Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Going thru customs from Canada

I'm on a flight from Vancouver and have to change planes in Seattle. So I guess I'll go through customs but I only have an hour layover. The airline booked me so I guess they know what they are doing.

But is there enough time?

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 10:25 AM

You go through US Customs at the Vancouver Airport. So you won't have to do anything in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 5:49 AM

I took a flight from Vancouver to LAX, with a layover in San Francisco and nearly missed my connecting flight because it took so damn long to go through customs.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 5:50 AM

Why would you have missed your connection at SFO? If you fly into the US from Vancouver, you clear US Customs in Vancouver before you board your flight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 5:58 AM

R3, I think that was it. I misremembered. It was the flight to SFO that I nearly missed.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 6:06 AM

I just did this in June. You go through US customs in Vancouver. I took Alaska Airlines and the big problem is that there is a lot of construction going on at Seattle Airport right now. The train that connects some of the terminals doesn't stop at one of the concourses so you may have a really long walk (run) depending on where you're next flight is leaving. My flight from Vancouver landed at the same concourse as my flight back to NY so I had time. If you wind up landing or departing from an N gate, you may be screwed. Only way to and from the N gates is by train.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 10:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!