t bleach her skin. It’s all about makeup and lighting you dumb fuck.

Another white trash human showing HIS lack of education.

Her race has NOTHING to do with anything. You just exposed yourself.

Beyoncé’s education is no less than those other pop stars.

by Anonymousreply 83July 24, 2019 9:02 AM

Madonna is a dumb woman's version of a smart woman.

Smart women don't talk like 14-year-olds on social media, don't use grills, and don't adopt unnatural accents in a desperate bid to look sophisticated.

See the video where she drops the word reductive to describe Gaga. She was so full of herself for such a trivial display of vocabulary. Like a precocious preteen. But ofc, she was in her 50s.

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2019 9:11 AM

Beyoncé didn't have a real hit since Single Ladies a decade ago.

She's more known for being Beyoncé than for her music now and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2019 9:16 AM

Drunk in Love went to #2 on the Top 40. That’s a hit r85

by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2019 11:44 AM

I think calling something that people pay for, The Gift, is a bit smug.

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2019 11:54 AM

R84 is reductive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 24, 2019 12:34 PM

I feel sorry for her. I really do. I cannot root for her failure like I have seen many others do. It must hurt to put your heart and soul into creating something deep and meaningful only for people to not give a shit and be completely disinterested. I don't understand how this could have happened. Beyoncé is one of the most beloved stars of our generation, everybody adores the original Lion King and couldn't wait to see the remake, so it should've been foolproof. But something went wrong. I guess nobody can succeed at everything.

Hopefully they will at least remember her when award season comes around. I think she deserves Grammy nominations for this music and an Oscar one for Best Original Song too.

by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2019 12:38 PM

I can’t feel sorry for anyone with her net worth.

She’s obviously ambitious and hardworking but it is grating how she insists on presenting herself as the artist who does it all. Her songwriting/choreography theft has been widely reported so I really don’t know why she bothers. She’s a phenomenal performer redgardless.

by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2019 1:34 PM

Lol at R88.

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2019 2:31 PM

What Beyonce proves when she opens her mouth and talks more than 2 minutes about serious issues is that education does matter. Same thing with Jennifer Lawrence who sounds like a middle school dropout which she is too.

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2019 3:26 PM

Madonna and Streisand made their fortunes by themselves. Beyonce got rich and super famous because of Jay Z. She would have gone the way of Janet Jackson had she not married him. She's not smart enough on her own.

by Anonymousreply 93July 24, 2019 4:23 PM

R93 Janet had an amazing career at one point. Stfu.

by Anonymousreply 94July 24, 2019 4:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 24, 2019 4:35 PM

[quote]Janet had an amazing career at one point. Stfu.

She's been over for YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 96July 24, 2019 4:38 PM

Madge is over, Janet is over, and Beyonce will be over soon. They'll never been at the top like they were in their heydays. Madge gets more attention for her plastic surgery these days. Janet had her moment for sure but now IDK with that weird marriage/ baby with donor egg at age 50 and obvious struggles with weight. Beyonce is no longer the hot young thing and her fugly husband cheats on her constantly so that she has to comeback at him through songs.

by Anonymousreply 97July 24, 2019 4:43 PM

Beyonce weighs more than Adele now. She's gotten huge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2019 4:55 PM

What I don't understand about that ghastly yellow gown is why did she showcase her chunky thigh/ leg? You can actually see her cellulites, she's on her way to being Oprah-size.

by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2019 5:22 PM

It looks like she is retaining fluid, health issue or possible pregnancy?

Either way she has the coveted coke bottle shape that men love, so she can gain weight and still be a dime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2019 5:40 PM

R100 Her waist lacks definition and is definitely over 30 inches in that latest photo at the premiere. It's not healthy to have weight gain like that and at such young age. I under body positive and all that, but Black women have the highest obesity rates and T2 diabetes which leads to early death. I wish more influential Black celebrities would speak out about this, a real but silent killer for Black-Americans. I'm not even saying it's her job to do it or that she's way obese (she's overweight borderline obese from the looks of it) but I'm reading some troubling comments from her fans online saying it's okay to be overweight/ obese.

by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2019 5:48 PM

well r101 shes not a spring chicken either, the woman is almost 40 and she's been on the scene since the 90s. She looks like most women in her age range who have had a couple of kids.

Im sure she will lose this weight many times over like Janet. People like Beyonce have the luxury of being fat today and slim next week, as they have access to the best trainers, nutritionists and doctors money can buy. Not concerned for her at all.

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2019 6:06 PM

Lol at people acting like she’s obese.

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 103July 24, 2019 6:58 PM

I'm sure R193 does the same thing with Mariah and Janet but thinks Beyoncé should not be discussed that way.

by Anonymousreply 104July 24, 2019 8:02 PM

r103 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 24, 2019 8:11 PM

Another black woman who wishes to be white cuz she is ashamed of being black.

Her last three albums flopped hard and she’s officially oval. I still remember cunty Madonna released COADF when she was 46 years old and it has sold over 11 mil copies ww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Let's not also forget MADAME X hitting NUMBER ONE right before Madonna turns 61!

"We need to wake up!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 25, 2019 12:31 AM

R106 she doesn’t wish to be white. If she did Formation would never have happened.

You’re just a racist always going on and on about black People. No one here is bashing her because of her race as she’s a generic pop star but you have to keep on with race.

by Anonymousreply 108July 25, 2019 12:33 AM

Beyonce is a basic bitch

by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2019 12:35 AM

R78 like this video too. Her luggage comment always kills me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2019 12:37 AM

I don't know her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2019 12:38 AM

Why are we comparing her to Madonna vs. her peers aka the pop stars she came up with in the late 90s/ early 00s during the TRL era?

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2019 12:38 AM

Because her stans seem to think she is the Messiah

by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2019 12:41 AM

What peers?

Alicia Keys? India.Arie? Vivian Green?

J-LO???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2019 12:42 AM

R114 you’re seriously racist.

Alicia’s Keys is a peer but the other two were FAR from pop stars on TRL like Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2019 12:44 AM

Did that racist asshole just compare 1999 Destinys Child (that was all pop and semi-Hip Hop music) to India Arie and Vivian Green? Why? Because they’re black? None of them are alike. Stupid fucking ass.

by Anonymousreply 116July 25, 2019 12:47 AM

Michelle Branch? Vanessa Carlton?

Willa Ford? Hilary Duff?

Cher? Xtina?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 25, 2019 12:48 AM

Here’s a photo of Beyoncé (Destinys Child) with their peers. These were the biggest stars of that time in music (Backstreet Boys didn’t come to the shoot but were wanted).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 25, 2019 12:49 AM

Beyoncé was around years before any of the artists r117 mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 119July 25, 2019 12:50 AM

Minus Cher and Christina, of course. Cher came in the 60s and Xtina the same time as Destinys Child.

by Anonymousreply 120July 25, 2019 12:51 AM

Who is the Black Woman sitting behind Britney?

She’s a peer?

by Anonymousreply 121July 25, 2019 12:56 AM

“Beyoncé revealed her inspirations when she held a special screening of her “visual album” at the School of Visual Arts in New York City on Saturday.

The “XO” singer addressed the crowd, saying, “I felt like I wanted to follow in the footsteps of Madonna and be a powerhouse and have my own empire.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 25, 2019 12:57 AM

R118 lol at Carson's face.

by Anonymousreply 123July 25, 2019 12:57 AM

Lenny Kravitz had a lot of hits with teenage America in the late 90s, so he was placed with them because he was a TRL fixture in the beginning with the young stars. Same as Diddy

by Anonymousreply 124July 25, 2019 12:58 AM

Jessica Simpson? Jewel?

Melanie B? Emma Bunton?

Missy Elliott? Lauryn Hill?

by Anonymousreply 125July 25, 2019 1:00 AM

Destiny Chile

by Anonymousreply 126July 25, 2019 1:05 AM

Is Solange a peer?

Sporty Spice?

by Anonymousreply 127July 25, 2019 1:10 AM

No, Solange has only recently been getting more attention with her music.

by Anonymousreply 128July 25, 2019 1:18 AM

I have Solange music from the Early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 129July 25, 2019 1:26 AM

Oh fuck some people on here are trying to make Gaga a thing. Gaga couldn't even make her movie an event like the Bodyguard or Evita. Gaga had to have Cooper and a movie soundtrack to get a hit album because the ugly bitch can't do it on her own. The general public has been over Gaga for 8 years, even with that movie. Yet people are ho-hum about her still. She will never be in Beyonce's league. Beyonce can tour with the best like Madonna and pull in those types of numbers. Beyonce does anything and it is instantly everywhere, everyone is talking about her. Gaga? Nope. Miss Try Hard is always begging for attention, walking out of hotels (after calling the paps) in ridiculous outfits. What nutjob does that? Gaga, that's who. Gaga is mentally deranged. Beyonce is not. Beyonce gets attention naturally while Gaga has to payola it and beg for it.

And Gaga is old now. She's over 30. No one cares about her ugly, botoxed, filler filled Joker face.

by Anonymousreply 130July 25, 2019 1:31 AM

Gaga has to beard for closet queens Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner.

by Anonymousreply 131July 25, 2019 1:38 AM

r126

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 25, 2019 2:06 AM

Beyoncé's last three albums did not flop. Self-titled and Lemonade were huge. There's still resentment that Lemonade lost to Adele's 25 for Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards, something even Adele would agree with.

by Anonymousreply 133July 25, 2019 2:12 AM

R131, no big deal if you aren't into Gaga. But the ASIB has sold nearly 5 million albums WW. Most likely end up with 6 or 7 million. That's huge these days. Shallow has sold nearly 11 million WW. She was nominated for every damn acting award. Shallow is the most awarded song in history (surpassing Bey's Formation). ASIB was a mega hit. Not quite sure why you're slagging her.

by Anonymousreply 134July 25, 2019 2:20 AM

r134 Who cares. Taylor fucking Swift wins every award known to man. Does that make her great? Gaga fucking sucks. And that album is not a Gaga album. It is a soundtrack and Cooper was a huge part of it. The song was ALL Mark Ronson. As for the movie, it wasn't even an event. Michael fucking Myers overshadowed it. It didn't even hit #1 at the box office here. Beyonce can act and sing better than Gaga. Beyonce has 20 times the awards Gaga could ever hope. Gaga is not popular. Her stans keep bringing her name into conversations like she belongs but she doesn't.

Meanwhile, Beyonce is just voicing a part in Lion King and the media attention is deafening. That's a true star not some try hard wanna be C-list pop girl like gaga.

by Anonymousreply 135July 25, 2019 3:48 AM

R135, really?

Beyoncé is a better actor than Gaga? No.

Gaga isn’t popular? No.

Gaga is C- list? No.

Just go to bed. That post is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 136July 25, 2019 3:51 AM

Beyonce, Taylor, Katy, Cardi, Camillo, Billie, Nikki, Ariana and a dozen other pop girls far outshine Gagy. Gags isn't even near the top of her own peer group. Who will she latch onto next time to? Back with Ronson to beg for hits? Tony again? Janet has more star power than Gags.

by Anonymousreply 137July 25, 2019 3:52 AM

r136 Don't come for Beyonce. You wanna talk awards, sales, touring and acting, LG is nowhere near as popular as B. Check back when LG can do something on her own. Is she off drugs finally? Why is she shooting her face full of botox and fillers? Beyonce don't have to do that.

Get that stank that is Gaga off Beyonce. Beyonce doesn't need a team to payola great PR.

by Anonymousreply 138July 25, 2019 3:55 AM

You wanna look at awards and sales, LGaga is going to have a hard time in this world. She is just not thought of as cool. She really is the epitome of try hard. She does everything with awards in mind. That is all she wants. I think she has Borderline Personality Disorder for sure.

by Anonymousreply 139July 25, 2019 4:08 AM

Good couldn’t haopen to a bigger phony! fugga is next! Bitches need to be irrelevant!

by Anonymousreply 140July 25, 2019 4:34 AM

[Quote] Why is she shooting her face full of botox and fillers? Beyonce don't have to do that.

Are you sure about that??

by Anonymousreply 141July 25, 2019 4:35 AM

Beyoncé definitely is starting with collagen and fillers. Look at her mother to see what she'll look like in 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 142July 25, 2019 4:42 AM

R136, you’re fucking insane. I never came for Beyoncé. I said she’s not as good an actress as Gaga. That’s not coming for someone, you fucking lunatic.

Why do you idiots have to trash Gaga to elevate Beyoncé, or vice versa? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 143July 25, 2019 4:56 AM

She is over but it will be just 8 years or so untill her camel faced daughter is shoved down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 144July 25, 2019 4:57 AM

There were more writers on this album then the people that bought it. Only 949 people bought it in the UK LOL

by Anonymousreply 145July 25, 2019 6:25 AM

[Quote] to elevate Beyoncé

Come again??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 25, 2019 7:07 AM

[quote]Beyonce can act and sing better than Gaga. Beyonce has 20 times the awards Gaga could ever hope. Gaga is not popular. Her stans keep bringing her name into conversations like she belongs but she doesn't.

We are witnessing the birth of Beybot...

by Anonymousreply 147July 25, 2019 10:57 AM

R146 she’s just standing in the clip. Solange is the one beating Jay. Probably cause he cheated.

by Anonymousreply 148July 25, 2019 11:24 AM

Beyonce face was so loaded she couldn't smile, and her lips are deformed, maybe temporary but the upper one is messed up. I said upthread they couldn't photoshop fast enough, we all saw it. That gold dress looked like a bolt of toweling that ran out too soon. I would never say this, but Jay comparatively looked alright.

by Anonymousreply 149July 25, 2019 11:50 AM

[quote]We are witnessing the birth of Beybot...

This is so exciting!

We must facilitate his growth!

It's doubtful Beyoncé will be getting Number One Albums and Number One Dance Hits at age 60 like the real Queen, Madame X!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 25, 2019 12:29 PM

[quote]Stevie Nicks has spoken out against pop stars in the past, but she has nothing but love for Beyonce.

[quote]“Beyonce’s great,” the 65-year-old Fleetwood Mac singer told The Telegraph. “She’s got her alter ego [her stage persona, Sasha Fierce], but Beyonce the girl, the woman, is very sweet and nice and polite. She’s a good role model. She’s not skanky. I’m glad we have her.”

SHE'S NOT SKANKY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 25, 2019 12:45 PM

[quote]It's doubtful Beyoncé will be getting Number One Albums and Number One Dance Hits at age 60 like the real Queen, Madame X!

R150, Baybot’s straw man of choice is Gaga, not Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 152July 25, 2019 3:55 PM

And Madonna’s COADF was released when Madonna was 46 yo and it has sold over 10 mil copies ww

by Anonymousreply 153July 25, 2019 4:15 PM

Welcome to the DL, our newly minted BeyBot! Please tell us again how much more talented Bey is than Gaga. I need the drug of standom!

by Anonymousreply 154July 25, 2019 4:58 PM

Stevie likes both Beyoncé and Gaga.

Don't we have a Gagastan here, too? Gagbot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 25, 2019 5:16 PM

Usually the BeyBot uses phrases like 'y'all' and 'old white men' or 'gramps' more often.

by Anonymousreply 156July 25, 2019 9:38 PM

Don't like Bey or Gaga. Both overrated asf. Gaga isn't in the convo as she is not relevant as far as the biggest hit makers. She got lucky with the movie. Her solo stuff flops.

Bey is overrated but she has the touring and sales. She has a gazillion awards. She gets nominated for everything she does. She'll get a song Oscar for adding a word like Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 157July 25, 2019 10:20 PM

Bey stans are very predictable in who they direct vitriol against, now it's mainly Gaga because she's coming off of a great year with ASIB. If Madge was selling lights out both album and touring, Bey stans would be after her too. It's whoever poses the greatest perceived threat to Bey as popular female entertainer/ singer, that's pretty much it. Not a fan of either Gaga or Bey.

by Anonymousreply 158July 25, 2019 10:24 PM

Hahahahaha Bey stans would not go after Gaga. She was brought up by a Gaga stan which is why she was blasted. No, Ariana, Cardi, Camilla, Katy, Billie are the ones Bey stans go after. And they still go after Madonna since Madame X hit #1 so Bey has to release more to catch her plus they want to catch Madonna in touring since album sales is out of reach.

Bey stans go after, in order- Madonna, Ariana, Taylor, Cardi then it is a mix of Billie, Katy, Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 159July 25, 2019 10:28 PM

Smell r159, laying out the Rules!

by Anonymousreply 160July 25, 2019 10:31 PM

In the scheme of things, Gaga is not in the equation when you think of popular artists. She doesn't resonate with the general public even with a hit movie.

Bey is showing signs of public fatigue. Though she crushes Gaga in any category, Bey is waning right now though the media attention she gets and the fawning she receives is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 161July 25, 2019 10:41 PM

My understanding is that she’s illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 162July 25, 2019 10:49 PM

[quote]No Beyonce fan wants to hear her singing with Jay Z or singing Lion King songs

Next up will be songs featuring that hideous Blue Ivory demon child.

by Anonymousreply 163July 25, 2019 10:50 PM

gurl mess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 25, 2019 11:03 PM

No one is more successful except Madonna and QB is coming for her crown.

by Anonymousreply 165July 25, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote]QB is coming for her crown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 25, 2019 11:09 PM

I've hated Blue Ivy since that episode of RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 167July 25, 2019 11:10 PM

I can't see 166 or 167 must be a Bey hater........

by Anonymousreply 168July 25, 2019 11:15 PM

Can't stand Madge but her heyday of fame was on such scale that couldn't be duplicated today. Today there are more interests beside MTV that influenced pop culture. Madge was famous all over the world and reached more demographics than Bey could ever imagine.

by Anonymousreply 169July 25, 2019 11:18 PM

r169 Bullshit! Bey is on Madonna's level but it just sucks albums don't sell. But don't lie like Bey ain't up there with Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 170July 25, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote]But don't lie like Bey ain't up there with Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 25, 2019 11:25 PM

Can't see 171

by Anonymousreply 172July 25, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote]Can't see 171

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 25, 2019 11:30 PM

I don't know if Beyonce will ever be on Madonna's level fame or success wise, but everyone drools over her. Everything she does gets tons of awards and incessant praise. It seems like everyone loves her. I hardly ever read a critical word about her.

by Anonymousreply 174July 25, 2019 11:33 PM

The "Tidal" service that Jay Z owns/owned gave her huge, overinflated sales. I also think she and Jay Z buy up lots of CDs in order to increase her sales.

The fanbase for her music is just not there. It's all imaginary. Her Netflix show only was watched one million times. That's not a lot. The Sandra Bullock and Jenny Anniston Netflix movies all got like 100 million views on the first weekend of their film debuts.

Beyoncé is truly the King with no Clothes. A shame that big brands like Addidas are spending big buck in order to get dollars from her non-existent/imaginary fan base.

by Anonymousreply 175July 25, 2019 11:50 PM

r175 I don't buy that. She is very popular. Look at her tours. I think she is vastly overrated, though. She's more talented that the very overrated Gaga but Beyonce is at least popular and whatever she does makes news. She has to be the most awarded female artist ever at this point. She'll get an Oscar for song if not for Lion King then soon after. She would have won the acting Oscar for ASIB if she did the movie whether she deserved it or not. She wins everything.

She won't catch Madonna in touring esp if Madonna does a Greatest Hits tour.

by Anonymousreply 176July 25, 2019 11:55 PM

Beybot needs to have a little of Beyoncé's ALLEGED hundreds of awards, like Vadgestan/Madonna Loon has list after list of Madame X's accomplishments.

All those tour numbers and how much each album sold, plus every award and recognition.

I'm sure Madge has more honors from GAY associations that QB, right?

by Anonymousreply 177July 26, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote][R169] Bullshit! Bey is on Madonna's level but it just sucks albums don't sell. But don't lie like Bey ain't up there with Madonna.

Some people really don't seem to understand how huge Madonna was. Beyonce is nowhere close, and most probably will never be. The reason being that her material isn't very strong. Say what you will about Madonna but she's got a huge number of catchy pop songs that even people who doesn't like her know. With Beyonce I can think of two: Crazy in Love and the super annoying Single Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 178July 26, 2019 12:08 AM

The country of Norway sued Tidal for falsely inflating the streaming numbers for Beyonce and Kanye West. Neither one of them can give their albums away today, so Jay Z lied about how many streams they got to make it look like their albums were a lot more successful than they really were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 26, 2019 12:10 AM

No one will ever be Madonna level of fame.

The closest we’ve had to it was Britney from 99-04 and Gaga from 09-11 or ‘12

by Anonymousreply 180July 26, 2019 12:10 AM

R179 WHO CARES. You bring that up over and over. That’s just one album.

by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2019 12:11 AM

r178 I think they mean Beyonce is more successful than any of the other females except Madonna but that she is going to be on her level. Taylor might be close to Beyonce because Taylor also wins all the awards.

by Anonymousreply 182July 26, 2019 12:12 AM

^^ Beybot at R181 needs to be less huffy and get to work on rattling off those QB statistics!

Huffy, huffy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 26, 2019 12:13 AM

R179 - that's what I was talking about when I said Beyoncé and Jay Z inflated the sales of her albums.

Her Lion King album sold like 500 copies in UK, which has a huge black African population.

People don't REALLY like Beyoncé. That's the hard truth.

by Anonymousreply 184July 26, 2019 12:15 AM

R184 it’s not about liking BEYONCÉ. Many like BEYONCÉ. It’s about not liking this album or caring enough to buy it.

This album has a very specific sound. You’re comparing this to shit like Single Ladies and Crazy in Love. This is niche music, not mainstream pop.

And who cares what the black population in the U.K. is? You think only they like Beyoncé? Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 185July 26, 2019 12:16 AM

Albums don't sell. It is all about streaming. Only a few artists still can sell even 100k any more. You all know this. Quit trying to act like she isn't popular. The only people who can compete with her touring wise are Madonna and Taylor. Don't hate appreciate QB and all her glory.

by Anonymousreply 186July 26, 2019 12:20 AM

"Piss-ade" was garbage for many reasons, not the least of which was Wig-once's screaming and bleating.

by Anonymousreply 187July 26, 2019 12:24 AM

The Bey Bot doesn’t want truth; he blocks people who don’t like Beyoncé because he can’t stand to see an opinion that isn’t his.

by Anonymousreply 188July 26, 2019 12:25 AM

I'll never understand why the media constantly suck her dick. Yeah, she has some good songs.

As a performer, I don't think she comes close to Britney in her prime.

by Anonymousreply 189July 26, 2019 12:26 AM

Beyoncé sucks. Kelly Rowland had the most promising solo career out of all of them, as the collab single she had with Nelly was absolutely HUGE and Beyoncé was incredibly jealous of her success.

Matthew and Beyoncé worked to sabotage Kelly's career. They tricked naïve and trusting Kelly into having a teenage Solange write/produce/creatively lead the disastrous "Miss Kelly" album. Kelly even once said in an interview that she had Beyoncé "approve" all her songs, because she "trusted her."

However, 15 years ago, Kelly met "The Freemasons," an amazing UK remixing/production group who did her song "Work." Beyoncé released her poorly-received "B'Day" album (which everyone called 'bidet,' like what you use to rinse your filthy asshole after you shat) and all her songs were tanking. She employed the Freemasons who remixed like four of her songs so was able to save her career.

by Anonymousreply 190July 26, 2019 12:29 AM

She has a better catalogue than Gaga. That’s the truth.

And she busted her ass to get to the top.

I love her song Sweet Dreams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 26, 2019 12:30 AM

Rhianna exudes more natural star quality, possesses better style, and has the stronger catalog.

by Anonymousreply 192July 26, 2019 12:30 AM

R85 you missed the point; he didn’t say Black population, he said African population as in from Africa. The LK album is African-influenced, and one could assume there would be more interest in it but nope 👎🏻

by Anonymousreply 193July 26, 2019 12:30 AM

R190 B-Day sold and she had a bunch of hit singles from it.

by Anonymousreply 194July 26, 2019 12:31 AM

Beyonce is more of a media celebrity than someone who's wildly popular with a huge segment of the public.

And you can't compare anyone to Madonna at her peak. Nobody will ever be that famous or culturally relevant again.

by Anonymousreply 195July 26, 2019 12:31 AM

R193 because she’s American. Africans aren’t looking for an American to imitate their stuff.

by Anonymousreply 196July 26, 2019 12:32 AM

R187, Wigoncé looks better and we get the inference still.

R193 thinks only Africans bought the 1994 soundtrack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 26, 2019 12:32 AM

The Lion King underperformed, no matter how you want to spin it.

Beyonce has never been a huge star internationally. In non-English speaking countries she's not well-known at all.

by Anonymousreply 198July 26, 2019 12:34 AM

The Lion King 2019 is reductive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 26, 2019 12:36 AM

R198 again. That’s a LIE.

by Anonymousreply 200July 26, 2019 12:36 AM

No it's not a lie r200. You must not get out much. As much as you love Beyonce, she isn't that big of a deal on a global level. And her fame in the US has always been more hype and media manipulation than actual fans.

by Anonymousreply 201July 26, 2019 12:38 AM

A question for QB:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 26, 2019 12:38 AM

And what, r197? Bitch absolutely wears wigs, so it's not like I made up a nasty rumor about her.

by Anonymousreply 203July 26, 2019 12:38 AM

Her singles have charted ALL OVER THE WORLD since Crazy in Love went to number one in NUMEROUS countries and was top 20 in EVERY COUNTRY but France.

Her song Beautiful Liar went to number one in every major country but 2. She’s had HITS all over. She’s sold old on tours all over.

You guys make up lies to fit your own RACIST narrative all the time. The lies need to stop. The facts are all over the internet.

by Anonymousreply 204July 26, 2019 12:40 AM

R203 she has worn her real hair also. It’s curly. Her natural hair is long. She actually has nice hair racist old fruit

by Anonymousreply 205July 26, 2019 12:42 AM

Beybot at R204, it doesn't matter if the stats are all over the net.

As BEYBOT, it's your job to rattle off those statistics without hesitation. You need to commit every album and single's performance on the charts as well as all tours, solo and with those other girls.

And make sure you can compare them with Madonna, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 26, 2019 12:45 AM

You Beyonce haters need to listen- I know she is not YET bigger than Madonna. LISTEN!

But you all know she gets her ass kissed royally and it burns you. Everything she records gets great reviews and awards. She is nominated for 6 Emmys!

by Anonymousreply 207July 26, 2019 12:46 AM

If John fucking Legend can get an EGOT you know Beyonce will before she is 40. Watch. Awards are pretty useless now.

by Anonymousreply 208July 26, 2019 12:48 AM

Beyoncé did steal a lot from Mariah, didn't she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 26, 2019 12:50 AM

Oh goodie, start a Beyonce thread and the racists/bigots come out from under their rocks like the trolls that they are.

by Anonymousreply 210July 26, 2019 12:51 AM

yeah r192, but the bitch can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 211July 26, 2019 12:52 AM

Rihanna has a huge catalogue of humongous hits that she put out over a period of ten years. She and Madonna are the only ones with that many catchy songs that people actually like.

Beyoncé has one novelty song (Single Ladies) and nothing else. You can quote ten-year old obscure Beyoncé singles that no one remembers, but they weren't hits and absolutely no one would sing them at karaoke or put them on a playlist for a house party unless they're a 47-year old black dork who still lives at home or at a depilated studio apartment that they pay for with their salary from their big box store manager job.

You are better than Beyoncé. She's lame as hell. Don't stan that stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 212July 26, 2019 12:53 AM

There goes r212 making up lies some more.

Single Ladies is apparently her only hit now.

by Anonymousreply 213July 26, 2019 12:54 AM

Hey, go fuck yourself, racist at r205. Your "queen" is an illiterate cunt just like you.

by Anonymousreply 214July 26, 2019 12:57 AM

r211 Rihanna has a perfectly decent singing voice. No, she is no Aretha but I don't want her to be. Her voice is pleasant enough and not everyone has to be able to scream and bellyache to be considered a great singer. Fucking sick of that singing style. Give me a Rihanna any day.

Man, Rihanna was going to easily break the record for most #1's but she started releasing less radio friendly songs. Madonna could have easily had the most #1's but bitch sold her singles for the price of a fucking album. Didn't I read Madonna has been cock-bloked from #1 (meaning she has a lot of songs that peaked at #2) than anyone?

by Anonymousreply 215July 26, 2019 12:58 AM

I think Cleopatra were more peers to Beyoncé.

No way has QB ever come close to Britney in any terms whatsoever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 26, 2019 12:58 AM

I’m not a racist r214 and not my queen. I’m not even a fan of hers but sick of the LIES about her too. Making up shit about her because you can’t stomach a black woman being rich and successful is dumb as fuck because the facts are on the internet.

You can easily see she’s toured to sold out shows all over Europe and Asia etc. through her career.

by Anonymousreply 217July 26, 2019 12:59 AM

Meanwhile, Beyonce be like "Thanks for all the Emmys for my Live Album and concert. Thanks for all the Grammys. What am I at now, 30? 40? Keep hating and I'll keep my eye on Madonna's crown, biches.

by Anonymousreply 218July 26, 2019 1:02 AM

Why does not liking Beyoncé = racist?

by Anonymousreply 219July 26, 2019 1:07 AM

Not liking Beyoncé is fine but that’s not what’s going on here. People are acting aggressive and even making up lies about her to make her look bad or not famous.

People who don’t like Madonna don’t do that. But if it’s Beyoncé or Janet or a black artist they go insane with the lies etc.

by Anonymousreply 220July 26, 2019 1:10 AM

The Cheetah Girls VS Destiny's Child VS Cleopatra.... Who WINS???????

by Anonymousreply 221July 26, 2019 1:14 AM

Not everything is about race r220. Beyonce is just not as famous or popular as some posters are making her out to be. She's always been more hype than actual numbers.

by Anonymousreply 222July 26, 2019 1:14 AM

Ashley Ballard is a peer of Beyoncé.

Billie Piper is, too.

Robyn

Jennifer Paige

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 26, 2019 1:18 AM

The cameras love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 26, 2019 1:22 AM

Beyoncé IS very famous.

by Anonymousreply 225July 26, 2019 1:26 AM

No one can take a flight of stairs more gracefully than she does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 26, 2019 1:28 AM

Neither Beyonce nor Gaga have had a true hit in ages without help from someone. Beyonce, though, is still very relevant in music (sadly) due to touring and media adoration. She garners headlines and awards for everything, like has been mentioned. Of the younger set, only Taylor truly comes close. Taylor still has hits, though.

Like it or not, Beyonce gets love like few others.

by Anonymousreply 227July 26, 2019 1:29 AM

Yikes R226 That was before she starting lip syncing to autotuned tracks, right? She sucks!

by Anonymousreply 228July 26, 2019 1:49 AM

started, not starting

by Anonymousreply 229July 26, 2019 1:50 AM

Beyoncé fans are literally the worst. Why can't you just like her? Why does everyone have to worship her? Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 230July 26, 2019 2:08 AM

r219, not liking Beyonce is not racist. Calling her names and making fun of her AA appearance is pretty racist though and if you don't understand that, then you don't understand much.

by Anonymousreply 231July 26, 2019 2:16 AM

They’ve been going on and on about her complexion, her hair, her lips, her nose, constantly bringing up her “race”, etc. but they think the issue is that they don’t like her?

No, it’s WHY you don’t like her and you’re making it obvious.

by Anonymousreply 232July 26, 2019 2:18 AM

I like Beyoncé but I think she's a narcissist. Kelly Rowland is far more talented, has a much more enjoyable vocal tone, and is more beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 233July 26, 2019 2:29 AM

Beyonce peaked some time ago. She's almost 40 and it's all downhill from now on.

by Anonymousreply 234July 26, 2019 2:33 AM

R233 Rowland can’t sing live.

by Anonymousreply 235July 26, 2019 2:34 AM

Nobody thinks of Beyonce as a black woman anymore. She hasnt been one in years.

by Anonymousreply 236July 26, 2019 2:41 AM

Beyoncé is and will always be black. See r236 you just can’t help it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 237July 26, 2019 2:43 AM

Why does everyone always mention age when they attempt to attack a female singer? Sadly, they are all using botox and fillers as young as their teens. Your faves will age, too.

Beyonce gets a shit load of awards. Why? If she sucks.

It isn't anyone on here who is worshipping her it is the media and other celebs. Look how Adele practically gave away her Album of the Year award to Beyonce. Why does every do that for her and why does she get so many awards? Awards, in general, mean nothing now. They are so watered down.

by Anonymousreply 238July 26, 2019 2:45 AM

Christina got the voice but the wrong attitude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 26, 2019 2:52 AM

She's fabulous!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 26, 2019 2:54 AM

r239 HORRIBLE. Aretha had a voice and knew how to use it not over sing like a fucking nutjob. American Idol and the Voice have ruined us as far as singing goes. Christina oversings the fuck out of a song. Who can enjoy that? Like Jennifer hudson- yeah technically she has a great voice but I HATE her voice.

As soon as someone starts oversing, I stop listening. Singing loud and running the octaves does not make you a great singer nor does it connect with the lyrics. It is the equivalent of an actor chewing the scenery.

by Anonymousreply 241July 26, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote]Why does everyone always mention age when they attempt to attack a female singer? Sadly, they are all using botox and fillers as young as their teens. Your faves will age, too.

Because they're past their sell-by date as far as peak popularity goes, and it annoys their fans.

by Anonymousreply 242July 26, 2019 3:11 AM

r242 How does it annoy their fans and how old are you if that is your end game? They are all getting older. They all get old. You probably stan someone old ( and by old in todays standards the kids say 29 and up). I guess if it gets you off but all it does is make you look stupid. Once you reach a certain level, you have no sell by date.

by Anonymousreply 243July 26, 2019 3:16 AM

We have a Beyonce stan now? Good lord. Are there any gay men left on this site?

by Anonymousreply 244July 26, 2019 3:22 AM

[quote]As soon as someone starts oversing, I stop listening. Singing loud and running the octaves does not make you a great singer nor does it connect with the lyrics. It is the equivalent of an actor chewing the scenery.

Thank you. Now maybe you can tell this to the hordes of Barbra Streisand fans on DL?

by Anonymousreply 245July 26, 2019 3:26 AM

Those sales numbers are hugely embarrassing. I have a multi Grammy winning friend in classical who sells more albums than Beyoncé does. Lolol.

by Anonymousreply 246July 26, 2019 3:28 AM

Ariana Grande, who has #1 after #1, only sold 116,000 albums her first week. Madonna sold 95,000. Albums are not selling. One of the albums in the top 5 only sold around 500 copies yet its streaming numbers were super high. That is the world, now.

Streisand doesn't oversing like the others and she has a rare talent to actually connect with the lyrics. It's sadly very rare for the overrated big voiced cunts.

by Anonymousreply 247July 26, 2019 3:31 AM

And Madonna is in 4th fucking decades of her career. She’s rightfully untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 248July 26, 2019 4:02 AM

Fine, I concede that point on Madonna. But QB is going to overtake her. Make your bets now.

by Anonymousreply 249July 26, 2019 4:04 AM

Shit, I don't have a dog in this fight, but Madonna did show it was possible to have a vital career well into your 50's. Had she not left Warners, her momentum after Confessions might have continued on longer. She still had 4M and the biggest tour in 2008-09 so I guess Beyonce could follow in those footsteps. She doesn't yet have the back catalog yet.

by Anonymousreply 250July 26, 2019 4:07 AM

R247, Those numbers are just pure sales and doesn't count streams. As we all know, the music biz is all about streaming today. Steaming is all that matters now.

by Anonymousreply 251July 26, 2019 4:31 AM

Taylor Swift and Adele are pretty much the only female artists who can sell a million copies of an album domestically anymore.

I don’t see Beyoncé doing that again as long as she remains tied to Tidal.

by Anonymousreply 252July 26, 2019 12:23 PM

[Quote] Steaming is all that matters now.

I'm so glad someone else understands me.

by Anonymousreply 253July 26, 2019 2:05 PM

The Gaga hate is always so weird. ASIB has sold about 5 million SPS. It's one of the biggest albums of recent years. She writes, sings well, is a great performer. I really like Bey too. I agree Adele and Taylor are tier one. But in terms of sales, Bey, Gaga, Ariana and RiRi are tier two - and they've all been tier one at different times in the careers. Tier three is Katy (she's big on youtube and singles, but her albums generally underperform), Pink, and a bunch of newbies I don't know all that well.

And, while I am not a Madonna fan, she's the biggest female pop star ever. And it's not really close.

by Anonymousreply 254July 26, 2019 7:58 PM

ARiana doesn’t belong in tier two.

by Anonymousreply 255July 26, 2019 8:28 PM

I think in the last year, she's elevated to tier 2, R255.

by Anonymousreply 256July 26, 2019 8:38 PM

r254 How is it weird? The album sold well due to the movie but the movie was overshadowed by two different movies back to back. It wasn't an event. Gaga's voice is grating and I don't like the tone. She doesn't write and when she does, it fucking sucks. The lyrics to Poker Face are cringe as are most of her songs. She isn't tier two and hasn't been tier one since 2011, 8 fucking years ago. She gets lucky when she pairs up with others but on her own, she is boring even with the costumes. No star quality. She is all try hard.

Bey's star quality is natural. I don't know where her career goes from here but she is huge and stayed huge for decades. Her touring is only eclipsed by Madonna. And stop mentioning Madonna. We get it. But Bey will get her crown.

Ari, Adele, Pink and several other tier ones are nonstop hits and have great touring. Pink can't seem to break through the very top though. Her songs sound the same. Taylor is huge on every level. She wants Madonna's crown but she is already stumbling a bit but she will still have the albums, singles and touring for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 257July 26, 2019 9:58 PM

What is Gags up to now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 26, 2019 10:11 PM

Debut at #3 with less than 51k album equivalent. The worst of her career. #FLOP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259July 26, 2019 10:47 PM

Is that pure album sales? Honey Bee doing just fine. She is about to rack up the Emmys and other awards. You all know she'll clean up every fucking award out there.

by Anonymousreply 260July 26, 2019 11:21 PM

R260 No, only 12k in pure sales

by Anonymousreply 261July 26, 2019 11:37 PM

r254, Taylor will never be tier one because she can't sing worth a shit.

by Anonymousreply 262July 26, 2019 11:40 PM

r261 WHHAAAAT?????? No way. Madonna, 25 years older than her, sold 9 times that. And Madonna has the 4th best opening week by a female this year and we are already in July. Beyonce better work if she wants that crown.

by Anonymousreply 263July 26, 2019 11:40 PM

But they should all bow down to Cher, who at age 70+, sold about 150k of her latest album just last year. I believe thats the biggest for a female for the whole of last year. I can't imagine any of these divas achieving that at 70.

by Anonymousreply 264July 27, 2019 1:22 AM

R264 she did an abba cover album. Cher has zero artistic and creative value. She gets lucky once in every twenty years but has never been a big seller

by Anonymousreply 265July 27, 2019 1:44 AM

r265 Exactly, it wasn't original material. No way her original material would sell anything close to that.

by Anonymousreply 266July 27, 2019 2:34 AM

i think its a remarkable achievement for Cher, original material or not. And doing it at past retirement age. Not sure any of this younger biatches can able do that.

by Anonymousreply 267July 27, 2019 7:11 PM

I think Madonna blazed a trail for nothing. No one under the age of 40 now (except Beyonce) will make a music career past the next 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 268July 27, 2019 8:26 PM

Madonna released COADF when she was 46 and it has sold over 11 mil copies ww. Beyoncé is only 39?? And struggling to sell 50k

by Anonymousreply 269July 28, 2019 4:32 AM

At 38-42 Madonna had many top ten hits still, Beyonce hasn’t had any in nearly a decade! The duet with ed sheeran does not count!

by Anonymousreply 270July 28, 2019 5:57 AM

Beyoncé moved to a model where the emphasis is on albums, not singles. It worked for self-titled and Lemonade but not for this album.

She's featured in the remake of one of the most popular and iconic animated films of all time and she couldn't come up with a song that's memorable or iconic itself. All those Elton John/Tim Rice songs are just too popular and ingrained in people's minds. Beyoncé needed to come up with songs that would resonate with this generation; she couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 271July 28, 2019 6:12 AM

r271 She'll still get an Oscar nom which in the song category is a joke. She could even win.

She has moved on from a singles to an album artist. When she comes back with a brand new Beyonce album, you will see.

Madonna is not a fair comparison because she has done and does things no other person will ever do again. Once in a lifetime. That isn't fair to compare.

Beyonce will be the only survivor out of her class of stars to make it to her 50's still being successful. FACT!

by Anonymousreply 272July 28, 2019 4:47 PM

Oh please r272. When Beyonce is proven to be a tuneless fraud, you move the goalposts and claim future victory? That's the best you can do?

by Anonymousreply 273July 28, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote]She has moved on from a singles to an album artist.

Nobody buys albums. Seems like a dumb strategy to become an "album artist". But then, Beyonce's dumb.

by Anonymousreply 274July 28, 2019 6:06 PM

Nobody buys music period. They "stream" it which counts as sales. Can you imagine? Some of you eldergays wore out your cassette single of Physical which would have kept ONJ at #1 for a whole year if your cassette plays counted.

by Anonymousreply 275July 28, 2019 6:08 PM

r275 you're trying too hard. But, okay. What are her streaming numbers?

by Anonymousreply 276July 28, 2019 6:11 PM

And Madonna has a top 10 AC chart hit with Crave. Her biggest AC hit in over 21 years. She even went Adult Top 40 with Crave.

Can Beyonce do this when she is Madonna's age? Probably.

by Anonymousreply 277July 28, 2019 6:16 PM

R275, We didn't have cassette singles back then. Some of us were still on 8-tracks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 28, 2019 6:17 PM

People still buy albums. That's a ridiculous statement to say people don't buy music anymore.

Vinyl has made a huge renaissance. Look at people bombarding record stores on Record Store Day. Even cassettes are making a mini-comeback. And yes, some people still buy CDs.

Some people prefer physical media over streaming.

by Anonymousreply 279July 28, 2019 7:16 PM

r279 I don't see how anyone is ok without something physical. I can always upload what I want but there is something about having a tangible object that is appealing. And I'm a Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 280July 28, 2019 7:46 PM

Has Beyoncé ever been a friends to gays like Madame X and Gaga?

Or does she hate gays with a Houstonian Southern Baptist religious fervor?

by Anonymousreply 281July 28, 2019 7:46 PM

Has Beyonce ever sounded this soulful?

This is Madonna rehearsing Borderline. It wasn't the final vocal due to her messing up the lyrics at the end and telling the control room she couldn't hear them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 28, 2019 8:39 PM

A lot of kids today balk at the idea of actually have to PAY for their music.

by Anonymousreply 283July 28, 2019 8:55 PM

R282 thank you

wow 😮 @ Madonna. 👏👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 284July 29, 2019 2:12 AM

Counting Beyoncé’s streams is meaningless. She’s lied about them for years. Her husband lies for her. Is seriously doubt she ever breaks a few hundred thousand, if that. Certainly not the multi multi million her husband claims. She hasn’t really been popularly relevant since Single Ladies. The media has propped her up, definitely, but the general public dropped her a long time ago. Beychella? Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 285July 30, 2019 8:19 PM

R285 Good post, totally agree, all the lies about the streams, never bought them. And that Conchella stint was a nasty ego filled mess

by Anonymousreply 286July 30, 2019 9:02 PM

I actually think she was really pretty at one time, but now she looks like a Madame Tussauds wax figure. Also, she's very boring and one-dimensional. You've seen one Beyonce performance, you've seen them all. You've heard one Beyonce song, you've heard them all. She's married to billionaire, so there's that I guess.

by Anonymousreply 287July 30, 2019 10:19 PM

The media hype for her turns me off. I think her self-titled album and Lemonade are very strong albums (as was 4) but the media constantly licking her ass as if she's some God is nauseating.

I think it's starting to turn off people.

by Anonymousreply 288July 30, 2019 11:12 PM

[Quote] Has Beyoncé ever been a friends to gays like Madame X and Gaga?

Not as much as those 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 31, 2019 4:02 AM

Ummm Madonna is a part of Tidal as well. Why doesn't she cheat? Huh? HUUUUUUUUUUUUH? Yeah, I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 290July 31, 2019 6:21 AM

R290 thinks it is making a point

by Anonymousreply 291July 31, 2019 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!