Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How limited are my options if I refuse to hang out with a guy who drinks, smokes, or does drugs?

I'm very health-conscious and would prefer to meet and hook up with other health-conscious guys. For reference, I live in South Florida but would consider even leaving the country and hanging out somewhere in Montreal or Vancouver or Montevideo or Barcelona or Madrid and whatnot.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2019 5:30 PM

You will find many like-minded people here, OP. Have fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote]or Montevideo or Barcelona or Madrid and whatnot.

Those are places are where people really like to drink and smoke.

Go to Calif.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 1:55 PM

Montevideo is where all the action is, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 1:55 PM

You sound naive, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 1:56 PM

You are not alone in Florida, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 1:56 PM

You should move to Bhutan where smoking is illegal.

(So is homosexuality but you can't have everything).

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 1:56 PM

Are you cute??

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 2:00 PM

R2 I mean you can find drinkers and smokers and druggies in every country and city but I'm more talking about the ones with gay communities and those who actually take care of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 2:02 PM

Vatican City? Though you may be too old for them if you've gone through puberty.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 2:07 PM

[quote]How limited are my options if I refuse to hang out with a guy who drinks, smokes, or does drugs?

Very limited because you sound exhausting. How do you even have time to hang out with people with all the time you spend wagging your finger?

There are plenty of people who don't drink, smoke, or use drugs. However, you've clearly made it a prize to hang out with you as a reward for not doing those things - and honey, you ain't no prize.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]I mean you can find drinkers and smokers and druggies in every country and city but I'm more talking about the ones with gay communities and those who actually take care of themselves.

If you're the OP then you need to join a church group or something or move to a small town. That's where you'll find a bunch of people like you. Cities are not for you.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 2:10 PM

OP is the Welp Troll, f & f.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 2:13 PM

OP you sound like a real dumbass. Quit hanging out in bars and join some kind of gay sports or running group. Or start a social group on your own. There’s plenty of non smokers and non druggies. And while you are at it, check out an Alanon meeting. You definitely need it stupid fucker. I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 2:14 PM

As noted elsewhere, your options are more or less limited depending on the circles you move within.

If you are stupid enough that you will be a party boy, who only hangs up with party boys but is aghast he can only meet party boys, you will be lonely in Los Angeles, Madrid, Moscow, Tokyo and even in Needles, CA.

Look into yourself first, and the kind of people you attract. All the rest is greatly accessory.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 2:25 PM

It's hilarious that actually taking care of yourself is seen as 'exhausting' by some. Just because society brainwashes people into thinking smoking and drugs are cool doesn't make it so. I'll have the last laugh anyways when I'll age well and those who party too hard will be looking like rotten fruit.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]Just because society brainwashes people into thinking smoking and drugs are cool doesn't make it so.

Quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 2:40 PM

R15 - sorry to break this to you, but you're going to die someday, just like everyone else.

Lighten the fuck up and enjoy what time you have.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2019 2:41 PM

R17 You can enjoy yourself without resorting to drugs and smoking.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2019 2:46 PM

R13 What leads you to believe I hang out in bars? I steer clear of those places.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2019 2:48 PM

Your options are limited because you are enforcing limits. That’s okay. But with every boundary you draw, you are making the pool of candidates smaller.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]It's hilarious that actually taking care of yourself is seen as 'exhausting' by some.

It isn't taking care of yourself that is seen as 'exhausting' by anyone. It's your attitude.

If you want to meet health-conscious guys, then participate in activities where health conscious guys are likely to be. Don't go to a bar or club or grindr and then get all flouncy because people who never subscribed to your requirements are there.

You are more likely to meet health conscious guys participating in sports like running clubs, swimming, cycling, triathlons.

I'm surprised that someone so health conscious couldn't figure out something this simple.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]I'm surprised that someone so health conscious couldn't figure out something this simple.

OP is most likely not athletic. He's probably Vegan or something and that's the only thing about him that makes him "health conscious".

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Except for Vancouver all those places are filled with smokers and drinkers. Move to Utah.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2019 4:14 PM

R23 I've heard that but I was wondering if it's a bit different for the gays in those places. In certain areas there seems to be a huge disparity with the straights smoking and drinking compared to gays.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Meet people at 12 step meetings and you’re all set. Really.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2019 5:30 PM

I predict a house full of cats in your future.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2019 5:33 PM

Montreal is probably out of the question if you're one of those anti-alcohol "people".

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2019 5:43 PM

I go to a mostly gay gym. Many of the guys there really take it seriously. They eat well, don't smoke, don't party. Of course there are fit guys that do do some or all of those things. But there are lots of guys who don't.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2019 6:21 PM

Funnily enough, the older you get, the less limited your options will be... because by the time you get to your 40's and 50's you will still be healthy and look young for your age, whereas all the guys that smoke, drink etc... they'll all be fucked up or dead. If you keep fit and slim, doubly so!

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2019 6:29 PM

R24 Spanish gays generally smoke a lot more than spanish straight males, drink about the same and on average take fewer drugs than their british/american counterparts, and a whole lot fewer drugs than their german counterparts.

But OP shouldn't care a lot, because, should he move here, he would more likely end up in Ibiza or Barcelona with all the other foreign gays on a community of english-speakers complaining that the locals insist on speaking to them in non-english (how do they dare?)

Source: My spanish passport

Disclaimer: Small sample, non balanced sample, sample possibly biased due to being restricted to my personal interactions and observations.

Conclusion: More investigation with larger, unweighted samples would be more reliable.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2019 9:21 PM

R28 Which city is your gym at?

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 4:42 AM

R27 While it shouldn't be a surprise for Montreal considering the wines they make, what's your experience like with all of the Montreal gays? How do they compare to Montreal straights?

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 4:49 AM

I would think that the universally stunningly beautiful gay guys with beautiful proportionate bodies are more health-conscious and everybody else is high-risk. Sadly I'm not on their level.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 4:55 AM

[quote]How limited are my options if I refuse to hang out with a guy who drinks, smokes, or does drugs?

90% of all men in this planet have drinks OP. You'll be hard pressed to find a man that does not touch alcohol at least on social settings.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2019 5:00 AM

R34 You're telling me nobody orders a sparkling water instead?

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2019 5:04 AM

Only 10% of them.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2019 5:12 AM

OP is a scrawny Asian who eats only very spicy veg curry. Not attractive to anyone, ergo he is here whining like a spaz.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2019 5:13 AM

R37 Actually I wouldn't hook up with vegans either. Vegan diets aren't that healthy. Vitamin deficiencies, lack of healthy fats, etc.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2019 5:21 AM

Are you sure its purely a preference for just health consciousness OP? South Florida has very attractive men, probably the most hot in the US. But in addition to many of them partaking in those things you see as unhealthy, many are also involved in nefarious and illegal activities.

Health consciousness is a good litmus test for guys you want to be friends with, buts thats not something that usually prevents people from being friends. If you don't want to date guys who might be drug dealers, scammers, boosters, prostitutes, etc, you definitely should consider relocation to an area with more reputable gays, and do it for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2019 5:51 AM

"I'm a really masculine gay man. No one can tell I'm gay. I play sports, don't listen to gay music or go to gay bars or have any gay mannerisms. I don't use gay apps or go to Prides (what have people could be proud about their sexuality for???) or get involved in gay community groups. Why oh why oh why oh why can't I meet a man like me?"

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2019 6:46 AM

Men with so many rules about who they will or won’t date are the opposite of sexy. In fact, they’re downright tiresome. If some man and I have good chemistry, the rest can be worked out. Looking for love should not be like shopping at IKEA, walking around, taking measurements, choosing colors. It’s sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2019 7:35 AM

All serious relationships are based on compromise, on both sides. Once you learn this OP you'll be much happier.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2019 7:43 AM

They have a nascent wine industry r32. They might drink wine but they don't produce much. I feel like you're confusing them with France.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2019 1:00 PM

[QUOTE] For reference, I live in South Florida but would consider even leaving the country and hanging out somewhere in Montreal or Vancouver or Montevideo or Barcelona or Madrid and whatnot.

You should relocate to Brighton in the UK. It's awash with SJW gays, all tee total and vegetarian. Most avoid the clubs; all have dogs.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2019 1:07 PM

You sound like a sanctimonious bore, OP.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2019 1:20 PM

South Florida? No thank you. Too much smelly gross foreskin for my tastes. I'll take a cut party boy any day over that.

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2019 1:35 PM

Your future boyfriend will be with you for a very long time. At least to him it will seem like a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2019 5:00 PM

Try Hawaii. Lots of hippy-dippy, health-obsessed transplants there.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2019 5:14 PM

R46 The cut party boy will look old and bruised early just like his dick.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2019 5:23 PM

No smoking or drinking or drugs might sound restricting at first, but it will save you in the long run. There are other ways to chill and have fun without doing those things.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2019 5:26 PM

OP just join CrossFit. They're also healthy and intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2019 5:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!