Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump wanted a “Blacks vs Whites” season of The Apprentice

Had he not been fired that would have been the next season.

“The Apprentice would have been very different if Donald Trump had his way. Over the weekend, The New York Times revealed that in 2005, Trump pitched a white-versus-black season of the NBC reality show — an idea that was quickly rejected by network executives. Around the same time, he discussed the idea with Howard Stern on his radio show, and he explained the preferred demographics of the season’s contestants. “It would be nine blacks against nine whites, all highly educated, very smart, strong, beautiful people,” said the then-Apprentice host in an audio clip obtained by the Times.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 10:22 PM

Look at him in that pic. He's making that face because that's the image he wants to project of himself. He's such a douche.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 9:42 PM

According to the New York Times, as Trump prepared for The Apprentice Season 4 in 2005, he went to NBC execs with an idea about how to make the series the “highest-rated show on television.” Sources tell the Times that after Trump pitched the black-versus-white season, executives held a “series of can-you-believe-this conversations inside a network” before quickly dismissing the idea. One former boss recalled his reaction, saying, “Uh, I don’t think so!”

But Trump wouldn’t let go of the controversial ploy quite yet. That same year — the Times didn’t specify whether his appearance on Stern’s radio show was before or after pitching to the network — Trump discussed his idea with Howard Stern and his African-American co-host Robin Quivers. “It would be nine blacks against nine whites, all highly educated, very smart, strong, beautiful people,” he said in the audio clip unearthed by the Times. He then asked Stern and Quivers if they “like it;” while Stern said “yes,” Quivers was less certain. “Well, I think you’re going to have a riot,” she said.

The New York Times reports that Trump goes on to say that the proposed season would include an “assortment” of light-skinned and black-skinned contestants, while the white team would feature only blondes. “Wouldn’t that set off a racial war in this country?” asked Stern. “See, actually, I don’t think it would,” Trump reportedly replied. “I think that it would be handled very beautifully by me. Because, as you know, I’m very diplomatic.”

While Stern reportedly acknowledged that “on some level it’s wrong,” he added that he likes the idea and “would watch” a black-versus-white season of The Apprentice. “You’d have to,” said Quivers in a particularly prescient moment of foreshadowing. “Because you’d want to know when the riot starts.”

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 9:44 PM

Why in the hell would the white team only have blonds?

What an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 9:52 PM

I’dl like to stick a big, hot, dreaming piece of shit in that ugly maw of his

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 9:58 PM

R3 because natural blondes are the whitest of whites, besides gingers.

Dark hair symbolizes ethnic dna to some.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]Why in the hell would the white team only have blonds?

It's the Howard Stern show. It's hard to tell whether Trump was being serious or whether he was just saying dumb things because it was Howard Stern and he thought he could "shock" America's foremost shock jock.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 10:00 PM

R6 I hope I don't know anyone who would have an idea such as that even if it was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 10:03 PM

R5 so the blond blacks in the Solomon islands are whiter than brunette whites? And blond biracial people are as well?

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 10:04 PM

R8 that’s rare.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 10:04 PM

R9 no it isn't. And being rare wouldn't invalidate the point.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 10:06 PM

It is rare. That’s due to a genetic mutation in blacks. Blond is a sign or European blood.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 10:07 PM

The Apprentice: Race Wars

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 10:08 PM

R11, the point stands.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 10:09 PM

R11 all blonde hair is a mutation.

Are biracial people the whitest of whites like was stated? Are Solomon islanders? Fucking idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 10:12 PM

Yes. NATURAL blondes and gingers are whiter than brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 10:17 PM

"Yes. NATURAL blondes and gingers are whiter than brunettes."

Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!