Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you really relaxing if it doesn't have a foreign name?

I'm still working on 'hygge', but apparently I should be 'niksen' too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 5:20 PM

So "mindfulness" is now called "niksen", huh? Someone should tell all those advaita teachers and Zen Buddhists throughout the ages that they've been using the wrong word all this time.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 11:11 PM

No no, mindfulness requires you to think about things, niksen is different!

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 11:14 PM

Yeah, I've always been good at it, and made to feel guilty for doing so. Americans are terrible at doing nothing, to the point of filling every single moment with something, anything to keep them from being alone with themselves. How can you recharge if you never empty your being on a regular basis?

God forbid someone comes along and asks, "Hi there, what are you doing?" And you answer "Nothing at all." And you feel 100% okay with that answer.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2019 12:03 AM

I do feel that way when people ask me what I am doing/did on the weekend. Nothing at all!

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2019 3:01 AM

Some people don't understand that sitting in your own house in peace and minding your own business is priceless

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote] I do feel that way when people ask me what I am doing/did on the weekend. Nothing at all!

When they ask me, I always reply, "Not a single thing and it was fabulous"

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2019 3:19 AM

r6 I always feel inclined to come up with a huge list of fantastic things I did, otherwise I lose the weekend war.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2019 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!