Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lion King's Billy Eichner Wants to ‘Change the Game’ for LGBTQ Representation: ‘We Can Do It All'

"We’re as versatile as straight actors," the comedian, who voices meerkat Timon in Disney's remake of The Lion King, tells PEOPLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 2:02 PM

Is he "queer"?

"Fluid"?

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 4:29 PM

He's one of the few that still identifies as gay.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 4:32 PM

He’s so flaming it’s hard to imagine him playing a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 4:37 PM

Yes, some gay men can play straight, however Billy, you're not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 4:40 PM

Even when he was on AHS Apocalypse he was playing himself: a loud, effeminate MARY! even though his character was married to woman

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 4:44 PM

I'm so glad Disney pulled the original poster with the ill-conceived tagline: "This weekend go back to Africa"

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 9:16 PM

I unfollowed him on Instagram.. he bores me. I'm sure he's all broken up about it.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 9:50 PM

Perhaps he’s hoping viewers will be too distracted by his lazy eye to focus on his acting

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 9:55 PM

Good for him??

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 8:31 AM

He looks very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 12:10 PM

Would you be triggered if he was, R1? It’s okay. Tell us how the bad words hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 12:19 PM

I can't tell if he's a DL fave or DL non-fave.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 12:26 PM

He was the best part of The Lion King by a mile. Got the most laughs in the theater. But then it’s not hard given the other voices were flat and charmless.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 1:07 PM

"I can't tell if he's a DL fave or DL non-fave."

SInce Billy is out of the closet and successful, Datalounge hates him. It really is as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 1:16 PM

He's very unattractive inside and out. And, no, he's not capable of playing straight. Also, his underbite always makes me think of Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2019 1:26 PM

I like Billy and would buy him playing straight. I've believed that Quinto was straight when he played the killer on AHS, and I believed Bomer when he was in Magic Mike. If that junkie Heath Ledger can get an Oscar nod for playing gay, then Billy Eichner can be the straight male lead in some shitty rom-com.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 2:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!