Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends. I invite you to take a look at the English country home of Paolo Moschino and Philip Vergeylen

[quote]The location and exterior of this Sussex farmhouse were enough to persuade Paolo Moschino and Philip Vergeylen to buy it on the spot. Although decorated exquisitely with carefully chosen furniture and objects, it is a far cry from a typical county cottage.

I'll link to the article @ R1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2019 2:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 12:01 PM

Another photo of Paolo & Philip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 12:02 PM

[quote]it is a far cry from a typical county cottage.

Because it looks like a shop.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 12:05 PM

I see Nicky Haslem's ex traded up.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 12:07 PM

I feel sorry for the cleaner, so many things to dust.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 12:09 PM

It's too busy and the ceilings are suffocatingly low. It feels like a very enclosed yard sale.

The wood slats on the ceilings looks cheap.

Of COURSE they have a French Bulldog.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 12:10 PM

Too fussy and cluttered...it would be a nightmare to keep clean and on top of all of the dusting

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 12:17 PM

It's beautiful , I love the blue room, that wall paper

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 12:20 PM

The exterior looks like it's collapsing. The interior looks nice. I like country looking houses. There's too much shit in it though. I'd make it more minimalist.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 12:25 PM

They need to invite Marie Kondo to visit them for a weekend. Other than that, it's perfectly fine.

Moschino is quite attractive regardless of his age. If you're looking for a sugar daddy, you can do far, far worse than him.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 12:25 PM

I love it. A country home should be more relaxed, less sharp lines, more chipped surfaces. Comfort.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 12:32 PM

I don't want things on surfaces.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 12:44 PM

Moschino like the fashion house?

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 12:48 PM

Can you imagine having to keep all that frou frou crap clean? It really does look like a fancy charity shop.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 1:27 PM

I always like a house where the roof is so wonky that the chimney stands at a jaunty angle.

Not.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 2:03 PM

That is perfect. Exactly my style. Love everything. Impeccable taste. Yeah, ceilings are low but it’s got authenticity out the ass. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 2:14 PM

Very John Saladino. I like it...

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2019 2:17 PM

They're great guys.

OP missed the mark on this one. There are lots of crap country houses.

This isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2019 2:20 PM

Yes, R17, it is indeed very Saladino. I could move right in.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2019 2:23 PM

The ceilings are way too white. I understand wanting to try to add height but an antique or linen white would have been less jarring.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2019 2:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!