Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So this guy I know asks me if I want to hang out.

I just got back from a weekend away, no food in the fridge, laundry to do, etc. So I tell him ‘no thanks I have to run errands and explain the above’. No reply to my explanation. Later I tell him I will be caught up soon and I get a note that he doesn’t want to now because he felt rejected. Wtf. If you seek drama and feel it’s ok to play the victim card at every turn you will be forever alone. Should I just have lied or strung him along with a maybe? Do I not get a break to take care of my shit? Is everyone this goddam sensitive? Would you rather I make up some bullshit reason why I’m busy at the moment?

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 3:09 PM

Maybe he was turned off by your beginning sentences with "So" and had second thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2019 12:00 AM

It depends. How big is his dick?

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 12:00 AM

I think you need to make-up by giving him one of those half-a-heart necklaces and vowing your friendship forever and never turning him down on anything again.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 12:02 AM

You have a life, too, buddy.

Too many people in general, and gay men in particular, act as if I’m supposed to drop whatever I’m doing, and be available at their whim.

If he was really interested in you, he’d have understood.

Because he acted miffed, you can tell he’s just another superficial flake.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 12:10 AM

Sometimes it’s better not to explain in detail and just to say “I can’t tonight but I’d love to catch up Tuesday if you’re free.”

That being said, I once had a guy I was really into ask me out to the movies, but when I said I couldn’t make it to the showing in twenty minutes, he yelled at me and then never asked me again. Some people are weird.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 12:16 AM

Is he bigger than you?

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 12:19 AM

No, not tonight I have some things I have to BUT CAN I CALL YOU LATER would have been appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 12:55 AM

I'm sorry, Miss, but I have troubles of my own.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 1:03 AM

As said already, it is more polite to just postpone, so you don't sound like a rude bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 1:03 AM

Oh, dear. When a fat fag prefers food to a man. OP comes off like a voracious bitchy fag here.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 1:10 AM

He’s had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 5:41 AM

He has you down as a potential 'last minute loser' friend; you would be expected to be available when other people bail or he's otherwise at an unplanned loose end. You failed his test and count yourself lucky - you would be expected to be at his beck and call, in return for nothing but the gift of his company whenever it suited him (but never you).

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 1:28 PM

With the gays, if you can't drop everything and go hang out when they want, it must mean you're fucking someone else.

But seriously, if all you said was "no thanks I have to run errands" that does sound a bit dismissive. Something like "I can't right now, sorry, how about later tonight or tomorrow" (or whatever works) let's him know you're interested just unable to do what he wants there and then.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 1:36 PM

If someone played me like the guy OP described, that would be the last time we got together. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 2:10 PM

[quote]Later I tell him I will be caught up soon and I get a note that he doesn’t want to now because he felt rejected.

Your friend is a whiny bitch. He didn't just "feel rejected" he had to be rude enough to vocalize his feelings in this context. He's an idiot, OP.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 2:14 PM

OPs guy sounds like a girl with pmt.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 3:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!