Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Is Set In the Chris Pine Timeline

Quentin Tarantino has confirmed that his Star Trek movie will be set in the Kelvin Timeline, though he seems intent on making that fact as irrelevant as possible. On an episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, host Josh Horowitz asked Tarantino to reveal as much as he could about the Star Trek project.

“Well, it’s an idea then we got together and talked it out and then we hired Mark Smith, who did [The] Revenant to write the script,” Tarantino explains. “I don’t know how much I can say. The one thing I can say is it would deal with the Chris Pine timeline. Now, I still don’t quite understand, and JJ [Abrams] can’t explain it to me, and my editor has tried to explain it to me and I still don’t get it...about something happened in the first movie that now kind of wiped the slate clean. I don’t buy that. I don’t like it. I don’t appreciate it. I don’t — f*** that...I want the whole series to have happened, it just hasn’t happened yet. No, Benedict Cumberbatch or whatever his name is is not Khan, alright? Khan is Khan. And I told JJ, like, ‘I don’t understand this. I don’t like it.’ And then he was like, ‘Ignore it! Nobody likes it. I don’t understand it. Just do whatever you want. If you want it to happen the exact way it happens on the series it can.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote]That fact should make things interesting if Tarantino’s movie begins moving towards production. Star Trek 4 was put on the shelf after Pine walked away from the negotiating table. If Paramount Pictures can’t get Pine onboard for the Tarantino project, will Tarantino lose interest?

LOL! Chris Pine - or any other actor, for that matter - would suck dick in Times Square to be cast as the lead in a Tarantino movie.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 7:13 PM

No no no NO no no NO NO FUCK NO!!!!

TARANTINO IS THE WORST POSSIBLE DIRECTOR FOR "STAR TREK" AND SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE MATERIAL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 7:35 PM

Didn't the prick promise to give up films after the Hollywood one? Lying mr mcliar

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 8:31 PM

He said there's a loophole.

[quote]I guess I do have a loophole, [if] the idea was to throw a loophole into it. Which would be [to go], ‘Uhhh, I guess Star Trek doesn’t count. I can do Star Trek … but naturally I would end on an original.’ But the idea of doing 10 isn’t to come up with a loophole. I actually think, if I was going to do Star Trek, I should commit to it. It’s my last movie. There should be nothing left handed about it. I don’t know if I’m going to do that, but that might happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 8:41 PM

He’s got a lotta fillers and face work going on there.a wig sits on top of it all trying to blend into the dyed hair. No. He’s an enabler for the rapist. No.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!