Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump: I could win Afghan war in a week

More rhetoric from the asshole-in-chief:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 4, 2019 12:02 PM

It's just horrific, what he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 10:44 PM

Be my guest bucko. You’re commander in chief after all.

What’s all this “could” shit? Get er done.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 10:45 PM

Sometimes I do think nuking the Middle East would solve aloof problems.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 10:46 PM

Then win it, motherfucker. We’re waiting.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 10:46 PM

The problem is that Trump has brought the same mindset and over the top rhetoric from his days as a tabloid celebrity & reality t.v. star into the White House.

Even George W. Bush never behaved like this, and at times was able to understand the solemn responsibilities of the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 10:48 PM

So trump’s “plans” to save Afghanistan involve him wiping the country off the face of the earth. Cool story bro.

This is more propaganda from him, naturally. It’s a running sore that won’t heal, and this is his “BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I’M WEAK” rebuttal for the Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 10:49 PM

Imagine even pondering - let alone mentioning out loud - genocide as one of your possible options.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 10:51 PM

He’s not, r7. He is actually conflict averse. Remember how he had to be dragged by his cabal of fanatical advisors into those planned air raids on Iran and at the last minute he chickened out and called them off?

Which I’m glad of. Imagine if an asshole like trump weren’t a chicken. Forget it—nuclear war in ten minutes.

He’s full of shit. Remember everything he says is a con. This is no different.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 10:55 PM

I understand that he'll never do it (unless polling gets really bad for him) but it's still chilling to read that quote at r1.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 10:57 PM

[quote] He’s full of shit.

Yep. I laughed when I read that. He is not going to do anything. It's pretty incredible there's been no stronger response to Iran-- not that I'm complaining. But I think Obama or Bush would have done something.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 10:57 PM

I think he's referring to a knitting battle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote]He is actually conflict averse.

I think you're right, R8. He usually lacks the guts to tell someone in person they are fired (eg. Omarosa, Rex Tillerson, James Comey, etc.)

Plus, at last year's G-20 meeting in Canada, he waited until he had left and was on the plane back home, before criticizing Justin Trudeau. He doesn't have the courage to speak to someone directly.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 11:06 PM

No one since the time of Alexander the Great has anyone been able to win a war in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Remember he ordered that Navy Seal raid in Yemen over cake? It was a disaster. IIRC, one seal dead, others injured. ~120 civilians dead. The objective was not achieved. Then he turned over such decisions to the military. It should have gotten more press.

He wanted a raid to rival the bin Laden raid. It was vanity that got out man killed.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 11:12 PM

R13, I think it’s all about how you define “win”.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 11:12 PM

It’s such a bizarre statement. Yes, we all know the President has nukes at his command. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 11:13 PM

R14 Repugs would still be investigating this Benghazi style had that been Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2019 11:14 PM

The option of killing millions and millions of people and leaving the country wiped out and in ruins is not an option. Trump knows this; he even admitted it. Therefore, why make such a statement? If there is any path to a cease fire and relative peace, it's via diplomacy, a better Afghan economy and education. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2019 11:15 PM

r16 I think he was referring to MOABs, not nukes. Because he was also bragging about the size of the crater the last one left behind.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]Therefore, why make such a statement?

I know, it's just bizarre. Also, imagine being a citizen of another country and the US president casually mentioning wiping your country off the face of the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2019 11:19 PM

Trump complained about Us building schools, and other things. That’s how you keep a place from backsliding, but he doesn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2019 11:22 PM

r21 Better to just wipe the slate clean!

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2019 11:27 PM

He's a very sick puppy. No other President has ever, let alone nonchalantly as if he were speaking of breakfast, talked of totally obliterating another nation.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2019 11:32 PM

I laughed when he bragged about moving the embassy to Jerusalem. He said something like “nobody else could do this but I was able to do it in my first two years.” He was too stupid to know that the other Presidents wanted something in trade for doing it, and he got nothing for it.

The same for meeting Kim of N. Korea. He got nothing, elevated Kim on the world stage, and stopped military exercises with S. Korea. He got nothing.

He’s a horrible deal maker.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2019 11:43 PM

r24 Yup, the North Korea thing in particular makes me laugh every time I think about it. He got played all the way through like the dotard that he is.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2019 11:45 PM

Trump : the very definition of winning a battle and losing a war.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2019 12:04 AM

Actually 23 Reagan did but he thought it was not being taped. It was—and it was a horrendous thing to say at the height of the Cold War, which had been aggravated by his own militarism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2019 12:05 AM

Sorry r23^^^

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2019 12:05 AM

He's losing this war on purpose, so he's a traitor. #Impeach

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2019 12:11 AM

He’s a damn fool and his cult won’t recognize it until he does something truly horrendous. He’s already aggravated differences between races and nationalities and religions and more. All stuff that’s hard to nail down. Likewise when he starts a war with Iran or whomever, we’ll all rally around, whereas, it’ll be something he should have avoided.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2019 12:13 AM

Whatever keeps us from talking about him raping children

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 12:23 AM

Ah, yes, r27. I recall that now. Well then, Trump is now officially the second terrible President to have made light of such a war crime.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 12:46 AM

Indeed, R31.

As usual, Trump has gotten away with playing the press.

They're not asking him about the rape allegations against Trump in the Epstein indictment. They're just discussing his battle with AOC & the Squad.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 1:22 AM

R18, Trump has now twice publicly mentioned how he could, but won't, cause 10 million Afghan deaths. Why?

Because his sadistic psychopathy produces thoughts of ultimate power over life and death, relishing the suffering and extinction of human beings.

It is why he cannot even pretend sympathy or empathy, giving, e.g., a smile and a thumb's up with an infant just orphaned by gunfire, while his only comment was that the staff "loved" him enough "to leave surgeries."

It is why he could turn his face from a woman who was describing the slaughter of her family by ISIS and then ask, "Where are they now?"

It is why he threw paper towels at Puerto Rican hurricane victims.

It is why he is 100% in favor of caging children without any proper necessities; of having families torn apart forever; of trying to deny asylum to people fleeing violence; of wanting to eliminate the ACA, "Obamacare."

There is NO QUESTION that Medicare and Social Security are his planned next targets, to have the elderly and disabled suffer indignities and worse.

It is why, when Trump declared of the recent Odessa (TX) mass murders that "It could have been worse," his auditors cannot be sure if he was praising LE efforts---or if he was expressing (subconsciously?) dismay that there were not more fatalities, as in, "I coulda been a contender."

In sum, Trump's jam is human suffering.

by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2019 10:41 AM

Holy fuck a lot of this thread is already on my ignored list. How many Russian stooges post here these days?

by Anonymousreply 35September 4, 2019 11:00 AM

Interesting that Trump said he could win the war in a week, it would be over in 10 days... almost as good as hurricanes are big and wet.

by Anonymousreply 36September 4, 2019 12:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!