Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hudson, NY: "Gay Man Was Called “F****t” Before Beating"

Right on Warren Street...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2019 7:20 PM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 10:11 PM

Was it Kevin Sessums?

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 10:14 PM

Homophobia is rampant is NYC. People just choose to stay quiet now because it’s NYC and that can ruin their lives, but I’ve seen a lot of homophobia here in my life, and still to this day.

A few months ago I was outside chatting with this cutie smoking a cigarette and we both realized our phones were dead. The cutie walked over to this tall, chunky white dude in a suit to ask for the time and his response was “YOU BETTER BACK THE FUCK UP. BACK THE FUCK UP. I don’t do that shit.” with an angry tone. The cutie said “I just wanted to know the time asshole”. And the guy stormed off.

We then both laughed at the fact he had THE AUDACITY to think anyone was hitting on him.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 10:16 PM

I don't know that town, but it looks redneckish. A pickup truck, a bunch of old cars and a guy with no shirt on

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 10:18 PM

Wasn't there just a thread of posters recommending Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 10:19 PM

Hudson sucks. They can promote it all they want and I don't care how many high end antique stores it has, the town is trashy.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 10:21 PM

[quote]Wasn't there just a thread of posters recommending Hudson?

Yes! Yes there was.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 10:23 PM

Hudson is no more homophobic than NYC. And expect more hate crimes to happen.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 10:26 PM

The perpetrator looks homeless and likely has mental problems

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 10:29 PM

Article says perp (accused) is indeed homeless. And how the hell did they set 1,000 bail. And how the hell did he come up with it? Or didn't he?

Hudson gives me the creeps. Bad vibes. Though I had a hot fuck buddy there for awhile so I put up with it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 10:41 PM

Will HRC & GLAAD respond?

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 10:49 PM

I have yet to see any “upscale” places upstate. It’s all trashy. And I’m including Westchester. You have to go all the way to the end of Long Island to escape most of it. And even then...

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 10:54 PM

The perpetrator...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 10:56 PM

Most of the Hudson Valley is full of lower class, redneck trash. There are little enclaves of city people who come up for the weekends or full time transplants. But most of the people there are white opiate-chomping trash.

I have lived in Rosendale and Kingston, by the way. I would never consider Hudson, it's worse than those two places.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 11:02 PM

very hard 35 R13

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 11:32 PM

Kingston has a lot of trash but nobody ever gave me any grief there even in trash establishments. some of the surrounding towns, yikes!

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 11:34 PM

White on white crime

Unless the crime provides an opportunity to demonize nonwhites; Datalounge is not interested.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2019 11:47 PM

Also R17: Victim wasn't hot enough.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2019 11:49 PM

r3 "what time is it" is often the opening line of a mugging, which may explain the negative reaction

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2019 12:02 AM

Everyone who made the awful choice to buy property there, pls stop trying to make Hudson happen, it's a redneck-y D U M P!

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2019 12:03 AM

R19 just fell off of a local vegetable truck.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2019 12:05 AM

White trash white trashing. Nothing to see here

I think it's time to start profiling white trash so we can cut down on white trash crimes

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2019 12:29 AM

Holy crap, he's 35?!

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2019 12:36 AM

R20, I have a friend from the city who bought a huge old house up there. They’re artsy types and the husband is from a family that was genteel and moneyed and became less so with every generation, ending with him. He made it sound like a cute place to live with nice little shops but.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2019 12:42 AM

It was horrible. I was leaving the Merce Cunningham retrospective at Hudson Hall on my way to pick up a $12 turmeric latte from Moto when a "hard 35" homeless homophobe bashed me over the head with a $100 bag of heirloom tomatoes. He scuffed my platform espadrilles from Kasuri!

Marina Abramovic drove me to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2019 1:25 AM

r25, you're an idiot, and that would only happen to some kind of "new mother" who's into yoga and wouldn't be a hate crime, it would be a public service.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2019 1:56 AM

This is catnip to DL. We love to hate Hudson. An overhyped, overpriced town in the middle of nowhere with a few nice buildings in desperate need of renovation that they are now trying to sell for $1 million post renovation to some other sucker. Every gay man who was priced out of NYC moved there. Though they soon realized it’s a pit of a town that’s depressing and cold for 6+ months per year, they are still trying to PR it to death. Hudson is where the concept of gentrification went to die.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2019 2:53 AM

I agree. Hudson is a shit hole. Okay to shop in during the day but once it gets dark, it's dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2019 3:04 AM

Jussie? are you there ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2019 3:18 AM

Doesn't the Countess LuAnn live there?

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2019 3:51 AM

Why are gay men such wimps who never fight back? So many gays spend half their life in the gym and let these assholes treat them like this? It pisses me off! Put your fucking muscles to use and start fighting back.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 4:05 AM

[quote]Most of the Hudson Valley is full of lower class, redneck trash.

Oh you mean like Irvington, dorkus? Hastings on Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Some of you didn't bother to read the attached article before your witless snarking R25 you're a disgusting pig. R31 He fought back.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 8:02 AM

Hudson really is turning into trash. Tils* and I were enjoying some Duck Bao at Food Studio last night and members of the Westboro Baptist Church came in. The host just let them sit at a table next to us with their signs and everything! They were terribly uncouth. Quelle surprise.

*Tilda Swinton

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2019 1:26 PM

Tilda must get around as she dined next to us at the Villa Sant'Andrea in Taormina Thursday evening.

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2019 2:26 PM

Going to the gym doesn’t mean that someone can fight. And most gay men are all bark, no bite.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2019 2:29 PM

Most men, period, are all bark and no bite.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2019 2:32 PM

Most WHITE men are all bark and no bite.

A black or Hispanic man would have laid him out.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2019 2:36 PM

There’s plenty of black and brown men who are completely inept at boxing, either because they lack technique or power (if not both). See the two jokers in the Disneyland family brawl video for an example.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2019 2:39 PM

When I was a kid in the 1980s I spent a lot of time in the area. Hudson was a complete trashy shit hole. We'd never stop there. I'm really surprised at how many middle age gay couples I hear talking about moving to this area.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 2:43 PM

Gay men need to stop acting like defenseless pussies. Learn how to fight. You are a man, not a tranny!

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 2:44 PM

This is actually one gay man who tried to stand his ground and fight back. He may have possessed some rudimentary hand-to-hand combat skills. But the other guy was bigger and stronger and nastier than him, and there’s just nothing you can do with that. Then after securing victory he jumps on top and continues to pummel him after he was out cold and defenseless. He’s lucky to be alive. And his attacker has no business being out on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 2:52 PM

R32 You shit stain, you know we are not talking about the NYC suburbs of the lower Hudson Valley,

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2019 6:20 PM

Tilda was not hanging out in Hudson when she was filming that Zombie move. I saw her repeatedly eating at Kitchentte in High Falls.

Yes, lovely High Falls, of the two restaurants, coffee place, and the swimming hole full of feces/bacteria where drunken white trashers go to drown.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2019 6:24 PM

R44 here

I should add if you want to see the upscale redneckers, drop by the High Falls Cafe (formerly Stonedockers) and count the MAGA hats.

The redneck central, Red Brick Tavern of Rosendale, recently closed so they are swarming to the Cafe now.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2019 6:29 PM

Only way to rid the world of Homophobia is to breed it out (pardon the pun).....raise kids to welcome all sexuality not hate them.....

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2019 7:45 PM

Fun fact: Hudson used to be a port city where sailors would stop off to shack up with hookers.

[quote]The going rate in those days was $2 for 20 minutes with a prostitute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2019 7:57 PM

Nothing has changed on that score, R47. A Hudson whore even today can't charge more than $6 an hour.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2019 7:59 PM

Update! - No hate crime charge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2019 5:53 PM

Let's face it! The East is becoming unruly and quite homophobic. Head West gays! It's your only chance of survival.

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2019 6:09 PM

Because all the Midwest, northern and southern white trash are taking over the East.

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2019 6:16 PM

And also related to what dates you thread....the first thing I thought of was, how come the font is so small and why is the print in light black....I can't read this shit!!

Story not good!

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2019 6:27 PM

No matter where this happens, it should not surprise us...just look at the number of times the n word is used. Still...

Last month I went to a party my cousin gave for her daughter's high school graduation. It was on Staten Island (Yeah, I know what many here may think, but it's 2019. You would think people know better! Everywhere). When I left, one of my cousins (the hostess' brother) walked me to my car. It was something our Dads always did with departing guests. As we were walking along the sidewalk, a car passed us and yelled, "Faggots!" We both ignored it. It frazzled me a bit, when we had said goodbye, and I was about to drive away. Are we so threatening to the well-being of straight people, especially straight guys? Whenever it happens, it gives me an inkling into what black people have to endure from the stares sometimes of white people. I hat being called a "faggot" or "queer," but it also gives me greater understanding in a way into what black people or other minority groups have to endure. That makes me a better person.

I don't know if that makes sense. If I react with rage, I'm just letting the hatred of bigots affect me. But I try to turn a bad encounter into something I can learn from.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Make us feel better Beto !! OMG he is crying.

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2019 7:18 PM

I bet this makes Beto get out of the Presidential race and into the Senate race.

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2019 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!