Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are The Real Housewife’s of XYZ, subliminally racist?

First off, I’ve never watched of these shows, but my roommate is obsessed with them. So i see snippets here there when he’s watching on the living room tv. One day he’s was watching the Beverly Hills version and as far as i can tell it was all white women. Later when he was watching the Atlanta version it was all black women. So i asked him isn’t kind of racist to show a group of women all of the same racial type. Don’t they have friends of different races? He looked at me as if i just kick baby Jesus in the mouth.

His response was, there all friends. Me, really white women only have white friends, and black women only have black friends? I don’t care about this show, but it really doesn’t seem like the American i live in, where i have friends of all ethnicities, and would never just want to hang out with my own race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2019 5:40 AM

[quote]where i have friends of all ethnicities, and would never just want to hang out with my own race.

Well, aren't you just terrific!

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2019 11:56 PM

didn;t you get the memo

racism is the new black

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2019 12:45 AM

OP, you watch too many modern movies/TV shows where everyone has multiracial family/friends/neighbors/colleagues. In the real world, most Americans tend to stick with their own kind and like-minded people. Sure, there are exceptions -- such as you -- but that's not reality. Also, it doesn't make someone racist. Whites may know some people of color and vice-versa, but for the most part the races keep to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2019 1:07 AM

Also, have you noticed how many interracial couples there are in Hollywood movies? Disney has been doing a lot of that lately. It's usually a black/white romance. For instance, in the upcoming Lady and the Tramp live action remake, Darling and Jim Dear are being played by black/white actors. Lady and Tramp are also voiced by black/white actors. They do this mainly to bring more diversity in casting, not because it reflects real life.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2019 1:11 AM

"white women only have white friends, and black women only have black friends"... isn't that the basics of social engineering in the US (also called apartheid in other countries) ? Union between the "races" would be the end of the whole system...

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2019 1:25 AM

[quote]Lady and Tramp are also voiced by black/white actors.They do this mainly to bring more diversity in casting, not because it reflects real life.

black/white race mixing is abhorrent, and will result in the mogrelization of the species

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2019 1:32 AM

Black people make up just 12% of the population in this country. Those numbers on top of socioeconomic segregation mean that it is very easy to be a middle class white woman and have few to no black girlfriends.... So probably not intentionally racist. ....

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2019 1:33 AM

Maybe there should be a "Real Gay House Husbands of ...." since white and black gays generally like to fuck each other

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2019 1:39 AM

"Black people make up just 12% of the population in this country."

As someone who has traveled all over this country, I find that impossible to believe.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2019 1:44 AM

[quote]As someone who has traveled all over this country, I find that impossible to believe.

Travel in better circles.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2019 1:45 AM

I travel in all circles, which is why I knew what is really going on, outside my white bubble. You should try it sometime if you ever save up enough to leave your mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2019 1:48 AM

R9 You say you're someone 'who has traveled all over this country'.

You may have travelled through lots of public spaces but I can tell you that there are lots of people who AVOID public transport, AVOID public spaces and AVOID the No-Go Areas in order to avoid particular types of human beings.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2019 1:53 AM

true, travels usually don't include klan or magat rallies

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2019 1:57 AM

R9/R11/R13 = Queen of Denial

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2019 2:20 AM

I've been told that the biggest demographic change in California is the so-called 'White Flight'.

We have it too in my city.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote]First off, I’ve never watched of these shows, but my roommate is obsessed with them. So i see snippets here there when he’s watching on the living room tv.

You say you've never watched these shows as if it's some point of pride that makes you somehow more discerning or superior, but also have a roommate whose tv viewing is so compelling you just HAD to see snippets, here and there, of course.

Honey, you're eating a hamburger with a fork and knife and insisting you have good table manners.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2019 2:40 AM

R16 Don't call me Honey if you're trying to insult me!

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2019 3:49 AM

OP the shows are fake. They cast whomever they choose to cast. Most of them are strangers who don't really know each other.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2019 4:38 AM

R16, OP here. Yes it does make me socially superior not wasting my time on housewives. BTW, these women are not housewives - they have housekeepers, cooks, nannies chauffeurs etc. Not anything a normal housewife would even dream of having. It’s a moronic show and I don’t get DL’ers obsession with them.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote] "white women only have white friends, and black women only have black friends"... isn't that the basics of social engineering in the US (also called apartheid in other countries) ?

social engineering, apartheid?

I don't think you know what those word means. You shouldn't use words you don't know the meaning of because they make you look like a moron.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote] Yes it does make me socially superior not wasting my time on housewives. BTW, these women are not housewives -BTW, these women are not housewives - they have housekeepers, cooks, nannies chauffeurs etc. Not anything a normal housewife would even dream of having. It’s a moronic show and I don’t get DL’ers obsession with them.

You do watch these shows. Even if it's just snippets. You watch enough to know what's going on. I've had someone living with me that watched reality shows. I couldn't even watch snippets. I think these shows are stupid. But it's just a tv show. You have a roommate. I guess looking down on these dumb shows is the only way you can feel superior to anyone else. That's sad

You're the one obsessed enough to start a thread about it. People can watch whatever they want to. Who cares? Life is short. Watch whatever the fuck you want and let everyone else watch what they want

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]Yes it does make me socially superior not wasting my time on housewives.

And yet you;re so clueless you don't realize you are... you're thinking about it, examining it... and starting threads about it.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2019 5:03 PM

"You're," obviously!

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote] As someone who has traveled all over this country, I find that impossible to believe.

Of course you are refusing to believe the things we call facts. They're based on math

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2019 5:04 PM

Speaking of Hollywood promoting interracial romances, the upcoming Mr. Rogers movie A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN TH E NEIGHBORHOOD, the guy who interviews him Tom Junod ( played by Matthew Rhys) was fictionalized as Lloyd Vogel and given a black wife.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2019 6:44 PM

Absolutely! Orange County or Beverly Hills would NEVER allow a black on their cast, and neither would the viewers. We wanna see blonde, leggy, ex-models living in luxury!!

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2019 6:58 PM

R10 12 & 14 lives in New Hampshire and thinks the rest of the country looks like his limited world view.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2019 11:59 PM

R24 math, and statistics, much like your hole, can be and often are, fudged.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2019 12:02 AM

R27 is projecting and R28 is in denial. The US is not (and probably never will be) a multiracial/multicultural utopia you desperately want it to be.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2019 12:37 AM

[quotee][R16], OP here. Yes it does make me socially superior not wasting my time on housewives. BTW, these women are not housewives - they have housekeepers, cooks, nannies chauffeurs etc. Not anything a normal housewife would even dream of having. It’s a moronic show and I don’t get DL’ers obsession with them.

And yet, you seem to know so much about them and what occurs on the show...but, you're not wasting your time on them. Just watching "snippets" because your roommate is watching.

You claim superiority....and live with a roommate. Perhaps, it might be better to spend on more productive pursuits than watching "snippets" of poor tv programming - and complaining about it.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2019 12:49 AM

R29 The PC Brigade who so desperately want a multiracial/multicultural utopia remind me very much of the Old Style Christians who used to sing this old song.

Utopias can't defeat Human Nature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote]Perhaps it might be better to spend on more productive pursuits than watching "snippets" of poor tv programming - and complaining about it.

Agreed, r30 ... For instance, OP could spend some time learning how to use punctuation and which words are capitalized. (This is how I know r9 is not OP.)

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2019 1:15 AM

R29/30 it already is. That's why the right is freaking out about the browns immigrating here.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote] [R29] The PC Brigade who so desperately want a multiracial/multicultural utopia remind me very much of the Old Style Christians who used to sing this old song. Utopias can't defeat Human Nature.

1. Racially and ethnic diversity is not some sort of impossible Utopian goal.

2. Our society has rules and laws that govern human nature. We defeat the worst of human nature every minute of the day.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2019 5:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!