Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poll: Most men Embarrassed by Body Hair; Many avoid Gym, sex, swimming because of it

Over half of men admit to feeling “embarrassed” about their body hair, new research has found.

The fascinating statistic emerged in a survey of 2,000 men that found that 55 percent of all respondents said they felt ashamed of their body hair, with one in five saying they feel this way “often.”

The new study, conducted by OnePoll on behalf of BAKblade, also revealed that this embarrassment may cause some men hesitation when it comes to certain activities. For example, nearly one-third of men surveyed (31 percent) said they’ve avoided swimming out of embarrassment over their body hair, while another one in four (27 percent) said they’ve avoided the gym.

Startlingly, men are so unconfident in their body hair, nearly one in five feel it’s had a negative impact on their sex life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 7:16 PM

I understand that, I love my chest and leg hair, but my back hair has made me self conscious, since it developed. I Nair at least twice a month.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 2:55 AM

Well, that settles it.

Men have officially become WOMEN.

Goddamned pussies.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 2:58 AM

If my back looked like the guy in OP’s pic, I’d be embarrassed too.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 3:01 AM

Wax.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 3:03 AM

I love all body hair including back. The more the better. So sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 3:05 AM

I'd rather a guy be 'too hairy' than be a completely hairless plucked chicken.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 3:17 AM

R1 Don't know if they disaggregated the survey responses... but of the 55% who were embarrassed I'd bet that higher percentage had back/shoulder hair. I can't see 55% of men embarrassed about their chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 3:21 AM

Laser hair removal is really not that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 3:23 AM

[quote] nearly one-third of men surveyed (31 percent) said they’ve avoided swimming out of embarrassment over their body hair, while another one in four (27 percent) said they’ve avoided the gym.

They sound like insecure teenaged girls.

That's the REAL reason they're not getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 3:33 AM

Isn't there a back shaver you can get for those hard to reach areas?

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!